No announcement yet.

dont like luck exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, true. Feel free to complain about things getting better, and to be blatantly incorrect in saying something got harder to get, when it got easier to get. You are allowed.

Once people start to use basic logic, they'll wake up to the extremely obvious fact that Lucky Exchange gives extra loot on top of the old system of opening chests, and made mounts 10x - 20x easier to get, for cashers. Even wings are way easier to get from clothing 'chests'. Sure, you have to use 30 at a time, then 1, then 30, then 1, but more loot and far better overall reward (especially with mount chests) is obviously worth a tiny bit of effort. I mean, how lazy can people be? To think that an improvement to their own reward is not worth a tiny of of extra effort. In some cases a huge boost to reward (again, especially with mount chests) BECAUSE of the Lucky Exchange itself. And who knows, maybe the Devs will eventually update Lucky Exchange to automatically give you the rare item every 31 chests that you use and let you use hundreds in one click. For now, people will just have to tolerate a tiny bit of extra effort for far better reward. Boo hoo.

I fully support people complaining when something is 'actually' broken, but when people complain about massive improvements (or small improvements, if you don't count mount chests, or if you are a free player) that is just plain silly. And when their complaints are blatantly incorrect, and they should actually be happy, it is ridiculous. The Devs might even be crazy enough to listen to these complaining fools and undo the improvements, just because enough fools complained, when things were actually 'better'.

If you're going to complain, at LEAST be correct and provide actual facts in your complaints. I whole-heartedly encourage people to complain about actual problems and glitches, or poor game designs that need to be changed or improved, but complaining about good changes is pure idiocy, and may actually cause the Devs to change the game back to being less good.
    Starblaze - S658

Comment

Originally posted by RyanG63 View Post
      I've been playing the game since the voucher days too.. before mounts.. and nobody has the right to tell me what I can or cannot complain about..
      Same here, an oldie as old as this game. Been around when level cap was 60

Comment

Well...if someone can bring some solid stats proving that lucky exchange has consistently better drop rate than opening chests, then we are convinced.
        So far we've been consistently getting worse drops than chests.

At least for me, on average some 10-25 chests had guaranteed a clothing item, or about a 4-10% drop rate.
        I just opened 22 very old chests on an inactive toon today, and got 1 clothing item.

Now with some 500+ bat wings on 3 toons, I ended with only 10 clothing items on each of them, or a 2% drop rate.
        That's 1500+ bat wings exchanged, on 3 different game platforms. I'd think the sample size is adequate and the result is accurate.
        Maybe we should appreciate that at least they are consistent.

Comment

Aha, someone with some actual stats. Very nice. So, the Lucky Exchange seems terrible for getting clothing items, but the Devs could simply have lowered the drop rate to 2% even without Lucky Exchange. The fact that we get a bonus 'rare' item every 31 chests is an upgrade. That fact is obvious. I'd be curious to know how many clothing 'shards' you got from 1500 bat wings.

So, as always, the best way to get clothing is to trade 30 chests. Nothing has changed, there. And the best way to get clothing shards is to cash Golden Road. Nothing has changed, there. Now with Lucky Exchange giving a 500+ Mount (duplicates = 2000 beast souls) every 62 - 93 chests or so, that is a MASSIVE upgrade from the previous 1 in 1000 chests system.

Free players don't get 31 chests for clothing or mounts, so no difference there, for them. I would be curious to see the drop rate for wings, in Lucky Exchange. They were super rare before, so I assume the drop rate is higher, overall, with every 31 chests.
          Starblaze - S658

Comment

Originally posted by jamidc1992 View Post
            Haha, true. Feel free to complain about things getting better, and to be blatantly incorrect in saying something got harder to get, when it got easier to get. You are allowed.

If you're going to complain, at LEAST be correct and provide actual facts in your complaints. I whole-heartedly encourage people to complain about actual problems and glitches, or poor game designs that need to be changed or improved, but complaining about good changes is pure idiocy, and may actually cause the Devs to change the game back to being less good.
            For the fifteenth time.. my complaint is that the description of the bat wings 1 clothing shards say they're for the month of October and not just the first 3 days. You think thats 1. not a fact? 2. blatanly incorrect? and 3. an improvement?

Comment

Well...if you actually read my post before replying, I had said I just opened 22 old chests on an inactive toon today and got 1 clothing item, in the second paragraph.

Comment

Free players don't get 31 chests for clothing or mounts, so no difference there, for them. I would be curious to see the drop rate for wings, in Lucky Exchange. They were super rare before, so I assume the drop rate is higher, overall, with every 31 chests.
                Did you miss that one point I said I had like 300-400 during the Mahra/Sep event alone (1k Mahra, 3k Sep on the first day; 1k/1k for the rest)? It's the ONLY sensible event at the very moment. The rest don't seem like beneficial to the free player because the unlimited parts of those have been removed. Now, you go about saying that it's better. Kinda flips the question of "does anyone realize that the rate of opening chests in the past would be the same amount that is needed to exchange to get a 'good' item?" It handles like a school bus to be exchanging 30, 29, 1 at a time as compared to just throwing the entire 300-400 and letting it fill up the inventory boxes. It's a difference killer because after said event is done, those collections become 1k useless sells instead. The old stuff, I can still hold onto them as long as I like and when I feel like it, I will open them up; you can't with this new s*expletive*! Now, we got from Batwings I to Batwings II with a description of "...for the month of October..." right on them. As if that's not confusing enough since they looked the same.

Next time, don't promote spending as no one wants to hear of such.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Well, if you actually read my reply before replying to my reply, I was curious about clothing SHARDS. You already gave a lot of info about the 2% drop rate for clothing pieces. Unless item and shard are the same word, in your bizarre mind.

RyanG63 - I actually never replied to that complaint, I was mostly replying to complaints about the Lucky Exchange in general. I never once comented on the description of the items (which has nothing to do with the Lucky Exchange itself). Your complaint is semi-valid, but the Devs have never been good with descriptions of anything, really. Technically the items are for the month of October, there just so happen to be several items for October. It never said they were available in a Lucky Exchange for the entire month of October. The Devs like to play dumb and use tricky wording. Not a good thing, but not really the main issue of this thread.

Meikura001 - You must sit in some pretty fast school buses. If you are seriously complaining about using 30, then 1, then 30, then 1, then you are extremely lazy. If you think the Devs will pay attention to such silly complaints, good luck. Sure, maybe they will add the option of using hundreds at once and just throwing in a rare item for every 31 chests used, that would be nice, but this is nothing compared to old events of clicking 'Collect' literally thousands of times every week or so. And dealing with the world chat spam of lvl 3 gems and days of lag from event rewards. Overall, the extra rare item is worth it. The Lucky Exchange is better, obviously. Anyone who does not see that is clearly a fool. It is basic logic. Clear as 1 + 1 = 2. Before Lucky Exchange, we open 31 chests and get meh. Now we open 31 chests and get meh plus a rare item. Obviously better. If they nerfed the drop rate, that has nothing to do with lucky exchange.

For the 1 billionth time, if people are so incredibly stupid that they don't remember to exchange their items before the Lucky Exchange event or trade event ends, that is their own fault. The benefits of Lucky Exchange are worth a few idiots mucking themselves over. What should the Devs do, hold the players hands? Send them nice little messages every 5 seconds reminding them to exchange before time runs out? Maybe walk the players across the street everyday as well, because players can't do anything on their own or be their own at least remotely intelligent selves? Awesome. If people are really that dumb, then nothing can save them. Not sure how they even function in society.

I can promote spending as much as I want. Spending is the ENTIRE reason that free players exist. Without spending, the game does not exist. If the game does not exist, free players cannot play. You cannot play a game that does not exist. Deal with it.

If people want to get hand-outs and play a game that costs a LOT of money to make and maintain, they can sit down and shut up. Free players are moochers, simple as that. Cannon fodder to make cashers feel tough. You don't pay a single cent for a game that you play everyday? Then you cannot complain about anything at all. You can only hope that cashers keep cashing to keep your free game alive.

Lucky Exchange is a cashers dream. Don't like it? Have a cry and go to sleep.

End rant. My my I can be an arrogant jerk sometimes. But you get the idea. People who give nothing and expect the world in return are just sad. Cashers actually show their appreciation for the enjoyment they get out of a game. If you are wealthy enough to afford a computer, you can spare $8 a month for VIP. There is no excuse other than selfishness to not support a game that you play. And to give nothing, expect the world, AND complain about the people actually paying for your free game, is just pathetic.
                  Starblaze - S658

Comment

At least they did something nice in Lucky Exchange:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	lexchange.png
Views:	1
Size:	543.3 KB
ID:	1727392
                    Guild: <Suicides>
                    Nick: NoCash
                    BR: 26kk+
                    Free Player

Server: S661 merged with S639, S643, S646, S650, S654, S658, S665, S680, S691, S703 and S714

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRjHwtovDvjAcXwbpQ-QFrA

Comment

After what you have posted above, and after seeing you had to resort to call people by names in the starting sentence, now I'm not reading the remainder of your long post, and do not think it worth reading or responding to.

My point is quite clear. Whether or not you agree is your choice.
                      If you have some well-reasoned argument and are able to present it without name calling, we could discuss again, as I would only reason or argue with polite, decent people.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudstrife11122015 View Post
                        At least they did something nice in Lucky Exchange:
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]167934[/ATTACH]
                        yeah the guaranteed beast soul is a good improvement.
                        maybe we could wait and see. there might be some real improvements ahead.
                        at the mean time, we might just have to allow people to adjust to the new timing, or to stop caring. LOL

Comment

the luck exchange would be nice if they kept it up longer than just 3 bloody days, just like they did on the hot event exchange that allowed us 2 more days to exchange our items even though the event have changed to something new .

Comment

Meikura001 - You must sit in some pretty fast school buses.
                            Even 30-40' movers are faster than buses! But we won't go there as it gets scary with me behind the wheel. Or so that I was told.

Really? No excuse to not support a game? Well, when said game decides to put back things into their former glory that benefits ALL players and not a chosen few, then I will put in my support. Simple as.
                            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Well what is the point of having the bat wing 2 clothing shards when there is no way to exchange them when I just received them from spender event on hot events. This is not a good way to do this because we can get gold anywhere. This is twice now that I missed out on exchange because you took down the exchange when it was still supposed to be up for the bat wings 2 and seems this is an October event and we are only at the 10th oct why was it taken down.
                              The Borg Collective
                              S526 Ghostwood Downs

Resistance is Futile you will Comply

Comment

The Lucky Exchange needs to last as LEAST as long as the other events which give out the exchange item in question. I understand the need to force people to use them so as to prevent people from holding onto event chests for months at a time, but only offering the exchange for such a limited window is restrictive to the extreme. Find some balance R2.

Comment

Working...
                                X