Request new character class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request new character class

Please consider introducing a new character class to encourage game re-playability.

A *Summoner/Necromancer* class would infuse a new perspective and depth to an old game. The Summoner/Necromancer should be unable to use Eudaemons.or Troops or Willpower.
    Example Basic Skills:.
    Skill 1. - Basic attack with rage-leech.
    Skill 2 - Summon "Storm of crows"- attacks all enemies and %chance to cause enemy max HP% bleed per turn for fixed turns.
    Skill 3 - Erect a "Flag of Truce" - All enemies *and* including player/caster are unable to cast offensive skills for fixed turns.
    Skill 4 - Summon a random Golem [one out of Light, Dark, Fire, Water, Electro and Wind] with respective resistances, damage type and with *taunt* ability for fixed turns.
    Skill 5 - "Blood Pool" - After casting, if enemy *Direct skill damage* to Golem destroys it, the Golem will explode and damage all enemies and add a non-DoT debuff for fixed duration,
    Skill 6 - "Soul Transfer" - With W-A-S-D keys, select spell to transfer respective caster main attributes to Golem. Explanation example- WADS-transfer STRENGTH +25%STR; SAWD-transfer INTELLECT + 25%INT., etc.
    Skill 7 - "Mirror-Mere" - Summon a crown of bones circling the caster which has 1 HP. Crown causes all skills directed at Golem to reflect back at enemy caster. If crown/player takes 1 damage, crown explodes, causing %HP damage to SELF.
    Skill 8 - "Well of Souls" - Tap into the well of souls to add a healing/turn buff to self at the expense of DoT damage to Golem for fixed turns.
    Skill 9 - "Mired entropy" - Slow down casting rate of self (-100%) but increase all damage of Golem by 300% for fixed turns. Additionally, if any enemy attacks self, spread the slow-down to attacker.
    Skill 10 - "Bone wall" - Erect a permanent bone wall [stays until destroyed] which has it's own HP, around self and golem. If wall is attacked, it leeches *double* the amount of rage used for the attack skill.
    Skill 11 - "Reanimation" - Cast a buff on self which lasts for fixed turns. If self is killed while buff is active, resurrect self with *full* Awakening Points or Rage meter (either of the two)

The above are examples for basic 11 active skills of a Necromancer/Summoner. I have not mentioned Passive Skills, Advanced Skills or Knighthood Skills. There are 11 basic skills mentioned so one should take in mind that the player will choose one out of two possible paths which lead to two ultimate skills as seen with the skill system of other three Classes(Knight, Mage, Archer). This will force the player to choose. Which two skills are ultimate, that I leave out for discussion.

Since the Necromancer is unable to use Eudaemons and it's attached Sylphs or even Troops or Willpower, I would suggest it's core build, including stats, passive skills etc. be really buffed up to compensate for that.

This idea hopefully generates and infuses new interest to Wartune. I know this is a lot of work but please consider it.

Thank you,
    Skael Vontari.
    Last edited by aluuthaoo; 08-25-2018, 07:39 AM.

Obviously never going to happen, since most of this would require building new combat mechanics. But really, those are some brokenly OP skills:
    Bone wall - near immunity from non-sylph attacks
    Reanimation - do I really need to point out how ridiculous that is?
    Flag of truce - most players don't have any non-attack skills, this is just a freebie for the summoner to build up all his buffs with no retaliation, i.e. wildly unfair
    Mirror-mere - a guaranteed reflect on something that has a taunt ability? Just no.

Also, you can't buff the character stats in trade for the willpower. First off, that's more than half the BR of most players, so either you won't be anywhere close in rating, or you'll be more than twice as powerful.

It would be interesting to have a second magic-type character class for balance, but I don't think this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFancyPants View Post
      Obviously never going to happen, since most of this would require building new combat mechanics. But really, those are some brokenly OP skills:
      Bone wall - near immunity from non-sylph attacks
      Reanimation - do I really need to point out how ridiculous that is?
      Flag of truce - most players don't have any non-attack skills, this is just a freebie for the summoner to build up all his buffs with no retaliation, i.e. wildly unfair
      Mirror-mere - a guaranteed reflect on something that has a taunt ability? Just no.

Also, you can't buff the character stats in trade for the willpower. First off, that's more than half the BR of most players, so either you won't be anywhere close in rating, or you'll be more than twice as powerful.

It would be interesting to have a second magic-type character class for balance, but I don't think this is it.
      The skills are meant as a guide and isn't a rule.

Bone wall - near immunity for a FIXED HP. HP of bone wall can be reduced for balance.

Reanimation - You will have to state why it's "ridiculous". Traditionally, Necromancers are known to reanimate corpses. This is just an example. Getting full health and Awakening points doesn't indicate an OP or a guaranteed win. Necromancer/Summoner doesn't have a main attribute of Endurance. Most of necromancer's skills do NOT cause any damage. Not to mention, no Eudaemons, Troops or Willpower. This is to compensate for that.

Flag of truce - Freebie or not, this skill provides time for necromancer to build up the stats of his golem. It can be balanced with having a fixed low duration and longer COOLDOWN TIME.

Mirror-mere - What is the use of a Golem without Taunt? AOE skills and Back row Attack Skills will kill the necromancer without even harming the Golem much. Moreover, I mention ONLY SKILLS WHICH ARE DIRECTED AT GOLEM ARE REFLECTED. Not non-directed attack, example when you do not click any skills or when your unawakened sylph attacks. Moreover, the crown of bones has ONLY ONE HP. So any AOE SKILL or maybe Back row attack WILL DESTROY Mirror mere and CAUSES DAMAGE TO SELF/NECROMANCER. Please read the explanations/description diligently before you dismiss them. The taunt ability is also temporary and it's duration can be reduced if needed.

You can buff the stat attributes of the Necromancer. It is already a part of the game engine of Wartune. Example: Your technology buffs and your Title buffs.
      I never mentioned any fixed statistic or numbers. Those are meant for balancing. How did you even arrive at your illogical conclusion that " First off, that's more than half the BR of most players, so either you won't be anywhere close in rating, or you'll be more than twice as powerful." ? That seems to be your trait so I'll ignore it.

Last of all, your first explanation of why this idea might not be taken and followed through is noteworthy and probable.
      "since most of this would require building new combat mechanics."
      As I've already stated, all of this will require a tonne of work but that should not stop us from giving novel feedback. Thanks.

Comment

why new Class let them put the balance back first between the classes that there already
        Theonlyghost
        Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
        Server : S122 US-East
        Guild : Fenix
        Class : Mage
        IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
          why new Class let them put the balance back first between the classes that there already
          They will never be able to put the "balance" back between the classes for the simple reason that there are thousands of players and each of them has an opinion about how the game should be "balanced"..
          The game is already balanced in my opinion. It is more noteworthy and relevant to the developers' pov and the players' pov to have a new class. It will definitely bring in renewed interest and also increase sales. The reasoning behind this is that gamers are drawn to this game for one major reason: to have a personalized connection to their characters and making them stronger in comparison to others. A new class will further allow them to build on this connection, provided, the new class is not simplistic, has depth and offers a new approach to the game [this requires alteration to the game mechanics].
          Last edited by aluuthaoo; 08-27-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

game is out of balance since 2015 (summer) when they lowered the mage class stats and after that game went more and more beneficial towards the patk classes so is not balanced.....

further there better of fixing there in game errors and glitches(what will reduce a lot of the lag in game ) before trying to put a new class in with loads of glitches and errors after that

Theonlyghost
            Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
            Server : S122 US-East
            Guild : Fenix
            Class : Mage
            IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

I would prefer to introduce a card to change class just like gender cards :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nevermemos2 View Post
                If they were to introduce that, then it would spell an end to game re-playability. Of-course, they could always control the degree and amount of changes by placing a high balen cost to such an item. It's an okay idea but personally, I don't approve of it.

Comment

If they were to introduce that, then it would spell an end to game re-playability. Of-course, they could always control the degree and amount of changes by placing a high balen cost to such an item. It's an okay idea but personally, I don't approve of it.

Comment

Personally, the devs will have to do more work to convert not only the class but of the skills, eq, astrals, etc. from the old class to the new one, not to mention testing such to making sure all works.

These are two things that the devs aren't good at I'm afraid.
                    Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                    Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                    Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                    Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post

Personally, the devs will have to do more work to convert not only the class but of the skills, eq, astrals, etc. from the old class to the new one, not to mention testing such to making sure all works.

These are two things that the devs aren't good at I'm afraid.
                      Yeah but i'm talking only Class conversion. The rest of equipment such as astrals you mentioned, or gems and talismans are something that players would have to work around. Skill points could reset at the process of conversion. But yeah i agree, especially on testing case

Comment

Working...
                      X