Announcement

Collapse

R2 LOGIN ISSUES

For the recentR2 login issue, please log in via the site starting with "https": https://www.r2games.com . If this does not work for you, please clear the cache and cookie to finish the recent update or use other browsers to try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

For the whiners.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For the whiners.

    Hey guys, this is a post for the whiners(aka free players), as this ** shd be stopped. Ive seen people complaining about how wings are not free and how cashers are given so called "unfair" advantages....well the fact is that wartune isnt really a real game at all, it is not meant to be competitive, its in the genre of games that are for rich people. So u guys wanna play a game that has got NOTHING to do at all with the money?? then simply dont pick up a game like this lol, go for other real competitive games, ive been a decent quake live player and being so i can say that its easier to compete against hardcore cashers here than the millions of pros there. I just wanna stress that if u guys want a game that has nothing to do with money just pick up a different game which has nothing to do with money at all(or skill based games). Wartune is fine as it is....its supposed to be the kind of game where money speaks....so ur complaints are pointless as u should not have picked wartune in the first place.

  • #2
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    Hey guys, this is a post for the whiners(aka free players), as this ** shd be stopped. Ive seen people complaining about how wings are not free and how cashers are given so called "unfair" advantages....well the fact is that wartune isnt really a real game at all, it is not meant to be competitive, its in the genre of games that are for rich people. So u guys wanna play a game that has got NOTHING to do at all with the money?? then simply dont pick up a game like this lol, go for other real competitive games, ive been a decent quake live player and being so i can say that its easier to compete against hardcore cashers here than the millions of pros there. I just wanna stress that if u guys want a game that has nothing to do with money just pick up a different game which has nothing to do with money at all(or skill based games). Wartune is fine as it is....its supposed to be the kind of game where money speaks....so ur complaints are pointless as u should not have picked wartune in the first place.
    You've made a good point here I think.

    Quake is a game about reflex and skill. Once you're past your prime you're doomed against the 17-year olds with lightning-fast reflexes.

    Wartune is a game where a 50-year old actually has an advantage over 17-year olds because you have a lot more disposable income to spend. In our previous game the #1 player is a 70-ish year old woman with tons of disposable income. Imagine a grandma like that playing Quake Live? lol

    I say both of them cater to different markets really. The loudest complainers in Wartune are the ones expecting this game to be something like Quake where "skill" (or reflex and hand-eye coordination, really) can't be bought with money (since it's only in your genes and your youth). Not gonna happen. Different kind of game like what kattuktk mentioned above.
    ☣CAIN☣

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RayDMage View Post
      You've made a good point here I think.

      Quake is a game about reflex and skill. Once you're past your prime you're doomed against the 17-year olds with lightning-fast reflexes.

      Wartune is a game where a 50-year old actually has an advantage over 17-year olds because you have a lot more disposable income to spend. In our previous game the #1 player is a 70-ish year old woman with tons of disposable income. Imagine a grandma like that playing Quake Live? lol

      I say both of them cater to different markets really. The loudest complainers in Wartune are the ones expecting this game to be something like Quake where "skill" (or reflex and hand-eye coordination, really) can't be bought with money (since it's only in your genes and your youth). Not gonna happen. Different kind of game like what kattuktk mentioned above.
      Yeah thats exactly what i meant, people came here thinking that its more of a skill oriented game, but since its not they should just stop whining and pick a real skill oriented game instead..... And yeah, the grandma would be OWNED in QL
      Last edited by kattuktk; 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Another useless thread.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by shadow1477777 View Post
          Another useless thread.
          Another useless post by an anti-casher

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thokor View Post
            Another useless post by an anti-casher
            Go spend some moar $$$ to get non-existant stuff instead of barking.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by shadow1477777 View Post
              Go spend some moar $$$ to get non-existant stuff instead of barking.
              You mad bro? Sorry that I have money and like to freely spend it on stuff you can't have . Did you know I just spent $200 on Steam games yesterday? That make you mad too? Sucks to be adult, employed and with disposable income doesn't it? oh that's right.......
              Last edited by Thokor; 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                First of all stop with all the immaturity. I'm sick of watching grown adults lash out at others just because they are expressing their opinion about the cash shop wings. "you mad bro?" That line right there is the stamp of immaturity overused by children these days.

                Second of all, this is not a rich people's game otherwise it wouldn't be free to play. The very problem nowadays is many free to play games with PvP suffers from same problems where cash shop items are giving paid users too much power in PvP. I know quite a few people who spends 1000s of USD on this game who agree with me. Majority of the players who disagree are basically the ones who are afraid of free players having too much power (by farming) to have a decent chance at killing a cash shopper in PvP. I know this because I have been watching the online gaming forums for many years. I too once was a heavy spender since I'm a millionaire so don't cross the line lashing at me neither.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DrunkAlien View Post
                  First of all stop with all the immaturity. I'm sick of watching grown adults lash out at others just because they are expressing their opinion about the cash shop wings. "you mad bro?" That line right there is the stamp of immaturity overused by children these days.

                  Second of all, this is not a rich people's game otherwise it wouldn't be free to play. The very problem nowadays is many free to play games with PvP suffers from same problems where cash shop items are giving paid users too much power in PvP. I know quite a few people who spends 1000s of USD on this game who agree with me. Majority of the players who disagree are basically the ones who are afraid of free players having too much power (by farming) to have a decent chance at killing a cash shopper in PvP. I know this because I have been watching the online gaming forums for many years. I too once was a heavy spender since I'm a millionaire so don't cross the line lashing at me neither.
                  Lol dude so u have been watching forums for many years and still cant figure out how these games work?? its cashers vs cashers and non cashers vs non cashers....both can have real fun in this game, but the truth is that an ambitious non casher has nothing else to do other than whine....non cashers are there just to make cashers feel superior and make them spend more so that they can get more superior. Im sorry if that is what u meant and i didnt understand.
                  Oh and btw, u may or may not be a millionaire but seriously no one here cares and u may have opened urself to more lashing coz of that statement . Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Owhh... Well, stop whinning or Quit and get lost from wartune. right?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      over the years, in most of the games I have played and helped run, there is the same thing, the peoples that complain and the players that complain about the players that complain,.... and then there are the people that just roll their eyes and wonder how some people manage in real life

                      most games feature a cash player v's non cash player theme..... and the ones where there is the most complaining, are the ones that focus mostly on the cash players... and while I accept that games need money to run, its not really that hard to make a token questure to the non cash players, such as generic free wings, in the same way that they did the mount....

                      I play a cash character and a non cash character so i can compare the differences between accounts.... and while the non cash character can get the same stuff as the cash character, there are some clear differences.... the non casher is bullied constantly in the bg by the higher level cash players, but the casher account is not touched as they can hold their own with the best of them.....

                      the non casher has a lot more kyanite than the casher, but that is because of the lack of VIP and that means that the non casher has to level slower in order to allow time for upgrading buildings and troops, even tho vouchers can be used... and due to the changes in the WB, the non casher has to decide between good hitting on the WB, farm up upgrades for better farming or faster building / troop upgrades.....

                      armour and weapon upgrades are faster on the casher with gems and sockets, and that is in part cos the casher is generally not touched in the BG, where as the non casher is targeted by honour mongers, cos they can not hold their own against the cashed up war mongers....

                      free balens may be a option for both accounts, but the spyware / malware and 17 emails to a company over the missing free balens, doesn't really give either account a benefit.. and while watching videos using VPN is a option, having capped bandwidth means that there is a limit to the number of videos that can be watched....

                      the catacombs are pretty much the same for both accounts, with gem drops etc...tho its easier to make the money on the casher for gem conversion and synthing....

                      over all, the game is not so much about time put in and understanding how to build a good build, but who can throw the most money at the game and * buy a character..... while telling people all about how good the new updates are, just get your wallets ready......

                      many players were excited about the wings, and even a generic set, would have been a nice offer for the none cashers..... a way to take the bite out of the knowledge that they may have to work harder on a character, but also to let them know that wartunes acknowledges that they are players too and they would like to have wings too, even soft kitty ones.....

                      I may be a cash player, but I have not forgotten that many of my guild mates and other players have missed out on something that had many of them drooling at the mouth and its a shame I can not donate for the whole guild to have what i have..... a simple pair of wings
                      Last edited by Stormaggedon; 12-19-2012, 03:25 AM. Reason: language

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                        Lol dude so u have been watching forums for many years and still cant figure out how these games work?? its cashers vs cashers and non cashers vs non cashers....both can have real fun in this game, but the truth is that an ambitious non casher has nothing else to do other than whine....non cashers are there just to make cashers feel superior and make them spend more so that they can get more superior. Im sorry if that is what u meant and i didnt understand.
                        Oh and btw, u may or may not be a millionaire but seriously no one here cares and u may have opened urself to more lashing coz of that statement . Cheers.
                        Hymph, I know how these games work but the problem is strictly in how they work and reason why you see many mmos are failing. You can not keep the f2p player base out in the cold for prolonged periods of time or the game bites the dust. It does no good to have "power" when there won't be anyone to use it on after a period of time. Here's the cycle you may/may not be familiar with:

                        Game Prologue: Developers see how well the beta plays before adding cash content or pulling the plug right away if player base is too low
                        1) Too many cash exclusive content that scare/worry the f2p player base but players try to hang on hoping things get better
                        2) Player base gradually zeroing as more cash content is released
                        3) Games used to fuel costs to develop a new game from the cash content (trailers and previews are created for new games)
                        4) New games used to fuel costs for more new games which may cause older outdated games to close down if the player base is too thin from cash content
                        5) Recycle the steps for more profits.

                        We need a long lasting game with lots of profits that do not follow this cycle. The only way you can achieve this is to keep your player base alive while still making lots of money. One of the most important aspects of these games is the PvP. The moment these games start to supplying cashiers more and more PvP power, the unhealthier the player base gets. Players will rage, cuss, and trash talk others much more often in this situation which is unhealthy to the children who play these games.

                        Costumes, decorations, small xp boosts, and some simple time saving items can earn any game the cash they need but it's slower paced but more efficient in the long run. These companies want the short term income ASAP so they follow the cycle I mentioned above. I caught on really quick of these facts and saved myself lots of cash over the past few years. Some day many more people will catch on with it until backed into a corner believe me. This is why the changes need to be made and the only way to do this is through the players feedback. Since many players prefer to 1-shot as much as possible, this is why the games are working way they are today. So in conclusion yes, I know how these games work and also why it's failing in the "long run". Wings is a step towards the failing road at this rate.
                        Last edited by DrunkAlien; 12-18-2012, 10:34 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DrunkAlien View Post
                          Hymph, I know how these games work but the problem is strictly in how they work and reason why you see many mmos are failing. You can not keep the f2p player base out in the cold for prolonged periods of time or the game bites the dust. It does no good to have "power" when there won't be anyone to use it on after a period of time. Here's the cycle you may/may not be familiar with:

                          Game Prologue: Developers see how well the beta plays before adding cash content or pulling the plug right away if player base is too low
                          1) Too many cash exclusive content that scare/worry the f2p player base but players try to hang on hoping things get better
                          2) Player base gradually zeroing as more cash content is released
                          3) Games used to fuel costs to develop a new game from the cash content (trailers and previews are created for new games)
                          4) New games used to fuel costs for more new games which may cause older outdated games to close down if the player base is too thin from cash content
                          5) Recycle the steps for more profits.

                          We need a long lasting game with lots of profits that do not follow this cycle. The only way you can achieve this is to keep your player base alive while still making lots of money. One of the most important aspects of these games is the PvP. The moment these games start to supplying cashiers more and more PvP power, the unhealthier the player base gets. Players will rage, cuss, and trash talk others much more often in this situation which is unhealthy to the children who play these games.

                          Costumes, decorations, small xp boosts, and some simple time saving items can earn any game the cash they need but it's slower paced but more efficient in the long run. These companies want the short term income ASAP so they follow the cycle I mentioned above. I caught on really quick of these facts and saved myself lots of cash over the past few years. Some day many more people will catch on with it until backed into a corner believe me. This is why the changes need to be made and the only way to do this is through the players feedback. Since many players prefer to 1-shot as much as possible, this is why the games are working way they are today. So in conclusion yes, I know how these games work and also why it's failing in the "long run". Wings is a step towards the failing road at this rate.
                          In short, they must have released "small wings" along with the major wings, should have given the option to buy lvl 1 gems using vouchers(about 600 vouchers), just keep releasing some stuff which will keep the f2p players interested, and still cater to the needs of the cash players.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I find this very amusing. This is the same argument on most games like this, cash players vs non cash player. One thing I have noticed is that when cash players are so over powered non cash player start to loose interest and stop playing the game. As I hope you all know 75% or more of all players are non cash players, so be careful when u tell them to stop playing the game and go else where. We don't want to be playing on another dead server after pumping out so much $$$$$$. Food for thought.....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wall of text.
                              Mesh With The Best, Die Like The Rest.
                              Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

                              Server: S62
                              Class: Archer

                              :cool::cool:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X