Group arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group arena

they really need to fix the cast speeds of skills and runes in arenas they take 5 times longer then any where else to go off and rune stones are the worst all you seem to see is new patches but things that need fixing goes unfixed

Cast speed is basically irrelevant in arena, because there are way too many separate actors involved. 8 players, 8 eudaemons, and 16 sylphs means you can easily wait 30-40 seconds between being able to cast skills. Add to that the possibility that someone else jumps ahead of you with the queue bug, and you can wait even longer.
    And that's with minimal lag. Throw in a little lag and you can see everyone sitting around doing nothing for several seconds here and there, so you might seem to wait a full minute between skills.

The real problem is that they have never revisited how arena works since introducing eudaemons and then titans. Having so many things going on is basically impossible to fit into the type of fight that it's set up to be. I don't see a real solution other than reducing the number of players in arena, or even restricting the eudaemons. You'll notice that smaller fights run much faster, or even larger ones after most players are dead, so the problem is really all about numbers, and reducing them is the obvious answer.

Comment

i am playing this game since the first day it came online my char is 35 million BR so i know that there was a time when you hit a rune it went off within 2secs now you can take up to 60secs or more and it was the same with skills,hope it not due to been on a .kongregate server, btw i am on a 1gb broadband service and running a high end PC with 128GB ram and 8GB GTX 1080video card just to let you know there is times i have 4 accs logged at the same time with no lag at all

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
        Cast speed is basically irrelevant in arena, because there are way too many separate actors involved. 8 players, 8 eudaemons, and 16 sylphs means you can easily wait 30-40 seconds between being able to cast skills. Add to that the possibility that someone else jumps ahead of you with the queue bug, and you can wait even longer.
        And that's with minimal lag. Throw in a little lag and you can see everyone sitting around doing nothing for several seconds here and there, so you might seem to wait a full minute between skills.

The real problem is that they have never revisited how arena works since introducing eudaemons and then titans. Having so many things going on is basically impossible to fit into the type of fight that it's set up to be. I don't see a real solution other than reducing the number of players in arena, or even restricting the eudaemons. You'll notice that smaller fights run much faster, or even larger ones after most players are dead, so the problem is really all about numbers, and reducing them is the obvious answer.

The devs never revisited on optimizing group arena any further.
        When clothings, and then eudaemon came out, people started to equip everything so that on screen if you have a slow connection, or slow pc it would cause lag and your turns would be alot slower than the other team. Many teams employed this trick even in Chaos War, people knew about this and exploited the "lag" method to win.
        While they employed the hide function, the data still is being transmitted but not as much as before.

Group arena used to be 30/30 attempt, it was reduced to 15/15 over the past 2+ years.

There are still many bugs to group arena such as the start button, or league points reward after fight pt inconsistency, etc.

Up to a certain point its user pc and internet connection, but in the end its just a bad design by the devs.

Its simply because Wartune design never really took away or reduced things to improve the game, it keeps layering and layering on top.
        • Clothing
        • Titles
        • Sylphs
        • Titan Runes
        • Eudaemon
        • Sub-Eudaemon
        • Enhanced Eudaemon
        Each of those requires bits of data for animation/motion, awakening etc.

To anna11 points when the game first started, group arena you can finish 30/30 within 30 mins.
        It takes 30-45 mins at times just to finish 15/15, depending on who you run into.

I've seen it take 30s-60s just for 1 turn to occur, if you used a rune between titan rune or sylph awakening sometimes it would just delay your turn even further.
        Theres also been people who have been speed hacking flash as well where their turns are 2x as fast as the other team.

It just a common theme within Wartunes, they don't know how to manage the game, its easy to keep adding layer and layers and things on top.
        Players were complaining about the icons, and the dashbar either lagging or auto popping even if you minimized it.

The devs nor R2 admin wont tell you the specs you need to run this "flash-based" game, because imagine buying a highend pc that is over $1000+, and still have the same issues as a $300 pc.
        Then you'd blame the devs/R2.

Comment

Originally posted by Takashi007x View Post
          I've seen it take 30s-60s just for 1 turn to occur, if you used a rune between titan rune or sylph awakening sometimes it would just delay your turn even further.
          Theres also been people who have been speed hacking flash as well where their turns are 2x as fast as the other team.
          It's not hacking flash, it's just exploiting a bug in the skill queue in game. I've seen people get in 3 skills to 1, did it myself a few times. All it takes is timing, and some luck, and the game lets you jump ahead. It probably came about when they tried to balance things for laggier players, and managed to make things worse. They should fix that, but it wouldn't make much difference to the overall time the fight takes.

Comment

it's nice of us to make new patches. But nothing is solved and especially not the Lag which becomes monstrous in Arena. It 's really depressing and annoying especially when we come to relax. I think I will abandon this event like many players because spending 40 minutes to make an Arena, I find this ridiculous and above all not up to the challenge, a game that wants to be at the top.

Comment

only way i see to fix arena is to make it toon v toon .. no eud no sylph no nothing .. and then it could be fun .. be it only for the few min we have left after the eud domain takes up most of the time for working ppl

Comment

Working...
              X