New Sky Trail possession thing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miranda_psi View Post

Yeah, but the lower br players can play the lower levels where there are less rewards - none of the big brs are going to go there; they will go after the highest level of rewards they can, so all the bigger players will probably be in the top 2 groups of rewards, so if the lower brs are happy to play in the lower 2 groupings of rewards, should be much easier there (and that matches with what I see in my cluster - all the lower levels are low brs .
    Not really sure if that's the case. Tbh, I rarely see people from newer servers (S720 up) on checking sky trail between 8 AM until 12 noon (US East server time) - it seems this is within active gameplay hours, probably lasting until 9 or 10 PM US East. Between that time, people from older servers usually dominate sky trail, even the lower levels (not enough spots to keep all the big players/cashers occupied). Best chance for a lower BR to hold a post is usually during early server hours (i.e., right after server reset).

Comment

all r2 games servers are argent punks thay think thay are god thay are nothing but over power punks that dont have balls i was on my post for 57 mins and JaBy to kick me off pick on somebody your own size not a samll player u punk

Comment

Originally posted by R263360269 View Post

I managed to beat lvl one of Titan Temple (before willpowers came in) when I was around 10m BR. After they came in it was much harder... However, they did double all the buffs you get when in TT... are you aware of that? When did you last try? I am now 28m and can one attempt kill the first 3-4 lvls in TT, so I am not convinced your comment that you need to be 38m to even try it is accurate.
        One of the things I used to do in order to beat lvl 1 TT was to actually remove my paen of life titan skill. I found that by dying before the sea witches, BO's or Friggas had a chance meant that on attempt 2 they were already at half life... thus making it easier. Pretty sure if my 28m BR mage, my 26m BR Archer and my 18m BR knight can all beats lvl 1 of TT, most players should be able to do same.
        got a 21 mil br,titan stuff in all likelihood is lowest of any server (not
        counting new players) train/animate/energize are barely have anything
        to them.angel of light is the only willpower i got,still level 8 after all this
        time.i dunno,tried it again and got nowhere.don't help i don't really care
        about the game so don't play much anymore.just pop in to kill time so the
        mage just dies all the time cause not set up worth ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalaripayattu View Post

Not really sure if that's the case. Tbh, I rarely see people from newer servers (S720 up) on checking sky trail between 8 AM until 12 noon (US East server time) - it seems this is within active gameplay hours, probably lasting until 9 or 10 PM US East. Between that time, people from older servers usually dominate sky trail, even the lower levels (not enough spots to keep all the big players/cashers occupied). Best chance for a lower BR to hold a post is usually during early server hours (i.e., right after server reset).
          Never seen any decent sized player in the lower levels... Why would they bother with those when there's heaps of room in the higher reward areas?

I'm not one of the giant players, yet I can quite easily find a spot in the higher levels at any time of the day. That involves kicking people at times, but that is the nature of the game, and people do it back to me - I accept that and quite happily kick them back

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post
          angel of light is the only willpower i got.
          Using the angel (or any other willpower) is a good way to handicap yourself in Titan Temple.

Comment

I'm not one of the giant players, yet I can quite easily find a spot in the higher levels at any time of the day. That involves kicking people at times, but that is the nature of the game, and people do it back to me - I accept that and quite happily kick them back
            That's good, but not everybody can do that and retaliate back. For one, a fairly competitive BR is needed to pull that off. Strategizing is a part indeed to steal back your post, but if the BR gap is too much, there's nothing you can really do. Most spot holders are cashers or long-time players with high battle ratings. Which why I proposed changes in sky trail (another thread) so that everyone has a chance to enjoy this new feature, not just the high BR players, not just the cashers.
            Last edited by Kalaripayattu; 03-12-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arandeath View Post

got a 21 mil br,titan stuff in all likelihood is lowest of any server (not
              counting new players) train/animate/energize are barely have anything
              to them.angel of light is the only willpower i got,still level 8 after all this
              time.i dunno,tried it again and got nowhere.don't help i don't really care
              about the game so don't play much anymore.just pop in to kill time so the
              mage just dies all the time cause not set up worth ****.
              a) if it was true that you "dont really care about the game" then why moan?
              b) tried it again... with a lvl 21 toon and "got nowhere"? Sorry I just dont believe it. My 18m br toon can kill lvl 1 titan using only 1 attempt.
              c) "train/animate/energize are barely have anything"... going to translate this to mean that you have not managed to do much titan training, animation or energizing because you lack the materials? See, this why people who "rarely play" shouldnt throw stones. The game drowned us in animation stones during both its Christmas and Chinese New Years events..... most players I know, even non-cashers, were getting around 30k of stones per event, as for energizing IF you did play the game fully and properly and took the time (boring as it is) to collect all the gifts laying around you would have plenty of those also...
              d) a mage with an angel of light? Really? Sorry have no sympathy for players who wont read the information available before deciding which WP to get etc. My mage (29m br now - just 8m more than yours) can one hit kill the first 2-3 lvls, then can one attempt kill the remaining 5-6 lvls. This same mage has been killing lvl 1 since it was around 10m BR.
              e) Wartune isnt set up for casual players who can not invest either time or money.... you need to do one to get anywhere in this game. This isnt one of those "kill time" games, thats why Candy Crush exits lol.... long story short - dont moan about how badly you are performing in the game if you are not investing any time in it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kalaripayattu View Post

That's good, but not everybody can do that and retaliate back. For one, a fairly competitive BR is needed to pull that off. Strategizing is a part indeed to steal back your post, but if the BR gap is too much, there's nothing you can really do. Most spot holders are cashers or long-time players with high battle ratings. Which why I proposed changes in sky trail (another thread) so that everyone has a chance to enjoy this new feature, not just the high BR players, not just the cashers.
                Agree, retaliating is not always a plausible strategy. I like to get my friend whose BR is much more than mine to kick players who kick me, but that may also not be an option for you. Although I have completed sky tail I now open it, go straight to the lvl 14-16s to find an empty spot, less likely to be kicked from there, though it has happened.

Comment

Never seen any decent sized player in the lower levels... Why would they bother with those when there's heaps of room in the higher reward areas?
                  Because everywhere else is filled and they don't want to be kicked off by a bigger guy or having two players keep kicking off each other with neither getting any rewards.
                  Normally I don't see anyone with a timer > 1 hour and a BR < 30 million on stages 1-5.
                  Some of the 50m+ do prefer to sleep in the lower levels than fighting in the higher levels.
                  For the unranked ones, I beat their AI only half the time, so they won't be anywhere lower than 30m.
                  30m is low overall but possibly the upper limit for most players as I don't know of any free or tiny spenders over 30m.
                  Not that I think everyone is entitled to everything, but free and small players are the majority, it's necessary to give them some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post
                    Because everywhere else is filled and they don't want to be kicked off by a bigger guy or having two players keep kicking off each other with neither getting any rewards.
                    Normally I don't see anyone with a timer &gt; 1 hour and a BR &lt; 30 million on stages 1-5.
                    Some of the 50m+ do prefer to sleep in the lower levels than fighting in the higher levels.
                    For the unranked ones, I beat their AI only half the time, so they won't be anywhere lower than 30m.
                    30m is low overall but possibly the upper limit for most players as I don't know of any free or tiny spenders over 30m.
                    As a non-cacher you can get up to around 35m br, but depends on your build...
                    Knights at that level have ~1m+ br from their extra HP
                    Death Spectre gives 4m br or so more than say a witch
                    Focusing on hp gives lots of br, though can make your toon weak
                    etc.

I rarely see anyone over 30m on the lower stages - they're all on the higher levels where I am too, though could be different in your cluster (I can only comment on what I see in mine). As for the AIs, so far I have a 100% success rate and that is including players in the 60m+ br range (over double my br).

Not that I think everyone is entitled to everything, but free and small players are the majority, it's necessary to give them some hope.
                    There is absolutely no hope they can match the br of cashers - never has been, however they can progress their toons well and compete with them to a certain extent. For free players, they have plenty of opportunity in sky trail if they have progressed far enough (these new features build upon what comes before). For the low br players that can't compete for spots, there are empty spots all over the place, especially at the later hours they can make use of and they have the rest of the game to make use of to gain the strength to compete with...

If you have taken advantage of most of what the game offers before sky this new sky trail feature, then you will be strong enough to compete in it - ig you can't, then I only see a few possibilities:

1) You haven't actually taken advantage of everything else and have plenty of room to grow (and quickly)
                    2) You have made some bad toon design decision - look at how you have built your toon and compare to the successful players and make some changes
                    3) You need to spent some time refining you strategy and tactics so you can compete - if you don't have the brute force of the cashers, you're going to need to use what you have to their best effect.

Comment

...there are empty spots all over the place..., especially at the later hours ...
                      Not really. It's all filled for most of the time. Lots people from other timezones to keep the game going like 24x7 (maybe not this much but almost).

...could be different in your cluster...
                      That explains it

My cross-server is not strong, but kind of active, with lots in the mid range (25-50m).
                      I'd say, half the victims could take back the post, but if the looter is still online, chances are some just keep coming back, with neither being able to get any rewards.
                      That's why the mids have to go after the smalls to get the rewards, and the smalls have little to no chance.

I just witnessed 2 people kept fighting for a few hours tonight, with neither willing to "submit to the not-so-nice-opponent". That isn't fun for either end IMHO, and their bullhorn spam is annoying and laggy.

As a non-cacher you can get up to around 35m br...
                      I haven't seen one so far, but I believe in the possibility

There is absolutely no hope they can match the br of cashers...
                      Let's say, if a game feature is totally unreachable by > 85% of the population, it's probably time to make some revision.
                      That's what should happen. Doesn't mean it had happened or is happening.
                      Most likely > 85% of the population still can't clear Titan Temple or Time Vortex. They just worked around it by not needing to do it.

As for the AIs, so far I have a 100% success rate and that is including players in the 60m+ br range (over double my br).
                      So we are about the same
                      I haven't have much luck beating people double my br, but if they have about the same hero stats except for a better guard, then I could beat them with no issue regardless of how much br they get from their guard. If they have much higher hero stats then it's impossible even if they take off sylph and guard (hint: rifts!!!).

Comment

My cross-server is not strong, but kind of active, with lots in the mid range (25-50m).
                        I'd say, half the victims could take back the post, but if the looter is still online, chances are some just keep coming back, with neither being able to get any rewards.
                        That's why the mids have to go after the smalls to get the rewards, and the smalls have little to no chance.

I just witnessed 2 people kept fighting for a few hours tonight, with neither willing to "submit to the not-so-nice-opponent". That isn't fun for either end IMHO, and their bullhorn spam is annoying and laggy.
                        In vortex I once fought someone for over 8 hours - in the end I got the full rewards and they got nadda... was a pain, but I got my satisfaction in the end

I haven't seen one so far, but I believe in the possibility
                        I could be if I sacrificed a bit of def and atk for hp and got a specter - going for absurd hp you could probably hit 40m br without cashing, but then all the 30m brs would be killing you... br is just a number and not a good indicator - it's all about getting the right balance of stats, not the highest br.

Let's say, if a game feature is totally unreachable by > 85% of the population, it's probably time to make some revision.
                        That's what should happen. Doesn't mean it had happened or is happening.
                        Most likely > 85% of the population still can't clear Titan Temple or Time Vortex. They just worked around it by not needing to do it.
                        Most people who fail at titan temple and time vortex have nothing to blame but themselves.

I beat vortex on day 2 (was busy day 1) with 22m br (I think that's what I was then - would have been lower in dragon form) with only some blue and purple talismans.. so there really is no excuse for most of them. Those who legitimately can't beat it yet should be there fairly quickly with how easy br is to get at those lower levels now.

Same applies to titan temple - they complain it gets harder over time, but the very opposite is true; it gets much, much easier over time. When willpowers were first introduced, made it much easier.. the willpowers were marginally stronger but had not of the usful buffs/debuffs the eudos had, then got harder with the addition of witches and since then has gone down in overall difficulty naturally as a result of time. Then got much easier again when they doubled the buffs you get in there. Late last year I even proved that it could be done at 16m br (just before the doubling of the buffs).

Being able to beat both is just a matter of using the right strategy; however most people just try to brute force it and that is why they fail at these things.

So we are about the same
                        I haven't have much luck beating people double my br, but if they have about the same hero stats except for a better guard, then I could beat them with no issue regardless of how much br they get from their guard. If they have much higher hero stats then it's impossible even if they take off sylph and guard (hint: rifts!!!).
                        I don't think there's anyone in my cross server cluster I haven't killed at least once... though a couple of them are very painful and can take a few attempts.

For rifts, that's a completely different story.... they get a massive boost to their stats while guarding the rift... 4 30m brs vs 1 30m br guarding the rift and the favour is to the 1 30m br... it can be done, but it needs a team of 4 who know what they are doing and can work together. This is why in a lot of clusters (from hat I've heard), they completely strip down (skills, titans, runes, gear, res, etc.) so they are under 10m, which then make them quite easy to beat, so long as you can beat vortex (or get some one to take you along).

Comment

I don't have a problem with the way vortex or sky is. I love pvp but I do agree there should be some changes. Perhaps make specific levels br/titan /non titan related. Like how the new bg's seem to be so far.
                          ~~~CutiePatooty S658 Cmon down and join the party~~~

Comment

Originally posted by LadyOmega View Post
                            I don't have a problem with the way vortex or sky is. I love pvp but I do agree there should be some changes. Perhaps make specific levels br/titan /non titan related. Like how the new bg's seem to be so far.
                            Agreed. Also, I just had an idea, perhaps if the devs really wanted to have features like sky trail possession, vortex, titan temple designed for advanced players, why not make it BR restricted. Since some claim that these game features are meant for players who have already maxed most systems, setting it at 25 to 30 million BR minimum (could be more) would be reasonable, just so we can avoid people getting frustrated over not having a chance at a system (tbh I still personally prefer that which I suggested in the thread, changes in sky trail possession).

Comment

I agree it's hard to hold onto a spot but why did they make it so time com summing to look for a spot? why didn't they add a possession button outside the explorer map or replace the challenge button with possession button. opening and closing waste to much time.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyOmega View Post
                                I dont have a problem with pvp - but why make both the Vortex and Sky Possession cross server, when server specific would be enough... and would be fairer and then no need for the BR/titan/non titan split you suggest? I just dont understand why they are making so many things cross server now, it is not necessary and it certainly is not fair for any and all new servers that are opening.
                                Just make them server based.

Comment

Working...
                                X