Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Archaeology items grayed in Arch. Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaeology items grayed in Arch. Book

I need an explanation and advise on an issue I am watching for a long time.
    I happen to notice that some items in my archaeology lists are grayed, inactive. Like these that I should find in Erandel:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_65.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1789641

And they are not dropping in the archaeology search. But I haven't yet got all things from the Archaeology Handbook that need the grayed items:

Name:	Screenshot_66.png
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	1789642

I had this issue before with Autaric Plains and Murken Forest as well, but at some point I noticed that the grayed items had become active again. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the exact moment neither when they became gray, nor when they became active again. So I can't guess the reason/s for that.

I discussed this with Magisters a couple of times, but I didn't get any reasonable explanation or advise what to do.

My request is, if someone knows the reason for this issue or a way to make the items active, to share with me.

Ignis, R2 S8

greyed = have collected it once before.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      greyed = have collected it once before.
      No, Arlad. I haven't collected the items before, otherwise they would be shown in the Arch. Handbook as collected. And also, I keep getting dozens of expert coordinate chests in Autaric Plains and zillions of gear shards everywhere, but they never have been grayed in the lists.

Comment

or maybe the greyed out items means u need these for handbook rewards

Comment

' ,,,,,
          Last edited by Freddypainter; 01-11-2017, 05:07 AM.
          DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

Originally posted by Freddypainter View Post
            pic1 grayed = You have collected zero shards for that item on that map.
            No, Freddypainter. I have collected some shards of the grayed items:

Name:	Screenshot_67.png
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	1728454

Name:	Screenshot_68.png
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	1728455

But now their shards stopped dropping and they are grayed in the list.

Comment

Pic1 = Identifies an item that has not been collected from the map that is needed for the handbook bonus exchange.

Pic2 = Item not yet exchanged/collected from required map area.

@57 i was editing when u posted ur 2nd ss above this post.
              Last edited by Freddypainter; 01-11-2017, 05:18 AM. Reason: Had to look at my own Arch
              DM S9 Kabumu

Comment

If they are grey in the list, it means you have never turned it in (exchanged for the item). You may have some shards, but you've never collected enough shards to exchange.

When you do the turn in, it also highlights it in the Handbook. Some of them are far more rare to find than others. The last two handbook turnins (one in Murken, the other in Plains) took nearly a month each, and that was after all of the time it took to get to the point where those were my last two items.

As someone who has filled out the entire Handbook, I assure you that it is entirely possible, it just takes a long time.
                S310: Gidd- 20kk BR
                1.6kk PATK, weee! /ninja chop
                EpicFail/Gemini

S310: Giddette- 9kk BR
                Lukoi

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                  or maybe the greyed out items means u need these for handbook rewards
                  Maybe, Xharry005x. Thank you for this hint - all the items I still need for the handbook rewards are grayed. On my alt too. So, the "grayed" aspect of my question looks to be solved.

But my main concern is why the shards for the grayed things have stopped dropping. By "stopped dropping" I mean, not even 1 drop for 1 month of daily full archaeology run. The most probable reason is my total lack of good luck.
                  Last edited by R23593157; 01-11-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R23593157 View Post
                    No, Arlad. I haven't collected the items before, otherwise they would be shown in the Arch. Handbook as collected. And also, I keep getting dozens of expert coordinate chests in Autaric Plains and zillions of gear shards everywhere, but they never have been grayed in the lists.
                    i made a minor mistake.
                    greyed = haven't collected it once before.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

they reduced the drop rate from digging in wilds its very rare to get some of the stuff will take time around 1 or 2 mnths as i found this by doin mine but at last i finished all my handbook so now just do it for exp to get the mount and roses and beast souls from murken

Comment

Working...
                      X