Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

7Road/ProCity: Put the farm back to what it was!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7Road/ProCity: Put the farm back to what it was!

On my first day of fully playing this new patch, it comes to a major disappointment that you had to destroy the sheer mechanics of farming, harvesting, and bon-firing.

In the old version, prior to this patch that is, players are able to escape the lag inducing swirlies, hopping icons, and bloody pop-ups by going into their homestead, clicking on said navigation buttons on top of the friend list and do things without having to sit there clicking on an object that it takes 30 seconds to clear. They were also able to participate in bonfires while doing everything else without having to leave. This means if someone needs their farm revived, that person can just go into farm, then click on that friend, and then revive their crops WITHOUT having to leave the bonfire in progress.

This new patch, and this optimization, is pure garbage.

First, because you bring out the farm map screen out into the city right in front of the swirlies and hopping icons (WHY!?!?!). When a player clicks on farm or pasture, tending to and/or collecting would take nearly 30 seconds to clear before moving to the next object. Behind the farm screen, more swirlies happen and if the hopping icons wasn't murdering enough, the bloody pop ups that come up in the background is something someone wants to throw their device out the window for. So basically, a person would be spending close to 7 minutes on a large farm if they have to tend, feed their animals, harvest, and plant their crops instead of about a mere few minutes that would send the person on their way.

Second, if a person wants their farm to be revived while a bonfire is going, the person who is in a bonfire cannot leave unless they want to lose out on the minuscule EXP that is being given out just to go out and come back to select farm, their friend's farm, and revive their crops. This is poor efficiency at its worst.

I think you are using my hatred for the lag inducing "bells and whistles" you've made against me in making this junk of an upgrade (more like a regression than progression in my opinion) and making it hard for everyone who plays. Purely, it's s*expletive* in my most humble opinion. At least you could have fixed the alignment and positioning issues that we made tickets on, but you can't even do that. I am somehow withdrawing what praise of a stereotype I had for you when it comes to a certain race and region being "intelligent" than everyone else as it is no longer true.

In short, this is an all-time low (along with other complaints that might surface in time). Make it right, FIX IT!
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

NO!
    I LIKE THIS NEW FARM. ITS THE MOST RESEMBLING THE ORIGINAL AND BEST FARM INTERFACE.
    ITS THE ONLY THING THEY DO RIGHT ON STUPID **** PATCH.

stop being a crybaby on every change. especially when it's a better change for good.
    Last edited by Whakapono; 03-10-2017, 01:59 PM. Reason: language
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Agree with the second comment….ITS THE ONLY PART OF THE PATCH THAT MAKES SENSE AND WORKS.

Comment

Crybaby? You're more like a "kiss-butt" if you think this is the best thing that happened. It's a s*expletive* patch and whoever thought of this ought to be taken out back and (well, use your imagination).

Comment

I agree with the OP, there was nothing wrong with the layout of the old farm. I much prefer the old farm vs this new farm. Now it could have used some tweaks on how stuff was planted and collected, especially animals but instead that is still not changed but made the layout worse.

Now for me, this is not a big deal or a game breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
            Crybaby? You're more like a "kiss-butt" if you think this is the best thing that happened. It's a s*expletive* patch and whoever thought of this ought to be taken out back and (well, use your imagination).
            Bull.
            the new farm requires no loading time / transition to a new room. you can even open it in the cloud city.
            and those who plays this game before cloud city exist would know that this farm is the closest to the farm we have in the beginning of the game.

ps: isnt it funny the mods are quick to censor things but didnt dare to lay a hand on harmful spams? way to set your priority, mods. but that's what expected from people who works for R2.
            Last edited by Whakapono; 03-10-2017, 07:42 PM. Reason: -_-
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              ps: isnt it funny the mods are quick to censor things but didnt dare to lay a hand on harmful spams? way to set your priority, mods. but that's what expected from people who works for R2.
              We are still here to keep legit posts in line with forum rules, and point players in the right direction if players need help, which is why we're here. If any spam is 'harmful' (not obviously spam), we will step in and help ensure the community is protected.

*More detail on spam threads here*

As far as the original topic goes on this thread, healthy debate is welcome. Please when posting, keep to forum rules. Thank you in advance.
              Retired Moderator.

Comment

Loading time? I never had any loading time to get into the farm. In fact, it was my sanctuary away from the bloody hopping icons/swirlies that are lag inducing (if anyone failed to realize). Makes it much easier to navigate into other farms without having to leave your homestead, and it doesn't take 30 seconds to clear an object (harvesting/tending/feeding) as it does with those swirlies in the background. In fact, I was wondering why the "Hot Events" is swirling (after I click on it to stop) after someone collects a crop/animal. Hence, why I said it was a s*expletive* patch of sorts.

And I am well aware of the farm when it first came about. The one they did a patch or two after where you can just walk around was best because everything was in just one screen. Then, of course, they had to do the one before this one that I gotten used to since I made use of those navigation buttons to do things in less than 3 minutes per account. I am going to try that bit in cloud city (mind you, I still don't like the f*expletive*in' swirlies as I wish they would just put in a setting to turn them/popups off as I am aware of times and what I do as I do check at times in making sure I got everything done before I log off as there isn't much for me to play on these days) as I always find me a spot away from the lag inductors (that big portal is one, the flapping wings at the sylph area is another).

Perhaps, if they reintroduce those navigation buttons into the homestead, I probably be happy on such as I say that is my only sanctuary from the lag that this game somehow takes in with every patch.

Now on that final bit, I agree with you. In my times of being a admin/moderator for another game forum (as well as some tech help ones) of long ago (being about 10 years ago when I went my way), we would delete such, send the offender a note not to do it again, and if they fail to adhere to such, then we mute them; if they persist, then we start banning for time as warranted; if they circumvent by creating an alt account to abuse the system, we will ip ban them with known associations (accounts). I know this could be done as some of these spams do violate at least 3 of said forum rules and possibly 2 of the Terms of Service as written and posted within the main site of R2. To really send a ticket on something is utterly ridiculous, especially with the back-log of tickets they have for legitimate things like account problems, game problems, and harassment by others.

Soon enough, people won't use the forums as the first things they will see is that spam; and who would want to spend their time to read that?

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                  Loading time? I never had any loading time to get into the farm. In fact, it was my sanctuary away from the bloody hopping icons/swirlies that are lag inducing (if anyone failed to realize). Makes it much easier to navigate into other farms without having to leave your homestead, and it doesn't take 30 seconds to clear an object (harvesting/tending/feeding) as it does with those swirlies in the background. In fact, I was wondering why the "Hot Events" is swirling (after I click on it to stop) after someone collects a crop/animal. Hence, why I said it was a s*expletive* patch of sorts.
                  what the foo are you talking about? there are always a transition between entering the farm from the city, just like when you switch between city and cloud city. and how the fark this new farm responsible for the "swirly"? homestead is a pointless feature. you only enter it for the firecamp.
                  And I am well aware of the farm when it first came about. The one they did a patch or two after where you can just walk around was best because everything was in just one screen.
                  Hell.Foooking.NO
                  that farm was the worst ever. walking around and requires more time to harvest everything. especially when they were separating the cows with other animals
                  and you can simply switch between farm and pasture with one single click since the previous farm.

Comment

what the foo are you talking about? there are always a transition between entering the farm from the city, just like when you switch between city and cloud city. and how the fark this new farm responsible for the "swirly"? homestead is a pointless feature. you only enter it for the firecamp.
                    Well, maybe a second or two when transitioning as it was the fastest than any other place (going to wilds from city or CC, entering a dungeon, etc.) I've clicked onto.

I will have to get a vid going to show the "slo-mo" when harvesting/tending/planting/feeding with a farm/pasture in front of "swirlsville" and the redundant popups that come about while harvesting/tending. In the old system, we didn't have to deal with hopping icons (on our city) let alone any swirls as the old layout didn't have any. I might have put up with an occasional popup that shows up when I sign on (yeah, I retreat into there so I can save a spot within Cloud City as if I refresh without doing so, I will be plopped right in front of the damned portal that isn't doing me any justice and takes about 30 seconds, if lucky, to get out of that area alone).

Hey, I remembered the first comments came about the old old version of the farm/pasture to the old version of the farm/pasture. Top debates were the fire safety thing as who would put a bonfire right inside a room with no windows.

The previous farm just about had everything within reach. Tonight, I just missed out on a few seconds of EXP (not that I gave a damn on it) to prove a point that one has to leave the area they are in if they are going to help someone with a revive to their crops, else, we're going to have folks holding onto the 12 minutes (2 for the startup, 10 for the duration) until it ends before they can do the deed. The previous farm had those nav buttons where it was easy to pop into someone's farm without ever leaving the current residence/bonfire.

Even if I have to put up with this version, at least put some nav buttons in the homestead so we can zip through farms if we're in a bonfire.

Comment

I like the new farm better, except I'd still like to access all farm features while in a campfire.
                      After this patch, everyone basically stopped doing campfire and rejected every campfire invitation.
                      With guild tree EXP shortened from 15 minutes to 5 minutes, and everyone stopped doing campfire, I wonder what would happen if I didn't max kh level before this patch.

Comment

Working...
                      X