Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

critical and block

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critical and block

is critical also means accuracy ?

can 100 block dodge 200 critical ?

I don't think accuracy is an issue here. High crit points mean higher chance. The same goes with Block.

Comment

OK, since I'm a nice guy, I'll share the info I found via external sources. Here you go

Reference: http://gamelytic.com/wartune/wartune...culation-guide

"Base Wartune Damage Calculation

Below is the basic method of calculation for the basic damage that you can do in Wartune. These are the different factors in the game to calculate the basic attack damage.

Average Wartune Damage
      Your damage will be a range centered around the damage. The formula is calculated as followed depending on physical or magical attacks.

Average Wartune Damage = (Attack – Defense)/2

Damage Range
      The damage range is about 10% below or above the average damage. This means that if you deal an attack to someone in Wartune. Your damage will range between 90% to 110% of the Wartune average damage output obtained from the step above.

Minimum Damage Calculation
      However, when you have really high defense against the attacker. The attacker will still deal a minimum damage equal to 10% of their PATK or MATK.

Level Difference and Damage Penalty
      When you attack someone the same level or higher than you, you will receive a 5% damage penalty. It means that you will do 5% less damage. Thus, you should always go after players who have lower level than you to get the full 100% Wartune damage output potential.

Conclusion
      Based on this damage formula for Wartune, for every 2 Attack or 2 Defense, you will deal or reduce damage by average of 1 point. However, because of the minimum damage taken into consideration, you will have to put points into health as well to overcome the minimum damage. In addition, you can take a look at our Wartune Best Strong player guides for more tips on how to make your character stronger.
      Critical Rate Consideration

The Critical stats in Wartune affect both the Critical damage as well as the rate of critical. To approximate the amount of damage based on Wartune Critical attacks. You can use the following approximation:

For every 100 points in crit, you increase the crit chance by 3%. However, earlier points will increase your crit chance considerably more often.

The critical damage starts at roughly 50% additional damage and move toward 75%~100% as more critical stats are added to your Wartune character. However, earlier points also make bigger influences in the Wartune critical damage.
      How About Block

Blocking works in the similar fashion as the critical attack in Wartune. As you increase your block rating, you will improve the chance blocking as well the amount of damage blocked. We estimate every 100 points in block is 3%. In addition, the range of damage blocked is from 30%~70% depending on how many points that you have.
      Skill Damage Consideration

Most of the skills can do more damage usually based on a certain percentage of your attack. However, some do a fixed point damage such as Knight’s intercept that does 1500 damage at level 2. Take advantage of these skills that do a good fixed point attack. They are especially important against players who have good defenses.
      Notes on Astral Equipping

Because of how damage and defense rating is calculated in Wartune. It is recommended for you to use one of your Wartune astral slots for the Attack and Critical. However, as your level and equipment advances higher, typically past level 40~50 range, you will find the percentage increase astral begin to outshine the straight point counterparts. Remember to do experiment with your Astrals to achieve the maximum damage and reduce the damage taken.
      How to Gem to Achieve Maximum Damage

To improve your damage rating, the Wartune gemming for damage is pretty straight forward. Go for ATK and Crit.

Knight: PATK, Life, MDEF or Crit
      Archer: PATK, Crit, Life
      Mage: MATK, Crit, Life

The rational behind this is that Archer and Mage can simply focus on their damage dealing capabilities. However, for knights MDEF is especially needed for crypt levels behind level 50."

Comment

Sorry but this last post is wrong about crit and block. I read this one long ago, and after doing some tests with Meru (one of the top archers in all servers) we concluded that crit or block rate never reduce or augment the damage.

I have 2300 block, removeing all my block gems and astral i end with about 500 block, the damage is always the same and a 2k block should be some difference in that for that supposed 30-70% dmg reduction.
        Same goes with crit, it only gives more chance to crit, it doesn´t augment the dmg.

Shirokane lvl 67 Knight s1

Comment

I just found it, so cant guarantee it's right of course. Thanks for your post, shirokane.

Can you confirm the 3% chance increase for every 100 crit/block at least?

Comment

I dont think it works that way Xerxes , i should have 69% with my 2300 and doesnt seem that way, and what is more important, if its 3% per 100 block or crit why some chines tops have 9200 or more in this stats?
            If the formula was that way 3300 will be enough for a 99%, then we can expect some kind of diminishing return or other things we dont know about.

That guide confused me a lot too during long time, however the atk formula seems quite accuarte.

Comment

Yup, I think you might be right with the diminishing effect, the higher the value. The percentage gained per value point might actually decrease with everyy point. It would be way too powerful to have 100% on any of these stats anyway. Imagine a knight who always dodges...

I thought i found the answer, but suppose I'm back to point zero again

But thanks anyway. Better to know that you don't know anything, than to believe in the wrong thing

Comment

Cuz~ the Block Stats, has been Nerf...

Comment

i got 800 Block Before~ and yes it block all the time..., after patch and patches, I increase my block i order to make it BLOCK a lot of attacks, now i got 1850 Block but its doesn't blocking at all, in one 1min equal to 10 attack of opponent, my character dodge once... seriously in 1850 block it dodge once? is that how misfortune I a'm?

plus Knights has no beneficial skill like Archers does, Like Slasher no Attribute Added, Archer: Double shot has 100% Crit? Seriously
                  Ultimate Slasher no attribute added, Shadow Thrasher takes two turns to cast, but Mages has 2 Splash Damage skills that more faster to cast than "Reflect Damage", "Shadow Thrasher" and "Agoran Shield", Knights are like Turn Eaters...

Comment

Originally posted by shirokane View Post
                    I dont think it works that way Xerxes , i should have 69% with my 2300 and doesnt seem that way, and what is more important, if its 3% per 100 block or crit why some chines tops have 9200 or more in this stats?
                    If the formula was that way 3300 will be enough for a 99%, then we can expect some kind of diminishing return or other things we dont know about.

That guide confused me a lot too during long time, however the atk formula seems quite accuarte.
                    agree with you...3% chance for every 100 crit doesnt seem legit...
                    Server : [S262] Thunder watever
                    IGN : Comelâ„¢
                    Guild : Univit

Comment

Working...
                    X