Patch 7.7 feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 7.7 feedback

Now that everyone has had a little bit of time playing some of the new features in patch 7.7 is there any suggestions, or things you like and do not like about it? Do you like or dislike the new dragonchant? Do you enjoy Time Cavern or joining friends to beat the Time Rift?
    When posting about bugs please include your IGN, platform and server.

Well. It's funny you asked on our take on this new patch, so I guess I will be the first to voice my feedback.

On Dragonchant
    I am not going to lie to you in saying that Dragonchant was a bit fun (yes, I passed 3 challenges to test it out with my "best" units in the bunch). However, I am a bit stumped in asking how are we going to get more talisman chests (seeing that I was given some that are either duplicate or didn't coincide with the main class' attribute: mages, matk; archers/knights, patk)? Do those challenges reset so we can get more chests? Or, are we stuck until we either advance further up the chain (in terms of development of our characters and challenging the dungeons to get more) or give up on the fact the map lord is of someone who probably spends a lot to get some high BR that we cannot touch even if we wanted to fight and dethrone to get those hourly gifts?

Right now, it's just a piece of junk at its early stages of development, but if things were good, it might be something that I can stay a while.

Suggestion: Have us get more ways of getting more talisman chests. Add them into blitzes if you must. And if that happens, you will see people staying on to farm on such.

On Time Cavern
    I guess I got ahead of myself in the last segment, LOL. It's not too bad considering it's like "end game" material. Could do with more than 10 measly attempts, though, along with more talisman chests for those of us who had the dishonor of getting an MATK talisman when our class is an Archer or Knight or getting duplicate ones and nothing for the rest of the circle (I got empty spots on mine that need of a few but can't use the ones I got as they are slotted in some way).

Suggestion: See previous segment.

On Performance Issues
    I don't know why we are connecting to some of R2's dialup servers when we are playing the game? Anywhere else, everything goes well; but when we get to Wartune (or even R2), it's like the 405. Lag, lag, lag, LAG!!! I mean, come on, you folks are smart (or at least I can play along in assuming such) so why does it feel like it would take rocket science to just fix that issue alone?

Suggestion: See my previous posts, suggestions, feedback within this forum and through my survey submissions on the suggestions for such as I am kind of tired and I am going to hit the desk (had a long day).

More to come....
    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Meikura have mostly said everything there is to say but i would add a suggestion on the reset part, make it like the weekly dungeon..once a week u can reset the challenges or maybe reset at least 10 att to avoid ppl getting too much talisman since you guys wanted this to be 'end' game material. As meikura said...and it has been asked many times...please fix the damn lag ^^. adding more content on top of the usual lag is making the game get worse everytime. Your 'cows' will end up in another pasture someday lol

Comment

Talimans - need another way to get these. Im a decent BR 14m, and im stuck on 2-3 of the maps. I dont want to enchant some talismans as they are not the ones i want to use for set piece items. You dont get extra EXP from ones enchanted (still just shows as +10). If you got the exp invested back or 1/2 it might be worth it.

Soul eater skill - annoying sound bug. Game sound muted but use this skill and it blurts it out your speakers - so annoying.
        Rifts - just plain too hard. As its all new, teh highest br's in the game are taking all spots. Heard you need grp of 4x40m br just to beat um. Which is insane unless your heavy casher or 4-5+years playing. Id suggest maybe lvl capping each map but then that wouldnt be fair on higher brs either, more fighting on the higher maps. So not sure whats best way to do this.

Impaling Ice skill - Stun target for 2 turns. Never seen this activate. If this skill worked, it would make the Freeze skill tree viable. Without it, i feel its not. Is this a bug? Doesnt work on bosses,mobs or players.

Terra grass - Where is this obtained? Rest items are ingame, this is final one that cant be found anywhere. Why have content that you cant do???

Talisman enchant/awaken - How does this work exactly? Id of thought enchanting to max and then awakening to next rarity level would be way to go to max. So you enchant to max, that max stat then becomes the green substat. This however is not the case.
        Green max pdef talisman
        Green 88441 and sub stat white 62000.
        Awaken to blue: Blue stat 103592, sub stats white62000 and green74300
        Looks more like awakening just resets the sub stats?

Blitzing Time Cavern - Does this actually work? For start it says it takes stamina and looks more like it will blize the normal campaign map. Scared to try it!!

titan temple buffs - What happened here, seen loads peeps mentioned but no offical response? Is it bug and being sorted, is it not changing???

S716 - Randy

Comment

Dragonchant:

In order to unlock it a player won't encounter any problems. Doing the maps however is another story, the first few might be hard for smaller players (tip: use pots, scrolls and milk-tea) but the first two could be done. After the first page the curve gets steep and one needs a lot of power to conquer next spots. It might be difficult to get new talismans but once u get all the matching green ones things get better. What i like is the blitzingpart, it only takes 10 mins (or 5 balens to skip) and the exp-stones do add some nice power to the talismans. Overall, nice new thing in the game.

Time Vortex:

Battling the players to take over a spot is next to impossible. On rare moments a weaker player is on a spot but it takes luck to encounter one. The timerifts can't be done without a strong team. Together with the strongest player on our server i've managed to get 4 legendary talismans wich do very good when it comes to BR and power. When you can't make a team with a total of 50 mill BR then you are sc.ewed because the chances to win a time-rift is next to nothing.

My stronger toons are able to beat some players inthere but on another server where i have 2 weak toons i have great difficulties to clear just the normal map. But since it is an end-game thing i don't mind.

Overall game-performance:

The game really reacts sluggish on most operations. Entering World Boss, omg, nearly miss out on devotion just because the movement is so slow. Same as guild beast, we all wait till one certain moment to attack the beast all at the same time. Well, when everyone starts moving the game completely freezes. Walking trough cloud city also slowed down in comparison with before the patch. The patch did add a ton of extra lag and we already created many tickets to get rid of the lag we already had. So now we haven even more of it.

My computer?
          Ryzen 7 1700
          12GB DDR4 3200 RAM
          AMD R9 285 (same as R9 390)

My internetconnection?
          40Mb/s up / 400Mb/s down ping to server is 129ms (Amsterdam to China where the server is).

The lag is so bad right now.

Comment

The main issue I have with time vortex is the time rifts. They are just a little too hard. We tried a time rift, not sure of the br of that person but our team was a 27 mil, 26 mil, and 2 30 mil players and we could not put a dent in him. Unless you can get into a team with a few of your servers strongest, the average player does not stand a chance to do time rift.

And the biggest issue with this patch is the lag. Right after the patch, I was taking 4 minutes to refresh. It has become a little better but still taking longer than usual to refresh. And each time I do refresh, it takes forever to open up everything again.

Comment

How do we gain new orange chests? I've completed all the 'campaigns' and got a decent amount but these can't be improved by engulfing unless you earn more. At 25m br you cannot hold onto a post long enough to earn a single chest as you will be kicked off it by someone 40m+ within 5 minutes. Even if you take one at 1am.

The rift bosses with a meaningful reward are next to impossible with our team of 140m br, how are lower players supposed to get any return? It doesn't help that they spam guardian rune at every opportunity.

Rift bosses also get some kind of berserk that isn't indicated anywhere other than suddenly it deals 50x damage and wipes your team.

Why does stun only work around one in ten attempts? it does not make any claim of 'chance to stun', only that it will.

Now that they are pushing us all into the same 2 skill trees, effectively removing classes, why do knights still not have the utterly overpowered guardian rune? It leaves us at a massive disadvantage. Actually, why does it even exist at all? It should be 35% dmg reduction as per the apollo's shield it was meant to originally compensate for,

If you use talismans to enchant why do green to orange all enchant 10 points? Surely the much more difficult to obtain orange ones should give more points.

Double dmg debuffs of the same type don't seem to stack on the time vortex monsters. I was using 2 mages with dmnation, 45%+35%. I was having trouble staying alive ( you know, cos knights don't get guardian rune, cos game balance is irrelevant to the devs) so I changed to a damnation and a sea witch but attacks still dealt the same amount of damage with a 45% buff compared to a 45+35 buff.

Comment

Impaling Ice skill - Stun target for 2 turns. Never seen this activate. If this skill worked, it would make the Freeze skill tree viable. Without it, i feel its not. Is this a bug? Doesnt work on bosses,mobs or players.
                R224384998 On my lowest BR unit (near 3 mil), I've seen that skill work a few times. Maybe it's because of the battles I am facing doesn't have the "head" icon (immunity to stun) on their life bar when fighting. It got me up ahead in Lord's Trial (except the bosses at the 5 levels bit since they are stun immune) than I was before as I watch them sat stunned. Too bad the Dragonchant is Class Advanced required else I would have my sweet revenge on those pesky bats in the Void right about now (Take that).
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Ere View Post
                  How do we gain new orange chests? I've completed all the 'campaigns' and got a decent amount but these can't be improved by engulfing unless you earn more. At 25m br you cannot hold onto a post long enough to earn a single chest as you will be kicked off it by someone 40m+ within 5 minutes. Even if you take one at 1am.

The rift bosses with a meaningful reward are next to impossible with our team of 140m br, how are lower players supposed to get any return? It doesn't help that they spam guardian rune at every opportunity.

Rift bosses also get some kind of berserk that isn't indicated anywhere other than suddenly it deals 50x damage and wipes your team.

Why does stun only work around one in ten attempts? it does not make any claim of 'chance to stun', only that it will.

Now that they are pushing us all into the same 2 skill trees, effectively removing classes, why do knights still not have the utterly overpowered guardian rune? It leaves us at a massive disadvantage. Actually, why does it even exist at all? It should be 35% dmg reduction as per the apollo's shield it was meant to originally compensate for,

If you use talismans to enchant why do green to orange all enchant 10 points? Surely the much more difficult to obtain orange ones should give more points.

Double dmg debuffs of the same type don't seem to stack on the time vortex monsters. I was using 2 mages with dmnation, 45%+35%. I was having trouble staying alive ( you know, cos knights don't get guardian rune, cos game balance is irrelevant to the devs) so I changed to a damnation and a sea witch but attacks still dealt the same amount of damage with a 45% buff compared to a 45+35 buff.
                  You are 25 mil br and beat all the maps in vortex? I am 27 mil and stuck on Hall of Judgement in Demon Void. Maybe holding the map long enough to get chests depends on your cs region. For the most part, when I get a map, I am able to hold it for 4 hours without anyone taking it from me.

Comment

Still no chance at all to get any reward. Almost got to an hour, I entered the post at 2am while on night shift, still can't get 1hr. you should not be allowed to be attacked until 1 hour passes. I know I'm wasting my time here though since they never make changes for the better, cos **** what the players need.

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post
                      Dragonchant:

My internetconnection?
                      40Mb/s up / 400Mb/s down ping to server is 129ms (Amsterdam to China where the server is).

The lag is so bad right now.
                      My internet connection is half that rate. I decided to change Firefox for Pale Moon. The difference is enormous.
                      Server: S126 - Wilderiver
                      Character: Urania
                      Class: Knight

Comment

I use Maxxthon and Firefox as browser wich works the best in my case. Chrome and Edge are too slow somehow. Pale moon i only use under Linux.

Comment

I quite like the new dragon chant my only issue is with getting chests. Firstly 7 post for legendary chests even though I have completed the maps staying on a post for 1 hour is impossible with them taken up by the +60 mill br players 24 hours a day. Come o 7 posts for all servers it would be hard enough if it was just our server. Should be restricted to one four hour run every day. Time vortex the other source of legendary chests OMG even with a team of four 30 mill + toons there is as much chance as it snowing on the moon as killing the map lord. Lag is so bad you get one small hit and one Delphic from your sylph before all awakening points are gone by the time you could sylph again the shadow has gone mad and killed you all in one hit, having spoken to many this is the same for all in all rift fights, no such problem for the shadow though. Nice idea nice gameplay, but again the thought and execution of the bits surrounding it leaves it unplayable at worse at best impossible to gain rewards except for the few.

Comment

On time rift do like our CS group is doing. Work together and keep naked players in the 2 spots on the last map. That way everyone can get legend chests. The dragonchant system is perfectly fine the way it is. You just need some interguild cooperation to make it work out good for all involved.

Comment

Again it's the superstrong players which mess this game up, making it unplayable and making other players lose their interest.
                              Server: S126 - Wilderiver
                              Character: Urania
                              Class: Knight

Comment

Working...
                              X