Outland system is almost as terrible as ToK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outland system is almost as terrible as ToK

So, I crit a guy with Troops and no KH for 5.56 million, and he lived. Bug, hack or working as intended? Discuss.

If Donee, with 17m BR doesn't even have 5m hit points, how did some random schmuck live through a 5 million crit?

While I'm ranting, get rid of blessing. What a pointless waste of balens (yeah yeah, R2 will never do that, I know. )
    S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
    1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
    EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
    Lukoi

*facepalm*
    someone with 2m HP would be 10M HP if his guild has 500% defense bless when you attack him.
    did you even look at your HP at the fight? unless if your guild has 0% atk bless, then it should be more than what you have normally.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      *facepalm*
      someone with 2m HP would be 10M HP if his guild has 500% defense bless when you attack him.
      did you even look at your HP at the fight? unless if your guild has 0% atk bless, then it should be more than what you have normally.
      Seriously? So, it's not a defense buff, it's an hp buff? Lame.

I'll have to look at that next round.
      EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by R224070026 View Post
        Seriously? So, it's not a defense buff, it's an hp buff? Lame.

I'll have to look at that next round.
        its all stat buff

it seems you have a misundertanding about how the bless works.
        the atk buff means when you attack another guild, you got bonus stats in that fight.
        the def buff means when another guild attack yours, the NPC that represents you in their fight will get bonus stats.
        Last edited by Arlad; 09-02-2016, 06:15 PM.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

*facepalm*
          12 Million, not 10.
          2 M + 500% bonus would be 600% of base HP. And more bonus for the 4 Generals.

Comment

its all stat buff

it seems you have a misundertanding about how the bless works.
            the atk buff means when you attack another guild, you got bonus stats in that fight.
            the def buff means when another guild attack yours, the NPC that represents you in their fight will get bonus stats.
            Ahh, I see. I did misunderstand. I thought I got + atk and def while attacking, and the defender got + atk and def while defending. Thanks for clarifying.
            EpicFail/Gemini

Lukoi

Comment

As if casher guilds didn't need another massive cheap way to dominate us, they have blessings in OC. I can beat virtually every non-KH normally, but when someone with lv70 troops crushes me, the system is utterly broken. Get rid of blessings because it's just idiotic. Dead servers, like mine, don't have 100 active guildies to give massive blessings. But they have it to give yet another massive advantage to cashers. And I'm sure that there is an attack bonus to players you attack. No way a guy with lv70 troops can deal that much damage to me normally.

Comment

Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                As if casher guilds didn't need another massive cheap way to dominate us, they have blessings in OC. I can beat virtually every non-KH normally, but when someone with lv70 troops crushes me, the system is utterly broken. Get rid of blessings because it's just idiotic. Dead servers, like mine, don't have 100 active guildies to give massive blessings. But they have it to give yet another massive advantage to cashers. And I'm sure that there is an attack bonus to players you attack. No way a guy with lv70 troops can deal that much damage to me normally.
                All guilds have the ability to bless, it's not just for cashers. Each person can only bless so many times per fight for defense. Not sure what spending money or not spending money has to do on this battle.
                "Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

R2Games Rules
                Browser Game Support

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_MrEUS View Post
                  ...Each person can only bless so many times per fight for defense...
                  Not really. If you bless during battle, there's no limit, until your total bless reaches 500% each way.

Comment

Not just casher guilds, but more like any guild that abuses alts.
                    I've seen a guild with only 2 active players tripled their population for blessing, all of which are alts of their g m (the bad apple that no guild wants).
                    And quite a few guilds with only 6-10 actives got the blessing power of 100-200 players (based on how much points they got without winning any fights against us).

Quite some top guilds MANDATE that blessing HAS TO be 500% BOTH ways BEFORE anyone is allowed to attack, and they will yell at people and start up big drama to "catch the black sheep" who dares to start attacking before blessing has been maxed both ways.
                    It's ridiculous that people would tolerate such drama just to stay in a big guild with other strong players in it.
                    Especially for those who spend serious cash in this game, how they could withstand it to pay so much money for being ruled by other bigger cashers is beyond my interpretation.
                    But then again, I'm on dead servers most of the time. Active, strong servers might be a different story.
                    I do have toons in there, and so far still don't understand such people's mentality.

Comment

Another thing I'm starting to see are small guilds with 20 members, but all KH up against guilds that have 0 chance of beating them. Maybe there should be a minimum 50 members for a guild to enter, or factor in "BR average per member" to makes things a little fairer. 20 vs 200... not a fair fight with OC mechanics...

Comment

Another thing I'm starting to see are small guilds with 20 members, but all KH up against guilds that have 0 chance of beating them. Maybe there should be a minimum 50 members for a guild to enter, or factor in "BR average per member" to makes things a little fairer. 20 vs 200... not a fair fight with OC mechanics...
                        in that case, they win lots crystals by fighting, but much less from ranking (unless they want to waste balens on blessing), and have a high chance of being ranked lowest, so it's still kinda fair.
                        my cousin's tiny guild of free players met one top guild, one kh-only guild, and one crowded guild today, and i'm in that top guild. they still did well for the limited strength and small number they have.
                        i think it's the grouping to blame. a 75% empty guild with nobody above 6.5m br really shouldn't fight a full guild with 20 people above 10m. but that's the system for now.

Comment

Now, guilds weaker than mine are resorting to blessing at the last second and sniping a ranking spot. Our guild bombs them into the stone age, then they bless 100x and beats us without even battle. Is this a battle or a blessing war? So many things they need to fix. Maybe in addition to stealing points a battle victory should come with additional bonus points. So, matching, casher guilds with low numbers and no easy wins, weak guilds spam blessing at last second, being locked into a guild's opponent if you are beaten.... Any other monstrous bug need fixing?

Comment

Now, guilds weaker than mine are resorting to blessing at the last second and sniping a ranking spot. Our guild bombs them into the stone age, then they bless 100x and beats us without even battle. Is this a battle or a blessing war? So many things they need to fix. Maybe in addition to stealing points a battle victory should come with additional bonus points. So, matching, casher guilds with low numbers and no easy wins, weak guilds spam blessing at last second, being locked into a guild's opponent if you are beaten.... Any other monstrous bug need fixing?
                            Considering the unfairness of being matched against a guild that could bomb them into the stone age, it's fair and square for the weaker guild to win over yours by a good blessing strategy. Remember they also need a decent number of actives for massive blessing to have significance, so the weaker players got rewarded for being active contributors. I'd think that's well-deserved reward for their hard work.

As for the "being locked to same opponent" thing, you just need to wait for a moment for every time you run into a losing battle, and you won't get back the same opponent again, unless the number of attackers in front of you remains unchanged (even if they are different attackers). It's your order in the matching queue that matters to the matching, not your stats or battle history. So if you have 4 people ahead of you and fighting, you are the 5th and lost it fast, in the next round, you are going to get their 5th guy again, which would be the same guy if you lost. It'll be the 6th guy if you win. I can't verify it, but it seems like that's how player pairing works. It's not really a "bug" but more of a rigid/predictable design. I always ask a bigger guy to attack if I shall lose a fight, and sometimes other guilds just killed that monster for me and I got an easier one for the next match.

In my opinion, Outlands has a more mature and dynamic design than CSGB, and requires more work to win. The best thing is that the whole guild can contribute to it, and active players get more rewards for their hard work. For free players, smelting is huge stats boosts with relatively small effort (comparing to how tedious it is to get any stats elsewhere). It's a great feature to have.
                            Of course it also has flaws. Guild matching is rigged and unfair. Battle matching is rigid and predictable, and it encourages alt abusing.
                            Lots people with too much time have created tons of new alts just for blessing, which creates lots distraction from system messages and increases lag by a noticeable level.
                            In some sense, the alt abusers shall be rewarded for their hard work. But overall, alt abusing has negative impact on server performance and it is unfair advantage that shouldn't be encouraged.
                            Outlands also encourages large, strong guilds to kill off small, weak guilds, which is bad for server liveliness and bad for most players in general.
                            Just the 500k monthly fee is difficult for some smaller guilds. Not to mention, most big players seem to have deemed that they would have to flock together in a big guild with 500% blessing both ways to get optimal rewards (which is actually FALSE).
                            Considering that on the same server, some guilds could have 10-20 whales above 10 million BR while the rest of top 8 could not even keep lowbies below 3M and kept losing actives to the big guilds, while the big guilds actually don't care about them, don't help them and waste most of them, it's really very negative.
                            The server will quickly die off, with only the obsessed cashers remaing on it, which will result in more merges and more quits within months.
                            Maybe massive merging and eliminating the non-whales fit well in the agenda of the server owners, but that kills the game as well. Oh well...maybe killing the game is what they want.

Comment

Working...
                            X