Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Thoughts on Mage Class and Our UNFAIR Treatment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Mage Class and Our UNFAIR Treatment

I’ve always loved playing the mage class but over the years I’ve become more & more disenchanted with the unfair and unbalanced game mechanics on the mage class in every patch. It seems the developer’s still have the old paradigm of the mage class, while completely forgetting how different things have become.

Things like a mage’s heal advantage is so outdated, so ancient, it’s become a distant memory. Mages DO NOT have heal advantage whatsoever any more. It was so in the past, in the origin of this game, but not anymore. Wake up! Stop treating the mages heal as an advantage, then you must nerf mages on some other aspect like rage generation.

Here’s a fun fact: It’s only the archer now, who still has healing skill, and not just a mere heal, but a damage-heal skill; they can attack while healing – how convenient!

Mages have many mdef boosts while the other 2 classes are patk/physical based. Mdef is only good for fighting against other mages, and yet in this game a mage doesn’t only fight other mages. What’s the point of continuing to give mages mdef boosts when the other 2 classes are physical based attack? Mdef boosts are not a mage advantage, so please stop adding them and treating them as mages having an edge against the other 2 classes!

Mage KH has passive reduce damage max of 35%, against knights 170% attack boost. Who’s gonna win? Seems like a solid plan to butcher the mage class IMO. Now consider when the damage counter is on, plus the crazy 170% attack boost passive kicks in, though mages are magic people, the magical 35% reduce damage is really not magical enough to sustain this kind of attack, don’t you think? And don’t get me started against an archer. It’s like adding insult to injury, so I’d better skip that for my own mental well-being.

What’s the reason for making the mage class have the lowest rage generation? A mage has one weak AOE (which is its basic attack), and one delphic AOE (which is useless in pvp where kids die fast anyway), and the Delphic has less attack damage compared to the other classes. In reality, a mage can only use its Delphic AOE once in a battle, thanks to the low rage generation. When the fight enters the decisive phase (the attack/damage boost timer is on), mages can only do their 2 basic attacks because of the lack of rage, while the other classes can time their ulti attacks.

Once more players have more Titan slots, rage generation will have a decisive impact on mages where the battles will last longer. The longer the fight, the more mages are at a disadvantage because of their low rage generation. Don’t tell me about the Restoration path, with the attack boost timer after a certain turn, what’s the point in having heal when it doesn’t catch up with the damage boost?

I’m getting tired of being one-shot killed by other classes with the same BR, because of their passive kicking in when they do their ulti attack after the attack/damage boost is on. Mages can never one-shot kill other classes with the same BR. Give mages a higher reduce damage passive or change it to attack boost passive too like the other classes.

Consider a scenario of a mage vs an archer with the same BR, initial rage etc. Do you really think it will be a fair fight? I know as publishers you don’t have control over the game mechanics etc, but at least you can give some constructive feedback to the developers.

When we started playing as a mage, this is not what we expected we were gonna get. We spent money, time and effort on our toons; if we knew at the start that this is what our mages would become, we would not have wasted time playing the mage class. The only mage players who still enjoy this class is the whale, against much weaker players. Yes indeed, with a smart set-up and a solid battle plan, mages can still beat stronger players, but only the “clueless” stronger players.

The battle plan for mages with such low rage generation is so disgusting. All-around, the mage is UNFAIR. For anyone that bothered to read to the end … sorry! Rant over.

lol you se mage passive ther can remove any tittan buff whit each attack ther can steal aweaking on each attack, you realy should play knight that is only good pasive we has or aoe50% ofmage and archer aoe, knights dont has best rune in game the gaurd rune who can not be remove, try fight mages and se all titan keep go away and se you keep lose aweaking each turn.

Comment

Silly mages, my team would face the sort and would be in critical condition (if they didn't kill fast enough with their AOEs) in the first round. They got the head start than any other class when it comes to launching it; the archer will have to hit a good shot (and that is if they have a good level to bring down the rage used for the AOE) in order to use it the next round; the knight will also have to do the same as well. So a team of 4 mages, all with their AOE, and Battle Oracles, can literally wipe out a team.

I guess it just depends on how it is built. If you don't think STR (through mount training as an example) is an option when training as a mage, then you're part of the rest who will leave themselves open for Phys Attack foes like archers and knights since sometimes STR gives out DEF as well. I just find out that INT give out the amount to be healed by a mage or BO and I am an archer, LOL.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

the game has evolved, but many would still say archers>knights>mages after the updates today.

in general majority of whales/cashers are probably knights>archers>mages

I would say after titan rune system and merged eudaemon, most mages dont have much value except for their aoe value.
        Other classes have higher dps and values in their skill, while some of the mage skills dont work correctly as listed.

Comment

oh look another mage whining about no heals etc.

all knighthood archer, knights, mages have 2 yes 2 skill trees. your heals are on the other skill tree. do us all a favour and "GIT GUD". learn your freaking toons
          Cyanide
          Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
          Guild: Sicario

Comment

Originally posted by R23224943 View Post
            oh look another mage whining about no heals etc.

all knighthood archer, knights, mages have 2 yes 2 skill trees. your heals are on the other skill tree. do us all a favour and "GIT GUD". learn your freaking toons
            As a mage i can say that you don't want to use the second tree since you loose all capabilities to do dmg. :P
            What does help is a good ragerune to start with and a healingrune for use lateron.

What the topicstarter doesn't realize is that once started with a ragerune u can use the Hell's requiem and take out most euds right away. And even when the opposing player uses a moontitan you still can blast right trough that. Is it enough for TT? No but in the arena you are the one who shines because you also lay an buff on all the enemy's so they take even more dmg.

Yes, being a mage sucks on some points but there are some big advantages. Another advantage is in Magic Square, mages takes out the mobs faster than any other toon since it has 2 AoE's wich hit fairly hard.

But right on the MDEF thing, the MDEF is rediculeously high and the PDEF is really low but you are up agains two toons with PATK skills. Knights also have this problem, very low MDEF but very high PDEF. Archers have both DEF's high. Next to my KH Mage i have also a KH Archer and altho it is much lower in PATK than the mage in MATK, the archer hits harder when it crits. Esp when using the AoE of the archer.

But the best tactic is to use a ragerune to start with to make up for the lack up ragebuilding and a healingrune for use lateron in the battle. Then you have the healing of the rune and the titan wich makes you hard to defeat.

And i say this al as a person who loves to complain about this game.

Comment

well I would say this get a sea witch if u want a lot of healing

Comment

As a mage myself, I do not rely on heals, not through titan skills or the Battle Oracle, I personally use the Holy Shield and the heal rune. It can be disparaging when you compare your character to another class, but you should play to your strengths not your weaknesses. Right now on my personal toon, my PDEF is only 500k lower than my MDEF and i do well against archers and knights.

With regards to Titan Temple, each skill you use you are gaining rage, why not use a choas rune. This is if it lands right, makes the enemy reduce their team's HP, sometimes even killing them. If this gives you enough rage to use your own aoe, it should be enough to take most out. If by this time your awakening is ready, sylph up and aoe the enemy. Odin is very good in Titan Temple. This is just my opinion on playing a mage.
                Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony ~ Ghandi

To report bugs visit here ... Bug Reports

Any support questions ... Support

Any videos/screenshots please follow http://www.r2games.com/support/?ac=issue&id=93

Comment

That is a good one, for most battles i also do not rely on healing (well, rune and titan) and i mainly focus on doing dmg. That is why i used a Blood Deamon (with level 7 dmg-boost skill) and it served me well. For TT it wasn't nearly enough but in most other cases this helped alot. Now that i have the Void as willpower i need to get used to it's skills since almost all skills only hit one target at the time. It hits hard but it is another type of gameplay.

Comment

mage is only a name now a day's after getting KH..

Comment

I don't know how I would do in TT without my mage...The AOE damage is a blessing....Now I am 14.9 M BR I can easily pass 6-7 tiers with 6 titans in my pocket....

Comment

this mage = mage not battle oracle... mage is not a mage anymore only the name they ***** that class up good

Comment

Originally posted by daria.jackson View Post
                          I’ve always loved playing the mage class but over the years I’ve become more & more disenchanted with the unfair and unbalanced game mechanics on the mage class in every patch. It seems the developer’s still have the old paradigm of the mage class, while completely forgetting how different things have become.

Things like a mage’s heal advantage is so outdated, so ancient, it’s become a distant memory. Mages DO NOT have heal advantage whatsoever any more. It was so in the past, in the origin of this game, but not anymore. Wake up! Stop treating the mages heal as an advantage, then you must nerf mages on some other aspect like rage generation.

Here’s a fun fact: It’s only the archer now, who still has healing skill, and not just a mere heal, but a damage-heal skill; they can attack while healing – how convenient!

Mages have many mdef boosts while the other 2 classes are patk/physical based. Mdef is only good for fighting against other mages, and yet in this game a mage doesn’t only fight other mages. What’s the point of continuing to give mages mdef boosts when the other 2 classes are physical based attack? Mdef boosts are not a mage advantage, so please stop adding them and treating them as mages having an edge against the other 2 classes!

Mage KH has passive reduce damage max of 35%, against knights 170% attack boost. Who’s gonna win? Seems like a solid plan to butcher the mage class IMO. Now consider when the damage counter is on, plus the crazy 170% attack boost passive kicks in, though mages are magic people, the magical 35% reduce damage is really not magical enough to sustain this kind of attack, don’t you think? And don’t get me started against an archer. It’s like adding insult to injury, so I’d better skip that for my own mental well-being.

What’s the reason for making the mage class have the lowest rage generation? A mage has one weak AOE (which is its basic attack), and one delphic AOE (which is useless in pvp where kids die fast anyway), and the Delphic has less attack damage compared to the other classes. In reality, a mage can only use its Delphic AOE once in a battle, thanks to the low rage generation. When the fight enters the decisive phase (the attack/damage boost timer is on), mages can only do their 2 basic attacks because of the lack of rage, while the other classes can time their ulti attacks.

Once more players have more Titan slots, rage generation will have a decisive impact on mages where the battles will last longer. The longer the fight, the more mages are at a disadvantage because of their low rage generation. Don’t tell me about the Restoration path, with the attack boost timer after a certain turn, what’s the point in having heal when it doesn’t catch up with the damage boost?

I’m getting tired of being one-shot killed by other classes with the same BR, because of their passive kicking in when they do their ulti attack after the attack/damage boost is on. Mages can never one-shot kill other classes with the same BR. Give mages a higher reduce damage passive or change it to attack boost passive too like the other classes.

Consider a scenario of a mage vs an archer with the same BR, initial rage etc. Do you really think it will be a fair fight? I know as publishers you don’t have control over the game mechanics etc, but at least you can give some constructive feedback to the developers.

When we started playing as a mage, this is not what we expected we were gonna get. We spent money, time and effort on our toons; if we knew at the start that this is what our mages would become, we would not have wasted time playing the mage class. The only mage players who still enjoy this class is the whale, against much weaker players. Yes indeed, with a smart set-up and a solid battle plan, mages can still beat stronger players, but only the “clueless” stronger players.

The battle plan for mages with such low rage generation is so disgusting. All-around, the mage is UNFAIR. For anyone that bothered to read to the end … sorry! Rant over.

I play a Mage and she is pretty badass! The trick that I found that works best is to raise up your lower stats and use Chaos Runestone.Mine is more of a attack mage than a healer. I turned her into a Crit Mage and she has 1 helluva punch. Always bring up your Defense stats. If they cant break down your defense, they cant get to your HP. Reflection shields work pretty good.In sylph mode, I have a shield that will reflect the damage right back.
                          So if you want to keep btching about your Mage, go right ahead, obviously you don't understand the concept of building up a weak toon and turning it into a killing machine If you ever played Dungeons and Dragons, you are ahead of the game as far as building up a weak toon from the start.
                          Sapphire
                          Mage Lvl.80:
                          BR:
                          106,802,118 Normal Mode
                          101,629,274 Dragon Mode
                          Server: S551 GlassMines
                          Guild: Spartans
                          Karma Will Grab You By The Hand and Lead You To Your Destiny

Comment

so many other things that could be done first.crappy skills in
                            broken space,(why new skills?why not keep the ones we already use?)
                            the fact that there are only 5 skill slots,really?
                            the other game i play i have about 14,of course some of those
                            require a parry response to use,but at least i can use a chain
                            of attacks and not a lame 'only 5 skills'.

dimensions need upgraded too,have basic/advanced/expert and
                            then a knighthood that is harder with rewards to match.
                            (we can one shot everything in expert dim.)

Comment

Working...
                            X