Limit of flash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit of flash

Ok I am hoping this can be explained. There is a gold limit of 2 billion and change because that is the limit of flash, right? If that is the limit of flash, why does everyone say that the WB health is maxed at 1 billion? Why can't WB be raised to 2 billion?

Also at one time, I had over 3 billion daru. If 2 billion is the limit of flash, how are we able to have more daru than that?

I think it has to do with the coding of the game rather than a limitation of flash, I read that somewhere but not sure where, I'll try to find the info.
    Plowboy - s658 <Darkhold>

Comment

This is not an issue with flash although flash is a lousy program but with this issue it is hard coded in the program and they are to lazy to change this.
      The Borg Collective
      S526 Ghostwood Downs

Resistance is Futile you will Comply

Comment

The current limit of the WB HP is not a flash limit, but in discussions about the max HP cap, the flash limit has come up as an absolute limit. They definitely could increase the WB's HP more if they wanted to, but I think the regular pattern of increases would push the total beyond 2 billion. I might be wrong on that, but in any case, the current value is not at any inherent limit of Flash.

Comment

Flash is lousy, I give anyone that. However, the programming wasn't a flash issue. I am thinking the absolute max HP on WB has been reached and any further will cause for errors in the game that will either had to be put up with until it's fixed or an even longer maintenance in the next 2 days just to fix it, which means people will lose things in between if they have to "revert".
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

What about adding a "heal" aspect to it? Like maybe a 5% regen every 1 minute, or 2 minute? Or maybe if boss is killed in less than 5 minutes spawning another one? I dunno, seems like there could be some kind of bandaid/stopgap figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by R26899831 View Post
              What about adding a "heal" aspect to it? Like maybe a 5% regen every 1 minute, or 2 minute? Or maybe if boss is killed in less than 5 minutes spawning another one? I dunno, seems like there could be some kind of bandaid/stopgap figured out.

Just increase wb def so it takes less damage....these wb were designed for when a high br was 100k, not 18 million, my old kabaam toon had br of 65k and was strong lmao................higher def and gold x damage could be increased

Comment

Less damage is less gold and daru, sure it would last longer, but wouldnt the total gold and daru be the same?

Comment

Less damage is less gold and daru, sure it would last longer, but wouldnt the total gold and daru be the same?
                  The simplest solution is to put a shield on the WB, so it takes a fraction of normal damage, but set rewards to match the original damage you inflict. That wouldn't account for bleed damage, but that should be a relatively minor addition to the regular damage.

Increasing the defense would penalize weaker players heavily while barely affecting the stronger players, so it's not a good solution.

Comment

Increasing the defense would penalize weaker players heavily while barely affecting the stronger players, so it's not a good solution.
                    Or new servers since the devs always seem to fancy the "one size fits all" motif.

Comment

It's been posted a few times in the forums.

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                      World boss health grows exponentially, if you didn't notice. World boss at the moment has what, roughly 1.16billion health? An unsigned 32-byte integer has exactly 2,147,483,648. In other words - we could have a 2.1billion HP world boss instead of a 1.16b; which is still nothing. You might be able to make the argument that they should use an unsigned 8-byte integer (which flash doesn't have), an unsigned 4-byte integer (which some flash versions don't support, and wouldn't fix the problem anyway), or perhaps a floating point number - which would be one hell of a an undertaking switching it in code. There's not exactly an easy solution to the answer of the world boss health, aside from changing the damage to gold ratio.
                      There are plenty of workarounds that people have suggested, R2 could 'fix' the problem if they really wanted to.

As for daru, I believe they essentially use a floating point number as opposed to a traditional integer. While you may think it may be a good idea to use a floating point for damage/health, they aren't as precise and could end up being troublesome in fights.

+1 for MrFancyPants' idea.
                      Last edited by Alsatia01; 10-12-2016, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, that would not sit well with the newer servers as the developers still do the "one size fits all" routine. While the older servers "might" benefit from this to prolong it, the newer servers are just going to plink the boss until either they get merged with a older server or managed to cash hard enough to reach stats enough to penetrate it. It'll be another event (like ToK and PVP) that will be skipped.

Better solution would be "all you f*expletive*ers strip" as you are way overpowered for the poor WB. LOL.

How did my post wind up on top of jam's?? Broken R2.
                        Last edited by Meikura001; 10-13-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

I like the idea of a World Boss that receives far less damage (like a 90% shield) but gives you like 5 - 10 times damage dealt in gold and daru. Problem solved.
                          Starblaze - S658

Comment

Why not make world boss have infinite hp where it for every one 1 damage it heals 2 damage but hp never goes under what it is currently at so we have to go 30 mins so people can get the devo and not miss it by 5 mins the 1135 am boss is dead by 1140 1142 if 1 or 2 stronger people arent online or just skip it.
                            IGN: Muramasa
                            Server: #351 -Snowcrest
                            Guild: Saintz
                            Level: 80
                            Battle Rating: IT'S SO FLUFFY
                            Sylph: Zues. 2 star orange

Siggy. #1

Comment

30minutes on word boss? no thank you

Comment

Working...