Archers vs Knights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archers vs Knights

I am an Archer....In 1v1 battles of knights and archers, i find it difficult to defeat knights of my same level due to their high HP. So anyone can help me to improve my archer skills???
    IGN : ARKANTOS
    CLASS : ARCHER
    SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Originally posted by Dragonlord15 View Post
    I am an Archer....In 1v1 battles of knights and archers, i find it difficult to defeat knights of my same level due to their high HP. So anyone can help me to improve my archer skills???
    Archers beating knights is something thats just going to get harder and harder as the game goes on. Knights are supposed to be the counter to archers. The best way to beat a knight, is to have high crit, and high patk, while maintaining a good phy def. Also the skills you use will play an important role in this. What level are you Dragonlord15? Depending on the level will open up what strategies you can use to overcome them. My knight is currently lvl 51 on S2, and for even geared archers I normally have no problems with even if they have higher level troops(I am a tank knight w/ reflect).

Comment

From a knight's perspective. Sometimes, during a battle, knight vs archer, when archer is left with a bit of hp, archer can fire 4 hits in a row at knight and kill off the knight. Happens alot of time.

@Cyrale, cyrale may I know your mdef, pdef and hp as a reference to be able to reflect those archers easily. Are your equipments also mostly 1 gem slot except for weapon 2 gem slot?
      Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
      Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
      Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
      One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
      In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
      One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
      One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
      In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
        From a knight's perspective. Sometimes, during a battle, knight vs archer, when archer is left with a bit of hp, archer can fire 4 hits in a row at knight and kill off the knight. Happens alot of time.

@Cyrale, cyrale may I know your mdef, pdef and hp as a reference to be able to reflect those archers easily. Are your equipments also mostly 1 gem slot except for weapon 2 gem slot?
        Sure, I'm currently at work, but at level 51, I have 7k pdef, 5kmdef, 1600 block, 25k hp, 7k patk, I'm spec'd fully tank(so my damage output is low), and I did not use any socketing rods. A level 51 archer w/ 10k Patk, hits me on multi for like 1500ish per hit give or take(if I don't block and heal back 1k of it).

Comment

Agreed.

It seems Wartune has an ironic sense of humor. After 50+, in the casual sense, Archers tend not to pose too much threat to Knights, unless they are willing to spend on the game, and if the Knight is a casher, Then the casual archer must be doubly more so. After being the early dominant class in the game, and easily so, the burden falls on the Archer at later levels.

But that does not mean they can't be competitive. There are archers who still give my Knight a run for their money and are still around my level. Competent Skills use is imperative, as well as good defensive skills/astrals. If you can mitigate the Knight's big single target hits, and put a good wall between you and him/her with your troops (Get those troops maxed and keep them there, and don't be afraid to invest in Enlightenment Skills... you're an archer, you can afford the extra Daru with what you get from WB... and every little is a gain!), you can snipe him all day.

Just be aware of the Knight's Reverse Damage skill if and when it is up, and keep track of the turns it has left. Keep some damage and heal runes ready, and rage ones too, if you can spare it. I would think that the longer the fight goes, the more it swings into the Knight's favor, especially if they have a high block stat.

Otherwise, just go keel those pesky and weakly mages until you feel better. That never gets old.

Good Luck!
          ChieftainRez
          Knight
          VictisHNR
          [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
            Agreed.

It seems Wartune has an ironic sense of humor. After 50+, in the casual sense, Archers tend not to pose too much threat to Knights, unless they are willing to spend on the game, and if the Knight is a casher, Then the casual archer must be doubly more so. After being the early dominant class in the game, and easily so, the burden falls on the Archer at later levels.

But that does not mean they can't be competitive. There are archers who still give my Knight a run for their money and are still around my level. Competent Skills use is imperative, as well as good defensive skills/astrals. If you can mitigate the Knight's big single target hits, and put a good wall between you and him/her with your troops (Get those troops maxed and keep them there, and don't be afraid to invest in Enlightenment Skills... you're an archer, you can afford the extra Daru with what you get from WB... and every little is a gain!), you can snipe him all day.

Just be aware of the Knight's Reverse Damage skill if and when it is up, and keep track of the turns it has left. Keep some damage and heal runes ready, and rage ones too, if you can spare it. I would think that the longer the fight goes, the more it swings into the Knight's favor, especially if they have a high block stat.

Otherwise, just go keel those pesky and weakly mages until you feel better. That never gets old.

Good Luck!
            My favorite thing vs. archers is when I have my reflect shield up and for some odd reason they lunatic to try and kill my troops.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrale View Post
              Archers beating knights is something thats just going to get harder and harder as the game goes on. Knights are supposed to be the counter to archers. The best way to beat a knight, is to have high crit, and high patk, while maintaining a good phy def. Also the skills you use will play an important role in this. What level are you Dragonlord15? Depending on the level will open up what strategies you can use to overcome them. My knight is currently lvl 51 on S2, and for even geared archers I normally have no problems with even if they have higher level troops(I am a tank knight w/ reflect).
              My level is 23.I started to play 2 days ago....as my hp is low will increasing it help me??? i cant understand the game clearly.....You tell me to increase crit, patk, phy def. How will the help me if i have low hp.
              IGN : ARKANTOS
              CLASS : ARCHER
              SERVER : KABAM S1 (US WEST)

Comment

You have been playing for two days and are a good level, perhaps you should look through the guides sections, they have a lot of good ones which will help answer some basic questions.
                This is a good one.
                Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

My favorite thing vs. archers is when I have my reflect shield up and for some odd reason they lunatic to try and kill my troops.....
                  I never understood the logic of the Lunatic Fire when I have RD up either. That seems like a no-brainer to me as well. Especially late in the match when damage is 50% or 100% increased. Even Knights would have a hard time absorbing that kind of damage in one turn.
                  ChieftainRez
                  Knight
                  VictisHNR
                  [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

My level is 23.I started to play 2 days ago....as my hp is low will increasing it help me??? i cant understand the game clearly.....You tell me to increase crit, patk, phy def. How will the help me if i have low hp.
                    Since their is a min damage mark, that will always be dealt based on your patk/matk(whether your phy or magic class), HP is important up to a point. At early levels expect to get rocked as a knight if your a non casher. Archers/Mages scale soo much quicker at the earlier levels....I totally avoid crit on my knight because I went with the orange destroyer astral(Increases damage, but makes it so you cannot crit).

Comment

max your scatter shot and u will cleared all their buff in 1 shot. good luck
                      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                        max your scatter shot and u will cleared all their buff in 1 shot. good luck
                        Unless it somehow fails to debuff anything....is that a bug or is there just a chance it may miss?

Comment

Unless it somehow fails to debuff anything....is that a bug or is there just a chance it may miss?
                          well if it miss or bug then send ticket. it should remove all debugs if ur scatter lvl 3.
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
                            well if it miss or bug then send ticket. it should remove all debugs if ur scatter lvl 3.
                            I've had archers use the dispel on my knight before, and it removed absolutely nothing which is why I was wondering if it had a chance to miss.

Comment

I've had archers use the dispel on my knight before, and it removed absolutely nothing which is why I was wondering if it had a chance to miss.
                              did u ask his scatter lvl?
                              ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                              X