Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Post Grab: How could we stop some greed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post Grab: How could we stop some greed?

    On a map with only 2 teams (red & green) being active.
    Green kept attacking everyone and had taken all 61 posts for quite some days.
    We are red team and just wanted our 21 posts (blue and purple appear empty).
    Right now they get 800 crystals per day and we get 600.
    We are ok with the lower rewards for as long as they give us peace, and had stopped attacking after we had 21 posts.
    But green still kept taking posts from us even though they got no better rewards out of it. And they abuse alts.
    We are a much stronger team than them.
    We just have a real life outside and can't make the commitment to fight for 47 minutes twice every day.
    How could we stop this greed?
    Is there any way to get in contact with the other teams?

  • #2
    It won't matter. With my server or at least with the map I'm on, Its either purple or green dominating the entire map for what seems like weeks now. Just ignore them as nothing can be done about to halt the madness.

    Same goes for BG. Even when players are actively carting they still come under attack constantly by other players and even when the carters are successful at getting a cart, they have to wait till their teams spawn revives before they can turn anything in. And when they make their way to the spawn they are instantly attacked.

    Best course of action: do what you can and ignore the serious buggers that like to make other players' experience a pain.

    Comment


    • #3
      battle not carting

      Comment


      • #4
        bg is battleground lol

        Comment


        • #5
          We got tired of killing the 2 dozen alts owned by the same few people over and over for the whole session.
          They occupied 61 posts for a few weeks. They obviously know that 41 posts and 61 posts give the same rewards.
          They already got the max rewards (800 crystals per day) and we don't attack them, yet they still kept coming at us for no sane reason.
          And they don't win any 1v1 fights against us.
          For rewards or for wins, they have no gain and no good feeling to keep attacking us.
          We just can't understand their mentality. Seems so troll-ish.
          And they don't show up in BG or cross-server ranking, so we can't find them and talk to them.
          It'd be good if we could talk to the opponents while fighting in post grab, but right now we can't.

          Comment


          • #6
            Might be a bunch of over-enthusiastic newbies, potentially. They may not really understand that taking more than 41 posts is just a d--k move, and like winning the pointless little post fights just because they can swarm them (not many events favor large numbers of weak players).

            Can't rule out jerks who know exactly what they're doing, either, but just thought I'd throw in an alternate explanation.

            I encourage everyone to participate in the survey on outland events, though, and tell the devs that post grab needs to reset way more often, at the very least. That will do more than anything else to keep teams from getting shut out of the post grab rewards.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
              Might be a bunch of over-enthusiastic newbies, potentially. They may not really understand that taking more than 41 posts is just a d--k move, and like winning the pointless little post fights just because they can swarm them (not many events favor large numbers of weak players).

              Can't rule out jerks who know exactly what they're doing, either, but just thought I'd throw in an alternate explanation.

              I encourage everyone to participate in the survey on outland events, though, and tell the devs that post grab needs to reset way more often, at the very least. That will do more than anything else to keep teams from getting shut out of the post grab rewards.
              Now I recall we've fought them in the last cross server guild battle, and they mentioned they had to finish their main's battle before they could come in for the one against us.
              But I really can't remember their server and guild name, and had never seen any of them in BG, so can't get in touch with them at all.
              Hopefully their main's outlands opponents could keep them busy so they could stop messing with us.

              I've submitted my survey with detailed comments.

              Comment


              • #8
                There should be a drop in rewards if you exceed 50 posts. That would stop it. I really wish you could see who ALL the guilds involved are. Then you can contact them, or maybe a rival guild on their server to smarter them up. But it's anonymous, which bullies love. Zero consequences to being a post grab bully.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                  We got tired of killing the 2 dozen alts owned by the same few people over and over for the whole session.
                  They occupied 61 posts for a few weeks. They obviously know that 41 posts and 61 posts give the same rewards.
                  They already got the max rewards (800 crystals per day) and we don't attack them, yet they still kept coming at us for no sane reason.
                  And they don't win any 1v1 fights against us.
                  For rewards or for wins, they have no gain and no good feeling to keep attacking us.
                  We just can't understand their mentality. Seems so troll-ish.
                  And they don't show up in BG or cross-server ranking, so we can't find them and talk to them.
                  It'd be good if we could talk to the opponents while fighting in post grab, but right now we can't.

                  Flip the script....Take all the posts and teach them

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zedd60 View Post
                    Flip the script....Take all the posts and teach them
                    Doing it now. But really, we don't have time to join their troll show.
                    Initially, we took 3 posts from blue and 2 from purple, and left green alone, knowing they were greedy.
                    But then, green just kept attacking us when we were offline, until they took all our posts, and then took all posts from the other 2 colors.
                    Now we took back 21 posts and guard them on a rotation, but still lost for most of the time for being outnumbered.
                    We all work full time and travel a lot. It's very hard to make it to post grab in either time slots.
                    They should really consider the fact that people who spend would have to work and can't play this game 24x7.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vroukarouk View Post
                      There should be a drop in rewards if you exceed 50 posts. That would stop it. I really wish you could see who ALL the guilds involved are. Then you can contact them, or maybe a rival guild on their server to smarter them up. But it's anonymous, which bullies love. Zero consequences to being a post grab bully.
                      Agree so much. They should change the rewards like this:
                      1-5 100
                      6-10 200
                      11-20 400
                      21-40 600
                      41-46 800
                      47-51 600
                      52-56 400
                      57-60 200
                      61 100
                      The winning team is allowed a "safety zone" of 5 extra posts, but if they are too greedy and don't stop after they have taken 46 posts, they would start losing rewards.
                      This can't guarantee fairness, as the remaining 18 posts could have a distribution of 16+1+1, but at least it could prevent one team from completely wipe out the rest.

                      I also feel like at a minimum we should see their server and guild name, and opponents should be able to talk to each other while fighting 1v1 in post grab. Fighting blindly like this is just awful.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        it is not a D**K move it is called strategy even if they cant get rewards it stops other from getting rewards, if you aren't getting rewards join a guild that is. slowing people down from getting rewards and keeping up is strategy. this is War Tunes not share and peace Tunes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          this is War Tunes not share and peace Tunes
                          Nope, it's bloody LAG/BUG/SKIMP/SWIRLY-tune where it handles like a school bus to get anywhere, frustrates players to no end, and has meager rewards that probably don't amount to much now than it was years ago. Not to mention the tons of swirly based objects that don't want to die or disappear that is taxing on systems.

                          You'd be lucky if you can get a WAR going without it going like the 405 during daylight hours (can't say rush hour as it is clustered no matter what time of day, see "Carmageddon California").
                          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                            Originally posted by jsm15401 View Post
                            this is War Tunes not share and peace Tunes
                            Nope, it's bloody LAG/BUG/SKIMP/SWIRLY-tune
                            .Click image for larger version

Name:	comic-cute-funny-haha-Favim.com-689027.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	1727661
                            .
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If this were a war game then we are all warring against the common enemy called lag and we are all losing badly like the food being played by cats. LOL

                              I always try to be a good game-izen & want everyone to feel happy and entertained while playing a social game.
                              It actually makes me feel really bad to beat up people less than half my BR, especially if they are new to the game and need some rewards to start with.
                              But since #12 justifies the obnoxious 'strategy' to prevent others from getting rewards and wants no peace for themselves, we're giving up hope for peace and would hold no remorse nor mercy for this time.

                              Why restrict the benefit to be one-sided if it could be mutual? Why give yourself and others hassle when you could save the day for both?
                              Those are the questions I don't see a normal person could answer, but I'm well aware that not every player is normal.
                              Likewise, I've seen people being very rude and wrongful towards a nice and weak player like my main is, and then go beg my alt to carry them through TOK, got ignored and whine like a baby saying big players don't care about small players.
                              If they bother to check others' and their own behavior, they might have the intelligence to notice we are the same person. And I really treat the weaker toon as my main because that's my social toon and the one to receive roses.
                              Big or small, we are here to play the game for fun. If you make others unhappy, the same unhappiness bounces back to you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X