Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Suggestion] Changes in sky trail possession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main problem is: Only less then 100 places for onetime occupation. So only question of time when cross server top 100 occupy all places and no one else. This top 100 will be stronger and stronger. And other never able to compare with them. So Wartune became a game for hundred players only.

So the solutions:
    make sever mode for occupation instead cross server;
    or
    add a rule that player must be on-line and with open Possession space panel for all occupation time
    Last edited by GaiusBaltar; 03-05-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GaiusBaltar View Post
      ...add a rule that player must be on-line and with open Possession space panel for all occupation time
      err...maybe not this one LOL

Bluntly speaking, this ST thing reminds me of Titan Temple, which was and still is unreachable by the mass majority.
      I'm not looking forward to an impressive revision, TBH, unless they want to thrill us by actually doing something right for the first time in forever.
      We are possibly better off to wait it out until at some point the ST possession rewards become lesser valuable and could be gained in bulk amount by the ordinary.
      Right now I'm still happier on a weaker toon that doesn't do much other than starting guild summons and chatting a little, although it'd still be good if my stronger toon (recovered after a FB account deletion) could be more helpful for stuff like rifts, HST, etc.

Comment

Giving this a little more thought, the 1-hour safe occupation doesn't address the other big problem with this, which is that there is an absolute limit to the total rewards for everyone, and attacking generally reduces that total. Kind of a prisoner's dilemma problem, which does not make for satisfactory gaming experiences.
        If they add a separate method that's completely individual (like time vortex blitz) for getting some pennant rewards, that would work a lot better. Then the occupation would be an extra for those who are strong and dedicated enough, but as it is, it's just a probably permanent lockout for a lot of players.

Comment

Originally posted by GaiusBaltar View Post
          The main problem is: Only less then 100 places for onetime occupation. So only question of time when cross server top 100 occupy all places and no one else. This top 100 will be stronger and stronger. And other never able to compare with them. So Wartune became a game for hundred players only.

So the solutions:
          make sever mode for occupation instead cross server;
          or
          add a rule that player must be on-line and with open Possession space panel for all occupation time
          You need to do a recount. There are a total of 90 element realms throughout the 20 levels. Each realm has 3 posts. That's a grand total of 270 posts available to occupy.

Our server currently has hundreds of active players, add the (much stronger) cross-server players into the mix and only those with HUGE battle ratings can gain rewards, everyone else is fighting just to get time and are usually kicked before there's any kind of payout. For example, yesterday I accumulated nearly 12 hours of post sitting but only got 1 3-hour reward and 2 1-hour. I'm a 25mil toon and can't hold a post, there's NO hope for the lower 90% of my server.

As for your solution suggestions, I don't see either one being a viable option. IMO, the best suggestion, so far, has been to have pennant rewards based on increments of time, starting at 0m.
          Knight - 45 mil BR
          100% FREE player

Comment

Now that i have had enough time to experienced the new sky trail changes

here are my suggestions:
            • A 30-Minuties protection Buff. you get once after passing the FIRST 30 minutes. to eliminate the problem of 1-hour protection suggested by other , avoiding having all sky trail locked,this suggestion is not perfect but it would help prevent malicious people from taking the post when its near reward mark .
            • Add Parallel PVE feature to get Pennant Engraving Stones . Similarly to rift Blitz.
            • Add More Sky Trail Stages.Granted this would not solve the core problem , but it will give more chances for people to get rewards and keep stronger players away from lower stages.
            • FIX the bug ;where we sometimes don't get the reward even we met the occupation time requirement .

At last all these suggestions sees relatively seems not hard to implement ,and do not necessarily makes it easier . but it would make it more enjoyable. at this current state its a very unpleasant experience for most of players out there.

My regards
            PS. don't be rude and not considerate ,just because you can.
            Last edited by AdAljatlawee; 03-06-2018, 10:25 PM. Reason: sory for the double post , please delete one

Comment

Now that i have had enough time to experienced the new sky trail changes

here are my suggestions:
              • A 30-Minuties protection Buff. you get once after passing the FIRST 30 minutes. to eliminate the problem of 1-hour protection suggested by other , avoiding having all sky trail locked,this suggestion is not perfect but it would help prevent malicious people from taking the post when its near reward mark .
              • Add Parallel PVE feature to get Pennant Engraving Stones . Similarly to rift Blitz.
              • Add More Sky Trail Stages.Granted this would not solve the core problem , but it will give more chances for people to get rewards and keep stronger players away from lower stages.
              • FIX the bug ;where we sometimes don't get the reward even we met the occupation time requirement .

At last all these suggestions sees relatively seems not hard to implement ,and do not necessarily makes it easier . but it would make it more enjoyable. at this current state its a very unpleasant experience for most of players out there.

My regards
              PS. don't be rude and not considerate ,just because you can.

Comment

After some days of chaos, it seems like some players start to play with some etiquette and kick people after they got the last reward payout.
                I'd be ok if they wait until I got the reward before taking my post. I also start doing some kicking at the 1:5, and 3:5 marks, for once or twice a day.
                It's still tedious to check back once every 1-3 hours, but at least that's better than checking back every few minutes and not getting any rewards.
                The only thing that makes me feel bad is, as a sub-30m player I won't be able to take the revenge on many looters, and would have to seek the lower ones to pick on, who literally can't hit back. It feels like picking on the old and high-honor-ranked non-vip players in battlegrounds, which isn't particularly honorable to do. I've tested. The one with higher honor loses anywhere between 166 and 400 honor per defeat, and some 266-300 per win, even if the victim has only 300 more honor than the killer. The only better thing is, honor rank is lesser valuable nowadays.

Comment

I wanna see a protection buff so u cant be kicked on 1st reward or a losers reward of 1 pendent cuz u got booted before 1st reward

Comment

It is this kind of patch that makes people quit - and that equates to a loss of income!

The only solution is to remove the cross server aspect of the posts!
                    FireAndIce
                    Mage +112m
                    Spouse: Styx (+110m br archer)
                    Ancients guild
                    Gamerocks S8

(merged with S2, S6, S12, S39, S66 & S73)

Comment

Its interesting to see how the suggestions here evolved. Now, its up to the devs to do some tweaking on sky trail (hopefully).

Comment

Here are my comments below.

> Any stealing spot or someone attacking a player will not get any rewards (1hr, 3hrs or 5hrs). Penalty to a bully player. Or R2 will disable fight button.
                        > Top 100 rankings just fine, you need to go online and look for an available spot. If R2 permits Top 100 same server (not cross server), would be the best solution.
                        > SkyTrail time still continues either a player is online or offline (we can't go online 24/7)

Comment

they can easily scrap the sky trail cross server and change it to drop those items in sky trail explores and killing the boss as we ave 500 energy per day to explore inside a sky trail they can easily do this and then their be no hassle fighting whos kicked who

Comment

This SkyTrail stuff is only for the high BR players and big spenders,, The rest of us can just wait for breadcrumbs

Comment

I thought of another excellent idea after receiving a Sky Trail Possession email for 4hrs and 59mins this morning... allow us to contact the thief without having to use a cross server bullhorn that just puts an even bigger target on our back. I'd REALLY like to question this person as to WHY they felt the need to steal when I was so close to finishing and they could have just taken it when I vacated it. ONE minute, seriously?!?!

I just don't understand why people have to attack and steal just BEFORE rewards are paid out instead of waiting for the person who has invested SO much time gets what's due them. IMO, this is pure BULLYING when there is NO compensation to the weaker victim.
                              Knight - 45 mil BR
                              100% FREE player

Comment

I thought of another great suggestion. Put a limit on the number of times a person can attempt to steal a post... 3 per day. That would put a stop to a lot of these bullying players who attack smaller players just before their rewards are due to pay out.
                                Knight - 45 mil BR
                                100% FREE player

Comment

Working...
                                X