Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Building a Knight

Hello, everyone.

I know there are various knight building guides available here on the forum, but there are several different builds, so I am confused as to which skills and astrals I should really go after as a knight.

My main concern is what my skill tree should look like by the time I reach level 50. Generally, what are the best skills to have as a level 50 knight, for both PVP and PVE? Also, should I save up balens for the second skill tree or do knights only need one skill tree? It would be great if a more experienced knight around level 50 or above could show me a screenshot of his/her skill tree and skill hotbar. I would really appreciate it!

My last concern about my build is astrals. Which astral setup do you think would be best for a level 50 knight? This is what I was thinking:

Pristine Force
    Pristine Willpower
    Pristine Fortitude
    Refined Goddess Blessing
    Enhanced Will Destroyer

^ Does this seem like a good astral build? Goddess Blessing, Willpower, and Fortitude will help with the tanking aspect while Will Destroyer and Force will help me dish out more damage. I figured it would be a nice balance of both.
    In-Game Name: Drayga
    Server: [S86] Mireworth Keep
    Guild: Vicious (Guild Master)
    Class: Knight

"Get Drayga'ed."

I smile looking at the knight build and the end of your post saying:

In-Game Name: Medras
    Server: [S42] Tarraton Lair
    Guild: AfterMath
    Class: Mage
    Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
    Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
    Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
    Weak warrior

Comment

Best to have 2 skill tree.

1 for defensive skill - dungeon/cata
      1 for offensive skill - pvp/wb

For Astro, sub goddess for enshieldment (block)

At level 60, put in goddess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblete View Post
        I smile looking at the knight build and the end of your post saying:

In-Game Name: Medras
        Server: [S42] Tarraton Lair
        Guild: AfterMath
        Class: Mage
        Lol, well thank you. Does the "smile" bit of your post mean that my build is a good idea?

Do you have any tips for me? I know that you play a knight yourself (I saw the videos you recorded for Garden of Death and Tarraton's Lair, plus I've read several of your posts on the forum).

Originally posted by sinafteh View Post
        Best to have 2 skill tree.

1 for defensive skill - dungeon/cata
        1 for offensive skill - pvp/wb

For Astro, sub goddess for enshieldment (block)

At level 60, put in goddess.
        That sounds like a good idea. Replacing Goddess Blessing with Enshieldment does seem better, since knights have high block and whatnot.

Thank you for your input. Do you have any ideas on which skills I should prioritize for each of those skill trees? If you don't mind elaborating a little more, that is.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Originally posted by Medras View Post
          Lol, well thank you. Does the "smile" bit of your post mean that my build is a good idea?

Do you have any tips for me? I know that you play a knight yourself (I saw the videos you recorded for Garden of Death and Tarraton's Lair, plus I've read several of your posts on the forum).

You got me there. Well about astrals, here is what I have (all orange and lvl 5) : Pdef Mdef Block Patk Charisma and Disable crit / increase dmg by % for cata, campaign, BG. For G B, 3v3 arena and MPs, I switch my charisma astral for HP astral.

As of the skill tree, it gets a bit touchy, as "hybrid" trees are becoming garbage past lvl 50. (I didnt want to buy it myself, ended up doing so...) So depending on if you have double spec or not: All passive maxed, and go and level up to appollo shield maxed for 1 tree, and on the other one, max passives and go up to enhanced delphix maxed. (if not enough points for max ENH delph, put 0 in it, max your normal delphic and slash and ult slash, with 1 point in "bubble")

And of course, highest guild skill possible, refine gear to Power, Endurance, Armor, Patk and Mdef.

As of gems: Patk, Mdef, HP.

If you are stacking crit, get rid of it. Disable crit / increase dmg % compensates, and you can replace all your crit gems and refines for more HP / Def and be a very tanky knight.

Hope it helps more than my previous smiley face
          Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
          Weak warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblete View Post
            You got me there. Well about astrals, here is what I have (all orange and lvl 5) : Pdef Mdef Block Patk Charisma and Disable crit / increase dmg by % for cata, campaign, BG. For G B, 3v3 arena and MPs, I switch my charisma astral for HP astral.

As of the skill tree, it gets a bit touchy, as "hybrid" trees are becoming garbage past lvl 50. (I didnt want to buy it myself, ended up doing so...) So depending on if you have double spec or not: All passive maxed, and go and level up to appollo shield maxed for 1 tree, and on the other one, max passives and go up to enhanced delphix maxed. (if not enough points for max ENH delph, put 0 in it, max your normal delphic and slash and ult slash, with 1 point in "bubble")

And of course, highest guild skill possible, refine gear to Power, Endurance, Armor, Patk and Mdef.

As of gems: Patk, Mdef, HP.

If you are stacking crit, get rid of it. Disable crit / increase dmg % compensates, and you can replace all your crit gems and refines for more HP / Def and be a very tanky knight.

Hope it helps more than my previous smiley face
            Thank you for the detailed response.

I just have a couple of questions, if you don't mind helping me out a little more.

Can you give me some recommendations on which skills I should have when I reach level 39? The reason why i ask is because I plan on staying level 39 at least until I get Champion rank. It's also so I can max out my techs and other things according to my level. I just have no idea what kind of skill tree would be good for PVP at level 39.

Also, what do you mean when you say "bubble"? (Sorry if that sounds like a total newb question, but, well...that's what i am when it comes to knights).

Once again, thanks for the help so far.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Knight's life starts after 45.

I would recommend hardcore levelling, no point staying under levels.

1.HP
              2.Block
              3.Patt
              4.Mdef
              5.Pdef

Go with this priority.

After level 50, focus fully on HP gems and Block for gems and astro.

Comment

For skill build;

1. defensive skill tree - Go read ProNab's tank build. I am using it with great effect for dungeon and cata.
                2. offensive skill tree - max all passive skills, max slasher / ulti slasher / DD / WW for WB and hard carry in 3 v 3 arena.

Hope it helps

Comment

Hello, everyone.

I know there are various knight building guides available here on the forum, but there are several different builds, so I am confused as to which skills and astrals I should really go after as a knight.

My main concern is what my skill tree should look like by the time I reach level 50. Generally, what are the best skills to have as a level 50 knight, for both PVP and PVE? Also, should I save up balens for the second skill tree or do knights only need one skill tree? It would be great if a more experienced knight around level 50 or above could show me a screenshot of his/her skill tree and skill hotbar. I would really appreciate it!

My last concern about my build is astrals. Which astral setup do you think would be best for a level 50 knight? This is what I was thinking:

Pristine Force
                  Pristine Willpower
                  Pristine Fortitude
                  Refined Goddess Blessing
                  Enhanced Will Destroyer

^ Does this seem like a good astral build? Goddess Blessing, Willpower, and Fortitude will help with the tanking aspect while Will Destroyer and Force will help me dish out more damage. I figured it would be a nice balance of both.
                  nice guide , for 6th slot maybe u wanna put block or dodge astral ?
                  but i have 1 awesome knight in my server , here is his astral , 6 of em
                  patk,mdef,will destroyer,block,dodge,goddess blessing ... i found out its annoying , since when ever he block+dodge (1 damage dealt) he got passive heal D=
                  and that build counter mage pretty good , his block pretty high too
                  [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                  NasrulEyo
                  Mage
                  Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                  U can submit a here
                  My guide

Comment

Thank you for the detailed response.

I just have a couple of questions, if you don't mind helping me out a little more.

Can you give me some recommendations on which skills I should have when I reach level 39? The reason why i ask is because I plan on staying level 39 at least until I get Champion rank. It's also so I can max out my techs and other things according to my level. I just have no idea what kind of skill tree would be good for PVP at level 39.

Also, what do you mean when you say "bubble"? (Sorry if that sounds like a total newb question, but, well...that's what i am when it comes to knights).

Once again, thanks for the help so far.
                    So lvl 39 pvp skill:
                    top row: 2/2 3/3
                    2nd row: 4/5 4/5 2/3
                    3rd row: 1/3 agoran (its what I call "bubble")
                    bottom row:2/2 1/2

Hope it helps
                    Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
                    Weak warrior

Comment

Thanks for all the input so far, guys.

I will definitely consider everyone's suggestions and see what I can come up with. You've all helped me out greatly so far.

Also, I would like to ask one last thing: how do knights normally handle World Boss? Chaining (double) attacks is a given, but is there anything else I can really do to help me out with my world boss encounters?
                      Last edited by Medras; 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

DD , slasher , ult slasher , slasher , ult slasher and so on till the end ... ofc start form 2nd turn till the end must double hit :P
                        [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                        NasrulEyo
                        Mage
                        Havoc

U can submit a here
                        My guide

Comment

Originally posted by terayaki2 View Post
                          DD , slasher , ult slasher , slasher , ult slasher and so on till the end ... ofc start form 2nd turn till the end must double hit :P
                          Thank you for your input. That sounds like it would work out nicely.

Also, would you guys say it's still worth getting Angels instead of Knights as my troops? The reason why I ask is because Forgotten Catacombs can be blitzed. However, I imagine Angels would be more useful for passing the floors that you could not previously pass. Just looking for some input on that too. (Angels may also be more useful for solo campaigns than anything.)

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

knight seem good for wb and pvp
                            [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                            NasrulEyo
                            Mage
                            Havoc

U can submit a here
                            My guide

Comment

Hmmm, can angels survive two hits against World Boss? I think that may be one of the deciding factors for if I decide to get knights or angels.

"Get Drayga'ed."

Comment

Working...
                              X