X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleground is out of Balance

especially the 40+ battleground is no fun anymore:

1. Player differences to high:
    The differences in level (or battle-rage) are too high that there is a chance to win for lower level. Very representable is the fact, that you will be attacked only because so the other is able to heal to 100% again during fight.

2. Side differences to high:
    I cannot see any matching attemp to keep red and blue at same level. So in each case one side is much higher and no real battle will happen.

3. Honor:
    Honor seems much more attractive than collecting the crystals itself. I cannot prove it but I suspect each win brings more or less the same honor. I cannot understand that a battle with large player differences, when you win with your first attack, is worth to be rewarded with any honor.

--> If you want to keep that event interesting for ALL players, then these suggestions:

A. Try a balancing on side, not via number/random but via battlerate.
    B. Make the honor-reward (more?) depending on player differences.

At the moment you will find a lot of players waiting in their start-zone for the time running out. Keep it as clear signal to change something here.

Thanks

like any idea, your idea works in theory..... but level is not the true measure of a character, and nor is BR, its all in the skill of the player and the way they create their character, so making a arena based around level, only restricts the people that can join the battle arena.... it still doesn't create a fair battleground... and its the same with BR

if you want to take the event interesting for all players, you would need about 5 different variations of the battle grounds cos no matter what is done, somebody will complain about it

Comment

I am not thinking that it will be "the true measure", but is one and better then none. Or would you not agree that the battle between a lvl 55 with BR of 26k and lvl 41 with BR of 16k will be end in all cases that the lvl 55 will win, no matter what the skill setup, choosen attack or even troops are?

Comment

lvl 40-50 should never fight agenst a lvl 55 plus player i liked the game at the start but it went to hell support dont fix any problems with tickets thay sell stuf in the mystery boxes that are no longer in game i been buying balens and have had nothing but problems i give support and programers a rating of 1 out of 10

Comment

I'm a pretty active level 49. Had 7 socketing rods for my level 45 arena set, all level 4 gems with one level 5, good astrals, and guild skills....and I have absolutely no prayer against the 55+ cashers who camp the top and bottom of the map. So either I get lucky and they are massacring someone else or they wipe me out with no effort. Even with +40% I'm not a threat. Once I hit +60 I can usually win a fight, but that takes a while and lasts for one fight. Typically once I finish the quest I just AFK since the couple trips I can make to get crystals just arent worth the effort.

Only cashers say it depends on "skill." Yes, it depends on skill when the players are remotely close in power, when they aren't take skill and throw it out the window.

I have taken to leaving the first BG I enter if the other side has 4 or 5 clear farmers. 1 or 2 you can work around more and it is pointless since your own teams high levels are doing the same thing to the other team. OP has some great points including reducing or eliminating honor for attacking players that are lower level. I would say five levels below should be half, and by 10 it should be zero...I mean you cant even attack people in the wilds 10 levels below you.

Fortunately BGs are a very small part of the game and GW gives so much honor and insigs even for the losing team everyone can have arena gear easily.

Comment

They will most likely implement new Battlegrounds brackets soon for the new level categories. All it takes is being patient.
            Chrono - Assistant Guild Master of Uncharted - [S10] Termini Cliff

Comment

Originally posted by SirCyrus View Post
              They will most likely implement new Battlegrounds brackets soon for the new level categories. All it takes is being patient.
              Confirmation? Source? Careful, players will send nasty PMs if this doesn't come to fruition. =P

Comment

Seriously though, the only reason why i don't fight in battlegrounds is because theres ****** lvl 60's going up against lvl 40's. very fair. i can tell they thoroughly thought this through.

Comment

once 55 set comes i am sure there will be a split like before

back when the 45 set was released the 30s became a 40s and 30s right
                  Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                  [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty_Da_Nom View Post
                    like any idea, your idea works in theory..... but level is not the true measure of a character, and nor is BR, its all in the skill of the player and the way they create their character, so making a arena based around level, only restricts the people that can join the battle arena.... it still doesn't create a fair battleground... and its the same with BR

if you want to take the event interesting for all players, you would need about 5 different variations of the battle grounds cos no matter what is done, somebody will complain about it
                    If i get killed by someone that is in my same level (or just a few over) I can try to improve myself to bit them. I'm level 41 and today I was fighting against players like Lupino (lvl 57) Eristo (lvl 55) or Ibriana (lvl 51) The 10 top players belonged to their team and had similar levels. End of the battle: 5000 vs 1500.

If you ar lucky enough you get to be in the winner team so that you can hide behind top players and sneak in to get some shards. If you are not, what I do is the same than R24365771: "once I finish the quest I just AFK since the couple trips I can make to get crystals just arent worth the effort."

Cross BG with level restriction would help a lot.

I like very much this game and I'm considering to spend some money in balens. If I haven't done it yet is because of things like those. Why should I spend my money in this game if there is a big chance of getting ****** off?

Regards,
                    Cessu

Comment

In my opinion tonights battle ground was a disaster. I am only a lvl 41I never got to collect any shards , every time I moved Lupino & Ibriana were on me like fleas on a dog. Needless to say I died a painful death . The battleground needs to be more evenly matched .

Karen (Bop1268o)

Comment

I would really push for cross battlegrounds myself. Level restrictions may help or battle rating restrictions. It has gotten really bad now that players are beginning to get 55 sets on my server and the heavy cashers are the elite that destroy everyone else. I see a lot of afkers now, and at least in the 30s bracket you can level quickly.

And to those that try to argue that this is about skill and not battle rating you are not fooling anyone. It does help to know how to itemize but battle rating is too big of a difference to make up for when it is like 2000 or 3000 or more difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X