Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Athena war worst time consumign ever in history

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athena war worst time consumign ever in history

Whoever made this should go back to kindergraten.
    40 sec to fightn 5 min to wait
    10 match takes 1 hr
    go die u stupid programmer
    Last edited by MemoryLane; 04-06-2017, 10:55 PM. Reason: removed unnecessary word

If you're doing 40 second fights, you're given somewhat weaker opponents. True fighting (strategy wise) is anywhere from 2 minutes to 4 minutes; extreme fighting (where both sides are nearly equal and tremendous healing is involved) will be at the 5 minute mark. The timer moves the moment the fight happens, so when you're done (however long you took), you will have the remaining time to get ready for the next one. If your fight took 5 minutes, you don't get a cool down time as it moves to the next fight and the results from the previous fight is given (whoever does the most damage).

If you think you don't want to stay for one hour of the event (as most babies do complain), you have one of two choices: 1. AFK the fight and crack open a cold one -OR- 2. Just don't enter at all.

PS, I didn't do Athena this week because I am tired and was just reading through the forums before taking an early snooze (I need the rest, LOL).
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

There is a mismatch between the type of event it's planned as, and the actual event it is. Fights that go over a minute are pretty uncommon, and over 2 minutes are rare. That's just a factor of the enormous variation in player strength, which leaves relatively few players on an even footing.

Then you also need to consider that no matter what, it's vanishingly unlikely that all 3 groups will get a similarly competitive fight, so someone's almost always guaranteed to sit around waiting for 4+ minutes every time. My solution is to bring a book, or sometimes intersperse with a different game. Taking down a robot dinosaur while in the middle of athena war is actually pretty satisfying.

Comment

the ironic part is ares war the inbetween time is less of athena. therefore the logic makes no sense

Comment

Isn't Ares 15 rounds compared to Athena's 10?
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by neobahamutt View Post
            the ironic part is ares war the inbetween time is less of athena. therefore the logic makes no sense
            Ares is 1v1 as Athena is two parties of 2v2 or however you group. Therefore Athena rounds last longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanky28 View Post
              Ares is 1v1 as Athena is two parties of 2v2 or however you group. Therefore Athena rounds last longer.
              Well, with the current matchmakin i hardly ever encounter battles that take longer than 50 seconds. Sometimes you have a fight that actually takes a long time wich feels great but that is maybe 1 out of 10 times.

I completely afk it since the rewards are not the thing where i want to spend 60 mins of my life on.

Comment

Working...
              X