Scrolls and their stat boosts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrolls and their stat boosts

I've noticed and wondered about this for some time now and never thought of asking it here on forums or suggesting it. There are scrolls for HP, Troop Count, Pdef, Mdef, Crit, Patk and Matk. There is one stat that lacks a scroll to help a player boost it, Not everyone utilizes Matk, Patk or even Crit. As a tank I try to keep my Crit stat as low as I can while keeping block as high as possible. I wondered if there is supposed to be a block scroll or if its even possible for there to be one because it seems a little off to me that there is a stat scroll for every stat except block lol.

Let me know what you all think, I know alot of people say Knights are overpowered enough as it is at later levels but I think block scrolls could help out up and coming Knights in the future, help them get through their period of hell a little easier.
    Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

yeah, block scroll are better in arena and dungeon also if your troops are angels
    IGN: KatetheCat
    Class: Knight
    Server: S10 Termini Cliff
    Guild: Oblivion

Ava and Rease, my pets

Comment

Originally posted by ReaAva View Post
      yeah, block scroll are better in arena and dungeon also if your troops are angels
      Did you even read his post?

Comment

Originally posted by ReaAva View Post
        They would be nice to have for things such as Catacombs, arena, dungeons and other things. Issue is they currently dont exist, at least I have never seen one and no one I know of has either.

Comment

Some things are not "meant to be" in the game.

If you noticed, dodge is only obtainable by astral (Illusion astral and nothing else). I too hope that there are "dodge" gems and even "dodge" scrolls.
          But I guess that the developers feel that such gems/scrolls may be overpowered?
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Dodge is determined by block my friend, The higher your dodge the stat the higher your chance to successfully dodge a hit. If I'm not mistaken the way its worded in Enhanced Block is a successfull block, but you never see Block come up during a battle, it's read dodge, yet a knight still heals if they have the skill and do indeed dodge the hit. Dodge is simply the occurrence of your block being activated and allowing you to mitigate some damage. That is why their are block astrals as well as gems. I have seen so many people say what you have, but Block and Dodge are not mutually seperate things, they are actually two parts of the same stat. Its just like Critical hits, every point in the crit stat contributes to the likelihood of a successfull more powerfull crit hit. The same is true about the block stat, a successfull block is called a dodge. I've done the research and tested it, Block increases likelihood of dodging, thats why there is a Block stat and not a dodge stat. If they were to change dodge into reading Block it would make more sense, but they most likely wont.

Comment

Dodge is dodge and block is block.

Reference:
              http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ighlight=dodge
              Last edited by CondorHero; 12-11-2012, 03:06 AM.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                Dodge is dodge and block is block.
                So what your telling me then is block dictates absolutely nothing then? If block and dodge are two entirely seperate things then what does block do? Why do I dodge a whole lot more with over 1.5k block than I do when i have only what I get from being a Knight to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by SirCyrus View Post
                  So what your telling me then is block dictates absolutely nothing then? If block and dodge are two entirely seperate things then what does block do? Why do I dodge a whole lot more with over 1.5k block than I do when i have only what I get from being a Knight to begin with?
                  See the reference link I posted to a post.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    See the reference link I posted to a post.
                    Can you accurately prove that the only way to actually increase yoru dodge chance is through the astral? I dont think you can, I dont see anything in there that has conclusive evidence, just their thoughts. I have done the work, roughly 100 block points gives you a slightly increased likelihood to dodge while also increasing the dmg reduction from a dodge.

Comment

The only way to test it is NOT to equip the Illusion (or Enhanced Illusion) astral, and check if you ever get "1 damage" word showing up when enemy hit you.
                      If you do get it, then dodge is affected by it.
                      If you don't even get it, then dodge and block are separate things.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Thats not the only way to test it, According to the Illusion description it increases your likelihood to dodge by a certain percentage depending upon the level and rarity of your illusion astral. You DONT NEED THE ILLUSION ASTRAL to test this man. Try going into 25 fights with the lowest minimum block possible, then try going into a fight with your block maximized, you will notice that you not only dodge a whole lot less, but when you do dodge you take a whole lot more dmg than normal. Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

Comment

Can you accurately prove that the only way to actually increase yoru dodge chance is through the astral? I dont think you can, I dont see anything in there that has conclusive evidence, just their thoughts. I have done the work, roughly 100 block points gives you a slightly increased likelihood to dodge while also increasing the dmg reduction from a dodge.
                          100 is no where near enough

listen my friend
                          its simple
                          block/dodge and crit are luck based

u need real life luck

see my block is extremely low for a knight cause i am a balancer knight not a crusader knight i am not a berserker knight either

but in battle i tend to dodge alot

where as my friend who is 90% an crusaderd 10% balancer knight has a alot of block points but dodges accordingly if i increase my dodge a little i can probably dodge more than him

so u see dodge and crit are luck based although for archers it seems they tend to crit more and mages tend to dodge alot even if they have low block

guess the character advantages kick in for certain stats hehehe
                          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Its not luck based dude, I'm telling you now, that roughly 100 points in either crit or block respectively increases the likelihood of the occurrence in battle. Its not luck, Go look at the Wartune Wiki for instance. Luck does play a role in it, but its not the entire roll. 100 points block is more or less anywhere from .1-.5% more likelihood to block its not like a 10% increase to block, you ever fought a player with over 2k crit and notice that they crit a whole lot harder and more often than a player with a low crit stat? Its the same with block

Also take a look at the enhanced block description in game, then look at it on the skill calculator page, They are the same description but R2 has used Block in game like at the beginning and Dodge in the calculator.

I've filed a ticket with the Staff asking them to look into this information so that everyone can learn the correct information about block/dodge, I kinda have doubts about it, but I'm hopefull that someone will get back to me that way the correct information can be posted and end all the speculation.
                            Last edited by SirCyrus; 12-11-2012, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Its not luck based dude, I'm telling you now, that roughly 100 points in either crit or block respectively increases the likelihood of the occurrence in battle. Its not luck, Go look at the Wartune Wiki for instance. Luck does play a role in it, but its not the entire roll. 100 points block is more or less anywhere from .1-.5% more likelihood to block its not like a 10% increase to block, you ever fought a player with over 2k crit and notice that they crit a whole lot harder and more often than a player with a low crit stat? Its the same with block

Also take a look at the enhanced block description in game, then look at it on the skill calculator page, They are the same description but R2 has used Block in game like at the beginning and Dodge in the calculator.
                              true 100 block can increase ur chance to block but it doesn't mean that ur real luck plays no role

wikia wartune maybe true that if u increase ur block u can dodge and thats a fact i am not denying but its also a fact is u have good luck u can make that 5% chance into a block

so my point that block and crit is luck based stands
                              hehehe as for the block scroll

block scroll will probably only be coming on the later patches thats when crypt shop gets completed
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X