R2 doesn't give a...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 doesn't give a...

So I contacted support about guild jumping and starting new guilds bailing on their team in post grab and this is their ** response.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1789576

Well, that's just messed up. Firstly, because outlands is THEIR baby that is being exploited by others in making fair matching unreachable for those that want it. Second, there is no logic in the advice that was given (seriously, transfer to a guild where the guild master is not like that?? umm, newsflash my little elf, but it is not of that person's guild that is the problem, it's of the other guilds that you matched up that person with that bailed out on them along with guild hoppers on other teams so they can take all the spoils without any opposition that is the problem).

Sheesh.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
      Well, that's just messed up. Firstly, because outlands is THEIR baby that is being exploited by others in making fair matching unreachable for those that want it. Second, there is no logic in the advice that was given (seriously, transfer to a guild where the guild master is not like that?? umm, newsflash my little elf, but it is not of that person's guild that is the problem, it's of the other guilds that you matched up that person with that bailed out on them along with guild hoppers on other teams so they can take all the spoils without any opposition that is the problem).

Sheesh.
      Judging by their English skills, I assume they don't fully understand the issue and what I explained. But getting that response tells me it won't go to the devs.

Comment

like i said many times they wont do anything cuz the matching favours the top guilds pitted against small guilds

every guild that gets bad matching has a alt guild to jump too by signing up alt guild late to get better matching and hopefully more rewards

theirs nothing in the rules of game saying u cant guild hop so lets get every 1 doin it lol then ppl can get max rewards only thing about guild hopping is imperial wars as it does states u ave to be in the guild 3 days to be able to play

Comment

Its messed up, but its also pretty much the same thing they said about guilds manipulating BR for CSGB. Is it any wonder such exploits are so rampant? The fact is that the devs, rather than enforce rules, simply limit the rewards you can get so that exploits will never let you catch up to the whales. They don't care if it gives guilds unfair advantage because its stealing from other players, not from R2/7Road.

Look at the few things that have been enforced. Back when there was a glitch that allowed oceanic to have unlimited gems (new players were sporting level 12s due to the glitched exchange), they rolled back the servers. When there was some exploit that allowed one to get high level res crystals faster than normal, R2 cracked down and, in fact, cracked down on players who had high level res from legitimate activity and spending (perhaps they caught some cheaters as well, but most of what was heard was rage from honest players who were banned unfairly and had assets they earned and paid for stolen from them). Back when I was a brand new player, there was some exploit with astrals. I don't know what it was, just that those who got caught were getting banned.

Those exploits they did enforce were all things that made it possible for players to catch up to the top spenders without spending. Compare that to the exploits they do not enforce. Limited rewards or only hurts players = don't enforce. Exploit that gives large enough advantage to anger the top spenders = ban hammer.

For example, lets look at one of the ones R2 didn't really enforce (or didn't enforce well; I didn't hear about any bans from it). The R2 server exclusive Golden Tree exploit. Players using this exploit were getting free golden tree attempts and some were getting free fuzed sylphs from it. That is a very anger making situation for players who are playing honestly and are losing fights to other's ill gotten gains. You'd think an exploit that lets people get a free $600 sylph would be more ban worthy. So, I used YouTube to see what the exploit was and how players were benefiting from it. They were tricking the system into thinking they were spending balen and getting the golden wands as reward, even though they had spent nothing. The number of free golden wands per golden tree event are limited, so the amount of free attempts these players could steal was capped. The drop rate for the best prizes was very low, so even stealing max attempts every event, how many actually got the fuzed sylphs? From what I hear, those fuzed sylphs also have no mahra/sep already in them, so if one got an Odin/Thor/Frigga, one had to start from 0 with advanced sep and mahra to build them up. One could steal some from event using the same exploit, but nowhere near what the spenders bought or earned from recharge/spending events.
          TLDR~What people could steal from the event was limited by the number of free attempts one could earn, meaning they'd need incredible luck to be anywhere near able to compete with the big spenders. The only people getting hurt by this exploit were honest players losing fights to those using the exploit and getting lucky.
          Last edited by KS222; 01-05-2017, 12:18 PM. Reason: adding emphasis to main points since its a long post

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
            Judging by their English skills, I assume they don't fully understand the issue and what I explained. But getting that response tells me it won't go to the devs.
            Most of the responses are canned cut/paste replies. I've submitted multiple tickets and gotten the exact same response, verbatim, from different R2 reps. Often, the reply does not fully fit the situation, has grammatical and/or spelling errors, and pretty much says either sorry, but deal with it or we've forwarded to "x" and maybe they'll do something.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
              like i said many times they wont do anything cuz the matching favours the top guilds pitted against small guilds

every guild that gets bad matching has a alt guild to jump too by signing up alt guild late to get better matching and hopefully more rewards

theirs nothing in the rules of game saying u cant guild hop so lets get every 1 doin it lol then ppl can get max rewards only thing about guild hopping is imperial wars as it does states u ave to be in the guild 3 days to be able to play
              I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't mind missing imperial war

Comment

I hear you KS22. I was there when they had the gem (regular and resistant) exploit that countless people (legitimate players) were banned as a result of such or had their gems taken away. It had something to do with that treasure inventory unlock that I had to question a few mods (and one support elf; now you know why I always say I like to look back to the one that tells us so I can cover my six) to get my answer in seeing if it was safe to go and purchase the inventory. I was also there when they had the Hack Tree (as some of us come to call it) where people were exploiting the golden wands attempts to get free items and sometimes a merged sylph. I've spent mine before this was evident as I had quit doing CA after they rolled out that x steps backward bit that made it sometimes impossible to complete unless you spend balens for the magic dice trying to step on a treasure, trap, or sword while avoiding the ? ones at all costs.

Each time that tree comes on, I always say, "woohoo, the hack tree is back".

In all of this, there always will be ways for someone to ruin the fun for everyone else and the devs taking a blind eye to the subject at hand. I guess that's why I am very hard-assed as I had experience in quality assurance testing at the firmware, software, and hardware levels as well as telecommunications/network experience at an enterprise level. Sometimes I shake my head when I see stuff that could easily be fixed and yet they don't act upon it. I am with you in asking "what is the point of feedback, bug reporting, or even surveys if they were not reading them?" We are players. We shouldn't be tasked in being testers unless we are getting some form of payment (monetary as it is like a job) from it. Our role, as players, is just playing a game... nothing more besides voicing our satisfaction or disdain (whichever the case may be) when something arises.

On Imperial War (Spanky), I think it needs a little work. I like it for two things (only): it's not limited to the top 8 guilds (or just 50 players) and it doesn't have lag problem (oh man, countless times I have read others in asking people to hide all their clothes and use a basic mount or just morph and people still don't listen; the event is over before I even get off the starting line as I was one of those that morphed). This is a way to get the needed honor/insignia without asking each time as with GW. The Y-Coin is an added bonus, though. Again, I wish they work on it to make it effective. Even if they bring back the old GW, it wouldn't be fun as people will still flash out their duds thus causing a lockup on someone's system (as it's always 7Road/ProCity's way of getting the most glittery stuff, clothing and mounts, as possible without thinking the consequences it would have on a system that isn't ideal).

Frankly, I would love to see this: Two wards (castles), four to six towers each with the ability to house 4 people; and each one occupied by the guild gives it a power to damage the ward/castle as others attack it (like guild war). The GL/Assist GL can use powers like the chariot which will show as an icon on the screen that others can click on it to engage it (attempt to destroy it) within a timer (if it is in battle by the time it runs out, it will wait on the outcome; if it's destroyed, then it's gone; if it's not destroyed, then it will hit the castle/ward for damage) or buffs/debuffs as well as healing the ward/castle (all through using guild wealth). Cool down timers will still be a thing. The damage on the castle/ward will be some points (if no tower is occupied by that guild) while having a tower yields slightly higher damage/points (so it's an incentive to having all 4 or 6 of them in possession). It will make for good fighting as players can click on any of the defended towers to contest the fight and it will be at cap (4 people vs 4 people). There will have to be a point spread, unless getting to the amount first will still be a thing. Folks that engage either the towers/ward will still get points. The rewards for winning/losing teams should be adjusted with timed penalties (like the old GW at 20, 40 minutes) included.

I know I am going crazy, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Comment

if i got a horrible matching that lasts for 3 fekking months, i'd jump guild too.
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                    if i got a horrible matching that lasts for 3 fekking months, i'd jump guild too.
                    That's exactly it - the "season" lasts far too long for how post grab is set up. It will always devolve into one team taking over most of the map, with the next strongest taking the rest, if they come to an agreement. No matter how good the matching is, some teams will be stronger and win out, so matching is basically irrelevant in the long term. The only way to make things interesting and remotely fair is to limit the time the strongest can simply sit around and collect the top rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      But for you, that's impossible, unless Kabam (my eastern servers are all Kabam) could merge some 30+ servers and the whales on all those 30+ servers are willing to join the same guild. Or, your guild falls apart, that's the other way. lol

Comment

Remove post grab, remove the fixed grouping, make crystal harvest 600 daily, plus an additional 200 if they won the last crystal war, problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                          Remove post grab, remove the fixed grouping, make crystal harvest 600 daily, plus an additional 200 if they won the last crystal war, problem solved.
                          Cash Cows only getting 200 a day extra seems fair, certainly would stop their cheating
                          S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
                            But a better solution.....

Remove the item that removes the 24 hr cooldown period for leaving a guild or change it to 21 day cooldown.

Penalty for leaving a guild can't make or join another guild for 30 days (item would make it 7 days sooner!!

This would stop guild hopping period! and exploiting outlands.
                            S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

Originally posted by Smudgerglory View Post
                              But a better solution.....

Remove the item that removes the 24 hr cooldown period for leaving a guild or change it to 21 day cooldown.

Penalty for leaving a guild can't make or join another guild for 30 days (item would make it 7 days sooner!!

This would stop guild hopping period! and exploiting outlands.
                              Sure let's punish everyone else that either want to join a new guild (if they are not happy with their last one) or make a new one on the basis that people are exploiting this just to get better rewards. I much rather have them barred until the season is over as to prevent such occurrences.

Comment

Working...
                              X