Post grab G.M.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    My thing is, how in the hell someone would send a dead guild by spending 500000 guild wealth each time?.
    They do it just for the crystals and for outland exploration. I have a "onemans-guild" on an ancient server and that toon doesn't have the resources to signup for the outlands. No smeltingstones, no extra henna. Horrible.

And there are the guilds like the ones where you are in, inactives, some big players but they aren't enough to bring in the bigger prizes so you get left behind. I love OC, i love the extra henna but i hate the matchmaking. When you are against whales you are fooked and that's it for the next 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
      Mentors can't move/close/merge/stick/edit threads. You can blame me. Even when it's not me, still blame me.

Not liking how others have chosen to play the game isn't a bug, it's an inconvenience. Perhaps it's not intentional and your team mates just don't understand how to play the event. I don't think anyone's posted a guide to help people who might not fully understand.

Discussion is a good thing though, and that's why your thread was moved here.
      Well then i'll take that back. But found out the good guild we are with, bailed on us and started a new guild.
      Last edited by Spanky28; 01-04-2017, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Geez that sucks, Spanky. Bear with me as I am on a mobile device.

There are so many loopholes when it comes to matching. It's just a pain in the rush and hard for those who wanted fair matching.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Geez that sucks, Spanky. Bear with me as I am on a mobile device.

There are so many loopholes when it comes to matching. It's just a pain in the rush and hard for those who wanted fair matching.
          These are reasons that 3 months is too long and being matched with other guilds is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
            These are reasons that 3 months is too long and being matched with other guilds is a bad idea.
            I could go monthly but has to be reduced price for registration else it will be a total of 6mil wealth as compared to 4mil. Another thing I can go for within the season is that the guilds are rematched monthly or they will have to pay again if that guild withdraws from the season. I don't know as I am just throwing things here and there.

Comment

In the old outlands, guilds only needed to sign up once, and the contest opponents were reassigned every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, based on the amount of points they had from the previous battle.
              That was a fairer system. Guilds with similar points are more likely equal powers, and re-matching for every round is fair and dynamic.
              Other than post grab, I don't see any other features would require a fixed team. And no one likes post grab any ways.

Comment

I tried Outlands when I was up for it. I didn't sign up (this is my 3rd season run; or 2.5 since I joined up late and had assumed that it was a server thing and not a guild thing) when they had the old version. Even so, that would be a great way in keeping the fights fresh. I don't know why they went about and did this, but many people are just exploiting it. I could easily suggest that once a guild signs up, the roster is locked and any new ones will have to wait until the next season. However, I will have a lot of people complain on how that is not fair as well.... so we're on an impasse for now.

Comment

I tried Outlands when I was up for it. I didn't sign up (this is my 3rd season run; or 2.5 since I joined up late and had assumed that it was a server thing and not a guild thing) when they had the old version. Even so, that would be a great way in keeping the fights fresh. I don't know why they went about and did this, but many people are just exploiting it. I could easily suggest that once a guild signs up, the roster is locked and any new ones will have to wait until the next season. However, I will have a lot of people complain on how that is not fair as well.... so we're on an impasse for now.
                  The ideal solution would be to scrap Post Grab and go back to the short season crystal war. Most people are okay with crystal war and the short season made getting a bad matchup more tolerable. The Post Grab portion is more time intensive and is the part most players seem to really hate. The flawed design, long season, and the fact players are exploiting it to make matchups as unfair (in their favor) as possible kills what little fun one could have in an event designed around standing around, blindly attacking, and being blindly attacked. Guilds sign up because players need smelting stones and that's the biggest free source. It is interesting that so many top guilds, whose players (in theory) should already be maxed or close to maxed, feel the need to exploit the system. I'd think the rewards wouldn't matter as much to them (when I look at consumption/recharge events, all the rewards available in outlands shop also show up in the rewards you get just for spending large sums of money on the game). I know top players are competitive, but this is manipulating the game for easy matchups, not for good fights. What satisfaction is there in one shotting your way to easy rewards you don't need?

I've already proposed a solution for if the devs want to carry on with the event and long season. Locking down the team roster, while leaving players free to move as they please seems like the least restrictive way to try to prevent this particular behavior. Of course, since R2 already said they don't care and they surveys they passed out seem to have been totally ignored (or maybe they make a list of what players hate and use it to create new events like Imperial War?), I doubt any of our recommendations will be implemented. At least we're free to whine to our heart's content on the forums =)

Comment

post grab itself is a royal fork up since the start. too many flaws to list.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I could go monthly but has to be reduced price for registration else it will be a total of 6mil wealth as compared to 4mil. Another thing I can go for within the season is that the guilds are rematched monthly or they will have to pay again if that guild withdraws from the season. I don't know as I am just throwing things here and there.
                      Here's a suggestion: season lasts 3 months, but guilds are rematched weekly based on points. That prevents anyone from being too seriously hosed on post grab, keeps things from getting stagnant, and reduces incentive to manipulate the system.

Comment

Just get rid of Post Grab & give everyone an extra 400 crystals daily. Problem solved.

And appreciate it if they move Outland Exploration and Titan Temple to Cloud City, Hall of Heros or Game Box.

Comment

They should make post grab like imperial whoever does help fight get no rewards.

Comment

Here's a suggestion: season lasts 3 months, but guilds are rematched weekly based on points. That prevents anyone from being too seriously hosed on post grab, keeps things from getting stagnant, and reduces incentive to manipulate the system.
                            Should be IDEALLY like that... and I would agree with you on that.

And appreciate it if they move Outland Exploration and Titan Temple to Cloud City, Hall of Heros or Game Box.
                            Game Box is broke as it is. Frankly, because they (devs) choose to keep certain games opened on certain days. If they put Titan Temple or Outland Exploration in there, no telling how it may behave. My ideal for the Game Box design was to give players couple of options as to which mini game they want to pursue without any limit (as in every day, like the minigames about 3 years back). If they had that going, then I won't see a problem with either TT or OE being in there.

Hall of Heroes is a Multiplayer Dimension. OE and TT are single player entry events. The interface won't work for such and leaves room for too many errors and questions to be raised.

The best bet, is to make an NPC (Berdim maybe?) and link him to both of these. I would say two NPCs as to keep them separate, but they are so apart from each other that no one wants to walk far from one event to another, so that's why I said keep both onto one NPC instead.

Comment

Outlands is totally ****. 3 months when you are matched against servers that isn't even on cross server listing is totally unfair.

Big players in newer servers are quitting their guilds, making a new guild and re signing to get better draw.

So basically a totally unfair failure from R2.

Keep up the great work devs......
                              S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

1 guild per team, fair matching (I know, wartune is incapable of this), and the map resets every month... And then Assistant GMs can launch attacks too. What GM can be online at both post grab times?! Very few. It's unfair if you get paired with dud guilds matched up against a mega-casher guild... Then again, it seems like the matching is designed for easy runs for casher guilds.

Comment

Working...
                                X