Sand Star and how to get more. Also, more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Star and how to get more. Also, more

I've only recently started doing the Sky Trail (just got to the 3rd round) and I only have a grand total of 98 Star Sand.

I need 1,000 Star Sand to refine my Sylph. I mean, it's takes weeks and months of getting the 5 drops here and 10 drops there of Star Sand to get to the 1,000 needed to Refine only 1 Sylph.

Is there another way to get Star Sand that I'm not aware of?

Also, what is the purpose of Star Tear and all the various elements? I have dozens of each element and I don't know what to do with them other than use a small amount for Sylph refinement. I feel like there must be another use for it that I'm not aware of.

So, if anyone has any info, I would sure like to have said information. Many thanks to anyone that can reply with information.

- Toug

they are required for the first refinement. afterwards you can toss it.
    shards are required to synthesize the tears. you need 10 [Element] tears and 1000 star sands to refine the sylphs from rank 1 to rank 2 (basic->advanced)
    The gods watch over you!
    And they cheer you up!
    Plus. Saliora is with me. WHEEE≈
    (Yep. she's an awesome chatter!)

Current Details:
    Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize.
    Name: Cephalrai.
    Lv.80 Mage. (Non VIP)
    BR:
    Clean: 411k
    with sylph: 598k
    full artilary: 1.4m
    Title: Lord Divine.
    Guild: Phoenix~!
    Skillfullness: Avarage. meh...

Comment

It was clearly a mistake they never fixed, that you get tons and tons of star tear shards (and full tears), and very little star sand. I would keep an eye out for alternate places to get the sand, like events, since it will take forever to collect enough just from sky trail.

But at least you can sell the star tear shards again, wasting gold to synth those stupid things was super annoying for a long time.

Comment

Sylph based Events (look for the Mahra/Sepulcrum one) will have the Star Sands for 6 Event Pieces (no longer called boxes since now we cannot click on them to open but exchange) for a stack of 100 Star Sands. I would advise in saving a lot of Mahra/Seps to take advantage of the pieces it gives than any other event. Sky Trail is a mess as you get many Star Tear Shards. Personally, I think they should toss those away and give out 15 Star Sands instead as we can get the Star Tears if we farm the element daily (or 10 when you beat the boss of said element).
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

circuit quest, the 4th box gives star sand.
          ING: Eukkie changed name to â€*Evilâ€*Witchâ€*, changed it back to Eukkie
          Server: S444 Silent Arena
          Char: Knight
          Lvl: 80
          Br: 6m and crowing.
          Main Sylph: Arise
          Guard: Oracle

Comment

You can also get star sand from doing archaeology. But I would say the best place to get star sand is the exchange they have when the sylph events are on

Comment

You can also get star sand from doing archaeology.
              Thanks for pointing that out. You can get them from there, Full Map (so basically anywhere your castle stands on), at 100 once you gathered enough to obtain. A little bit easy, but not as much as events like 11/1/2016 that exchanges event pieces. If you have 3k Seps/Mahras lying about to use on the event day, throw them on a sylph (or trash one for events since I have a few that I use to pump those into before sacrificing it) and collect up to 89 Evil Sickle I's from each side (a total of 178 Evil Sickle I's that can be used to do the exchange for Star Sands, 100 each at 6 Evil Sickle I's).
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
              X