The Latest: Cancelling Out on a Logo Load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Latest: Cancelling Out on a Logo Load

It is what it is, folks. The latest maintenance has proven to us that the devs do not care about their players or publishers that it created another problem in its wake. As I was out joyriding in my '17 all day yesterday and the preceding day, the maintenance had worked on (can we do something about the bloody reset to the big a<expletive> swirly after each maint; since I always try to avoid such a place by sleeping in the farm) putting an X button on the loading logo. While most people "assume" that it will just disappear so they can get to whatever it is they are doing, it's just a cancellation (or abort) button, meaning "poof, you're not going to get there".

I've done a few tests where such appears. The only time it was "beneficial" is when you are logging into the game as you can close out the logo and your game can come online so you can move around. I've tried it to open mail... the mail didn't open when I click on the X button of the logo screen. I tried to pull up the guild interface as I hit the X button again, and it didn't come up. I went and pull up the guild interface again without clicking the X button and it loads (yes, I rode out the long loading logo to its end). I tried to enter guild chamber, loading logo comes up, I click on the X, and I am still at the same place I was.

So, basically, this is a waste of code as well as a poor excuse in not fixing the real problem at hand. With the time the devs use, it should have gone to formally testing (not in their native environment, but at a global scale) their game and to put forth fixes before they are released to the public. So when can we see that? Probably never because they suck and are jokes of programmers (and the other thing comes to mind that will get me banned for sure).

My advice, LOSE THIS RIGHT NOW!!!
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

With the game the way it is now, being able to cancel out loading screen does come in handy. There have been many times where the loading screen would come up but never do anything and would have to refresh to be able to play again. Now we can just close it and try again.

These long loading issues should not be happening in the first place. Something needs to be done about the lag in the game but it just seems they don't care to fix it.

Comment

The loading logo is the game's way of telling you the images and elements and whatnots are being loaded. Some people get stuck on the loading logo for whatever reason, and a way to close out the loading logo is beneficial for them, rather than having to refresh the entire page.

If you close out the loading logo before the game has actually pulled up what it needs to, then you are essentially cancelling the loading of those elements.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

you must be crazy to want this great feature removed. literally no downside for it except if you're stupid enough.
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

So, basically, this is a waste of code as well as a poor excuse in not fixing the real problem at hand.
          I could understand if this is some twisted work around but it doesn't do any justice when the real problem is the obscene loading times (can tie into other factors like the constant analytic capture across 6k *.sol files or the famed java script monitoring file that they've got going on or even the "trying to fit an elephant through a mouse hole" method where their bells and whistles far exceeds what the platform, flash in this case, can handle).

If I played this game right at this moment, I would taken it as normal and expected. However, I've been since the game was mundane in not getting anywhere unless one spends (pre-Euds, WP was only a low %, ToK only had sylph users), but it also was fast loading that I just move with lightning speed at only 15 MBPs connection.

I had only tried this on the field, and not in any battle. God forbid if I had to try it on a real loading issue like the spire, or group arena. I wonder what it does if I click on the X as the battle is loading; will it let me go in or will it keep me outside for the moment (if latter, then it is no different than the other bug I reported about being active in an MPD but not visually present).

Comment

It is a useful feature, players can miss click an icon while in the middle of something. Especially that Holy Sword icon.

Comment

I guess I never mis-click anything so I can't really say; but if it comes to that, it "might" prove useful to me; other times is just an eye sore (much like the lag inducing swirls on icons or cross server bullhorn chats that do not serve any true purpose other than to tax someone's system resources and probably p<expletive>s them off).

Comment

Working...
              X