No announcement yet.

Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUge, just huge Laaag on server S265 Frost Summit. No matter what I click - receiving message "Loading". Often it takes a few minutes and multiple clicks to open anything. And even when it finally starts It's very loading - takes up to 1 minute or more to fully load\open. The game practically is not playable with such performance.

Comment

here is the lag issue

Click image for larger version

Name:	lagprob.png
Views:	2
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1978866 that will stay in bottom of screen for ever in gamerocks when ya have lag only way to get rite of is refresh
      seems the connecting between that specified r2 link towards the gamerocks platform is bugging it goes from the words "looking up to transferring data to read" then it hangs.
      When the lag in minimized(as far that can be) then that line is normally invisible to see or it goes so fast before dissapear that ya not really notice....Perhaps R2/7ROAD or whoever does the dev's work should start working on that lag issue for gamerocks instead of pumping out new stuff tghat makes lag even worse
      Attached Files
      Theonlyghost
      Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
      Server : S122 US-East
      Guild : Fenix
      Class : Mage
      IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

if my toaster had lag i never get a perfect piece of toast as it is it will always be burnt hahahaa

Comment

So another maintenance done nd ;lag increases instead of decreasing so ya moderators here can stop saying they are aware of it and working on it and blah blah clear cache blah blah try otehr browser blah blah try other time of day blah blah etc .... just tell them to shut down the game and fix it before they put it back on.... oh with a warning on forehand of course so that way they can minimize the compensation
          Theonlyghost

Comment

Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
            So another maintenance done nd ;lag increases instead of decreasing so ya moderators here can stop saying they are aware of it and working on it and blah blah clear cache blah blah try otehr browser blah blah try other time of day blah blah etc .... just tell them to shut down the game and fix it before they put it back on.... oh with a warning on forehand of course so that way they can minimize the compensation
            tell me about it ive used ccleaner more than ever when playing this game latley used to be once per week now its every few hrs

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post

tell me about it ive used ccleaner more than ever when playing this game latley used to be once per week now its every few hrs
              there more woried about those bloody tomato's, never saw before that a event ends and ya have 2 months to still use them bet those dev's where all on vacation from 20st of dec til few day ago when they started the announcement to use them lol ..So now they are back on the workfloor ....FIX THE BLOODY LAGG
              Theonlyghost

Comment

Part of the problem we have in addressing issues is just how inconsistent and difficult ALL ticket issues are for us players to address.

There is a legitimate argument that support should be asking us to do simple things like "clear cookies and cache" where they are fairly certain that should help where the symptoms are as we describe, and if we don't tell them we've done so, they should be asking that of us first in those situations.

But, there are times (many for me) where I've actually stated something (like, "I've cleared cookies and cache" or "I've tried several other browsers," or "I've restarted my router and modem and my computer," or "I've tried three other computers before reporting this issue") and they've ignored what I wrote and told me to do what I said I just did.

There are other times where the real and obvious answer is on Wartune's end. Not once only, but the majority or the lion's share of the times where there's an issue.

Where I respect the need to be certain this isn't "operator error" (or, in this case, player error), Support first sounds like it doesn't understand its own game(s), and the devs insisting on screen caps for things that can't be screen capped (like, my game suddenly crashes out whenever I start Sylph Expedition...how do I screen cap a sudden crash?...please explain what meaningful data I can provide there other than the white screen with a question mark in it proving the game died on me, or the black screen I sometimes get...that's if the browser even stays open at that point).

With the number of tickets filed over the span of time, many closed before being worked at all, it's also entirely fair to say that when we're asked to listen and do what Support says, there's this big component of it where Wartune is essentially "crying wolf." They silently try to push back to prolong things and not work the critical issues, and try to make us feel more worthless than a mote of dust in someone's eye, knowing full well all the time in most cases the problem is they are not spending on their own game to entice players to continue spend and play...then they complain about not making enough now to just go full throttle investing in the game to make it work. Can't have it both ways. If you're still in here, the smart thing to do is fix problem, FIX THE LAG, and make it a fun game...not a series of technical challenges foisted on players at the mercy of the devs.

The other sad misfortune about all this is when, as an exceptional case, Support actually comes up with a real answer players need to hear, they've numbed the player community so much the players ignore or mistrust even a great and valid solution to a real and important problem.

For my part, if Support tells me in a ticket to do something, if possible I do it. If they don't bother to read the contents of my tickets, shame on them. But, I try hard to cooperate. Start there, keep stating that you DID do what they asked, THEN you can rightly and justly complain when they didn't fix a legitimate issue. Most here have done that...maybe all have?...and the lag is Wartune's fault.

Now, is that graphics overburdening the game? Probably that's a major component since it's got much worse with Patch 8.0 and the Goddesses, and many are now shutting their goddesses off (so what use are they in the game if you can't use them?) because of how much trouble they cause. Is it an issue going to HTML 5.0? I'm uncertain, but even the devs are claiming that's a big issue, so, hey guys, get with the program and update what you need...it's not a completely new LANGUAGE, just a different version, so doubtful you need to re-write EVERY line of code from HTML 4.0...just work on that instead of trying to add more "patches" with new events the graphics of 4.0 can't handle (yes, I actually do know the graphics themselves aren't written in any version of HTML, just accessed through the browser, &c., &c.)...there is NO POINT IN GETTING US NEW EVENTS OR FEATURES NOBODY CAN SMOOTHLY SEE AND PLAY, SO DON'T BOTHER! Get to HTML 5.0, see if that fixes the lag issues. If not, reduce or remove graphics for goddesses. Get us a better result than "Hey, players, live with it because we're not sure we wanna be bothered...while we DO want more of your money!"

Don't cry wolf and show me disrespect and expect my wallet to open for you. FIX THE LAG, please!

Originally posted by theghosthimself View Post
                there more woried about those bloody tomato's
                Given hundreds of tomatoes to throw at the lag, I am not distracted from the fact it still needs to be fixed.
                Maybe instead they could have given us an event where we throw those tomatoes at virtual representations of the devs...but, seriously, too many items all the time, even the item icons are adding to the lag, and we could use some relief, not more development the game, by their own admission, can't handle. I can't understand why there's any more development until lag issues are solved and vanquished, and why it wouldn't be Job #1 any time lag rears its head. It's killing your revenue, our fun, and so it's killing the game's future. Why haven't you thrown yourselves all over this one and fixed it?

Comment

Thinking I saw a tiny bit of gradual improvement, last night and today are again MUCH worse. Is nobody taking this issue seriously at 7Road?

Maybe, we've got this all wrong. We're filing tickets about lag. But, instead of complaining we have too much, we should probably ask them to add MORE lag and crashes...puts us on a more even playing field with the worst of the cashers (who also can't play through this). I suspect then we'd get ticket responses telling us to STOP clearing cookies and cache, stop refreshing browsers, stop rebooting the computers and routers we have...it would have the virtue of being easier to satisfy the requests in the ticket, while still not having things work.

It's pretty obvious this got worse with the advent of the Goddesses. What about that mention in this forum to minimize their graphics, just make them a halo above the toon?...is anyone paying serious attention to that kind of (hopefully constructive) suggestion, or do the devs hope enough of us go away that a decision to abandon the game is met with relief instead of the honest indignation it, and they, deserve?

Comment

Like many of us, I'm still having issues with Lag. It's an issue being ignored by devs and support.

This week, they've managed with me to exceed their past glories in offering disrespect to players who are trying to help them by reporting problems in hopes of improving their game.

As part of this whole mess, when you are in an event like World Boss, sometimes (especially in the round during which the Boss can take damage) you get in and the boss is invisible and HP still show in the HP bar, or, the boss is visible, but the HP bar is empty while attacks proceed (and no announcement is made that someone has the final strike). During all this, it often happens that skills (some or all of them) get greyed out. I provided a screen cap of it, too. Unlike many issues, like insta-crashes, this was actually one where I provided a meaningful picture, and absolute proof this was happening.

I got the following response:
                    "To be honest this is only the report of such case as we have yet to hear from another player who has this issue from world boss"

First, I gave proof.
                    Second, even if it's only one report, especially with proof, that doesn't mean it's not an issue.
                    Third, with pushback like that, no wonder people aren't reporting problems, and no wonder the game isn't attracting many new players by word of mouth, as it used to.

My ticket was actually closed without reply, and I had to get the closure message and work to re-open it, which is where I got told my proof meant nothing, and in the middle of so many other profound game problems (mainly to do with lag now anyway...it's all the same core issue) they wanted to dismiss proof and not bother to work the ticket because they didn't have hundreds of people banging on their door to fix it. Frankly, people are tired of banging on Wartune Support's door when proof is dismissed, disrespect is handed out to all, and pushback is the only order of business.

Or is nobody else getting such experiences? For me, they're routine.

Comment

Plenty of times they do not fix.
                      Go into afk mode when fighting you will see your sylph(when having the cooldown titan on 4th spot and awakening 1 on first ) that it will do 3x same skill even when it is on countdown no matter what sylph you use they all have it with certain skill... i send a ticket about that with clip ... all there response is..do wb without afk..... "and ticket done and over with'''

Other tickets often do not get a reply at all so can not proof even it is send , since for gamerocks players the option to see ticket history is taken out last year with patch 8.0.
                      If you get reply it is like you talk to someone who has no clue what your ticket is about .. you can send in tons of screenshots and or small clips... As long it is not balen related(included login cause need to do that to be able to recharge of course) ,or offensive /disturbing/ threatening or a harassing situation noting basically gets done.
                      Perhaps 1 out of 100 small easy issue's they will fix (hide)

So sending tickets is basically useless if it is about functioning of the game unless you just want to get rite of some frustration at that moment.
                      Theonlyghost

Comment

Im using basic Maxthon Nitro browser with no addons and it's even bad

Comment

guess the LAG from today will show us what we will have after patch as long you do nothing else then running around in cloud city everything is like a bullet that fast...... you open up anything and bammm ya on a standstill so if that is going to happen with patch then they s well can throw game in the ditch at the gamerocks platform cause it is unplayable at moment

i can not say what i think further cause i would get some infractions....not sure for 100% what it means but does not sound positive

so here by the x-rated version ************* ************************* *************************** ************************************** ************* fill in with what ya feel what is appropriate for the amount of lag at this moment
                          Last edited by theghosthimself; 04-16-2019, 09:19 AM. Reason: taking out spelling errors
                          Theonlyghost

Comment

biggest casher on my server has stopped he not even get vip anymore is this a statement of intent or is it what r2 wants all players to do make up your minds

Comment

A couple of months later, and things are only worse.

Lag is my constant companion in this game, and there are now events I can't play.

Those I can play, like arena, lag me through entire turns, so that I now can only be certain there is no "fair fight" or test of strength...or fun...just getting through the event if I can, missing several turns at a time from the lag, and taking whatever rewards are doled out. Today, for the first time, I got so frustrated with lag, I just left arena with 13 left to fight and I'm not going back.

There are events many players now won't play at all, like Speed Challenge, because it's no challenge. We've already lost the fight to lag before we enter, and it's like trying to compete in a sprint while you're underwater. Slow and not fun. That's if you're not one of those who blackscreen and have to keep re-logging during a timed event and hold up the whole team.

There are events like Castle Wars where players lose connection and can't log back in, and any kills they had neither register in the final roster showing scores nor get them rewards. It's due to lag. We lost SIX in one CW a couple of nights ago, and lost a battle where we should have won.

There are events like League Rumble, just last night, where our team of four was all standing at the end, with no healers, but lagging mightily and skills wouldn't work, and we still killed three of four opponents, had a fourth nearly killed, and we lost. Rather clearly, we'd done more damage, in addition to having the fewest lost HP in the room. The same opponents had just managed another similar victory against another Rumble team from our guild. Unplayable, unfair, NOT fun.

I've been told we need more different people in here to comment before we're heard. Lag has driven most who would comment from the game, certainly from this forum. Even active servers are dying from this.

I've been told we need to be more specific about which events, and how everyone is impacted. It's all events. Even the R2Mentor I talked to last night told me yet again that Support ignores or pushes back on tickets, nobody who can do anything will do it unless they hear from voices being driven away, the issue is known and not handled as needed. Daily I'm hearing in my own guild how people are going to leave over this.

I've been told I need to be specific about what we all are seeing, so there's a reference point. I could spend a lifetime writing up the list for someone's reference, it's everything, it's everywhere, it's constant. Not just disconnects, but some not even being able to log back in easily. It's a general problem. From stuttering motion, to whitescreens, to blackscreens, to sluggish motion preventing us from moving, to people doing connection speed tests and seeing blazing-fast connections (like myself) but having issues ONLY in this game...it's Wartune.

Guys, I do more than a lot of players in rallying folks to the game, to having fun...sorry if blowing my own horn here, but it needs to be said. But, saying that, there are many people, especially people like your Mentors, who do far more. We do it for free. We're here to have fun and to share that fun. Blowing us off and doing nothing to help is bad enough.

But, with genuine issues with lag, likely linked to graphics, when we're already begging for you to help, the 8.X patches, one at a time, are just slaps in our face. Adding Cuties in 8.5...really, what did we need with that? What we're seeing, too, is if we remove the Cutie and Goddess (patch 8.0) in World Boss, we score higher, so who even cares if Battle Rating goes up if it impairs us in battle? Lag is just THAT BAD.

There's a great game hiding underneath all of this. We love the people we've met, and we're hoping one day soon the devs will buy some kind of clue and do the right thing. UNDO THE 8.X "ENHANCEMENTS" AND GIVE US BACK OUR GAME. FIX THE LAG!

Until then, you can test anything you want on-site, without the real world connection we players suffer through on your game, and no matter what YOU see, what WE see has players quiiting, or has them stopped from spending. Your own volunteers, your Mentors, who do great work for nothing, who are experts, who are your best advocates for everything right in Wartune, share my opinions and have more of the same kind of their own. They will ALL tell you the devs are a stone-deaf bunch who frustrate us by tantalizing us with possibilities, but keep the game so unplayable we can't enjoy what is obviously right there before us. They, too, will tell you to FIX THE LAG. It's nothing new. And if I'm saying the same thing months after earlier posts, it's because it hasn't been fixed, and those it hasn't yet driven away are hanging in, but not really expecting we can hang in forever now. And talk about that is rampant.

It's EVERY player. It's BAD. It NEEDS to be fixed. NOW.

And if you're really still struggling with this concept, you can easily send us a survey and just ask every player, on a scale of 1 to 10, how bad lag is. Very simple. If you aren't averaging 9 or 10, I'd be surprised. It's in the way on EVERY event. Players are just too tired from beating their heads against the wall that is the devs to keep bothering to report it in tickets to a Support staff stuck handling issues they know the devs refuse to handle, even if it would save their own game and make them money. In what business model does that even make sense?

Heck, if a written survey doesn't do it for you...just come in and chat in World Chat and talk. You'll hear about the lag there. It's a topic that never ends, and inside and outside guilds, it's almost all that's discussed. Play the game you designed with the people now playing it. You'll hear.

PLEASE, fix the lag. Stop making excuses, or assuming anyone anywhere believes there is no lag in this game. Just get on with it while you have a game still to preserve. For your own sakes if not for the players. For your profits if not for player fun. Devs, really, do it for you and your bonuses. That's all we're asking here. Start there, the rest follows. Without it, there's soon nothing left to discuss.
                              Last edited by Centaur0001; 06-14-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

can't wait for the lag that will be caused by the upcoming patch, gl test servers, in the words of wartunes dev's ":may the lag be with you"..."its not the game it is your computer"
                                Live long and prosper.

Comment

Working...
                                X