New Sky Trail possession thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sky Trail possession thing

Ok, seriously...??? As if it is not hard enough for ANY low player to hold onto a post in the new Vortex thing you now make the sky trail possession event also cross server... why?
    If you are going to make these things cross server you may as well just merge ALL the servers together and be done with it... this is stupid.

I donĀ“t mind that there are elements in the game wich are very hard to do, that makes having a reason to grow for. The possession element looks as a good thing but it doesn't work in this form. What you see in Time Vortex is that very strong players are occupying spots wich are ment for weaker players. The rewards from these spots aren't usefull for the strong players since they already have the orange equipment on their dragonchants. And keep in mind that the rewards you get from it only yield 10 exp per item, it isn't worthed for strong players.

That said i'd like some form of change. Once a player gets hold on a location, let there be a cooldown towards the first reward. A cooldown where a player cannot be attacked by others. What happens now is that you get a spot and 5 mins after you are kicked from it by a player who is way stronger. I have 25mill BR and i have never kept a spot for longer than 15 mins. I cannot say it is unfair because this is how the game-mechanics work but changes have to be made in order to keep it fun for all players.

For example, i have a toon on S100 with a BR of 4 mill. I have not all dragonchant-equipment sets complete and therefore i need to beat more bosses. This can't be done so the only thing i can do is take a spot and hope for the best. If i can't do that with 25mill BR, how should i do this with this tiny toon? Sure, i can ask strong players to do a Rift-Lord with me but that should not be the only way to get equipment.

With some tiny changes it would be more fun to do, i don't want things to be handed out on a silver plate but just a one hour cooldown after taking a spot so we can get the first reward. Many players aren't even thinking of taking spots because it is useless to do, not worth the trouble.

To see that there is coming exact the same gameplay in Sky Trail upsets me a bit, the developers keep adding things to the game without finetuning the others implementations. Time will tell how this goes but if i can make a prediction then it would be about the new Sky trail only for the very strong (cashing) players.

Comment

It took me close to an hour of searching & fighting to find a player that I could beat (i'm 33mill BR) when I look in my space i've held for over 2 hours but no rewards sent, even wierder is that in the panel to the left of screen, it shows over 40 minutes difference in possession time! ***? Once again more events rushed out without proper de-bugging & testing! my lag has now increased so much that I get only 1 hit in WB!
      S135 - Knight current Br just over 44 Million and rising! Trying not to cash, but sometimes will, especially after pay day!

Comment

Idk why this is crossserver, i am on a new server, got lucky, 4 rat pendants but for the rest, i have to wait untill a play exceeds time limit or hope i can beat a nooby br on old servers...

Comment

Top 100 when its cross server is ridiculous. should be 100+ reward or make it per server. Worst implementation I've seen from R2 in a longtime..
          Why do a new thing when only top 100 in all servers can get anything. NOT well thought out at all by the devs.
          S634 Archer 19 Mil BR

Comment

a complete fail yet again,just like dragonchant possession and that worthless
            titan temple where you have to have a 38+ mil battle-rating to even try it.how
            about a dev just admitting that they are casher features designed to keep them
            far ahead of other players so they can keep cashing in?

Comment

Originally posted by Buuurman View Post
              I donĀ“t mind that there are elements in the game wich are very hard to do, that makes having a reason to grow for. The possession element looks as a good thing but it doesn't work in this form. What you see in Time Vortex is that very strong players are occupying spots wich are ment for weaker players. The rewards from these spots aren't usefull for the strong players since they already have the orange equipment on their dragonchants. And keep in mind that the rewards you get from it only yield 10 exp per item, it isn't worthed for strong players.

That said i'd like some form of change. Once a player gets hold on a location, let there be a cooldown towards the first reward. A cooldown where a player cannot be attacked by others. What happens now is that you get a spot and 5 mins after you are kicked from it by a player who is way stronger. I have 25mill BR and i have never kept a spot for longer than 15 mins. I cannot say it is unfair because this is how the game-mechanics work but changes have to be made in order to keep it fun for all players.

For example, i have a toon on S100 with a BR of 4 mill. I have not all dragonchant-equipment sets complete and therefore i need to beat more bosses. This can't be done so the only thing i can do is take a spot and hope for the best. If i can't do that with 25mill BR, how should i do this with this tiny toon? Sure, i can ask strong players to do a Rift-Lord with me but that should not be the only way to get equipment.

With some tiny changes it would be more fun to do, i don't want things to be handed out on a silver plate but just a one hour cooldown after taking a spot so we can get the first reward. Many players aren't even thinking of taking spots because it is useless to do, not worth the trouble.

To see that there is coming exact the same gameplay in Sky Trail upsets me a bit, the developers keep adding things to the game without finetuning the others implementations. Time will tell how this goes but if i can make a prediction then it would be about the new Sky trail only for the very strong (cashing) players.
              It does seem like all these vortex lord, rift boss, sky trail occupancy, etc. are just for the top few who could stay in there, even though anything lower than orange chests is completely useless for those who could occupy a green post until the CD ends.

I've done the experiment.
              One 4.5-year-old toon (took 1.5 years off) full time playing, doing all runs, all events, all devo, etc., taking up 3-10 hours per day.
              The other 2-month-old new 100% free toon doing nothing but hot events and 2 dungeon runs, taking up 10-30 minutes per day including 2 dungeon runs and various farm & treasure help to the old toon.
              Now, 1.5 months later, their dragonchant BR improvement is almost the same (both in the 7M range)!
              And no I did not use the old toon to carry the new one. He's too far small to carry anyone on rift runs. Both had to be carried if we want any rift wins, even though one is 11x the BR of the other to begin with. The extra 20M only helps the old one survive 2 extra hits against a rift boss (if the rift lord doesn't strip talismans and skills).
              What do I see lacking in here? It's motivation! My 3-10 hours a day on a well-built old toon didn't reward me much better than my 10-30 minutes a day on a new starter toon with purple atoll sylphs, white eudaemon gears, lvl11 clothing, lvl30 hero gear set, & lvl23 soul engraving (too lazy to do runs or arch; just bought the materials from guild shop). And because of combo points, not even the extra initial rage made enough difference in skill usage. Do I feel motivated to play for 3-10 hours a day? Not really. 10-30 minutes a day is probably enough, since the difference is so small. I did spend a little on the old one, and still have vip9 on it after I activated a 1-hour vip trial card. But now it hardly makes any difference since I won't get the better rewards regardless. It might make a bigger difference after I've unlocked duel sylphs & willpowers, and higher astral elevation, but that would take some time, and I'm not sure if the new one would also get those things by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by r263360269 View Post
                ok, seriously...??? As if it is not hard enough for any low player to hold onto a post in the new vortex thing you now make the sky trail possession event also cross server... Why?
                If you are going to make these things cross server you may as well just merge all the servers together and be done with it... This is stupid.
                what he said!

Comment

This isn't going to be better soon.

I messed with these pendants and because i've got lucky to get 40 of these pendants i recycled them all to see what engraving does.The raise in stats is quite significant but you need tons of pendants to recycle so don't expect the high-rollers to settle down after getting a full set. They need to occupy more and more in order to have higher engravings. What do we have, 170 spots to occupy? The top 100 isn't in our reach to conquer but the players from # 101 ~ # 170 aren't weak too.

The spots i take have players on it who are 3 hours on it. I know that when i kick them off they get the 3 hour-rewards. It's better not to kick players off their spot for under 3 hours since they won't get any rewards. This new thing is implemented but again it relies on a gentlemen-agreement (like undressing in Vortex is).

Comment

This isn't going to be better soon.

I messed with these pendants and because i've got lucky to get 40 of these pendants i recycled them all to see what engraving does.The raise in stats is quite significant but you need tons of pendants to recycle so don't expect the high-rollers to settle down after getting a full set. They need to occupy more and more in order to have higher engravings. What do we have, 170 spots to occupy? The top 100 isn't in our reach to conquer but the players from # 101 ~ # 170 aren't weak too.
                    Yes, time vortex has a built-in limit to the benefit you get from holding a spot, but that's far less true in sky trail. Lower level players will be essentially permanently locked out, unless they're on a low enough population server cluster. I'm lucky to be in a relatively low activity server group, but even there we'll have plenty of players who get nothing or almost nothing from it.

Comment

The top 100 isn't in our reach to conquer but the players from # 101 ~ # 170 aren't weak too.
                      The top 100 are quite within reach of killing - I'm not in the top 100, but I can kill the majority of them when it's just the AI. You just need to figure out how to out play the AI and work around their titan setup, then you can kill people much bigger than you (most people won't keep fighting you for the spot if you come back and knock them off).

Comment

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post

The top 100 are quite within reach of killing - I'm not in the top 100, but I can kill the majority of them when it's just the AI. You just need to figure out how to out play the AI and work around their titan setup, then you can kill people much bigger than you (most people won't keep fighting you for the spot if you come back and knock them off).
                        You are right there, the AI tends to repeat the same cycle over and over so after 2 battles one can know what skill is up next. In this case i was more speaking for the more lower ranked players since they most of times cannot use that in advantage.

BTW, kicking off the players who kicked you off works, players who got kicked of are not willing to have another go at you and seek for another victim. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
                          a complete fail yet again,just like dragonchant possession and that worthless
                          titan temple where you have to have a 38+ mil battle-rating to even try it.how
                          about a dev just admitting that they are casher features designed to keep them
                          far ahead of other players so they can keep cashing in?
                          I managed to beat lvl one of Titan Temple (before willpowers came in) when I was around 10m BR. After they came in it was much harder... However, they did double all the buffs you get when in TT... are you aware of that? When did you last try? I am now 28m and can one attempt kill the first 3-4 lvls in TT, so I am not convinced your comment that you need to be 38m to even try it is accurate.
                          One of the things I used to do in order to beat lvl 1 TT was to actually remove my paen of life titan skill. I found that by dying before the sea witches, BO's or Friggas had a chance meant that on attempt 2 they were already at half life... thus making it easier. Pretty sure if my 28m BR mage, my 26m BR Archer and my 18m BR knight can all beats lvl 1 of TT, most players should be able to do same.

Comment

You are right there, the AI tends to repeat the same cycle over and over so after 2 battles one can know what skill is up next. In this case i was more speaking for the more lower ranked players since they most of times cannot use that in advantage.
                            Yeah, but the lower br players can play the lower levels where there are less rewards - none of the big brs are going to go there; they will go after the highest level of rewards they can, so all the bigger players will probably be in the top 2 groups of rewards, so if the lower brs are happy to play in the lower 2 groupings of rewards, should be much easier there (and that matches with what I see in my cluster - all the lower levels are low brs)/

Originally posted by R263360269 View Post
                            I am now 28m and can one attempt kill the first 3-4 lvls in TT, so I am not convinced your comment that you need to be 38m to even try it is accurate.
                            That is correct - at 38m br you should be beating all the stages in 1 hit. Late last year (pre doubling bonuses) I stripped down to ~16m br and beat tt - it might need a little more br now, but tt is beatable at much lower brs than people think; it's just a matter of figuring out what you need to do and using a bit of strategy.

Comment

it is aways about the dam cashers

Comment

Working...
                              X