[Suggestion] Changes in sky trail possession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Changes in sky trail possession

The current setup of sky trail possession favors high BR and very active players (most of whom have spent a great sum of money in game). The premise is you should be strong enough to keep your post, fending off attackers to be able to get rewards.

PROBLEMS:
    • BR growth in wartune is fast. It is impossible for players in newer servers and noncashers to keep up with heavy cashers. Just imagine, as a noncasher, I was able to reach 23M BR in just 8 months of playing (while working). Cashers can do more than this with the amount of time I played. Now, the same players are the ones you need to be able to defend against.
    • Rewards system. Rewards are handed out at 1-hour, 3-hour, and 5-hour intervals. Occupy it less than 1 hour and you don't get any rewards, nothing at all, even for your effort.
    • Possession rankings is cross-server. This makes this feature with a major leaning towards cashers, can't get any more obvious than that. I am not even sure if a noncasher can make it to top 100.
    • This setup can breed harassment of high BR players towards low BR players. You can choose to be annoying and constantly hunt down players from newer servers or those whom you keep a grudge of whenever they occupy posts. Similarly, there are even some players who don't even have the consideration and attack posts that are nearing the reward mark; hence, the occupier does not receive anything. Granted that such cases are trivial and hardly attended to by R2 or 7Road devs, the current setup allows you to do this, regardless.
    • There are only 200+ spots that can be occupied (if you have completed sky trail), less if you haven't completed it yet, and this event is cross-server. During active gameplay hours, all spots are mostly full. You can try to occupy one, only to be kicked out a few minutes later.
    POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
    • Grant a small reward (participation reward) upon occupying a post, whether the post was empty when you occupied it or you luckily defeated the previous holder. Give merit to player effort. By small reward, I mean a quantity less than than the 1-hour rewards on stage 1 of sky trail.
    • Upon occupying a post, lock the post to that player for an hour, so said player is guaranteed to receive the 1-hour reward (at the very least) before opening the occupied post for attack (suggestion adapted from Buuurman http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...ssession-thing).
    • Make sky trail possession as well as possession rankings per server or server cluster instead of cross-server (http://forum.r2games.com/forum/brows...ssession-thing). Better chances for everybody to get rewards.
    These are just very small changes/adjustments that the developers can do, so that everyone enjoys this new feature. Assuming that we might see a lucky exchange for pennants/resonance mats, I'd still prefer that the devs do a minor tweaking on sky trail possession adapting the above solutions.

Please post if you want to support this suggestion or add anything to it than can make sky trail better or if you disagree with what I have posted, feel free to post as well the reason why. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Kalaripayattu; 03-02-2018, 02:26 AM.

yes I would like to see a protection buff for 1 hr so ur guaranteed the 1 hr reward

yes remove the cross server function aswell so its just the server cluster then everybody not just the big br players can grab stuff

or

if ppl cant grab these spots and only ppl between 40 to 60+ mill br can then the low cashers will not stay u will push them away from game the ppl are your income think about it r2 and the devs

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
      yes I would like to see a protection buff for 1 hr so ur guaranteed the 1 hr reward

yes remove the cross server function aswell so its just the server cluster then everybody not just the big br players can grab stuff

or

if ppl cant grab these spots and only ppl between 40 to 60+ mill br can then the low cashers will not stay u will push them away from game the ppl are your income think about it r2 and the devs
      exactly

Comment

A 1-hour guarantee safe occupation would be a good idea. Nothing worse than spending a long time finding a spot to occupy and then getting nothing for it because you got kicked out too fast.

Another nice change would be to remove that stupid animation to access the possession window. Waiting for the explore animation to finish was always annoying, even when I only had to do it once per day. Now it can be several dozen times a day, and I hate it thoroughly.

Comment

1-hour protection buff is great idea. Votes up.

Immediate award for possession is also great idea.
          Only thing is possible abuse: the same guy could keep grabbing and leaving the same post.
          It might make sense to send in a "loser's award" to the one being kicked off, based on the amount of time elapsed.
          Let's say, if someone kicks you off in under 15 minutes, then you get 1 pennant, 2 for 15-29 minutes, 3 for 30-44 minutes, and 4 for 45+ minutes.

Reward growth rate remains the same for the entire 5 hours (15 minutes each, 4 per hour, or 8 every 2 hours).
          It makes sense to reward the occupier based on the actual time elapsed.
          We already receive a message saying how much time has elapsed before we got kicked off.
          It shouldn't be hard to calculate the reward and attach it to that message.

In fact, it gives little incentive other than jacking up the mailbox to send rewards 3 times over a 5-hour time period.
          They should calculate the reward based on the time elapsed, no matter the possession ended for completion or for kickouts.
          1 reward mail per possession. Attached reward is based on the actual time relapsed, 1 pennant every 15 minutes.
          If player leaves voluntarily, they get no reward no matter for how long they have been on the post.

And, last but not least, the best solution is to move this whole possession thing to farm and remove the PvP. LOL just kidding :P
          Last edited by wtfarmers; 03-02-2018, 04:04 PM. Reason: Added suggestions for rewards calculation & sending.

Comment

It has to stay as cross-server to keep it competitive. Its not point of game that every player can get all rewards from everywhere. If its reduced to work for server clusters it will be just mindless grinding like lot of things in game since most clusters doesnt even have enough ppl to cover all posts. As of now BR raise from pennants and such are quite small, it will get bigger in long run but also gives time for current new players to get stronger.

Also I see 10m BR and under being able to keep posts and get something, sure its not easy but its doable.

Protection thing I agree on and there should be at least some cooldown between attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jompero0 View Post
              ...most clusters doesnt even have enough ppl to cover all posts...
              hmm...very interesting. mind telling me which cluster you are on?

my main server is on US-East, top guy cross-server is Hannibl.

alt server is on US-West, top guy cross-server is Dinahe.

neither seems to have enough posts for all actives. when I looked around at 7am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, the only time with 1 or 2 empty posts was 5am, but my smaller toons still got kicked within 2 hours.

Comment

I posted this in Bugs and Support, I didn't see this post then:

In my opinion there should be NO option to fight over these spaces... first come, first served. Our cross server has hundreds of active players and far too few spots. The ONLY players getting any rewards are the heaviest cashers that can't be beat. I'm a 25mil toon that can't even get 1hr rewards because someone comes along and kicks me off EVERY DAMN TIME. If it's this hard for me when I'm in the top 100 of my server, imagine what it's like for ALL of the lower players who have NO chance of ever getting to sit long enough to gain any kind of rewards. I've even experienced some high end 'bullies' that come sweeping thru and kicking people at the 58min mark just so they can't get rewards. That's pretty petty and, like I said, I think there should be NO option to steal a claimed post.

I, for one, am SICK of spending HOURS every day searching for a free or nearly completed spot to claim just to have some jerk come along and steal it. We don't have that kind of time to waste with all the other stuff we have to do.

The suggestions here to reward for actual time spent would be even better, I suppose... then those of us who keep getting kicked can earn 1 pennant for claiming the post, get it stolen within a few minutes and move on to be kicked from another... we'd actually earn MORE than those bullies because we worked to find posts to grab instead of stealing them.
                Knight - 45 mil BR
                100% FREE player

Comment

Originally posted by wtfarmers View Post

hmm...very interesting. mind telling me which cluster you are on?

my main server is on US-East, top guy cross-server is Hannibl.

alt server is on US-West, top guy cross-server is Dinahe.

neither seems to have enough posts for all actives. when I looked around at 7am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 9pm, 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, the only time with 1 or 2 empty posts was 5am, but my smaller toons still got kicked within 2 hours.
                  Yeah cross-server not all will be able to hold post. But if its limited to one cluster all lvl 80's will have a post in most clusters. Im from s-9 cluster, same time zone as your main.

Comment

Originally posted by Jompero0 View Post

Yeah cross-server not all will be able to hold post. But if its limited to one cluster all lvl 80's will have a post in most clusters. Im from s-9 cluster, same time zone as your main.
                    GameRocks S9 is euro timezone. I do spot R2 S9 tho.

Sky Trail starts at level 50, so all servers should have enough to fill all spots. on the other hand, I agree it's not competitive if no one needs to fight for a spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SmuttyRebel View Post
                      ...I've even experienced some high end 'bullies' that come sweeping thru and kicking people at the 58min mark just so they can't get rewards. That's pretty petty ...
                      I noticed. Some simply came at around the :50 mark (usually :46-58) to kick people out, even though there ARE empty spots around. Unlike time vortex, they don't get rift rewards or defense rewards from sky trail, and they would lose out on the first reward if they forget to make the workaround to prevent that from happening, but they still do it any ways. Considering they are far too strong for their victims to beat, I doubt there's any point to prevent the victims from getting rewards. Some people just have too much time. Or maybe they base their happiness on others' pains. Normal people probably won't bother with this feature for long, leaving only the top guys standing high and the jerks fighting each other.

Comment

we need a protection buff for 1 hr so we guaranteed that reward or a loser reward for the time spent on that spot like my friends in posts before me its freaking horrible to find a space then some greedy person steals it

this morning found 3 spaces not occupied every 1 I took within mins I got booted off

now its why am I spending on this wen r2 and devs don't care

Comment

I agree with the suggestion of either locking the map for 1 hr for occupied player or rewarding pennant every 15 min. But one problem is its hectic to search every stage and map for empty map. Might i suggest creating a empty slot notification in every stage's every map. Create an option for empty maps available in the particular stage so that a player doesn't has to open every map in every stage. Can lessen the hectic process.

Comment

I agree also to the suggestions but instead of a lock on the possesion for an hour set a max of 1 attempt a day for each rewards atleast if R2 plan to keep this a cross server event.
                            I'm not ranked top 200 on any of my chars and is kicked of possesion every day not even getting one reward.
                            Time to make it possible for everyone to play your game R2 or loose everyone that is not ranked top 200

Comment

we could say things in this forums till we go blue in the face bang heads against a brick wall telling them suggestions for all ppl to ave rewards

a: lock it to 1 hr protection buff

b: loser rewards 1 or 2 pendants if ur booted off a spot under 1 hr

c: 1 attempt per day

d: remove the cross server feature and lock it to server cluster base

but we all know r2 wont listen

we all certainly know devs wont listen

dangle wallet credit card say help urself then u get their attention cuz all they think about is your cash
                              Last edited by Xharry005x; 03-03-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X