Archers get two attacks to one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archers get two attacks to one

Lately I've been steadily noticing that archers appear to be getting in the occasional two attacks to one. I have not seen other classes perform this feat, just archers. I'm assuming it's a bug of some sort as it would seem that every other battle is one attack per person per round; however, in one-on-one battles archers have been getting two attacks to my one.

To clarify, I know it's not Multishot. I know this attack does two hits in a single attack. I do, in fact, mean that the archer will perform an attack, be it multishot or otherwise, and before I can even cast whatever spell I have sitting in cue for my turn, the archer will attack again with another blow. It seems to happen most often in solo duels against the AI.

Is this a bug?

Originally posted by R25816181 View Post
    Lately I've been steadily noticing that archers appear to be getting in the occasional two attacks to one. I have not seen other classes perform this feat, just archers. I'm assuming it's a bug of some sort as it would seem that every other battle is one attack per person per round; however, in one-on-one battles archers have been getting two attacks to my one.

To clarify, I know it's not Multishot. I know this attack does two hits in a single attack. I do, in fact, mean that the archer will perform an attack, be it multishot or otherwise, and before I can even cast whatever spell I have sitting in cue for my turn, the archer will attack again with another blow. It seems to happen most often in solo duels against the AI.

Is this a bug?
    One of the things that can cause this(no offense) is user delay....If you use an ability, and it takes you even a fraction of a second to queue up your next ability, you are losing time on that attack because when you queue an ability there is a certain amount of time before the attack goes off. When I play my mage, I skill, then auto, skill then auto that way an archer never gets off what appears to be 2 attacks to my one. I know this slows down my damage at times, but I can be more precise with my attacks and make sure they land in the time frame I need them to land on. Ie. if your a mage chaining LB, eventually that split second delay before you can queue the skill will make it so that anyone who skills, auto, skills will eventually get 2 attacks to your one because they are using all their time with no delays.

Comment

this happens also in single arena and same as archers knights and mages too sometimes attack twice i think that AI just do things much more smooth than manual like us
      :DIn the end everything will be ok, if it's not then it's not the end yet, so just smile:D
      :cool:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called "present". - Master Oogway of Kungfu Panda:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by malus1991 View Post
        this happens also in single arena and same as archers knights and mages too sometimes attack twice i think that AI just do things much more smooth than manual like us
        UI auto queues ability before the cd is actually refreshed at times(I know Mage LB does). Go into a fight w/ just LB as a mage, and put on AFK mode for the fight, you'll see LB queues up BEFORE the cd actually is finished.
        Last edited by Cyrale; 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
          UI auto queues ability before the cd is actually refreshed at times(I know Mage LB does). Go into a fight w/ just LB as a mage, and put on AFK mode for the fight, you'll see LB queues up BEFORE the cd actually is finished.
          yes i have seen it too
          :DIn the end everything will be ok, if it's not then it's not the end yet, so just smile:D
          :cool:Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift that is why it is called "present". - Master Oogway of Kungfu Panda:cool:

Comment

No offense taken. However, I always have the button pressed for the prepared attack long before my current attack goes off just to eliminate that delay issue. For instance I had Lightning Bolt queued and waiting to cast (icon posted over head and everything) when the archer attacked. Before that same Lightning Bolt attack discharged, the archer hit again. I have heard others mention the same thing happening. I also make it a habit to cast different spells that are prepared before the currently queued attack discharges to further eliminate delays. (Example: Load screen in process, already have Meteoric Destroyer casting upon full load. While that is waiting to discharge, my finger is already pressing the Lightning Bolt hotkey so that when Meteoric casts, the next attack is immediately queued. Rinse repeat.)

Now it's possible that lag delays are what's happening, but to have at least five people comment that archers are double hitting before they get a single attack off is pretty coincidental, and I don't believe in coincidence. I doubt all of us are having the same lag issue with archers only.

Comment

Glad you did not take offense to that =) I play one of each class so I have pretty good knowledge of each of the classes(I'm a theory crafter, so to understand everything about the classes I have to know the classes in detail). Only explanation I can think of at this point is that the actual skill cast time is shorter on archers than any other class. I know that if I use intercept on my knight, I normally beat out all other classes for that hit, even if I slightly hit it after they do(due to error on my part). Only way we could really get a 100% answer on this I guess is if they put into skill itself how long it takes for said skill to go off so we can compare the actual timing differances between skills. I know LB goes off quicker than any of the AOE attacks on my mage, slightly but after x amount of times doing it you get to know when you can sneak in a hit before another skill would land.

Comment

Right. I have noticed a bit of a time delay in casting, so I have come to assume that MD and RoF have a slightly longer casting period (not too unlike the casting times used in WoW for almost any class ever). I just found it strange to have an archer manage to get off both a multishot AND base attack in the span of casting a single LB. As I said, LB was queued and ready to go, archer still got two hits in. As I know several others in my guild have also made the same observation, I was wondering if there wasn't something more to it.

I can say I have tried starting an archer on another server to test the theory, but she's nowhere near a very decent level to test it out (she's only level 19, and I haven't witnessed the same behavior when dueling other classes). It just seemed strange to me that in the week and a half of playing I've done, archers were the only class this happened with. I have noted on occasion, however, that my mage will sneak in a random fireball during world boss battles, but I don't know if this is much of a glitch either. It never happens during duels.

Comment

Originally posted by R25816181 View Post
                  Right. I have noticed a bit of a time delay in casting, so I have come to assume that MD and RoF have a slightly longer casting period (not too unlike the casting times used in WoW for almost any class ever). I just found it strange to have an archer manage to get off both a multishot AND base attack in the span of casting a single LB. As I said, LB was queued and ready to go, archer still got two hits in. As I know several others in my guild have also made the same observation, I was wondering if there wasn't something more to it.

I can say I have tried starting an archer on another server to test the theory, but she's nowhere near a very decent level to test it out (she's only level 19, and I haven't witnessed the same behavior when dueling other classes). It just seemed strange to me that in the week and a half of playing I've done, archers were the only class this happened with. I have noted on occasion, however, that my mage will sneak in a random fireball during world boss battles, but I don't know if this is much of a glitch either. It never happens during duels.
                  My archer is currently lvl 38 and only thing I can see with that is arrow strike(1st ability you get/rage builder), seems to be off cd by the time the animation is done, so you can spam that endlessly compared to my mage who has a slight delay from animation time to LB being able to be queued again.

Comment

Working...
                  X