Titan temple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post

No, you should definitely have no problems at all at 17m br.

Two problems with that statement:
    1. Not all server clusters are equal. Some have much, much higher average BRs in the top 100. I can easily sweep 8 rounds at 17mil BR, but my cluster is a lot easier than some others - 80-100 are in the 20-21mil range. Angeldust's L1 sounds roughly equivalent to at least my L4, which I couldn't beat before I got more titan buffs.
    2. You have to be able to beat one round to make any progress in the buffs for multiple titans, which make TT much easier. Everyone who is shut out completely is just SOL until they can build up a high enough BR to consistently beat a round or two, and even then it will take weeks to get any real benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by angeldust View Post
      Ok well if ur such a great player of this game and don't have any problems then why don't u come to my server and then see how good you really are. You obviously don't read the posts properly either. As I said before the server merge I was beating up to L8 not everytime but most then we had server merge where we merged with very old guilds such as S2 where most of them have been playing since virtually the game started.
      Ah, and what would you know, that is the exact same cross server cluster I am in... Also includes the S9 server from whence Dominion originate...

I'm not sure what moving to your server would achieve since we're in the same cluster and thus titan temple is identical on both, but if you can convince R2 to make a copy of me on your server, happy to do titan temple directly on your server and/or duel you. Alternatively you can try to find me in one of the bgs and I'll happily wipe the floor with you - if you're interested in this, send me a pm and we'll see if we can arrange to be in the same bg on opposite sides, though it may take a few tries to get it to happen.

The other thing you did not take note of was that I have 2 toons on 2 different servers and with one I normally pass between L5- L8 depending on the day and how many friggas are in the room.

I have built my toon with a lot of hard work and my stats and skills are fine including refining gear, sylph equipment and my eud.
      I did see you mentioning 2 toons, though you only mentioned the br of one of them which is why I focused on that. But the simple fact is, since I hit 15m br I haven't cared what eudo/sylph combinations there have been in titan temple, but yes when I was first doing titan temple it did matter, though to be honest the biggest problem was knight eudos - friggas and oracles were a secondary concern

If you don't have anything constructive to say then maybe you should tell me what the L1 players br is on your Titan Temple or maybe you should not even bother commenting.
      Umm... I did tell you what the L1 player brs were... "the people I face in it are the same level as you have at stage 1 and go up to the mid 40m brs in stage 5" and given you said L1 was 26-30m br, that is exactly what I have. And as we have now established, you are on the same cluster as I am, so you are getting the exact same opponents as me.

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
      Two problems with that statement:
      1. Not all server clusters are equal. Some have much, much higher average BRs in the top 100. I can easily sweep 8 rounds at 17mil BR, but my cluster is a lot easier than some others - 80-100 are in the 20-21mil range. Angeldust's L1 sounds roughly equivalent to at least my L4, which I couldn't beat before I got more titan buffs.
      2. You have to be able to beat one round to make any progress in the buffs for multiple titans, which make TT much easier. Everyone who is shut out completely is just SOL until they can build up a high enough BR to consistently beat a round or two, and even then it will take weeks to get any real benefit.
      1) AngelDusts opponents are the same size as the ones I face as I mentioned in my last post, and, as it turns out, are in fact the exact same ones that I face (and I have had these guys since tt was introduced). So I'd say what I am saying is very justified.
      2) Yes, the titans do make it much easier if you get the right ones and use an appropriate strategy. When tt first came in and I didn't have all the titans, I was around 12m br I think it was and I was averaging around 4 stages. Once I got my first couple of titans form it that went to getting 4-8 and the biggest cause for the failures were knight eudos, by 15m br those failures were non existent. Now, at 18m br, I barely take any damage before they die (and no, I am not an archer, though I know an archer that's being doing all 8 since 12m br - how pathetically easy tt is for archers is the biggest problem with it).

Comment

I have built my toon with a lot of hard work and my stats and skills are fine including refining gear, sylph equipment and my eud.
        Yeah, I looked your character up and just to begin with, what mage in their right minds has a PATK refinement on their necklace?

Plenty of other things wrong with your character as well, but if you want to live in a world of delusions where you think it has been well developed... it's not my place to shatter them for you (and I see that you have been appropriately put in TheAsylum).

Even as you are now though, with the proper skill selection and strategy, you should be able to get 8 stages done.

Comment

looks like they have really made titan temple totally unfair now ever since the big ones have merged eudaemons which is a totally unfair disadvantage to us. those eudaemon over power us with their stupid skills that weakens us now . stupid wartune

Comment

Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
            looks like they have really made titan temple totally unfair now ever since the big ones have merged eudaemons which is a totally unfair disadvantage to us. those eudaemon over power us with their stupid skills that weakens us now . stupid wartune
            It's not an unfair advantage - you should be thanking them for making it much, much easier for you. Yes, they may do a tiny bit more damage and take a tiny bit less, those values are less than the variances caused by the different stats people have. Also, the willpower wudos lose ALL the good skills the eudos used to have, and the effects of those skills far, far outweigh (by orders of magnitude) the tiny damage gains from then being willpowers. There is a reson why the best of the top players aren't using them, despite the br gains they give.

Maybe, in a few months when they manage to max the willpowers out they might be an advantage, but personally I find that highly unlikely unless they change the skills to include at least some of the useful skills they killed off (damnation, heals, interception, apollo's shield, etc.) and those skills are worth a lot more than any small amounts of damage increase (which is all they have right now).

You need to look at what these new things actually do, and don't just believe all the hype. For me in titan temple, the new eudo don't slow me down at all, and often die before the eudos or at worse, at the same time. So until they say, double their strength, I' not going to be concerned by them and will indeed thank the hapless fools who use them for making it easier for me to kill them.

Comment

Just a quick curious question, how much do you spend on your character?
              Vicious! Approach with Caution!
              Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
              Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
              Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                Just a quick curious question, how much do you spend on your character?
                I spend on VIP only. You don't have to spend big to get reasonably strong (you're not going to match the monsters, sure, but you can still give them hell); you just need to make the most of the events the game offers.

I've been playing for around 3 years and have just figured out how to make the most of the events the game offers and I've learnt how to win fights and if one plan doesn't work, I move on and adapt, which is a skill most people are severely lacking in - you beat them 10 times in a row and they still persist on using the exact same strategy...

All these people who have decent brs that say they're stuck are most likely just using an ill-advised strategy and never trying to improve it, have built their character very poorly, and/or have made poor choices when it comes to the skills they have selected.

Comment

Miranda, i get totally what you say. But somehow i have the idea that you can clear many stages and think that everybody can do the same thing. My main toon can't clear stage one where it once could clear 3 or 4 stages. The shadow-toons are growing bigger and bigger in a rate we can't keep up. For newer KH-toons it get's even impossible to do. Why? The new and freshh KH-players face the same 22 mil shadows as all other players. Only a fresh KH has a BR of 5 to 7 mil BR. How do you think one can clear stage one?

I have a second toon on the same server as my main wich hit KH 3 days ago (archer). It gets oneshotted sometimes without even throwing an attack. TT is the one place to obtain to get new titans. Don't you agree that a player at least needs to clear 1 or 2 stages in order to have the chance to get a new titan? The bigger players gain BR at a higher rate than smaller players and thus TT wil get harder to do with each day. 2 months ago the 21 mil BR shadows were in stage 4, now in stage 1. You don't see what's wrong with this picture?

You talked to Angeldust about a refinementstat wich hardly makes any diffrence. Maybe Angeldust made the mistake when upgrading gear that it wasn't possible to refine because the elite-crystals weren't in the game for a long time (wich was also a fun trick of the developers). My point is, TT is getting harder with each day wile we players all need it to get titans. And you know, you need titans to get buffs in order to make TT a little more easy. How do we pull that off while we can't even clear the first stage?

I have a guildy (archer) with the same BR as i do, most stats are comparable only he clears TT 4 stages of TT wile i am struggling to kill only one char. You can't really blame that on players skills nor on a players refinement (wich only makes a diffrence of 3k per stat).

3 days ago the shadows in TT were 21 mil BR, now they are 22 mil, i only grew 80k BR and thus in three days time it got even harder. Don't you agree with that?

Comment

lmao im just waiting for the complaints about the new merged kids that some ppl wear they are stronger than the players and too op

met a few in other places and they are strong yes

so when they start hitting titan temple we all going to ave less titan stuff as rewards

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post
                      Miranda, i get totally what you say. But somehow i have the idea that you can clear many stages and think that everybody can do the same thing. My main toon can't clear stage one where it once could clear 3 or 4 stages. The shadow-toons are growing bigger and bigger in a rate we can't keep up. For newer KH-toons it get's even impossible to do. Why? The new and freshh KH-players face the same 22 mil shadows as all other players. Only a fresh KH has a BR of 5 to 7 mil BR. How do you think one can clear stage one?
                      I can clear many stages - I can clear all 8 without any issue, but I don't expect everyone to do that. The new kh players at 4m br I don't expect to be able to do that, but once you tart hitting 10m br (as an archer) or 12m br (for knights, mages) I do expect you to be bale to make some progress. and by 15m br you should be getting all 8 at least most of the time. If you were once able ot beat 4 and now can't beat any, you have done something drastically wrong - titan temple gets easier and easier as time goes on. I don't expect new khs at 5-7m br to do it, but then again I wasn't able to do it when I was that size either, so why should they be able to? I had to progress through other means upto 12m br before I was doing titan temple - that path was something I had to take and so I expect all new players ot have to go trough it as well - I find it appalling how pathetically easy they have made the early levels already; there are so many pain that new players will never have, like spending months working trough the catacombs. now you can clear catacombs wit ease in a week.

I have a second toon on the same server as my main wich hit KH 3 days ago (archer). It gets oneshotted sometimes without even throwing an attack. TT is the one place to obtain to get new titans. Don't you agree that a player at least needs to clear 1 or 2 stages in order to have the chance to get a new titan? The bigger players gain BR at a higher rate than smaller players and thus TT wil get harder to do with each day. 2 months ago the 21 mil BR shadows were in stage 4, now in stage 1. You don't see what's wrong with this picture?
                      If you're getting 1 shot without firing an attack, you're doing something seriously wrong. It is very difficult to not get the first attack in. Yes, you need to be able ot clear at least one stage in titan temple to gain the new titans, however all the current players who have them had to grow to significant strength (or cash) to get them. It has never been available to new, freshly minted kh players. They need to clear other hurdles before then (e.g. getting the full set of kh skills, getting a decent level of resistance, getting some smelting, having a decent set of gems, etc.) - there are a large number of things that come in before advancing on the titans. We have all gone through that, there is no reason new players should have to go through the same trials that we did. The game is already far, far easier for new players than - you can make a lvl 80 character in a week, there is no reason everything should be given to new players on a golden platter. Is there anything wrong with epecting them to play the game for 6+ months before they can get the benefits it took us 3-5years to get?

Yes, the big players gain br quickly, but 95% of that is just fluff and has no bearing on their actual ability in battle. Lower players almost entirely get their gains from actual increases in battle ability (if you do things properly).

You talked to Angeldust about a refinementstat wich hardly makes any diffrence. Maybe Angeldust made the mistake when upgrading gear that it wasn't possible to refine because the elite-crystals weren't in the game for a long time (wich was also a fun trick of the developers). My point is, TT is getting harder with each day wile we players all need it to get titans. And you know, you need titans to get buffs in order to make TT a little more easy. How do we pull that off while we can't even clear the first stage?
                      That was but one example. There were issues in most aspects of angeldust's character. With a little bit of work their character could probably be 20-30% stronger than it is right now, though the gain in br would be minimal (br is a very poor judge of character strength). You can get to 3 titans quite easily without titan temple and that gives you 3/4 of the bonuses that are actually useful. The 5 titan bonus gives you a little more durability, but the 7 and 9 titan bonuses are completely useless - they don't help in any way with the outcome. Getting to those 3 titans doesn't take very long with with AA and voyage. With those 3 and a decent br you should be able to beat the first stage or two and work towards getting those extra titans. The br needed does change with class, which is the main problem with titan temple,but it is an obstacle that can be overcome

I have a guildy (archer) with the same BR as i do, most stats are comparable only he clears TT 4 stages of TT wile i am struggling to kill only one char. You can't really blame that on players skills nor on a players refinement (wich only makes a diffrence of 3k per stat).
                      This highlights the biggest issue with titan temple - it is unfairly trivial for archers. Archers can wipe out titan temple with very little effort at significantly lowr rs than the other classes

3 days ago the shadows in TT were 21 mil BR, now they are 22 mil, i only grew 80k BR and thus in three days time it got even harder. Don't you agree with that?
                      Not in the slightest. 90% of the br they are getting right now is from eudos/willpower and sylphs, which changes their actual ability in battle by nothing. Your 80k gain in br however, is mostly gains in battle ability.

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                      lmao im just waiting for the complaints about the new merged kids that some ppl wear they are stronger than the players and too op

met a few in other places and they are strong yes

so when they start hitting titan temple we all going to ave less titan stuff as rewards
                      They have already hit titan temple, but they are a joke. I have fought many of them. Yes, they do hit slightly harder and take a little more damage, but given they could barely scratch you to begin with, they essentially still barely scratch you. The skills they have contain none of the skills that made eudos even remotely useful in a fight - no damage boosts, no shields, etc. which far outweighed the damage the eudos were capable of and they're all gone. The people using the new willpower eudos are actually making titan temple easier for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post

They have already hit titan temple, but they are a joke. I have fought many of them. Yes, they do hit slightly harder and take a little more damage, but given they could barely scratch you to begin with, they essentially still barely scratch you. The skills they have contain none of the skills that made eudos even remotely useful in a fight - no damage boosts, no shields, etc. which far outweighed the damage the eudos were capable of and they're all gone. The people using the new willpower eudos are actually making titan temple easier for everyone.
                        well maybe easier on your server but on my server 4 x merged edu that hits hard as rock on 40 to 45 mill br players doesn't count that as easy

Comment

well maybe easier on your server but on my server 4 x merged edu that hits hard as rock on 40 to 45 mill br players doesn't count that as easy
                          The flaw and no one will admit is that R2 and 7th Road who design/publish the game have not realized that without a cap to battle rating, it just grows exponentially.
                          So any new knighthood'd player will suffer weeks-months without being able to do titan temple. As the server is promoting people to level up and get knighthood, they do it injustice by making it impossible to do Titan Temple.

At this point of the game, it no longer about game play as you've seen everything is basically on a cycle and everything for the most part is grind it out.
                          As stated by someone else "What is left to do anymore"

Unless your cashing, you'll probably still be cashing up your battle rating.
                          For the 85% of the player community, they are either left to grind grind grind, or eventually get bored and go somewhere else.

The game depends on a balance of players, if cashers make the game impossible to play, the Free to low cashers will go elsewhere.
                          We see that in battlegrounds, because no big spender wants to waste 3-5 mins per kill fighting someone around their battle rating all the time. They rather for the 1-2 hit quick kill in 1 min or less.

This has been ongoing for years, but more apparently so since battle rating has boomed exponentially to 40-50m.
                          The main conventions/events have not been adjusted to reflect the imbalance of the game.

By the time they implement any new quests, these players can solo them. As some have posted soloing HST as example.

With the lack of dev support in the game, and focus on money as priority.

Is there a point anymore besides endless grinding?
                          I'm pretty much capped, without spending. I don't need adv mahra (4 red merged sylphs); Holy Sword takes

Comment

The top players in my titan temple are going on 50m br, and their merged eudos drop dead at the same time, or 1 round later at worst than the normal eudos. With the merged eudos in there now, the damage I take is massively less than it used to be. Simple maths can show this.

For some assumptions (thes eof course depending on a lot of factors, but should be roughly correct in the comparative damages):
                            average base damage of opponents in tt: 500k
                            average base damage of eudos: 100k
                            average base damage of merged eudos: 150k (being very generous here)

*tables below ignore defs & player buffs (gets worse when factoring in player buffs)
                            Round player damage eudo damage total damage eudo buffs
                            1 2m 400k 2,400k 506% (4 oracles casting lvl 8 damnation)
                            2 10m 2,000k 14,400k 506%
                            3 10m 2,000k 26,400k 0%
                            4 2m 400k 28,800k 0%

Round player damage merge damage total damage eudo buffs
                            1 2m 600k 2,600k 0% (4 oracles casting lvl 8 damnation)
                            2 2m 600k 5,200k 0%
                            3 2m 600k 7,800k 0%
                            4 2m 600k 10,400k 0%

Even just looking at 4 rounds and the effect of damnation alone, the results for the merges are horrific - barely a third of the damage, and they might last 1 round extra, giving an extra 600k eudo damage, but that comes no where near the damage that was missed out on.

So yes, you should be thanking all the big players for switching to merges from oracles - they are making it so they are dealing a fraction of the damage they could be to you.

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
                            The flaw and no one will admit is that R2 and 7th Road who design/publish the game have not realized that without a cap to battle rating, it just grows exponentially.
                            So any new knighthood'd player will suffer weeks-months without being able to do titan temple. As the server is promoting people to level up and get knighthood, they do it injustice by making it impossible to do Titan Temple.
                            So what if they have to wait a few months to do titan temple? I was KH for months before titan temple came out - there is no reason why new KHs shouldn't have to do the same groundwork I had to do. They are already able to grow exponentially faster than I could when I was their level, so I see no problem in them having to wait that time out. Yes, the minimum br to do it now is higher than it was when I first did tt, but at the same time they've made it much, much easier to get to that level than it used to be.

I hear all these sub 10m br khs complaining about it - it wasn't until I was 12m br that I did tt. If I had to be 12m br to do it, why should some new kh sub 10m br have the right to do it? Titan temple is NOT, and never has been, for ALL khs. It's for KHs who have reached a certain level of progression to then be able to take the next step in their character development. For those merged with the really old servers it can be painful, but on the other hand that also gives them access to those big players which if leveraged can dramatically increase your growth rate, so it works both ways.

The only real problem with tt is that it is not balanced for all the classes.

The game depends on a balance of players, if cashers make the game impossible to play, the Free to low cashers will go elsewhere.
                            We see that in battlegrounds, because no big spender wants to waste 3-5 mins per kill fighting someone around their battle rating all the time. They rather for the 1-2 hit quick kill in 1 min or less.
                            A few of the big people might do that, but a lot of them like fighting each other - fighting and killing the big people is what they cashed for afterall. They only directly hunt small fries when they need to quickly hit their honour limit, but that is rare. Some do just attack whoever is closest, and that's something I do too, and that includes the 40+m brs - I sometimes make it a game to attack the big cashers and see how far I can push it, and with some luck you can get some amazing results - my record is killing a 45m br with no dryads (I'm 18m br).

This has been ongoing for years, but more apparently so since battle rating has boomed exponentially to 40-50m.
                            Yes, and 60% of that is meaningless fluff - those 50m brs, are 30m br from eudo, so they're only 20m in reality, which is the same they were when they were 40m br. The top players have gained a lot of br recently, but very little of it has been in real strength. For those top players, just the sitch from eudo to willpower is a 6+m br gain, but doing that gives them no actual increase in battle strength, it actually decreases it (lose all the good eudo skills that were useful).

By the time they implement any new quests, these players can solo them. As some have posted soloing HST as example.
                            That's a recent development, but when it first came out, it took a couple of weeks before anyone could beat it, and that took 4 maxed out red merges and needed an appropriate team with the right skill sets.

Is there a point anymore besides endless grinding?
                            That's what each person needs to find for themselves, but yes there is a lot that the developers should be doing to address this and introduce more even gameplay, which should start with revising the kh skills and making the skillsets more even.

Comment

Success in TT depends very heavily on dps, which makes it strongly favor archers. I have a 22 mil BR mage and still sometimes struggle in TT. When facing 4 opponents who are normally 35-40 mil BR range, all using friggas, and with a mix of battle oracles and willpower, the heal and shield spam alone is enough to make the fights take forever, even when winnable.

The biggest problem with TT is just that the gap between the biggest spenders and the rest of us keeps growing, which pulls TT out of reach of more players with each patch. This isn't a matter of noobs trying to take on TT with 4 million BR and epic failing. This is a matter of players who have been playing for 4+ years, have BRs around 14 mil, and can't even beat one floor. Sometimes there are tips/tricks people can use to have a better shot at clearing. For instance, I like to use moon titan 1st so that my eud can live long enough to debuff the opponents. Aside from small things like that though, this isn't really something where "git gud" is the answer. It doesn't matter how good you are if your toon just doesn't have the dps for it.

I think the devs have made some attempt to scale TT to the players since I hear some players face me in TT...and the lowest BR player in our cross server top 100 is 28 mil BR. Considering the complaints I see on the forums and in chat, whatever scaling the devs have done isn't enough to make TT accessible to many players. Perhaps it is their intent to frustrate players into buying their way to victory?

Comment

My strategy for Mage with 3 titans only...13 mill br...

Rune
                                Max Rage Rune 80
                                Max Chaos Rune

Character
                                My Starting rage 40

Euda Skills
                                Oracle Damnation 45%

Character Skills (Must Need)
                                LVL 5 Hells Requiem

Sylph
                                Hecate 3 normal star

Starting Lineup

Thunder-gust> Rage Rune> Oracle Damnation %> Hells Requim>Thunder-gust>Chaos Rune (or Brutality rune) >Thunder-gust>Hells Requim

This strategy works great if the enemy don't have any Frigga...You will pass tier 3 easily...

If the enemy do have a frigga....I take off my pdef, mdef and reduce damange % astral...I also take off titan skills....I do as much damage as possible before I die...The point here is to DIE before they turn into frigga...

Comment

Working...
                                X