Tattoo Engraving is stupid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo Engraving is stupid

After using 20 stones (about that) I'm at 3 stars.... 3 stars! When I'm successful, very rarely does the star level increase. And of course when it fails (more that the % says it would) I lose a star. The mechanics are stupid and the % isn't even right. Also, in 20 tries I've only gotten Intelligence once. Strength? About 8 times. That's not coincidence (mage, if you couldn't tell). I would love to see real stats compared to how the stats SHOULD be. Just one more wonky thing to perplex players. If you're successful, you should increase a star, not just.. change stat class.

I agree that this system is stupid. Also even if you use 2k balens for a 100% chance to succeed, the star level can stay the same, the stat will change. That is just nonsense. Not that I am going to being using balens on it, not even touched this system on my main. I will only do this if I get the stones from explore.

Comment

wait, even if you spend balens you don't advance in level?! Wow. I know of players who've gotten maxed out wheels... They are incredibly lucky since I'm a long way from maxing out my wheel. Probably about 100 stones for the first wheel at this rate.

Comment

All the luck

Well I have to say I must be getting all your luck.

I have engraved and have always had it successful.

First wheel - 30% now
        Second Wheel - 35% now
        Third Wheel - 25% now
        Fourth Wheel - Not opened.

Helps with all posts 800 + 200 crystals a day.

And 1 in 3 days getting a stone from map.

Not used any balens for it either.

Hope you all have better luck in the future.
        Last edited by TheSlyShark; 11-13-2016, 11:00 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Well, matching is rigged and my team is the unlucky one. And I haven't gotten a stone in about 7 days. Are the odds different on different platforms? I just have horrible luck, I suppose. 21 tries, once getting intelligence, and still at 3 stars...

Comment

Tattoo engraving is a huge waste for most players. I got pretty lucky on mine, and still I would have done way better by just buying more smelt stones instead.

It's unbelievable that they expect you to use 2k balens just to ensure engraving doesn't go down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlyShark View Post
              And 1 in 3 days getting a stone from map...
              Hmm...this doesn't sound right to me.
              So far, since October 2nd (1.5 months), I got 4 stones on one toon, & none on the other, for max exploration on both toons, every day.
              Would you mind telling us your platform & server number?

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                Hmm...this doesn't sound right to me.
                So far, since October 2nd (1.5 months), I got 4 stones on one toon, & none on the other, for max exploration on both toons, every day.
                Would you mind telling us your platform & server number?
                I just got my first engraving stone yesterday and been doing this since it came out. I understand they don't want them to drop everyday but dang, should not be that rare. I heard of others having this problem too. Just today seen someone asking why the stones have quit dropping for him.

Comment

And now I'm at 2 stars... Eesh. Should have spent it all on smelting stones and maxed it out before wasting crystals on engraving stones that do nothing but frustrate. About 30k crystals spent to get 2 star strength. Ouch

Comment

I hope they change it, the first stones i got lucky but the last stone gave me +15% orso on charisma but with a negative figure it even drops more.

Not that i really care about that but now i am saving some stones to change it to a more usefull stat and then go back on henna-usage only and smelting-stones. Some players got lucky and reached the point of KH earlyer but those are the happy few, i wouldn't risk it. 10 stones are 150 smeltingstones, that will do more for your stats than the tattoo's.

Comment

Smelting ramps up quickly. 24 to 25 is 700 smelting stones. And smelting doesn't seem to have a max. At a certain point it starts to cost 5000 per level. That's 500,000 crystals. Or 333 engraving stones. From DolyGames preview, it seems that those 333 stones would be enough to max, or nearly max out, all 4 engravings, without ever using balens for "100% success".
                      Last edited by R224070026; 11-17-2016, 06:06 AM.
                      S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                      1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                      EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                      Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by R224070026 View Post
                        Smelting ramps up quickly. 24 to 25 is 700 smelting stones. And smelting doesn't seem to have a max. At a certain point it starts to cost 5000 per level. That's 500,000 crystals. Or 333 engraving stones. From DolyGames preview, it seems that those 333 stones would be enough to max, or nearly max out, all 4 engravings, without ever using balens for "100% success".
                        I thought max level for smelting was 30. At least that is what a certain site shows.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
                          I thought max level for smelting was 30. At least that is what a certain site shows.
                          Unless it changed when it went live, DolyGames (if that's the site you're referring to) shows smelting going up into the 80s.
                          S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                          1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                          EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                          Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by R224070026 View Post
                            Unless it changed when it went live, DolyGames (if that's the site you're referring to) shows smelting going up into the 80s.
                            Yes that is the site. The post I looked at(Patch 5.8 Smelt Equipment) shows it going to level 30 unless there is another one.

Comment

A certain site had a video of smelting going into the 80s and costing 5000 smelt stones per level at around 35 onwards. The only reasonable lvl to reach is smelt lvl 10. After that, it slows down real fast.

Tattoo engrave counts towards Knighthood requirements, so that is great for new players. I have had decent luck with it. The first 3 stars are easy and once you have 3 stars on a wheel, you literally cannot go back down to 2 stars. That is a minimum of a 60% total boost with 3 stars on 4 wheels. Not bad at all.
                              Starblaze - S658

Comment

Working...
                              X