Farming and Picky Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farming and Picky Players

This has to do with all the Farming and Paster Stuff. Why the hell do players get so fickle about that? One person said it was considered stealing if I raid their paster? Sorry doll its part of the Game. It's NOT stealing. You plant its to share. Yes, people run out of feed to feed the rest of the animals it happens..I know it happens to mine... No need to get all uptight about it. Yes this is frustrating for me and I have lost friends due to this kinda situation and personally, they need to grow up the hell up or Get the frack off.

I guess I am one of those players who happens to fall into your opinion. For me, it's either feed them all or don't feed them at all. I don't like onesies or half-assery when it comes to my animals; it messes up the rotation that I have to sell the affected animals and rebuy them to be put/fed. Skip my farms when you go and feed; return once you used up your attempts so you can harvest if you like. On the plants bit, steal away... it's there.

I usually time my farms so I get there a few minutes before they are done. The only two exceptions would be when I am sleeping and when I am gone for more than half a day.

But I don't have to worry about that anymore. I tend to my own farms now. It's better this way.
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

There's a bit of unspoken etiquette when it comes to farms that people don't usually find out until they've done something perceived as wrong. Some, maybe most, try to maximize the reward output with the pastures, and that means keeping everything on a set timed rotation. When you feed half the animals, you've thrown off the time for them, and have effectively nerfed the overall rewards for that person which can take days to correct. I understand that completely, so I don't feed any animals unless someone specifically asks because I'm not going to make notes on who wants what done and when.

Harvesting crops for friends is technically stealing, but the amount stolen isn't a whole lot, so it really shouldn't impact the friend too much. I can understand that some people might not like having their crops stolen, or maybe they needed the full amount of the crop for something specific. I don't intentionally steal crops unless it's a revive, but I also don't care if mine are stolen.

Everyone has their own play style. It's up to you to either agree to go along with how other people want their farms to work, or remove those people from your friends list and find people who farm the way you do to be friends with.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Hence why I am not worried when others harvest my farms/animals. Again, I rather folks not to feed the animals; but, if they must feed, I would ask them to complete the entire pasture in doing so or just skip my farm to feed others and return to harvest if they like.

Myself, I don't steal from others' farms, even on revives. Even if I had to put up with the poor click field (of knowing I put the mouse on one cow, the other would be selected at a distance), I try to be careful in just calming and/or curing for the EXP. Some farms (as I kept a calculation of the total animals allowed; why is it even a thing where it should be feed always without attempts being asked), I would harvest and feed all the animals (using my attempts) evenly.

Comment

Anyone who complains about someone harvesting their pasture is crazy. You lose a few milk, but if you have enough cows to keep up, you're going to have more milk than you need anyway. Crops are another story, you do lose out significantly from people stealing.

As for feeding, I do find it annoying to have some of my animals out of sync with others, but there's no conceivable scenario when that results in me getting less from them. They're just ready for collection sooner, and they'll stay ready indefinitely.
          Leaving them collected and unfed can be a problem because you'll never see the indicator that the pasture is ready, but I find that the pasture almost never shows that anyway, so it's a minor concern.

Comment

Leaving them collected and unfed can be a problem because you'll never see the indicator that the pasture is ready, but I find that the pasture almost never shows that anyway, so it's a minor concern.
            MrFancyPants You only see the pop-up and collect indicators after you enter the farm/pasture screens, which I kind of find redundant and inane to be placed. It should be at the moment they are ready or when you are just logging into the game so you know it's ready for you to visit and collect.

Comment

I do see that happen for the tree, it pops the notification box as soon as I collect it :P
              But with the pasture, at least for me, it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I don't get any bouncing pointer thing at my farm unless it's for my crops (or kitten club, that one works too). On rare occasions it does still show the silver hand icon for pasture, but mostly not.

Comment

Kitten Club works fine to let me know when to collect.
                Tree, like you said, it pops up the moment I enter into the Farm section (both blue orb and popup box; redundant in my opinion).
                Crops, the icon pops up if I don't have a weed or bug on it; if I had either on all of them, it won't pop. Same goes for the pop up notifier as it doesn't pop up in collection until I pick off the bugs/weeds, then it pops up (again, redundant as I am in the screen already). Also, the Hot Events icon swirls (like why?) when I collect.
                Pasture, if my animals are sick or worried, the icon won't pop up. It will only pop up when I calm/cure one, and then disappear after I collect from it. It repeats the process until each has been collected and fed. I remembered a pop up used to come up for this, but like crops, it went into that abyss, never to be seen ever again.

Ever since they "optimized" this, I hated it with a passion because it's in front of the lag inducing backdrop that is the hopping and swirling icons/elements that makes collecting a chore; whereas in the past, I had enjoyed it when it was inside the homestead and you can access and collect from every farm/pasture without having to worry about lag; in fact, it's my permanent home for the six and a half days (maint time sends me back) I'm away from that big *** swirly they have for a portal to Outland (since exiting while inside the homestead will save your location in cloud city until maint resets it, of course).

Comment

whole problem of farming stealing didnt excist back when we had a booklet so we could see who did what and could take actions depending on those facts .. (now that log is in henna lab where it has no purpose at all) as u cant take direct actions with info it provides (yay he stole henna i dont need and hes on other server nor friend nor of any purpose .. well i can plunder him maybe if he ever comes up in the *cded* 3 picks for matching what i not even do in raid event as im maxed ages ago and well the cd on it with the worthless **** 5 plunders give in raid event .. isnt worth it)

i want to be able to see who steals/not feeds my animals .. and remove those without pardon from friends list so they cant continue

and a mail .. a friend bla bla bla .. isnt good enough .. what friend .. so either alter system mail .. to *name* bla bla bla .. or give booklet back to players

it affects game to the point .. i just refuse friends invited from new players .. removed 99% of friends as i cant see who does what so all go if 1 misbehaves
                  Last edited by demoniced; 11-18-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Usually, I am good when it comes to Henna Lab in nearly matching the person with the guild and then going after the ones who are around my size within that guild on a return fire. There are a few guilds I got on my kill list that I go for such. However, after getting my Henna Labs to about level 8, I stopped hunting as I was focused in picking off enough for the event (150) in one go, even when plundered.

I was disappointed when they removed the log book when they changed the layout of the farm. It was something I relied upon to lock on to the person who harvest my animals but feed them in parts. And those, I would send off a message in asking them to not feed the animals as I time them with the rest of the units I have. If they didn't heed to such the next time I see of them, they are gone from all the lists. Now, you would get lucky if you get a message that a person collected one at a time (as well feed them) so you can lock on to that. However, when folks use the Spirit Covenant, it makes it hard to lock on because it (message) begins with "A friend...".

Since then, I had decided if I wanted timing to be somewhat "perfect" I had to remove everyone else from my lists, which took me a great deal of time as there's a limit on the removal at 50 a day. And from that point, I went to put the "Reject Friend Requests" on as well to prevent any others from trying their luck and spam the request.

I don't mind folks stealing my crops/milk as all my farms are level 10 (max) land improvement and most of the time I just time them to come back before they are ready to be picked up. However, the animal feeding is what I have a peeve on since I time them all at nearly the same time (when I dive in 4 or 5 at a time, depending on team configuration and module layout). Hence, why I tell folks if they want to feed, they can skip my farms to feed others and then come back to harvest. With this optimization that happened, it's a chore to sell the affected animal(s) and then buy them back to put on and feed them myself.

Comment

all i have to say about this... if you dont want your stuff stolen dont plant it. Simple If you do not want your paster done, don't put animals down. Sometimes we run out of grass, and can't feed them all and you dont get that till a notice pops up. And being taken off the list is a bit childish if you ask me. This is part of the game. And its suppose to be fun for all but if you keep complaining about who did this and what wah wah.... how is that suppose to be fun?

Comment

if you dont want your stuff stolen dont plant it. Simple If you do not want your paster done, don't put animals down.
                        Or, we can just delete the offender who never listens, who never knows how to count to 20, and is probably a total noob. Totally simple. Problem solved.

Sometimes we run out of grass, and can't feed them all and you dont get that till a notice pops up.
                        See the first statement, learn to count and plan accordingly. It also helps to listen on which players want the feedings/partial feedings and those who do not.

And being taken off the list is a bit childish if you ask me.
                        So, you're going to cry because you're taken off the list as a result? Guess the world just ended for this to happen. Trust me, we've all been there, but it's how it is. Play on.

This is part of the game.
                        So is taking off repeat offenders who just rather be a total noob and making room for those who are willing to cooperate. A little secret here, I don't have any friends on my lists other than my units to manage my team parties with, so I am good; not that I really need any since the game is pretty much dying and people are quitting left and right for the shenanigans that are being pulled by the developers; and personally, I don't blame the players.

And its suppose to be fun for all but if you keep complaining about who did this and what wah wah.... how is that suppose to be fun?
                        It was fun until you started off complaining on how we want our farms to be done, and that we're picky. We've made our points, as well as I am sure others had done in game (or you would not bring it up), on why we have preferences. If you can't respect those wishes, then what's the point in having friends on the list (other than to tick them off in being a noob who can't count or can't take orders that sometimes they would use that language barrier excuse to get by; language barrier excuses often get the express way out with me). Would I cry over spilled milk when a person is gone from my list? Nope, I just keep on playing (and will constantly delete my "strangers list" participants since really it's of no use whatsoever).

Comment

Originally posted by kittyboomursin View Post
                          all i have to say about this... if you dont want your stuff stolen dont plant it. Simple If you do not want your paster done, don't put animals down. Sometimes we run out of grass, and can't feed them all and you dont get that till a notice pops up. And being taken off the list is a bit childish if you ask me. This is part of the game. And its suppose to be fun for all but if you keep complaining about who did this and what wah wah.... how is that suppose to be fun?
                          So because u want to pick all what is on others farms without replenishing makes you deside how we play this game?
                          If you don't feed all animals but do pick all what is there, you are to be thrown of the list. It is called a friendlist and friends do something for eachother. You only whine about fickle picky people, maybe that's the reason why people behave like that.

if you keep complaining about who did this and what wah wah...
                          But don't worry, people like you do not get on many friendlists when you behave like this all the time. U might want to grow up and change attitude because like you said, it is a game.

Comment

kitty what server u play in? and what is your name there? Because i want to make sure you are NOT on any of my friend list. Enough said because it was well argumented by others before me and i totally agree with them. YOU want players to plant for ur OWN gain..that is YOUR gameplay but WE want friends who cooperate and share the wealth of farms..you know..a community

Comment

this argument im having on a weekly basis and get worst responds ,like:
                              - If you don't want your farm stolen don't plant anything in it.. like saying to a person, don't own anything so u will never deal with thieves .
                              - empty your friend list, not having friends in list is not an option for most people
                              - you can steal it back. no i don't appreciate thievery in any shape or form
                              - its a game feature.,that fact is somehow forcing you to do it?, deleting all your items is also a game feature, yet im not seeing you doing it....,
                              in the end we wouldn't be having this argument if devs left the farm log ,..
                              in the end respect peoples wishes and have fun
                              Last edited by AdAljatlawee; 12-11-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X