**** Talismans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** Talismans

So, I decided to give wartune another go after a few years away, started on a new server , was amazed how quickly everything went, until i did the dragon chant, Sadly I got as a mage a set of unusable talismans, cant kill the wolf to try to get more, cant group for a mattk talisman since no one can do the rift.

Totally and completely stuck, I have read a couple of previous posts, suggestions like well just wait a few months, LOL months? most people are barely interesting in playing this game at all,we have maybe 20 active people on my server and it opened fresh 5 days ago...

To the point, FIX talismans so like gems crystals etc you can convert them to another type, or code it so talismans are universal maatack/pattack both ,or no one will play your game.

There are still a few people willing to play and pay for Wartune, but i am telling you this is the no 1 issue at the moment, up to you whether you fix it or not, I myself have many many other games to play and will a little sadly move on and play something else.

Dragonchant is really not an early game feature. Talismans come up in lucky exchanges and hot events from time to time, so even without rift bosses, you'll get more.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Dragonchant on my server was reached by most active players on day 3, day 3 is not early?, sure seems early to me in a game you would hope to pay for and play for months. It is an early game feature and as such should not be the reason 50% of paying players , me included on each new server quit.

If you want Wartune to grow or at least retain the 10k players it has currently, FIX it, it needs fixing, no amount of excuses, incorrect reasons, or attempts as above to sideline or deflect the issue will change the fact it needs fixing.

As I stated previously i have no stake in this issue, I am done playing Wartune, I had a pleasant 5 days and paid $5, seems fair to me.

The only reason i post is , Wartune was such a great game, it saddens me to see its current state/population, I would be further saddened to see the total loss and shutdown of what was a great game.

The blinders on, excuses, deflecting the issue, not fixing obvious issues is why Wartune and R2 itself is in the state it is today (1/20th) of its peak income by latest published figures.

Comment

Dragonchant can be unlocked easily, but Time Vortex is not a beginner zone. And if your server merges with an established server, you will have an opportunity to get some help to gain a huge jump in strength in just a few days, by getting the best talismans from rifts.
        The game was designed to be played without having dragonchant mode at all (with the exception of Time Vortex) so just play through it without worrying about talismans for now.

Comment

Took me months as well to get the full set of talismans as I keep on getting the patk ones when I am a mage. And now even after a full set of legendary talismans, I still haven't finished all the time vortex dungeons, pretty much stuck on one part (to date it has been 2 months since then). I continue to improve on other areas where my toon can improve as I am currently stuck on one part of dragonchant. Never really bothered with it. I enjoy every step of the way.

Comment

Everything you two above said may be true, but it is totally irrelevant to my point, Wartune is a tiny shadow of its former self, it desperately needs new players to stay , as older players inevitably quit for whatever reason.

Dragonchant talismans are making people quit, around half the active people on my new server so far. When the player base and income from the game gets too small to bother with they will close the servers, R2 is not a charity, if something is not providing a return it will close whatever that asset is.

As far as new players are concerned Dragonchant is BROKEN , if it is not fixed to give them a set of useful talismans they will, and do QUIT, this reduces the games population and makes it less PROFITABLE.

Dragonchant is the TOP complaint of all players on my server (the few that are left) it needs to be FIXED so as not to continually lose players, that loss of players contributing to the CLOSING of this game.

It is not a question as to the original intent of Dragonchant, whats its intended to be used for, what you think of Dragonchant, if you personally like Dragonchant, whether a poll of Iceland would be in favor of it, or any other metric.

It is pissing people off and making them quit, which you must understand Wartune can not sustain.

Comment

Your server would be the first that left the game solely because of Dragonchant, then. Most people understand that Dragonchant is not an instant gratification system, it's designed to be worked on over time. If someone cannot spend time building up their character, then this just isn't a game that is for them, since the entire premise of the game is spending time building up your character.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

It's broken when it hands things that are not relevant to a player's build multiple times in the course of playing. I stopped doing DC because I am given MATK talis when I am a PATK person. The game should have detected such and give out the appropriate main form aside from the subs or give us an option to convert like gems.
                Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                  Your server would be the first that left the game solely because of Dragonchant, then. Most people understand that Dragonchant is not an instant gratification system, it's designed to be worked on over time. If someone cannot spend time building up their character, then this just isn't a game that is for them, since the entire premise of the game is spending time building up your character.
                  You do realize the non standard rng filled start of DC is ludicrous? The problem isnt that ppl want instant gratification, the issue is ppl want to compete and on new servers the BR king event for one may be decided "solely" on the fact who happens to land the right talismans early. Ppl who dont land decent talismans are likely to quit due everybody just speeding ahead of them and it all comes down to sheer luck. Its not bout skill nor knowledge nor spending, its all luck, which is absolutely stupid way of doing things.

Give ppl standard attack, hp and say 1 random talisman when they unlock DC. This gives ppl better starting point to continue building their talismans and they wont be at the mercy of the few lucky ones, who will be able to do stripped rifts(Yes, those exist at times). Or being forced to wait for server merger by which time you might of already grinded it out anyways, just months after others did.

Asking ppl to continue playing when they will be set behind months is absolutely ridiculous. Its not bout instant gratification, arguing like it is just isnt accurate. Its bout staying relevant, nobody wants to set behind miles when the thing setting them behind is nothing but luck of the draw. If you cant understand this, I really cant help you.

Comment

i still think its quiet sad that the talisman drops are bad just as other item drops. I m mage as well and not one matk talisman drop. while a friend of mine who is knight got mostly matk talisman. this is seriously messed up.

Comment

despite my original intent i checked back in on this thread, Memory Lane, when will you and R2 learn that your unwelcome/inaccurate responses are not believed by anyone and will just result in the last nail in the coffin for this game. Just checked in on my server for 5 mins, 11 people online 11.... when this game had hundreds online on each server once.

Why is it good games always seem to get bad developers and terrible support? Planet-side 2 , Sony (now whole team/studio and all the devs fired) so many good games closed due to dev arrogance and limp weak customer service and support.

As someone who has loved games and gaming my entire life, its just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerroth View Post
                        despite my original intent i checked back in on this thread, Memory Lane, when will you and R2 learn that your unwelcome/inaccurate responses are not believed by anyone and will just result in the last nail in the coffin for this game. Just checked in on my server for 5 mins, 11 people online 11.... when this game had hundreds online on each server once.

Why is it good games always seem to get bad developers and terrible support? Planet-side 2 , Sony (now whole team/studio and all the devs fired) so many good games closed due to dev arrogance and limp weak customer service and support.

Include 7Road as they are the developers and the ones pulling the strings on everything wartune-related. R2 is just a publisher (aside from crystal saga) and MemoryLane is just a volunteer player. True, the support provided by R2 is not the very best and Wartune sure could use a lot of overhauling on its features, but at least this game is still better than most R2 titles to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerroth View Post

As a player, and because I don't have a regular forum account to hide behind, I disagree with your suggestion. Dragonchant doesn't need a conversion system added to it. If anything, a conversion system would make things much less fair for everyone who isn't able to clear all of the maps or get orange talismans super fast, because not only would you have a full set of desired talismans, you'll also get materials to make them all stronger.

As a mod, I'm saying it doesn't need to be fixed because bad luck does not mean it's broken. It's a feature designed for end game, so it's going to take time and effort. If you were maxed out on much of the normal character features, you can get stronger by building up your talismans. That's how this system was designed. It does not matter that you essentially get a head start on this feature while building up your character, it's still a system designed for end game players, and a system designed to take work to be any good. That's what I mean by it not being an instant gratification system. Same thing for the Relic system.

Also as a mod and a player, I hear many of the reasons people leave the game. Matchings, lag, cash content, not enough cash content, can't beat cashers, too many new servers, not enough new servers, merges, not enough merges, too much to do, not enough to do, unfixed legitimate bugs, and just plain old boredom are all reasons that I see posted in game and on the forum for why people leave. You are the first who has claimed not getting desired talismans after 5 days of playing resulted in people leaving. That's not an inaccurate response. People have also been saying [insert any feature here] will result in the game's death, for years. It's not going to die because you can't convert talismans.

Comment

Actually, we do need this, Mem. Because having 3 of the same talisman and type (and slot usage) isn't going to do anyone any justice, especially if they are the only ones and you had maxed one of them to use while trying to figure a way to get more because rifts are undoable with spenders hogging up the low spots and the next boss is almost a mill BR (by DC standards; regular mode, I would have probably kill the next few, but I can't get in with real mode, can I?) to take on and hoping the malice doesn't interfere in giving you another of the same that is lugged around in inventory. Blitzing the vortex only gives you 10 mats per round (100 max) which is piddly **** compared to the rewards structure I've seen in my day.

But, since we are drafting the reasons why a person would leave, I am only this close in doing so (my own reasons, from greatest to least):
                            • Doing my own home. Had to. And it's coming along fine.
                            • Performance Issues. After reading the so-called system requirements, I call resource hog on it, LOL.
                            • Issues Outstanding. Yep, those bugs that we could have want fixed but instead they kept making a mess on. "You've had only one job, Carl (developer)!!"
                            • Events are Dwindling. R2/Developers had me enticed before. Now, it's just a sham that I just steer away from. Have they found a way to give out more clothing shards besides the lame 10 per event rotation?
                            • PVP based effects are Cross Platform instead of Cross Server within Domain/Platform. No one can compete if someone on a different platform spends like Bill Gates; he/she's that platform's problem, not ours.
                            • Limits this and limits that. Really? I thought he or she who has enough should spend it well enough. Now, it's just little here and little there.
                            However, I still have some kind of hope in thinking it might get better once break time comes around and I can sit, so they got until then to turn the ship around and back to where folks can enjoy.
                            Last edited by Meikura001; 05-21-2018, 02:46 AM.
                            Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                            Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                            Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                            Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

As a player, and because I don't have a regular forum account to hide behind, I disagree with your suggestion. Dragonchant doesn't need a conversion system added to it. If anything, a conversion system would make things much less fair for everyone who isn't able to clear all of the maps or get orange talismans super fast, because not only would you have a full set of desired talismans, you'll also get materials to make them all stronger.

As a mod, I'm saying it doesn't need to be fixed because bad luck does not mean it's broken. It's a feature designed for end game, so it's going to take time and effort. If you were maxed out on much of the normal character features, you can get stronger by building up your talismans. That's how this system was designed. It does not matter that you essentially get a head start on this feature while building up your character, it's still a system designed for end game players, and a system designed to take work to be any good. That's what I mean by it not being an instant gratification system. Same thing for the Relic system.

Also as a mod and a player, I hear many of the reasons people leave the game. Matchings, lag, cash content, not enough cash content, can't beat cashers, too many new servers, not enough new servers, merges, not enough merges, too much to do, not enough to do, unfixed legitimate bugs, and just plain old boredom are all reasons that I see posted in game and on the forum for why people leave. You are the first who has claimed not getting desired talismans after 5 days of playing resulted in people leaving. That's not an inaccurate response. People have also been saying [insert any feature here] will result in the game's death, for years. It's not going to die because you can't convert talismans.
                              I can promise you, talismans are the number 1 reason for ppl to quit after the they get to level 80 on new servers. You can say you never heard bout it, it might even be true, but it just shows you really havent played newer servers recently.

I didnt suggest conversion system, I suggested standard set of 2 talismans + 1 random talisman so people are eased into DC system. It would be the most fair solution and ppl would most likely clear a map or two with them very fast but whats the problem with that? It would guarantee ppl not being left behind at no fault of their own. Being treated unfairly or even feeling like you are is a big nono if you want to keep the player as your customer. And if they get shafted by rng(bad talismans), thats exactly how they will feel, rational or not.

But judging from your earlier responses, this is a waste of time on my part. Because you cant seem to understand the point ppl are making. Most wont give a damn if DC takes ages or not as long as its the same for everybody but the thing is, its not same for everybody. I cant understand ppl who defend unnecessary rng in games, its generally just a way to increase the time to gear up in, meaning you spend more time/energy/money on it, which is sorta fine, if you get things instantly you`ll need more content to keep you occupied. Its not used because ppl find the system desirable. And giving ppl starting point on talismans really wont have any negative impact as it`ll only really come into play on new servers. Older characters can clear enough maps to get basic set of talismans either way, its only the newer characters who need it and they wont be finishing DC anytime soon, with or without a standard start.

Comment

Working...
                              X