Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Immilyn It might be a good idea to get everything gathered at one time and forward it as one proposal.
    The mobs are the way they are to incentivize participation by lower BR players, because they can build up dryads and earn some honor, which was a major complaint from the old BG. Lowering the effects from mobs could help balance that out a bit. Looking at beehappythree's 4th point, perhaps swap what being killed gives with what mobs give?

Meikura001 You are speaking of the days when people use to level camp and be overpowered for their group, only with defined brackets you didn't stand a chance when you had a camper as an opponent, because the stronger people were all in other brackets. We aren't going to see 80/CA/KH brackets. That will just encourage level camping again, and we'd be right back to where we started years ago, with people not participating because of those overpowered campers.

beehappythree There needs to be a reason for people to have VIP. I think the reduction of honor loss is one of the last useful benefits in the late game. The devs aren't going to go for removing that. They also aren't going to go for giving a ton of honor at once, even if you do need millions to level up the medallion. I've found that even without VIP reducing the loss of honor, I net more honor than I lose even if I win no fights in BG as long as I participate every day, but I do win the occasional fight due to dryads. If more people participated, there would be a larger diversity on the field so overall honor loss would be much lower for everyone. The focus should be on how to get more people to want to participate. At best, maybe we could add in a suggestion to reduce the loss of honor when you die, but we'd need that to be presented in chart form.

I'm not sure if your third point is asking for rewards that you can exchange your medallions and double honor scrolls for, or if you are asking for medallions and double honor scrolls to be added to an exchange. If it's the former, the devs will take that as you don't need more medallions, and therefore don't need more honor, so they aren't going to understand why you'd need changes to the battleground. And if it's the latter, if the devs are agreeable to giving us more medallions, they will be most likely to only do so in one place, and we're going to be forwarding a separate suggestion that covers medallions. I don't think adding medallions to an exchange would help with battleground participation, since we wouldn't need to participate in pvp events to get honor.

Leave a comment:

• beehappythree
    replied
    Suggestions BG:
    1) Joining BG won't lose honor (vip or non vip), Many just away from keyboard (afk) or for attendance only because of that few players are active playing. We join BG to gain honor, not to lose.
    2) Getting 3K honor in BG will earn medallion x5 while getting 6K max honor will earn medallion x10. Players need millions of honor to level up medallion.
    3) Can add BG rewards in exchange for medallion and double honor scroll.
    4) If a player got killed, should increase buff by level 8 (includes attack, defense, hp).

Leave a comment:

• Meikura001
    replied
    Until BGs are somewhat matched (all the puppies in one bowl, all the Cliffords in another), I don't think many players are going to return (especially this one). Back then, BGs were matched to nearly (and close to) same BR of the entrants. This has made it more fluid and gives more incentive for people to gun down their opponents for revenge and bragging rights.

Now, it's just pure junk in my opinion as that aspect is gone.

Leave a comment:

• Immilyn
    replied
    I do agree with that actually. I for one believe that dryads have gotten wildly out of control. Many players spend the entire battleground running from one npc to the next, unable to be hit due to "protection" that appears to last for varying lengths of time, building dryads until their character is ready to nuke someone. I think the biggest problem is that the non-team specific goblins along the center pathways gives level 8 dryads for each one killed (40% increase). In previous versions of battleground no npcs gave that large of a boost. Perhaps this needs to be toned back to the level it used to be in older battlegrounds (level 4 instead of level 8 I think?).

I originally left dryads out of my post as I figured it was best to try and tackle one issue at a time. I've seen a lot of hostility lately between flag runners and flag holders and I thought alleviating some tension and adding options to gain some small amounts of honor beyond what we already get would at least be a step in the right direction in terms of improving battlegrounds. If we can solve multiple issues at one time though I'd be all for it.

Leave a comment:

• MemoryLane
    replied
    Some people would say dryads have contributed to the death of the battleground. I see you don't mention dryads. Does that mean you don't agree with that sentiment, and believe just fixing how the points and flag function would entice people to return?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X