Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

New Dimensions vs Meikura: A Feedback Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dimensions vs Meikura: A Feedback Analysis

Note: If this post (or thread) belongs to an already active thread on the subject, please move to such place. Thanks =)

Well, what can I say? Folks around here and in the server cluster had placed a gun to my head (or twisted my arm far enough) to have me try the new dimensions on my five unit set up. I heard your pleas, and some lectures, so I decided to give it a whirl.

For now, I am using the data I grabbed from doing the Basic Elemental Dimensions (Electro/Dark/Fire/Wind/Water/Light) to voice my feedback to this new thing as I was a bit pressed for time. However, I will give my thoughts on this:

Old Dimension Pros:
    • Able to use energy to locate posts and/or exit. This was my ticket to completing dimensions fairly quickly. I often use this to make a route to the posts I need to defeat and then head up to the exit, thus saving me any extra trips/energy usage if there were not such a thing.
    • The next portal doesn't send you up to the next floor until you defeated all the posts of the current floor.
    • A basic has 5 floors and the total resources from such are: 450 Res Crystal Shards/150 Will Crystal Shards (each dim).
    • Two basic dimensions can get you 900 Res Crystal Shards/300 Will Crystal Shards each day.
    • Takes about 3 days for the dimension to disappear.
    Old Dimension Cons:
    • The map/exploration area was too big. There are too many open spots that often take a very long time in reaching posts and/or exits.
    • The mobs within give out small rewards which is not worth fighting and should be avoided at all costs.
    • There were too many mobs on the map that sometimes it's hard to navigate if they are bunched up in one area that you had no choice but to engage.
    • The items presented in shops are expensive and are of inferior quality.
    New Dimension Pros:
    • Smaller maps. This is an improvement as I can navigate when I use 100 energy to remove the obstacles to reach the posts and portals.
    • More sacrificial items. In my first run, I managed to gather about 6-8 sacrificial items (on each unit) on both basic dimension runs.
    • Smaller room count. Not exactly floors, but rooms. The old dimension had 5 levels, this one has 4 (3 main and 1 sub) along with a 5th area (pending an eyeball).
    • Rewards on mobs are significantly higher depending on the quality of the mob fought.
    • Not very many mobs, meaning you can run to your posts/portals in a jiffy.
    • End Rewards are 10x for each dimension (Revives, Crystals); and 2x for energy (upon choosing).
    New Dimension Cons:
    • Res Production Rewards Are A Bit LOW! Instead of the 450 Res Crystal Shards/150 Will Crystal Shards you would normally get on the old, you will get like 400 Res Crystal Shards/140 Will Crystal Shards in this new one. Not kind of bad, but if you were expecting a lot more, I guess you can wait until it's gone and then try another one.
    • You can skip to the next room via portal, however, you have to defeat the bosses in order to get any rewards for the dimension.
    • There is a chance you will get disappointed if you're searching for balen mines since an eyeball would also mean an empty room.
    • The AI Navigation is not intelligent. After removal of obstacles, I clicked on the post I want my unit to go, and instead it goes on his own route, sometimes slamming into mobs along the way. It's better to move your character to one point (either vertical or horizontal) and then complete the trip using the other to avoid running into mobs.
    • The basic dimension disappears in 2 days (50.00% each day as it says).
    • Items are still expensive for the quality.
    • You use energy when you step onto a portal.
    • For Events, it's sometimes hard to fulfill the requirements. (Submitted by Takashi007x)
    In my two dimension run for my team of 5:
    • One unit managed to get a balen mine.
    • Three units managed to get more sacrificial items than the remaining ones.
    • Four units got dragon essences from such.
    • Two units got marriage based items.
    • Four units got orange bounty scrolls.
    • Three units have the AI navigation problem that I had to go in manual to move them so they don't keep slamming into mobs along the way.
    • Two units managed to get 10x level 2 resistance stones.
    • One unit managed to get 10x level 2 will crystals.
    • Two units managed to get 200 energy added.
    • Two units managed to get 10x revive attempts TWICE!!! (Seriously, you would think the thing is smart in diverting to the next reward once the revive attempts are full, but was wrong, LOL).
    So now, you can stop pestering me as I had done such, LOL. It's not all too bad when it comes to completing a run in about 15-20 minutes (given for all those collisions). However, I think they can do better.
    Last edited by Meikura001; 07-24-2017, 01:18 AM. Reason: Updated Information
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

thats good info.

theres also a con about the new dimensions, thats if with the hot events, its harder to complete all 3 dimension based everyday.

So for a daily basis, its decent. but if you're trying to max out the rewards daily for each hot event when active every 2 weeks, dimensions after the change is horrible.

Comment

I've stopped doing most events now a days, hence why I left it open for discussion as there are those who done them more than just this one time I had done (going to do the next sortie in about the next two days). I am also going to edit/update the original post to include the correct values (at the basic dimension level) of res crystal shards/will crystal shards since I was doing it fairly quickly. I've noticed the energy value drops rather quickly when I use the feature to remove the obstacle for 100% completion and navigation (again, AI auto navigate is not intelligent) towards the post/tower/portals. I was down to 700 energy left after doing two basic dims. I know there might be a regeneration phase, but if folks are pressed for time and don't want to wait the whole day to get somewhere, they will be out of luck when it comes to said events.

When I did the events for the dims, I would pop the two basics and then delete one (after finishing it) and popping another to get the posts, trials, and energy usage. I don't know how these will work, so when I am left to my own devices, I am going to try them out and see if it can be done.

Another con I might consider on both the old and new dims is the fact, some dims are lighted enough so you can see yourself in the map and where you're going; other dims are so dark that it's hard to know if you're traveling at the right spot without consulting the overhead map (if going for 100% completion) so you can be sure you didn't miss such.

Comment

I have to disagree about the new dimensions and the dimensions events. It is so much easier now to complete them than it used to be. Getting the trials and energy used to be a major pain, now it's almost trivial. It does take some planning to manage the posts one, especially if you're not vip, but pretty easy to do if you have the ability to open a new dimension (and delete it).

I'm also not sure how it's an advantage that you couldn't leave a floor before taking the post. With the new system, you can pop through the portal when you find it, then go back, and teleport directly to the next area once you do find the tower. I like not having to backtrack to the portal.

The short duration of a dimension is a pain, 2 days of a basic or intermediate is really short. For the longer ones, it's worth doing all except the last room on the first day, so you get almost a full extra day out of it, giving full rewards for the regular 5 days, plus most of the rewards for a 6th day.

The rest is all true - the AI pathfinding is terrible everywhere, although it's not very noticeable outside of wilds or dimensions.

Comment

I'm also not sure how it's an advantage that you couldn't leave a floor before taking the post. With the new system, you can pop through the portal when you find it, then go back, and teleport directly to the next area once you do find the tower. I like not having to backtrack to the portal.
          In the new system (and with the poor AI navigation), I happened to bump into portals by accident that will take me to the next area without taking a post. In the old system, it gives you that warning so you can go and take out the towers/posts so you can proceed. It reminded me of the times where you exited the portal in Forgotten Catacombs without picking up the chest, the chest is lost. Now, it gives you that warning to pick it up before moving.

I do not like to backtrack as well, but I am a forgetful one at times where if I went too fast in doing things, I might miss out on the vital things I need to do before then and I would scratch my head later on in wondering why one guy is short of something.

Yep, the timing of these dimensions is very short. Two days later (as I calculated right), a basic went out the window. In the old system, it was three days because that small % that remained still gave out full rewards in mail before it disappeared. Again, if I wanted more, I guess I have to time myself every two days in completing either a basic or intermediate, else I might have to try an advanced or expert and brave the time it will take to just complete them, which I am just a short-order kind of guy now.

Now, for the moment folks were waiting on: balen mines and rarity of such. I found out why such mines are rare and would get a player to rip their hair out. First, it gives out 1,200 balens (bound) for the duration of a day (I waited until it went into mail) of each mine that is found by the player. Second, knowing the developers' and how they don't like handing out freebies, their % chance is a very small number based on prior data of folks going for such and how many managed to find at least one on their dimension journey. Although, I do not like the idea of having an empty room when an eyeball is present no more than having a spot that is empty on your map that you try to kick yourself in figuring out on how to get there, these are two reasons enough on why we won't find very much of them (and why I wouldn't care as I do with anything that always have a chance % to it; you either put it in or you don't put it in -- that's how I go).

Comment

meikura am i allowed to ask u an offendin question via pm? ^^ ... i think this could be explain ur perma angry status in this forum and in game ... tbh i wonder why u still play ... but some posts i really understand too :P ^^
            against devotion ^^

Comment

Originally posted by R264317145 View Post
              meikura am i allowed to ask u an offendin question via pm? ^^ ... i think this could be explain ur perma angry status in this forum and in game ... tbh i wonder why u still play ... but some posts i really understand too :P ^^
              No question is ever offending unless it starts off with name calling/taunting/pointless banter. I've had criticism in the face of a very constructive question that I engage in conversation with folks; not only for them to understand me, but for me to understand where they are coming from as well. No one person is better than the other, and the world is always better when someone knows something from another than they didn't know before.

I play for the company I keep mostly. I play for the 10% of events I felt that are still beneficial. A game is meant to be entertaining as well as a recreational avenue, not as a job (unless you're being paid for doing such; as I had worked in such a position in my younger years before taking on my own direction). Only one slot I can say, in the five years this game was running, that has been really fun for me (and others) is from 2015/2016 where folks had options on how they wanted to play without feeling they have to stay on for the whole day.

Anyways, I won't stray from topic. If you like, and haven't done so, you can contact me through pm and we can take it from there.

Comment

I'm rather forgetful too, I need to check the map multiple times while I'm working on them to figure out if I need to keep exploring or if it's green and I can move on. Even in the short time between when I attack the tower, and when I dismiss the card flip I somehow lose track... Still, with the diverting portals, I prefer to just pop through and then use the map teleports.

But a clarification on the balen mines: only the rare ones are worth 1200bbs, the normal ones are worth 480 over a day. Still pretty good, but you should probably expect the normal ones to show up 75-80% of the time you do get a mine. Although it has seemed like the rare ones are a lot more common recently. It's a small sample size since any mine is really hard to find, though.

Comment

Never fear R2 is at the helm to help you clean your bags.........after doing 3 toons in dim on expert level I finished with 2 total offerings between all of them, so all those offerings that are cluttering your bag will soon be gone. Thanks for looking out for us

Comment

Yep, in the times I had done dimensions, I came across all 4 different offerings across the units I put forth in doing so. Even though, R2 announced that the drop rate for such will return to normal (I am still trying to find the announcement that said it was going to be increased in the first place), it'll probably pan itself out just like the old Rave Event when it had the mahra/seps which I am like 2-3 events away from emptying fully and the inventory space will open once more.

I must have hit one of those rare mines then as a guy got 1200 for the day (collected afterwards in mail) so I had thought it was only one type.

Comment

for dims,need to have basic-intermediate-expert-knighted.

get rid of advanced and replace it with a harder knighted dimension
                      and bump up the rewards some.still have an easy/medium/hard for
                      players starting out,but then a knighthood dim where a player can't
                      one-shot everything like in the expert dims.

Comment

Working...
                      X