Meikura's 7.5 Review [Primary Volume]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meikura's 7.5 Review [Primary Volume]

Okay, aside from an emergency that kept me away for most of the day, I've managed to dive into the game. Some things were new, and some things got worse than the previous. Like me or hate me, but it's time I put forth a bit of feedback (in the hope the devs will force us to fill another survey out) that I will link to this very page when asked:

Things I've went full force on...
    • Time Vault: For a somewhat steep price (okay, my fault for having my own ship but now I got a crew that is other than my own units, it'll probably work itself out in months ahead), I managed to opened up the first page (49 slots) for 180 days. My units were relieved because that's less junk I have to lug around and now my inventories are empty so I can focus on the important stuff to sell and to use for events. A guy on our crew who had 3 pages of inventory found this to be very nice. I like it that it has the renew button, so I will be around 2018.02.20 (if the game doesn't send me to my demise first) to put forth the renewal. If this was made evident around patch 3.something, it would save me a great deal on bound balens used.
    • Hidden Players in Guild Based Events: I, among the other members of my crew, love it. Mess with it, and I will kick your rear end. However, it will need some tweaking since I heard it hides in other places as well. So, I am sure this can be accomplished......... concentrate young grasshopper.
    • The Icon Bar: While I love it being closed off like it should be in the first DAY-O place, however, it needs some improvements to be a fully functional interface:
      • The not so important stuff (like the spending types of icons) need to be put in the last pages of said bar. I am sure if folks want to spend, they can go back there to do so.
      • The important stuff like Online collections, Rave, Login Event, etc. need to be in the first few pages of the icon bar. This is the first stuff that we need to be seeing and collecting.
      • The timed events (WB, Arena, etc.) need to be put back into the Time Box and it can reside next to the Hot Events icon; however it can sit inside while closed as you cannot seem to turn off the bloody swirly. People that need to get into such events can open up the icon bar and click on the time box to get in.
    And things I am not too happy on...
    • The Henna Labs: While I dislike the fact I had to let it roll instead of planting them at will as in the past, who knows, maybe things will look up once I beat some more folks and get them up to a certain level so I can do the events. Right now, it's unrealistic (and yes I always timed myself on those 10 hour bits).
    • Lag: Nope, it's not my highly fast connection; it's how the game is programmed when a player clicks on receiving items from mail or in Hot Events that it takes a very long time to get. On the first page of the mail alone, it took nearly 2 minutes to receive all the gifts on that page before I can delete and move on to the next page. Another thing I had tried that is of lag nature was trying to 1k mount hoof refinement that it took a nice 5 minutes to clear the first mount of such before moving to the next; the previous version, I can finish in about a minute and a half (negligible) before moving onto the next one.
    Probably this weekend, I will test more as tomorrow I am going to be away. We should be seeing an emergency maintenance for this; however, no one screamed "language translation errors" so they won't come.

It's an okay patch for now. Cheers.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

This patch is indeed oké and added things i actually like very much.

- The henna-labs are good once leveled to a certain exp-lvl so these are a good addition. The downside is the cool-down of 30 mins between raids wich was introduced.
    - Dreamland is quite nice, once you have two good passive cards activated you can get tons of coins.

Things needed to change:

- The timed events indeed, swapping trough the icons is horrible, it was already a mess but now... Why the developers didn't do what the players asked for the last few years is a big riddle to me. Everytime they do something with it wich makes it a bigger mess than it was.
    - Lag, claiming items from the mail is horrible. Before 7.5 i could instantly claim items, now it takes minutes (depending on how many items you want to claim). Walking trought the city is much slower than it was (and there is a diffrence in the used browser. Edge is the fastes, then Maxxthon but Chrome is a browser you don't want to use after 7.5. And farming is more laggy than it was, every click takes 3 seconds before you see a change so doing the animals and collecting milk is very time-consuming because you have to click, wait, click, wait and so on.

But, despite all of that, great patch.

Comment

The icon mess will be discussed with R2 on Monday. The team will work on the lag this week for the next maintenance.

Players hidden everywhere they should not have been hidden was a bug that was fixed during the emergency maintenance.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

It just doesn't make sense what they do sometimes. Do they even know how their own game works? Why did they have to take the things out of time box? And why did they have to remove game box?

And about the players being hidden. Yes it's a bug but why can't we have that button in cloud city work for beast and DA, it even worked fine for speed or just add a hide players button inside of those. We was able to still see the players name and color.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post
          It just doesn't make sense what they do sometimes. Do they even know how their own game works? Why did they have to take the things out of time box? And why did they have to remove game box?

And about the players being hidden. Yes it's a bug but why can't we have that button in cloud city work for beast and DA, it even worked fine for speed or just add a hide players button inside of those. We was able to still see the players name and color.
          I fail to see the correlation between knowing how the game works and the location of the icons. Having the icons outside of the time box isn't a bad thing, and for a couple of them they were changed to make it easier to know when you'll next be able to interact with that icon, though the placement of those icons in the overall order of icons is very much questionable, and will be something we bring up, among other issues with the icon bar. If their goal was to make navigation easier for new players who haven't learned the timing of events yet, I feel like they need to go one step further with it.

I don't know why they took the game box out of the icon bar and moved it to an NPC at the bottom of the map. There's probably a very good reason for it. We have some speculations, but we would have to wait for a future patch to see if any speculations pan out.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Please tell me when such emergency came about, that it retained the ability to hide all players during guild based events (Tree, DA, and Beast) as that was a real life saver. The last time I ran events was minutes after the evening World Boss came and gone, and was quite happy with such that it helped me and my crew complete the tasks in record time (there are 4 others besides my 5 units that were on at that time; along with about 5 more crew members that are limited in play, which I have no problem on).

Buuurman Thanks. I forgot to mention the cool down timer for raids now (why?!?!) that kind of made me pull back on doing more. While it made it possible to select and refresh (at the cost of 200k gold) targets at will, the cool down is what killed it for me. It's more like a gimmick to buy VIP if I want to keep on it (LOL). I don't even want to think on how much EXP (or raids) I need to move on to the next level beyond 1, or how the points are given out after a level up (if it's like Sky Trail where the % drops after each stage is completed, then we are in trouble).

MemoryLane I am hoping it will be organized when it comes to the icons and the bar. It's a fair interface and I liked it as it didn't pop out when I am doing stuff or getting into battles (biggest one is through Guild Altar where I had to close out the bar in the old version just to keep moving forward). I have a saying when it comes to the developers ("one step forward, two steps backwards") that when something looks good to be true, other things had to be messed up in the process.

R262181389 If they went forth with it, I will love it even more. Yesterday's bout had us all happy about it in guild events as it was the fastest we had done them in. I am hoping this could be the norm and players will be able to hide everyone at will to reduce the lag as possible. This might be their saving grace IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO!!!

Comment

Please tell me when such emergency came about, that it retained the ability to hide all players during guild based events
              Probably not, Mei. Sorry. Will see if they can add the option in though.

I don't even want to think on how much EXP (or raids) I need to move on to the next level beyond 1
              5 wins at 10 points each brought me to lvl 3. 5 more wins at 10 points each and I'm lvl 5. Exp scales, as exp usually does. 10 points for a win, 5 points for a loss, +2 henna/hour, increased chance for adv. henna, every level. It's worth it, even with a cooldown, to at least get it to lvl 3, but you'll be able to determine how high you want your level to be based on the lab output, and how many times you're able to check in during the henna event to make that last reward level.

Last edited by MemoryLane; 08-25-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

MemoryLane Thanks. Hopefully they will; even if it was a mistake, it was beneficial to have happen in those sections.

Okay, so it's 10 points for a win/5 points for a loss; got it. I was going to ask about the amount of Henna increase per level, but you've answered it nicely. I will have to work around the cool down bit to get them up that far, but if everything goes well, I will get my labs to a sizable level that I can be happy with and just do a few battles a day for the EXP.

Comment

The issue with people still being hidden where they shouldn't be is still there for example in BG the only way to be able to attack anyone for honor and kills id to click on the eye icon before you enter the BG otherwise you cant see anybody and you lose waste an attempt to get the BG rewards. I experienced this again today.

i also agree that the icon bar is a mess.

I like the addition of the new willpowers and the fact that you can get clothing refinement stones in the dreamland secret shop.
                  i like the henna labs and the addition of advanced henna to the labs
                  they could have kept Bloody Inferno as that is where you get the shards to renew the incubus dragon mount that is only valid for 7 days or they should make the mount permanent.
                  the fact that they have added new levels to sky trail is both a blessing and a curse, to explain it is a blessing as it now gives adv sep and mahra as well as moon dust and rocks, the curse is that 1 element now takes 2 days to finish as the % done for 20 energy is 2-2.5% and they do not give enough extra energy during explore unless you spend to buy.

i like the mines in dims that were altered on patch 7.0 however the chance of finding an eye portal and then on top of that it is random as to whether there is a mine in the eye portal is infuriating as we spend forever doing dims only to find an empty portal or a portal that only has a merchant in. i feel the eye portal should at least guarantee a mine.

also and this has been ticketed by me and various other players when you are doing a battle against somebody that has a will power you will suddenly lose the battle but still have between 1mil and 5 mil hitpoints left( only seems to happen when opponent has a willpower and i have checked there is nothing on the willpowers that says instant win.) also it happens at random percentages so it cant be a damage win because damage wins happen after a fixed amount of time.

also the world boss is a joke there are people that can virtually 1 shot the world boss because his defenses are so low and they have gotten so strong.

other than these issues and the lag i find the current evolution of the game to be satisfactory and hope R2 gets the bugs worked out before they release the next patch.

Comment

Originally posted by RaishaBellovont View Post
                    also and this has been ticketed by me and various other players when you are doing a battle against somebody that has a will power you will suddenly lose the battle but still have between 1mil and 5 mil hitpoints left( only seems to happen when opponent has a willpower and i have checked there is nothing on the willpowers that says instant win.) also it happens at random percentages so it cant be a damage win because damage wins happen after a fixed amount of time.
                    Reports have been noticed. There's not enough information about this issue at this time. A video would certainly be helpful.

Comment

Dove in and had some fun with my units across certain things I can say they are keepers for the moment:
                      • Henna Labs: Since I only did one battle yesterday and was somewhat discouraged because of the cool down that was added (yet, I am still asking 'why?' LOL), I managed to complete the day's attempts and got my labs to level 4 and had done some good math to know this is the level (if you come about 4 times daily) you can gather to complete (even with slight plunders) the event that is featured in the future. I will be doing attempts across my teams of units in a wave fashion so they can complete all their attempts within 2.5-3 hours (there are times I would take a nice break in the form of an errand). The 200k gold per refresh might be a bit steep for most, but I only spent about 400-600k on average per round to find targets that are within my zone to attack (and I don't hit my crew, LOL) to gather the 10 exp to level up my labs a bit faster that will, in turn, keep me at bay on completing events or going for the whole shebang of gathering more Henna than what I had when I did the 10-hour stints.
                      • Dream Land: So, I get two extra STA points for my BR (I wonder what BR you had to be to get the 100 that was featured in that one screenshot when the guide came out; 50, 60, 70 mil BR?). STA points are deducted from zapping enemies with the corresponding STA usage; there are no battles involved. However, it's up to your methods on the best ways to keep your STA flowing back up and avoiding being like Charlie Brown as you get a rock (yeah, literally). The bad thing about it, it comes with a 24 hour cool down that starts at the moment you start the journey (it doesn't reset the counter at reset) and to be able to reset, you either have to wait out the full 24 hours or use items (which takes some of the "useless" items you might have laying around) to reduce the time so you can do it again.
                      • Time Vault: I know I am repeating it, but I loved it very much as all my units now have a row of inventory in use (cows mostly along with event trinklets, food for animals). It makes it much easier to sell the stuff I find worthless that isn't covered in the previous paragraph mentioned. Currently, using one for the 180-day period, which I know I will get more back since now I have more people that came on board.
                      The icon bar, while I like it for staying put as it should in the first place, is still a mess. I am hoping they will make improvements into it to make it an even user friendly interface (that's me trying to hope, huh?) that can be used. Even though my TV can handle the 2 row icon configuration of 16 icons per page, my mobile can only handle the 2 rows of about 3-4 icons per row (didn't pay attention much), and to read someone's suggestion to put all icons on a single page, is going to be hell, especially for those who use Puffin Web Browser for their mobile devices to play the game.

I had fun in the last week of BI (remember, I did mention it was a time sink that I hardly do such) of completing it, and then getting the reward for it on completion. But it does raise a question about the mount since now that BI's gone. Will they get phased out or will they finally be permanent like the rest that is out there? If for the latter, I have the cards all prepped up now, that I will use when that time comes.

An Easter Egg Found:
                      • While on the "handy" (it's what I called my device), I refreshed during BI (or a MPD) and wind up in the dungeon (whew, it didn't kick me out), and I got into the battle. Somehow, I had a nice treat of hitting the "AFK" button that is lit up, and that MPD battle went into AFK mode. I laughed as I sat back and watch the fight happen with my unit using all the skills as needed. I think they should put an AFK function to its fullest when it comes to MPDs, especially in times where lag is an issue that prevents us in pressing the buttons needed in the time we need it. Another good thing is a person can be away in doing something while helping someone and they can come back after the battle is finished to move onto the next.
                      I still wish for exploration rewards to increase as you explore higher stages and for the removal of the star tear shards since we still can do the first two stages to get enough star tears to get our first evo sylphs going. I am hoping they (the devs) would increase the number of star sands instead since 1 or 2 isn't going to do any justice. I am still scratching my head on why I am getting 20 sepulcrums at stage six when at stage 1 I get the same number. I think there should be an incentive to doing higher stages (to make the player feel good about themselves that they can get up to that point) and to reward them with such.

Comment

Next on the segment is my feedback for both the New Sylph Arena and Eudaemon War (Weekly) Dungeon...

The New Sylph Arena
                        • I was mind blown when I went onto the Sylph Arena. They were right, you can choose your fights wisely. I was able, at the last day, to get up to Diamond rank to take in its rewards (which is much better than anything; now if I can do Mahra/Adv. Mahra the same way, I will be golden).
                        • While the standard cool down is 5 minutes (55 mins in wait times) per fight, an hour of such and locating opponents will get someone up in the ranks and on the way of getting the rewards they deserve if they work their way up.
                        • Another nice feature is the bonus points for certain attributes that are deployed into the battlefield, which changes weekly (I believe).
                        The Eudeamon War
                        • Euds set as mains can only be deployed into this dungeon.
                        • The Easy was "easy" as I breezed on through. I will try to farm this since I do need the green mats to get my green eqs to max before taking on Nightmare one for the next set.
                        • The only downfall I see in this is having to be sent back to the starting point after a fight. It would be much easier to leave them in place so they can move onto the next fight without having to travel to it each time from the starting line.
                        • Rumor has it, that if you only defeat one mob per floor before exiting and leaving the buffs up when fighting the final boss, you will get the "extra" rewards. Confirmation will be later on, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                          Next on the segment is my feedback for both the New Sylph Arena and Eudaemon War (Weekly) Dungeon...

The New Sylph Arena
                          • I was mind blown when I went onto the Sylph Arena. They were right, you can choose your fights wisely. I was able, at the last day, to get up to Diamond rank to take in its rewards (which is much better than anything; now if I can do Mahra/Adv. Mahra the same way, I will be golden).
                          • While the standard cool down is 5 minutes (55 mins in wait times) per fight, an hour of such and locating opponents will get someone up in the ranks and on the way of getting the rewards they deserve if they work their way up.
                          • Another nice feature is the bonus points for certain attributes that are deployed into the battlefield, which changes weekly (I believe).
                          The Eudeamon War
                          • Euds set as mains can only be deployed into this dungeon.
                          • The Easy was "easy" as I breezed on through. I will try to farm this since I do need the green mats to get my green eqs to max before taking on Nightmare one for the next set.
                          • The only downfall I see in this is having to be sent back to the starting point after a fight. It would be much easier to leave them in place so they can move onto the next fight without having to travel to it each time from the starting line.
                          • Rumor has it, that if you only defeat one mob per floor before exiting and leaving the buffs up when fighting the final boss, you will get the "extra" rewards. Confirmation will be later on, though.
                          About the eud war and extra rewards, if you kill all the bosses on all floors, you will not get any will gear, the extra rewards but it does make the last boss easier. One has to decide what they want more of, golden sand and blood stone or will gear.

I agree about not going back to the start after each fight.

Comment

With Lag, I've noticed that when they "optimize" or they make changes to the game as "improvements"

The new icon list display is supposed to help, but I think all they did was sneak in more icons, and arrows that basically increase the lag.

There is more and more on-screen content, but to the players its all noise and things to distract them.
                            Because by design everything on screen has to pre-load, which means that more and more flash resource memory is also being allocated to loading things you are not running or using.

Compared to a few years ago, there wasn't horrible lag, and not as much resource consumed by flash, but now 3 years later, this flash game requires a strong pc to keep up w/ the flash resource eater.

Comment

Feature Revisited

Henna Labs: In the past, I have read various posts on the subject on how it's not "possible" to get the Hot Events rewards for harvesting. Well, I come forth to tell everyone that it is possible now.
                              • The old 300 harvest a day has been modified to the 150 harvest a day in the Hot Events Panel. I find this much easier than timing 3-4 collections needed at level 6 (roughly 12-16 hours total) to gather all the rewards for the day.
                              • Higher levels of Henna Labs yield more Henna, making collections for the event much smaller. A level 6 HL will give out enough (even if plundered) if the collections are done twice a day (before reset); I typically do my collections in the morning when I get up, and in the evening when I come home. So if you're stuck with a level 1-4 HL, it's time to get some raids going to get those levels up. A level 5, you can get away with if you wanted to do 2 collections a day, regardless. A level 7 or higher will probably simplify to just 1 per day (if not plundered much) for the event.
                              • As an added bonus, any Adv. Henna is also counted towards the event. On an un-plundered harvest, I would get 48 Henna and a few Adv. Henna. By the time, I looked at the event, I find out that I am at 152. Now, here I am thinking if I am un-plundered and I am getting 48 Henna for each lab, three of them would just give me 144 Henna which leaves me 6 to get in the next collection, right? Well, just find out that the Adv. Henna harvested counts towards the total for the event. This is across the 12 units I have going to come forth with this conclusion.
                              So, in conclusion, it's very possible to get the event rewards for this. Let's get to the raiding, boys and girls, and get those labs up in level.
                              Last edited by Meikura001; 09-06-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X