No announcement yet.

[Poll] Post grab, good or bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it should end when the timer ends, like it does in battlegrounds, or atoll, or most other timed events, I agree.
    Plowboy - s658 <Darkhold>

Comment

I've used many tactics in post grab and can safely say having stronger players means almost nothing in post grab if u even have 1 or 2 more players than the team with the strongest payers. This is because in my experience at least, battles take longer to load fight and unload than it takes to grab a post and teleport cooldown combined. Besides this, there are alot of ways to avoid combat and just take the posts and run. The only way the grab and go strategy fails is if there would be enough defenders to guard almost EVERY Post which I have not yet seen, but its quite possible I suppose. Post grab has potential to me and reminds me of some of the other concepts I've been meaning to suggest for more co-op warfare in WT, but post grab needs alot of work and is buggy with poor graphic aesthetics(why are we fighting for continents in an underground asteroid belt, and where are our mounts?!?! Lag notwithstanding, it'd be nice to be able to see at least our teammates running around in the dungeon with their mounts..) The most terribly needed update is a way to make war declaration for someone else besides guild masters..this is far too heavy a burden on guild masters some of whom have jobs, and real life responsibilities..this silly event is making otherwise awesome guild masters seem negligent and I'm sure it leads to some of them having to trust someone to substitute g m for them just to manage the wars on days they cant be logged into the game during narrow window of time..some ways to fix this and make it fair on everyone are as follows in order of greatest value first:
      1. allow anyone listed as one of the 4 general in Outland contest faction to also declare war in post grab. Its not a perfect solution because it might mean making someone who is not so powerful a general because they are the only one active, but you have to make tough choices in war and choose your strategic priorities. Also I disagree that the devs made changing all for generals accessible to any guild master of a faction..each guild should have its own 2-4 generals..even if it means devs want to adjust the generals' buff distribution more evenly across the faction(eg no 200% generals) to keep the play balance of attack/defense fair. It took me a while but I realized why they didn't make assistant gms able to declare war, it must be because a gm can put almost their entire guild as assistant gm if they want. To limit post grab war declaration they'd have to also change the way guilds officials are structured which probably is needed for various reasons really but not necessary to improve delegation power in post grab..just make it all about generals and gms.
      2. Allow declaring post grab war okay for ANY time of the day, but its okay to limit the actual time combat starts to these existing specific times of the day.
      3. I also prefer the idea that: declaring war can happen at any time, but the combat only starts after a long countdown from the moment of declaring war,not a specific time each day. That way war can happen at any time but there is a lot of time for defenders to become aware of a looming invasion and prepare for them because they must be declared and have a long countdown. This would eventually result in SOME factions learning to exploit their opponents weakest log in times, BUT victims will have the consolation of counter attacking at their own preferred times..perhaps not the BEST solution but I still would prefer it to the current system. though it could also result in alot of ghost town wars..but that just means neither faction would gain any real territory since the number of wars is limited to 2 per guild..there are already plenty of ghosttown wars as it is, due to currently limited windows of time for war declarations and only gms can do it right now.
      4.conversely: war can be declared during these limited times but combat is ongoing until just before the next post grab time when the points tally up and the post victories are declared. This is not really a solution to the complaint of declaring war but I just thought of it to round out my list and a change like that would have dramatically different results. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zedd60 View Post
        It should end when timer ends and highest points win...missed countless wb trying to defend, dont miss the gold but 300 devo is impossible when missing a wb for non cashers non vip
        i disagree even though I too have suffered in this way, I like it as a matter of strategy for the post grab war..to make the warriors choose their priority: the faction or themselves. Instead I think entering a post grab battle for the first time a day should have some devo 5 or 10. Especially since it only happens twice a day in a 30 minute window of time..and as alwys the Wb needs to be evolved so its not a few players killing boss in 4 shots. Making everyone else scramble for devo in load time race.
        Last edited by R27377783; 11-21-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I had done the war thing with 1 minute left on the timer and people scrambled in 2 minutes after that, so there is no lock down or expiration.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by R27377783 View Post
            3. I also prefer the idea that: declaring war can happen at any time, but the combat only starts after a long countdown from the moment of declaring war,not a specific time each day.
            That sounds horrible! The current system is bad enough, where you have to be constantly on guard for a 30 minute window; if battle could start any time of day, it would be so easy to miss it, even if you saw the notice. I would have to set an alarm, and I'm not going to do that for this stupid event.
            And certain times of day are very slow in the game - with cooperation from just a few players you could have a very good chance of a nearly uncontested fight.

Comment

post grab is nothing but a buggy, laggy & blind event based on pure luck.
              my EASTERN guild has only some 140-170m guild br, and grouped with 3 other guilds with under 150m br, yet all 3 other colors have over 200m guild br EACH, with a total team BR of over 600m per team for all the other 3 colors.
              we had managed to fully fill both sides before, but if our side has only a few people above 10m br and average is less than 5m, while the other side has nobody below 14m br and the average is above 15m, any 'number' or 'strategy' is non-existent, since you can't put in more people than the battlefield permits.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
                That sounds horrible! The current system is bad enough, where you have to be constantly on guard for a 30 minute window; if battle could start any time of day, it would be so easy to miss it, even if you saw the notice. I would have to set an alarm, and I'm not going to do that for this stupid event.
                And certain times of day are very slow in the game - with cooperation from just a few players you could have a very good chance of a nearly uncontested fight.
                lol maybe we should just send out sweet invites to each other factions hi wanna war against us today? oh too busy okay nm..

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  post grab is nothing but a buggy, laggy & blind event based on pure luck.
                  my EASTERN guild has only some 140-170m guild br, and grouped with 3 other guilds with under 150m br, yet all 3 other colors have over 200m guild br EACH, with a total team BR of over 600m per team for all the other 3 colors.
                  we had managed to fully fill both sides before, but if our side has only a few people above 10m br and average is less than 5m, while the other side has nobody below 14m br and the average is above 15m, any 'number' or 'strategy' is non-existent, since you can't put in more people than the battlefield permits.
                  there is a battlefield player number limit? oh never ran into that issue. I've never seen a battle with more than about 8 on either side, so we've had much success against other factions full of stronger players by having a few more grabbers, and also lost sometimes for the same reason(they had a few more people than us.) I guess the luck you mentioned is whether or not any body shows up.

Comment

if post grab aint the stupidest event I've ever come across well then I aint seen nothing yet

Comment

Working...
                    X