Damage Reduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Reduction

Defense build knight damage reduction skills, including passive, have added up to 155% damage reduction, yet I still take damage. How does that work? The math doesn't add up. Any clues on this?

You can't add up damage reduction; you need to multiply.

So if you have 2 skills, each giving 50% reduction, that's not 100% reduction, but rather 75% reduction. 0.5 * 0.5 = 25% damage taken (75% reduction).

Comment

That makes no sense. And it's only the boss mobs that seem to ignore dmg reduction (which sort of defeats the whole purpose).

Comment

Originally posted by Twoedge View Post
        That makes no sense. And it's only the boss mobs that seem to ignore dmg reduction (which sort of defeats the whole purpose).
        Taking 0 damage would kind of be broken...

So like the previous person said, it's multiplied (but bosses can still bypass this, otherwise the build like I said, would be very broken). It just means you take less damage than anyone who isn't Defence build.

Either that, or it adds onto your PDEF/MDEF possibly, I don't have a Knighted Knight to verify from.
        S791, Indominus
        Knighted Archer
        Imperials Guild Master

Comment

Adding to your existing pdef / mdef makes a bit more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Twoedge View Post
            Adding to your existing pdef / mdef makes a bit more sense.
            It would, because then it'd have a defence value, and your PATK/MATK gives you an attack value, rather than having percentages.
            This is also where Penetration would come into play, rather than having reduction %'s
            S791, Indominus
            Knighted Archer
            Imperials Guild Master

Comment

Working...
            X