About long time inactive toons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About long time inactive toons

Isn' t it an idea for the devs to once a year put all toons back to the Twilight Coast newbie area, where we come after a merge also?
    * The wilds won't be so full, and some maps are getting almost impossible without spirit conv, cause so many castles in same spot, if your castle is there need to move cause other wise can't dig without spirit conv...
    * Devs can keep track who stays in that Twilight Coast and maybe on request delete some inactive toons (I have 1 toon I play, and 1 I never play in same merged server, yet my useless toon doesn't get deleted on my request)
    * Mentor also said the toons in Twilight Coast don' t use up flash, so will be less laggy game also

This used to happen with every patch update, but it hasn't for the past few. It was a good way to clear out the deadwood before, but I have noticed that towns are really crowded together, and that's on my relatively low-population server.

It has a small benefit in that it's easier to find an inactive player to plunder, but that's only a few devo points, so not a great reason to let empty towns crowd the map.

Definitely time to clean up some of those players who quit before level 20 and never came back.

Comment

They have set rules for which characters they will delete. Some players have recharged and quit for a time then decide to come back and play. They don't want to start over usually. For example a guy on my server quit for 3 years and came back and he wanted his original character back. As for people wanting to delete, they might be mad and decide to quit then want to come back. Eventually all the inactives will be moved out but until then they make good targets for devotion plunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentor_Rambler View Post
        They have set rules for which characters they will delete. Some players have recharged and quit for a time then decide to come back and play. They don't want to start over usually. For example a guy on my server quit for 3 years and came back and he wanted his original character back. As for people wanting to delete, they might be mad and decide to quit then want to come back. Eventually all the inactives will be moved out but until then they make good targets for devotion plunders.
        They could always "delete" inactive characters but save their character file.

Inactive for 3 months? Delete.
        Come back? File for a character restore and make the process only take 2-3 days (reasonable given the right system is created for it)

There's no downfalls that I can see in doing that other than people who quit won't have immediate access to a character but, would probably save on sooooooo much lag and useless stats/cities.
        S791, Indominus
        Knighted Archer
        Imperials Guild Master

Comment

Fancy, that didnt happen to my knowledge for ages, the not saving cache was in patch 5 something so should be before that so means like 3 years off play that my server at least didnt get some reset to newbie town till 2 days ago the merge... i feel a bit less lag now, though nothing changed besides all inactives being trown to newbie town...

mhzackary, yeah my thoughts too. but a mentor told me that when the inactives are in newbie town that they wont cause lag either.

Comment

they might move all to newby area but within no time all the inactives will be active for short time and moved back in normal area's on map so probably will never happen ...
            Last edited by theghosthimself; 09-01-2018, 01:55 PM. Reason: editing
            Theonlyghost
            Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
            Server : S122 US-East
            Guild : Fenix
            Class : Mage
            IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

Thats why I said once a year put us back in newbie town... or maybe like MrFancy said like old times every patch...

Comment

Working...
              X