Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Why participate in Cross Server GB if you super stack a guild and no change in rewards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
    claps hand bravo!!!!!!!!!

but alas r2 wont do a thing and wont listen unless u flash the cash at them as they dont care u rushing round 7 weeks for a measley mount
    I don't really care about the rewards from CSGB the point is to have fun playing thats why its a game. It just gets to me that all these people are complaining over nothing. You have 4 matches that is with anyone from any server that is a guide as to where you place your guild in the final 3 battles that is based off you win/lose from the first 4. I have run into much older servers just to find that no one on that side even bothered to turn up giving us a free win, yet on other days we will never leave the spawn just to drag our loss out to the 20min mark. You win some you lose some but in the end it does not matter who comes in 1st.

Now if people really want something worth while to spend their time and energy getting mad over something then please do so over something that really matters like the new devotion that is so messed up that if you miss out on one thing you lose a whole days worth of work trying to get the 300 mark. Miss first world boss its over for you no fashion cores, can not die on ward tower before guild battle ends opps sorry no bound balens for you. Can't stay awake long enough to do the one and only tanks oh well. See to me that is a worth while complaint that yes I have done the survey for the new patch over and turned in a ticket. My answer from the ticket was a nicely worded F*** YOU we don't care. Was thinking about spending money to go to knighthood but way I am starting to feel about the game not spending money on something I might not use in the next few months.
    IGN: whitewolf
    Server: s507 Forgotten Abyss
    Guild: OUTCASTS
    Class: Archer

Comment

Here's the funny part, the 3 clusters the OP is talking about were just recently merged, which means they took 6 higher br and older clusters and turned them into 3.
      1. So for chaos wars you just reduced the number of high br teams you have to face by 3.
      2. Since most of the high br players in those clusters usually join the same guild, that means the number of high br guilds competing for the top positions for csgb has been reduced by 3. Yes this makes it a lock in for 3 guilds/servers to take the top 3 positions but it opened up the 4th through 6th for someone else. As far as csgb is concerned, unless you've been playing for less than 6 months, the only thing in the shop worth getting is the mount and only so you can turn it into 120 beast souls.
      3. Steel wars is almost a dead event most times, especially since they bugged it to where all the teams are disbanded at the start of the event each time and the rankings are reset since all the teams have to be made anew. Since none of the rankings are saved it's a random match who you're going to face, rather than previously where you were likely to face teams near your own position and br.
      4. War of Eternity - It's only taken place one time so I can't say much about it except that I didn't see a lot of divorces and re-marriages occurring from the merges to make super couples. It's possible in the future you might but frankly I doubt it. The rewards from shop just aren't worth it for most of the 10+ million br couples.

I just find it hilarious that, until this last csgb, the same guild has held the #1 position for over a year and no one said/complained about the fairness in it. Yet after a server merge, when a new guild knocks them out of that position we suddenly get an outcry. hhmm sounds more like sour grapes then a call for fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by R2138739441 View Post
        Here's the funny part, the 3 clusters the OP is talking about were just recently merged, which means they took 6 higher br and older clusters and turned them into 3.
        1. So for chaos wars you just reduced the number of high br teams you have to face by 3.
        2. Since most of the high br players in those clusters usually join the same guild, that means the number of high br guilds competing for the top positions for csgb has been reduced by 3. Yes this makes it a lock in for 3 guilds/servers to take the top 3 positions but it opened up the 4th through 6th for someone else. As far as csgb is concerned, unless you've been playing for less than 6 months, the only thing in the shop worth getting is the mount and only so you can turn it into 120 beast souls.
        3. Steel wars is almost a dead event most times, especially since they bugged it to where all the teams are disbanded at the start of the event each time and the rankings are reset since all the teams have to be made anew. Since none of the rankings are saved it's a random match who you're going to face, rather than previously where you were likely to face teams near your own position and br.
        4. War of Eternity - It's only taken place one time so I can't say much about it except that I didn't see a lot of divorces and re-marriages occurring from the merges to make super couples. It's possible in the future you might but frankly I doubt it. The rewards from shop just aren't worth it for most of the 10+ million br couples.

I just find it hilarious that, until this last csgb, the same guild has held the #1 position for over a year and no one said/complained about the fairness in it. Yet after a server merge, when a new guild knocks them out of that position we suddenly get an outcry. hhmm sounds more like sour grapes then a call for fairness.
        Until XSGB no one outside of Kabam 47 new about the merger or cared, XSGB showed how ridiculous the merge was compared to other servers.

Unless your an uber casher/whale that enjoys being a loner player.
        The most fun part of the game is playing with your friends/guild.

And Your going to keep seeing merges, I bet you in 6 months Kabam 47 or Kabam 23 or Kabam 1 clusters will get a merge.
        And you pray its not together.

If you're not part of that cluster, you probably wouldn't even bother trying.

We're in no ways blaming a guild, if you're "being defensive". This is clearly an R2 design problem.
        If you want people to continue playing this game you want balance, Vanguard BR was the biggest gap compared to to jump out over the last 3 months. Click image for larger version

Name:	Stacked Kabam.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1725461

And what about servers whining for a merge, but never to get one that helps them.

If you were in Infinite or Valinor, you'd pray you'd have a shot, or didn't get crushed.

Just see how much your interest wanes in the next few months, as these so called events get lamer and lamer, and theres nothing to fight for, and theres no chance or purpose in fighting.

We're just stating that system is broken, and if you want people to participate, you can change rewards, or create balance so people feel like they have a chance.
        Otherwise the rich keeps getting richer.
        Last edited by Takashi007x; 07-05-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
          There should be a br cap per guild, not number of members. Having a super-cluster server with all the top players in one guild defeats the purpose of guilds. It's only going to get worse. Or maybe limit guilds to 50 members. Most games have a 50 member limit anyway. 210 is ridiculously high, considering 50 is the max for any guild battle event. Either a br cap or lower member limit to 50... Meanwhile, my server is dying a slow death. Good times...
          A BR cap would be very hard to implement effectively. Look at how much BRs have inflated just in the last year. I remember when 200k was the domain of the most over powered toons. Now we have spawn campers in bgs with 10 mil + BR. On top of that BR shifts quite a bit. I can gain/lose over 1 million Br just based on what sylph and eud I have equipped. How would a BR cap account for all that? What happens when a patch fluffs everyone's BR and suddenly a guild is way overlimit? Nothing has changed other than how BR is measured, but now they have to kick people out?

I can understand the frustration with the CSGB matching and horribly unfair fights. On my server, since our last (and badly needed) merge, we've had one super guild, 2 strong guilds, and a bunch of small guilds. The super guild made it to gold group where they had substantially easier fights than my guild did in iron group. In finals, they had 1 no show opponent, 2 opponents significantly weaker than them, and only one "real" fight (this is based on what players in that guild claimed; I do not have a character in that guild, so do not know first hand). By comparison, in Iron group, we fought two guilds with higher BR (and more strong players) than our server's super guild (assuming these were guilds that got the losing end of the coin flip with initial matching), and 2 fights that were roughly equal in BR, but which massively out numbered us.

That makes it feel like ranking depends as much (or more) on luck as it does on skill, strategy, etc. This isn't to say that the top guilds aren't earning their rankings. Its more to say that others guilds are getting very unfair matching and are being cheated out of rewards we would be very capable of earning given the chance.

Comment

Working...
          X