City Plunders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Plunders

As Wartune has evolved, something I've noticed in playing two servers, and talking to others during things like CSGB that I think deserves to be considered.

We do NOT need City Plunders in this game.

For the most part, the only ones doing it, on any server, are those "trying to send a message" and trying to create drama. For no more than 800K gold per attempt, which really doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme here, you've got people just trying to create ill will, and detract from the game.

If you want to replace the gold, fix our world boss, that is so weak now we almost never last a complete battle round, never get to activate sylphs during the event, and often last 30-40 seconds or less. Adjust the World Boss as you did a couple of years ago to beef it up, add hit points in line with server strength and player strength, make it a fun event again, and keep it an anchor to the game it deserves to be.

If you want challenges, you've got a duel function, and players can test each others' mettle that way. Add something to hot events, or devotion, making a player run a duel...which lets player CHOOSE who they will battle, without the annoyance of plunder, certainly without the low class attitudes of some who only plunder a specific guild, or will still plunder the same player five times a day to send their "message."

If you're like me, you figured out a long time ago plundering the weak is only that...not much of a challenge most of the time, a really low-class thing to do, and it just gets people angry. It gets tired and old fast, and is long past its time in Wartune. Please kill it as an "event" in this game. Fix WB. Use the Duel function properly. Make the game better that way. And keep it fun for everyone by not giving the worst elements on every server the means of sending a bad "message" that drives away fun, and with it drives away good people and players.
    Last edited by Centaur0001; 08-31-2016, 08:39 PM.

somebody been plundered lately it seems.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Actually, camped level, rarely plundered...or, more accurately, it's rare people attempt to plunder, and with 3M+ BR at level 70, I get to watch many try and lose badly.

Watching others being foolish and targetting certain players just to cause drama. City plundering is for the bullies of the game, and does nothing to help anyone out. On any server.

Comment

For some its all about devo. Plundering isn't as bad as it was months back where towns were getting plundered endlessy. Doesn't seem to be the case now or at least where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
          somebody been plundered lately it seems.
          Plundering is another thing that just needs to be removed. Add something else for devotion and removing plundering completely. Or maybe give bonus devotion if you plunder a KH. That would seem fair to me.

Comment

The devo is why I mentioned the Duel utility in the game.

If plundering isn't as bad, it's partly because there is a little bit of self-policing in the game...it's the drama queens that need to plunder to create their drama, and many of them are getting the message from their own guild to stop what the player community views as bad behavior. Those that don't are usually strong, too strong to tell off, and are the bullies of the game. City plundering in Wartune is a fail, and only serves to drive away good players who don't need to be part of the drama. We don't need it.

And, seriously, if this isn't about unfair advantage...how does a weak player ever plunder a strong one back? Answer: they can't. Some guilds turn around and retaliate against weaker players in the plunderer's guild, which only perpetuates bad behavior and drives people off the game. It's why most guilds try hard to stop their players participating in this nonsense.

Again, I hope Wartune/7Road will just get rid of the ability to even do city plunders anymore. Go create a Hot Event for dueling another player instead, and hand us some devo points for it. Nobody interested in playing Wartune (as opposed to being a drama queen) will miss city plunders in the slightest.

Comment

I always like a little war. Someone hits my compound, my units lock on to the entire guild and start hitting back. Yes, 800k is skimp change compared to years ago when it was a big thing (although I can go forth for more kyanite but 10 hero Endless Path blitz runs sure solved that, LOL) but it's not the end of the world. Most of the people on my server get along so it's fun for all of us.

If you are worried about gold loss, invest in animals as 99% of the players are doing these days, and use that cool down (2 hours) to upgrade anything and everything.
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

for something that "not necessary" and "unimportant", OP sure whine about it a lot.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I rarely plunder people UNLESS they hit me first, then I have my fun. To be told that one cannot plunder (or even attack) in a WAR game is quite stupid in my opinion. If no one wants to be plundered, do what I suggest in the end part of my statement or just play a game that doesn't feature PVP... simple as.

Comment

Wartune isn't a simple "war game," as they say themselves, and if you want that fun you can choose a duel and two people can pick their partner in battle that way...it's far better.

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    for something that "not necessary" and "unimportant", OP sure whine about it a lot.
                    Sounds to me like spenders are pushing back here, afraid the game will take away a meaningless drama-source. And, the spenders usually get their way. The game too often becomes something between the haves and the have-nots, and even if something doesn't deserve a place at the table, the spenders win the argument because that's how 7Road rolls. Money first. Game balance and fun second. You sound like the feedback from a support ticket here.

Instead of doing the whining because someone comes up with a new idea, why not get behind eliminating city plunders? What you get from it is game development. The devs keep coming up with new stuff all the time...rather than fixing what's broken and necessary to fix. Having one less thing to maintain actually serves your purposes better, and lets them get on with creating new stuff and implementing it that will play into your stream of spend. Even if you're not a heavy spender, it might give us an event that's more fun, or a better way of playing what's already here.

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    I rarely plunder people UNLESS they hit me first, then I have my fun.
                    I don't blame you for retaliating if someone hits you, the way it's set up now. But, come to think of it, if someone plundered you successfully, almost all the time he's too strong to plunder back, so all you're doing is creating drama with someone else who probably has enough game events during the course of the day, and really doesn't need the drama you've just created. It's a bad cycle. There are enough events out there where the strong get much better rewards, and for the "war game" component, there probably should be some of that. But, this fiasco just preys on players, some newer ones on older servers that will get frustrated with this nonsense before they get to the point of spending and getting stronger, and, seriously, how fun and challenging is it to attack the clearly inferior? Or, more often, established players where the dividing line between victor and victim is only heavy spend, and the game telegraphs a pathetic imbalance by perpetuating things like this. It's much easier to respond with a laugh at this idea when you're too strong to get hit often, and you're part of the clique of cash players who are rarely on the receiving end. And, to be fair, the spenders usually "get it," too...many or most are too classy as people to get into this nonsense, and they try hard to stop unhelpful play so we can share the fun in Wartune. It's the select few here to cause problems for the whole server that are willing to spend to get attention for being the bad seeds in the game.

There is a lot wrong currently with game balance. For the really tiny rewards involved here, city plunders just don't have meaning. Not that I think the solution is to increase what you can plunder, either. (Fix WB HP first, please!) There are other game events to get you your warring. The select group of ladies and gentlemen who ignore the way sportsmanlike play has evolved on the servers and use this only as a way to "send a message" (read: bully) to others are only creating ill-will. Most of us here now...and I hear this in my guild of 180, and my alt's #1-ranked guild of 110, and in world chat in both those servers, and even sometimes in CSGB...really want this to just go away so we can get on with playing as many events as possible in the limited daily time we have here. But, I suppose, if you're here not to share the fun, and to upset people with spend, you might see it far differently. Most players left on the servers I play are here more than 3 years. So, you suggest to players who have put in that much time that we, the core of the servers, should just go off somewhere and play another game? Well, some ARE. And that's the problem. But, hey, you've got a right to your perspective as much as anyone. Go ahead and play without the bulk of players in the game today, and see how that goes. And that goes right along with some of the attitude we all seem to be seeing handed down from 7Road (the devs)..."heck, if we could just get rid of all the players we could really get stuff done." Why, when you know how they've fumbled support and development, would you EVER take that side of the discussion? But, pushing back here, you have.
                    Last edited by Centaur0001; 09-03-2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I've only plundered once and this was recent. I logged on late and was trying to make some devo points. Do I expect to win? Nope.

Why? Because my character isn't well built and I've given up the aspect of winning anything while playing; same goes for BG. What I can do without are those Archaeology hotspots that are too close to towns.

Comment

I thought plundering was dumb back when it was useful. I didn't want to take gold from others, and I got much more gold once I made alts and let them accumulate lots of gold (back when maps were big enough to hide ... and there was no gold limit).

Comment

On the WB issue: They can't as they reached the highest integer without the game crashing. Perhaps do one where the HP is infinite but you are still punching on it and gauge the killing blow part on the person who kills it right at the end time (battle wise).

Plunder issue: You talked about causing drama but failed to realize that the one who attacked me already has drawn first blood, thus making me go after them or their entire guild. In war, we call that provocation. I don't plunder folks just out of cause; I just retaliate after being hit; and enough to send a message right back in saying "if you don't want me to hit you, then don't hit me". A year ago, my guild and another guild were at war where the people from the other guild kept plundering and we kept busting bunkers in return. Now, that was fun. The GL was a total putz that she taunted us just because she's a casher. Well, casher or no, I vowed to go after her as I kept building up. One day, that promise came true as I leveled her city and rode into the sunset. The plunders stopped and we were just having fun thereafter.

So, sometimes, good things happen during a plunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Centaur0001 View Post
                            ...Sounds to me like spenders are pushing back here...
                            Someone is not a big spender, but he's in the top guild cross-server, with a 1 billion guild BR, and wins every GB, CSGB, Titan, Outlands, etc.
                            Asking someone who can gather guildies to beat up the whole world (of eastern timezone) to stop bullying is like asking a dashing bull to make a U turn to avoid stepping on a tender grass.
                            It's his spot that puts him at such advantage. And he gets carried through most runs including arena although he did hit a wall occasionally (don't ask why I know it).
                            For the rest of us, plunders are just for devotion any ways, and you don't have to win in order to get the devotion.
                            I did not hit anyone I could beat for months, and none of them hit back (because I asked for permission first). But most people like me much so maybe others would have a different experience.

Comment

Wartune is not a war game. It's an adventure RPG.
                              If I were to play it like a real war game, I'll talk to nobody and will just walk around and shoot everyone and everything I encounter.
                              But WT is a highly social and collaborative game. Nobody can play it alone (unless they love to waste time and abuse alts, then I have nothing to say).
                              Both big and small players need each other to play this game, and both can help the other side. Strength is not the sole measure of success in this game.
                              Plundering and drama are just unpleasant and unnecessary.
                              I'm in the top guild on most servers. No one wants to make unwanted visits to my castle unless they want my guildies to thank them for the +5 devotion every day.
                              But seeing people cursing each other for small things such as city plundering and dimension stealing is just distracting and annoying, especially when someone hits a target with only 5% of their BR.
                              It's just a bad idea to prey on people significantly weaker than you.

Comment

Working...
                              X