Patch 7.0 Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 7.0 Poll

I think we need people to vote or chime in, seems like the game just keeps getting worse.
    1. Class Advancement: Rendered Mages un-needed because heal was not important anymore, Runes, and Eudaemon took over.
    2. Titan Rune System: Ruined Group Arena
    3. Mage Eudaemon Rendered Mage purpose
    4. Holy Sword Temple: Is killing Sylph Arena
    5. Willpower aka Eudaemon Merge: Renders Eudaemon Arena Pointless

This is because theres no balance in the game, as they say in Vegas, CASH Plays.
    Very Likely, and will continue to spend
    20.00%
    Somewhat, still interested but not going to spend
    20.00%
    Casually, but losing interest
    30.00%
    Unlikely
    10.00%
    Not again, would like my time and money back
    20.00%

the 1 thing ther ned add is gaurd rune for knights to like the done on china serv, but for som reason whis game should be call screw knight, hope ther wil add changes class item in shop like ther has whit gender.

Comment

Soon, it will be the five year anniversary of the game. To be blunt, I am not interested very much as my biggest qualm would be the performance issues that have yet to be resolved. They say "optimized" but I don't see any optimization for such. Allow me to voice the following that have yet to be resolved:

Lag Issues. Since they put forth more swirly based items, it has jammed up the game somewhat. Even with one module running on stripped mode (yes, I made an app for my use as I didn't want to deal with the encumbrances of add-ons conventional browsers have that will take up system resources), it feels like I am swimming through molasses. Had they do away with the swirlies (as I am pretty sure many of us would just click on the icons if we want to check them out), then I am sure it will be less resources to be used on our systems. Some would just swirl when we either collect our mail, crops, animals, or just venturing about in dungeons/MPDs that have nothing to do with the Hot Events.

Also, if anyone bothers go into full screen (I mean true full screen, not max window), there's a small game window during battles that featured a constant "steam" on the frame around it. I don't know why this is even made as it doesn't serve a purpose (a static background would have sufficed instead) and I am sure it's constant when we're in windowed mode as well.

Finally, in the lag department, the constant big <expletive> numbers that are for damage, crits, and heals. Are we that blind that we need numbers that <expletive> big? Don't get me wrong, it helped me to zero in my rifle scope from far away (seriously on that) since it's much bigger than the targets I use for such a purpose.

Sprite Remains. We have seen it since 6.0 where the sprites remain after being defeated. Mostly happens in the Spire runs, but has been happening in other places like regular MPDs, weekly MPDs, and Group Arena (yeah some people remain standing even after the fight is over with). I now limit to certain things to combat against such like doing Spire on AFK, Tara Temple, and Magic Square on different days for my teams. I used to show off in Group Arena, but after the imbalance (which will be discussed in another area) and lag issues, I just stayed away.

Stun Disablement. Why do we have stuns in the first place? In spire, if we get stunned by the Succubus looking sprite, there's a 50/50 chance that we will not get to use any of our skills for the rest of the run, even to revive if that pixel winds up dead. In other places where a stun is used, it could mean total disablement of the Eud's Delphic skill for the remainder of the battle.

Event Nerfing. There was a billboard that showed a hamburger on one side and on the other was a steak on a plate. That billboard reads, "why pay for hamburgers if steaks costs the same". It struck something as logical. The latest rave is such an example where I ask myself, "why go for 250 devote to get 21 fun coins when it could have been left alone at 200 like before for the same number of fun coins?". Most will debate in saying "well, they gave us around like 50 additional devote" and will go, "well that 50 additional could be used towards the 200 so people won't have to be slaves to the game or have to kill someone in real life just to make certain events". I mean, that's the way I saw it when I first heard of the additional devote given as I thought it would give players more freedom to play the game; not like this though where 250 is the new 200 in trying to get more things done instead of having a life outside.

Other things are being phased out instead of new events making for such use. With R2 releasing more servers, sometimes I feel sorry for the newer ones because they are stuck for that month until they get into a merged server, and if they are lucky to get help from that server to further up their advancement. I, myself, hardly ask anyone for help, but if push comes to shove, I hope to be in one where everyone is helping everyone.

MPD Kickouts. We've been casualties of such and often cross our fingers when we push the Ready/Start buttons in hoping it won't kick us out on our attempt. I had a few instances where I didn't have an attempt (whew) and it would kick me out the moment I go in or freezes up so when I refresh, I would wind up at Cloud City right in front of that big <expletive> swirly that is the Outland portal.

Cross-Platform Imbalances. We've been there. We've seen it all. It's the Cliffords in the Puppy Bowl at its worst. Question to all the geniuses out there, how will those poor puppies win? We've seen high BR players mixed in with low BR players, especially at the 70+ Battleground where it's filled with KHs with Titans. There has been many suggestions on how to effectively design an event because with 19+ platforms that host Wartune, how can one say there is not enough people?

For once I would love to see a battle where it's CA (my units) versus CA; not KH's or regular level folks. I do not want my victories handed to me easily. I want to test my mettle and reflexes to really use strategy and watching the other team do the same. If it takes our battles to 2-3 minutes, then we are doing something right and hope one side will slip and make the wrong move that will cost them the fight. I do not want my <expletive> handed to me in the form of facing a team that is way beyond my team's BR (KH/Titans), either.

These are the problems I've been having that either makes or breaks me in playing this game. When it first came out, I was running at lightning speed at 5 units dived in that people were wondering how that I make them all move at nearly the same time. Even with 80-110% mount speeds, I still feel like I am walking instead of running. The devs or R2 would break out an emergency maintenance to fix a translation problem or when something was benefiting the players en masse. However, where's the emergency maintenance for these things that are being constantly reported at every opportunity, including screen shots and/or videos showing such problems?

As of now, I've limited my game play to doing just a few things that I feel are of importance to me as I no longer wish to be a slave to this game (they don't even pay me enough considering that is almost like doing a job for them instead of playing). If these things are not fixed, then what's the point of playing (or even spending)?
      Last edited by Meikura001; 06-12-2017, 09:32 PM. Reason: Fixed a few things.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
        I think we need people to vote or chime in, seems like the game just keeps getting worse.
        1. Class Advancement: Rendered Mages un-needed because heal was not important anymore, Runes, and Eudaemon took over.
        2. Titan Rune System: Ruined Group Arena
        3. Mage Eudaemon Rendered Mage purpose
        4. Holy Sword Temple: Is killing Sylph Arena
        5. Willpower aka Eudaemon Merge: Renders Eudaemon Arena Pointless

This is because theres no balance in the game, as they say in Vegas, CASH Plays.
        Group arena was ruined by the massive delays between skills, when you have a full match. Only a small part of that was due to titans, much more was eudaemons, some to sylph follow attacks, the rest was unexplained hangs.

Sylph arena died years ago, as far as I'm concerned. HST can't really be killing it now. And anyway, it's working exactly how it's supposed to - spenders can gain more power, and especially get past the limits on sylph BR that so many had hit.

Willpowers will give an edge, but they're really not overwhelmingly powerful. Plus, most people won't have one for months. The people who have Willpowers any time soon are probably the ones who would beat you no matter what.

There are definite class balance problems in the game, made worse by the fact that group activities have gotten more and more limited over time:
        - Titan wars replaced by athena war, where you are usually alone or with one other person
        - Magic Square replaced ToK, more solo fights instead of group cooperation
        - Outland is all solo fights

So when there's little reason to differentiate the classes for cooperative purposes, any balance issues 1-on-1 are serious problems.

Comment

Working...
        X