Inventory Expansion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KS222 View Post
    There have been several suggestions in this thread that would reduce the strain.
    And all of the suggestions have been forwarded, and will keep being forwarded so the idea stays super fresh. I think we've covered all of the bases in this thread - people support the suggestions, people have every available page active and full, and not everyone is sitting on piles and piles of things they are maxed out on. Hopefully we see something soon, or at least included in the next major patch.

New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by KS222 View Post

The new world boss is invincible for 5 minutes, which helps it to last longer. I guess the point is, when R2 wants to, they can work around the flash limitations.

R2 has addressed the inventory issue before. They first gave us the treasure tab (for balen, ofc) and the option to rent 2 more pages. Then they gave guild masters the ability to rent more tabs of guild inventory, which allows players some extra room to store items (but since its in guild vault, access to them isn't as easy and is very little help when opening chests that hog more than one line of space at a time).

The problem, as I see it, is that 7Road keeps adding stuff that hogs inventory space faster than they add new options to store it. There have been several suggestions in this thread that would reduce the strain.
      That is my point, the flash limit should not be able to be used an an excuse as the new wb proves the flash limit is not an issue. And really, is there even a flash limit? I did some searching and could not find anything about a limit unless I wasn't wording my search right.

Ty memorylane, hope they do something with the inventory real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by R262181389 View Post

That is my point, the flash limit should not be able to be used an an excuse as the new wb proves the flash limit is not an issue. And really, is there even a flash limit? I did some searching and could not find anything about a limit unless I wasn't wording my search right.

Ty memorylane, hope they do something with the inventory real soon.
        Technically, it's a programming limitation. It's all Flash to me, I'm not a programmer.

32-bit integer is what you're looking for. World boss looks like 4.2 billion hp now, which would mean they've switched to an unsigned 32 bit integer for that. Gold storage still uses the signed 32 bit integer, which has a maximum value of 2.14 billion. 4.2 billion still isn't enough hp for a world boss at this stage of character development, so it was given a buff to compensate for laggy and late players, and to compromise between small and large players we also got static rewards.

Again, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if they can't switch to an unsigned integer for gold or if that would cause problems, or if 4.2 billion gold storage would even make much of a difference in the long run.

Getting back onto the topic of inventory.. no clue why they can't just give all stacks the same integer treatment. Less stacks = less graphics to load = less overall lag. I'm on board with that concept. There's still enough variety of items, and more items coming since we still don't have everything for the current content, to warrant having more inventory space and solutions on top of that, though.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

would be nice to get atleast 2 pages from treasure inventory to the normal inventory ( i use only2 pages of treasure since start when i bought them and wern't cheap) so i wasted balens on 5 pages where i have enough of 2 pages... the dev's need to move those pages to inventory or assign more stuff to the treasure pages.. as they keep putting in new stuff that we need to save

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
            Technically, it's a programming limitation. It's all Flash to me, I'm not a programmer.

32-bit integer is what you're looking for. World boss looks like 4.2 billion hp now, which would mean they've switched to an unsigned 32 bit integer for that. Gold storage still uses the signed 32 bit integer, which has a maximum value of 2.14 billion. 4.2 billion still isn't enough hp for a world boss at this stage of character development, so it was given a buff to compensate for laggy and late players, and to compromise between small and large players we also got static rewards.

Again, I'm not a programmer, so I don't know if they can't switch to an unsigned integer for gold or if that would cause problems, or if 4.2 billion gold storage would even make much of a difference in the long run.

Getting back onto the topic of inventory.. no clue why they can't just give all stacks the same integer treatment. Less stacks = less graphics to load = less overall lag. I'm on board with that concept. There's still enough variety of items, and more items coming since we still don't have everything for the current content, to warrant having more inventory space and solutions on top of that, though.
            Either way, there is a way around it. I am not saying that we need a higher max limit on gold, not really sure why that would help anyways. My point they proved it can be done, it's just if they want to take the time to do it. Why would it cause a problem with the gold? It's not causing problems with wb. And wb has higher hp than 4.2 bil hp, at least on my server, in fact it keeps changing.

About the inventory, we already know 99k can be done as there is an item that goes past 9k, not sure what it goes up to but assuming it is 99k. So 99k for all items should be doable, just a matter of them actually implementing it, which I hope something is done real soon. Instead of going to 99k, they should just make it unlimited. Yes going to 99k will help out alot. But look in the past, items used to only stack to 99, then was switched to 999 but over time, that wasn't enough, so they switched to 9k which now isn't enough. So down the road, it will get to the point where 99k would not be enough and we will be asking for more inventory again.

Comment

they need to move more *** to treasure inventory i have since the beginning 3 pages free of the 5 i bought

Comment

when do we get more space? or let us use the space we bought for xxx ammount of balens? have since i bought them 3 pages empty and the other 5 are almost full as we keeep getting more and more stuff we need to stash.......

and when the buy limits get removed or raised?

Comment

I am also renting the last 2 pages and running out of space, especially when an event is coming out of nowhere, how are we supposed to keep material in case an event is created?
                  The treasure inventory is great, but I'm only using 2 pages and it's taunting us when the other and vault are totally full and we are forced to sell, to even GET DEVO.
                  So yes, extra space is urgently needed. Obviously when you are adding items that are collected over time, the inventory should also grow and it isn't the case for a long time now.
                  Most annoying are developping potions as we need so many, so or make them usable as we buy them or put them in a profile section, that would help.
                  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Comment

Great news, everyone!!! I'm on the test server and you won't believe it...

They've added Demon Continent which has 5 different Goddess shards (that we have to hold onto in order to advance our Goddesses), Prayer Scripts (used for Goddess devotion) and Wave Crystals (used to level up the Goddess).

They've also changed Voyage and it now has 5 different items that can be gained by 'fishing' in Voyage (limited event time: 17:30-18:00). Sky Harbor (the top one) is restricted to using these new items only.

12 new inventory items added and they have done NOTHING to help us make room for them. I, for one, am SICK of spending more time trying to MAKE room in my bag every time I collect rewards from something than actually playing the game!

Inventory is an EMERGENCY situation, and if they don't address it... like, yesterday!... I WILL quit.
                    Knight - 45 mil BR
                    100% FREE player

Comment

I forward the suggestion every single week. I've also expressed concern about the addition of more items without the inclusion of more space when I saw the patch notes. Thank you for keeping the topic alive, it really does help.

Comment

I agree with 1 2 and 4, and i guess 3 also, though there is a work around with 3.

The thing is, we get TONS of items, and sadly we get tons of items pre-KH even that we can't even use yet. Sure increasing stacks would help, but on one server I have FULL vaults and bags without an outrageous amount of stacks. Also can I just point out how expensive getting more inventory lines are? I'd say roughly 13k Balens (Bound or Unbound) for 3 full pages, plus 2500 balens for Treasure pages. Granted that's not horrid but, for new servers that's kind of challenging.

I heavily agree with 1, no reason why we can't add more things to the treasure pages, and honestly I wouldn't mind luck stones being moved there either. They don't take up tons of space but it's still nice to keep those on hand without worrying about running out of space.

My mentioned "work-around" for #3 would be to remove the daily buy limit for the Dev Pots. I see no way in how this could be abused, and it would allow players to buy 100k at once rather than hoarding stacks.

But seriously, I really hope they do something because it's making gameplay impossible... and god forbid you leave your guild without having 30+ pages of mail
                        S791, Indominus
                        Knighted Archer
                        Imperials Guild Master

Comment

What's going to make it even worse is the cost of the extra vault pages. Those of us, especially in smaller guilds, are really struggling to come up with the gold required to keep those pages open. Expecting 100 MILLION per DAY of contribution per PAGE when there is almost nothing of value to spend it on in the guild shop (I personally only spend 5 million per day) is outrageous! You need a guild of 200 ACTIVE and CONTRIBUTING players to maintain it. People don't want to WASTE that much gold on something that SHOULD BE PROVIDED... SPACE!!!!!!!

And I want to add how opposed I am to opening the treasure pages to other things... once that door is opened, chaos will ensue and we won't be able to find anything. Easiest solution to the problem, in my opinion, is to make more tabs along the side. There is really no reason we can't have ONE more tab for sylphs, eudaemons/willpowers, dragonchant, goddesses, relics, mounts and anything else they decide to make us drag around. That would add 5 more pages and take the stress off of our bulging bags. Kick in the max quantity per item and we'd be golden for another couple of years no matter what else they throw at us.
                          Last edited by SmuttyRebel; 09-11-2018, 07:25 PM.
                          Knight - 45 mil BR
                          100% FREE player

Comment

Originally posted by SmuttyRebel View Post
                            What's going to make it even worse is the cost of the extra vault pages. Those of us, especially in smaller guilds, are really struggling to come up with the gold required to keep those pages open. Expecting 1 BILLION per DAY of contribution per PAGE when there is almost nothing of value to spend it on in the guild shop (I personally only spend 5 million per day) is outrageous! You need a guild of 200 ACTIVE and CONTRIBUTING players to maintain it. People don't want to WASTE that much gold on something that SHOULD BE PROVIDED... SPACE!!!!!!!

And I want to add how opposed I am to opening the treasure pages to other things... once that door is opened, chaos will ensue and we won't be able to find anything. Easiest solution to the problem, in my opinion, is to make more tabs along the side. There is really no reason we can't have ONE more tab for sylphs, eudaemons/willpowers, dragonchant, goddesses, relics, mounts and anything else they decide to make us drag around. That would add 5 more pages and take the stress off of our bulging bags. Kick in the max quantity per item and we'd be golden for another couple of years no matter what else they throw at us.
                            A lot of people have a good 2-3 pages empty on Treasure Page... Don't see how this could be a bad thing aside from messing up your organization skills. Personally I think it'd be more resourceful to fill this tab with additional items that should be in there anyways rather than let them waste inv space or be sent to another tab...

Also let me get this straight, instead of adding items to an already existing feature, you want to add another feature to fit more things into... Bias much?

Also, idk bout you but, as long as you stay somewhat organized and don't have TONS of gems of different kinds laying in your treasure tab, I see no reason why you couldnt find anything... They have a sort button for a reason
                            Last edited by mhzackary; 09-10-2018, 10:22 PM.
                            S791, Indominus
                            Knighted Archer
                            Imperials Guild Master

Comment

then rest the why.. why we needed to pay that much for 5 pages while we have stuff that moves in there can't fill 2 pages? so we rent 3 pages for jack..

so we getting more stuff that we need to safe memorylane?

Comment

Originally posted by mhzackary View Post

A lot of people have a good 2-3 pages empty on Treasure Page... Don't see how this could be a bad thing aside from messing up your organization skills. Personally I think it'd be more resourceful to fill this tab with additional items that should be in there anyways rather than let them waste inv space or be sent to another tab...

Also let me get this straight, instead of adding items to an already existing feature, you want to add another feature to fit more things into... Bias much?

Also, idk bout you but, as long as you stay somewhat organized and don't have TONS of gems of different kinds laying in your treasure tab, I see no reason why you couldnt find anything... They have a sort button for a reason
                                Perhaps you didn't read the part about us struggling to pay for vault pages. Our gold isn't wasted converting gems when there is plenty of room in the TREASURE tabs to keep ALL of them organized by type and levels... 2 pages for gems, 1 for divinity souls, 1 for euademon and the last has resistances. THAT's organized. "Sorting" puts them in whatever order the system deems appropriate and you're left searching row upon row to find what you're looking for. No thank you, I do that enough with my regular inventory!

You want them to tinker with an already existing feature (all gems on the treasure pages) and add whatever! additional items that you KNOW they'd mess up, I want them to leave it alone!!! Copy and paste whatever code they have to and make a third tab and THEN they can add the stuff I suggested.

Haven't you learned by now, if it ain't broke, don't fix it! And if these programmers have anything to do with it... DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Why you'd want them to just move stuff to your current "2-3 pages of empty space" instead of 5 new ones as I suggested is beyond me.
                                Knight - 45 mil BR
                                100% FREE player

Comment

Working...
                                X