Time vortex and outlands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    The devs like Titan City, and they like adding the upper end game content to it. What is the specific reason you don't like Time Vortex being included in Titan City?
    I'll give you one. Guilds only location. If you have a Guild Master who doesn't sign the guild up for Outlands, you're screwed. And if the guild master doesn't respond to messages, you're screwed. And moving to a different guild is iffy because you might end up with another deadbeat guild master and lose all your guild wealth contribution. That's ONE reason why putting it inside Outlands sucks rocks and needs to be looked at. I now have three missions set in the Outlands and can't do them because my Guild hasn't signed up for Outlands and the GM doesn't respond to messages. That a good enough reason for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jompero0 View Post
      Why is missing out something a problem ? Its same for everyone in game, think of it has one "slacking" day a month.. It's MMO, you compete against others, not the game.
      You've missed the point. It is not just missing out on one day. It is the requirement for a Guild Master to sign up the guild for the Outlands just to access the solo stuff. It's locks you out of a lot of content if you are unlucky enough to be in a small guild or a guild with a lot of inactivity. That is why it is a big deal. Moving to a new guild is not a good idea when you don't know if that guild will be the same as the old guild or not. Those are just two reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by dirose76 View Post

You've missed the point. It is not just missing out on one day. It is the requirement for a Guild Master to sign up the guild for the Outlands just to access the solo stuff. It's locks you out of a lot of content if you are unlucky enough to be in a small guild or a guild with a lot of inactivity. That is why it is a big deal. Moving to a new guild is not a good idea when you don't know if that guild will be the same as the old guild or not. Those are just two reasons.
        Why stay in a small or inactive guild? You can always ask the active members in an active guild if their leader signs up for Outlands in a timely manner every month.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

It's still a 24-48 hour window, even if the guild leader checks on when to sign up (sometimes, I would get that daffy message preventing me to sign up until it feels like it is ready in doing so), that folks are not able to do the Titan City related material (either for devotion, items, or both).

The point of this thread is trying to separate the individual aspects of Outlands from the guild aspects, so while we're waiting on the official matching and registration process of the Outland Contest, people can still do the Titan City stuff in the meantime.
          Vicious! Approach with Caution!
          Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
          Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
          Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Why stay in a small or inactive guild? You can always ask the active members in an active guild if their leader signs up for Outlands in a timely manner every month.
            I haven't left the current guild for fear that I would end up in another dying guild. I would lose all of my guild contribution, guild bank, etc. if I leave it and look for a new guild. I currently have: 99,927 guild contribution points that I built up donating to this guild over the last several years. I would lose all of that if I leave now. That's why I haven't left this guild. I've been in the same guild for almost two and a half years.

Also, "asking members in an active guild if their leader signs up for Outlands" is not as easy for some people as it may be for you. Some of us don't ever talk in local chat and there are some people who don't have a lot of friends they talk to ingame. And you have to know who is in active guilds and who isn't to do what you suggest.

I play this game as a distraction and do mostly the solo content because I play "too slow" for some people. I go afk often and I sometimes don't come back to finish for an hour or more, depending on how distracted I get in the real world. And sometimes I use this game as a way to relax before bed. Some of the tasks are repetitive in nature and can become relaxing if you're tired enough. lol

You asked earlier in this thread for arguing points for the developers to separate out the content for guilds only and the content in the Titan City and other missions, I gave you two.

As of this post, I have three missions in my log that require my having access to the Outlands and I can't access any of it. At least two of those missions are solo play. Being blocked from playing content that is meant for solo play and is behind a "Guild Only Wall" that requires a registration is very frustrating.

Hope this explains the frustrations some players are facing better.

Comment

I understand, and I appreciate your feedback, dirose. I'm not arguing because I don't agree. I very much agree that Titan City should not be under registration and should not require a guild. I would call it pretty much unanimous agreement on this topic, with the exception of the devs, and the devs are the only ones who matter when it comes to suggestions. What I'm attempting to do is poke holes in every reason until we find one that can't be poked. Feedback along the way is still very much appreciated, and will be used as supporting points for the suggestion, but we still need a solid reason that the devs can't ignore, that impacts everyone (whether they realize it or not) and somehow affects the bottom line.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Devs do matter to an extent but the players matter more. Without players, you don't have a game. Make it too frustrating and people will start playing other games from other companies. That's not a threat, that's just a fact. js

Comment

Where I have a problems with this is always been matched with players WAY OP. I mean cmon i dont have a problem being faced with stronger players but can we agree there should be a range of power in matching? We all rdy have a 'level restriction'..would it be that hard to do it with BR..same thing..every 10M u switch bracket. I AM a paying customer..pay VIP every month..buy balen..contribute to keep the game alive BUT atm im 8M br and i have to face 20-30-40M br players just to get the chance to have 1...yeah 1 talisman chest. Those 40M br player..who's been playing for a few yrs..should have a class of their own and not being matched against new players under 10M

Comment

Originally posted by dragonian9 View Post
                    Where I have a problems with this is always been matched with players WAY OP. I mean cmon i dont have a problem being faced with stronger players but can we agree there should be a range of power in matching? We all rdy have a 'level restriction'..would it be that hard to do it with BR..same thing..every 10M u switch bracket. I AM a paying customer..pay VIP every month..buy balen..contribute to keep the game alive BUT atm im 8M br and i have to face 20-30-40M br players just to get the chance to have 1...yeah 1 talisman chest. Those 40M br player..who's been playing for a few yrs..should have a class of their own and not being matched against new players under 10M
                    Separation of any sort encourages stripping and camping, neither of which are good for new or weaker players. I won't see another talisman chest for quite some time myself, but I accept that Time Vortex isn't catered toward my level of strength. Time Vortex is mostly for those players who don't have much left to do in the game because they've maxed it out. As they progress through the maps and battle it out for the upper tier chests, you may find the lower maps a bit more habitable.

Originally posted by dirose76 View Post
                    Devs do matter to an extent but the players matter more. Without players, you don't have a game. Make it too frustrating and people will start playing other games from other companies. That's not a threat, that's just a fact. js
                    I did not mean that players don't matter. I meant that when it comes to agreeing on implementing a suggestion, the devs are what matters. Developers have a direction they want to take their product in, and while most developers do their best to include feedback, they still follow a planned out direction. There's been very popular suggestions made over the years that would have benefited everyone at the time, but long term didn't fit in with the grand scope of things. I just wish we received feedback from the devs on what they thought of the suggestions we forwarded to them so that we would know what they were looking for. Currently, we're just going off the recent changes made that were based on recent feedback, and trying to follow the same model, and hoping for the best.

Comment

I did not mean that players don't matter. I meant that when it comes to agreeing on implementing a suggestion, the devs are what matters. Developers have a direction they want to take their product in, and while most developers do their best to include feedback, they still follow a planned out direction. There's been very popular suggestions made over the years that would have benefited everyone at the time, but long term didn't fit in with the grand scope of things. I just wish we received feedback from the devs on what they thought of the suggestions we forwarded to them so that we would know what they were looking for. Currently, we're just going off the recent changes made that were based on recent feedback, and trying to follow the same model, and hoping for the best.
                      I need to find a more active guild. I dunno what happened to mine. I left for a few months to concentrate on Relay for Life and came back to barely anyone logging in anymore, the guild master not responding to messages, etc. I hesitate to just up and leave because I don't know many people and don't know which one's are active and which aren't. Asking in local chat wouldn't really work...someone could say that their guild is active but then when I get in, I could find that they aren't....It would be nice if the developers would explain why they blocked the access to guild master registration when there's solo content in there too...

Comment

Working...
                      X