Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wartune relevant in 2019 ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Wartune relevant in 2019 ?

    I am in a big dilemma rn,I wish I would return to playing Wartune,have been a veteran in the game since launch I've stayed trough different servers with Free/Casher accounts but I stopped about half a year ago,or about when cauldron and the goddess system was implemented(might've been more than half a year idk haven't played in a long-time let's leave it at that).
    Now I don't have a problem at grinding and *** like that cause I know how time-consuming this game is,but I don't know if it will attract me as much at it did 2-3 years ago.There's a lot of new stuff that might not be accomplished by a F2P char,one wich I want to play 4 now cause I do not intend to spend on R2's lust of money anymore,I know well how the memes go in the wartune community.I would really appreciate if you current players enjoy this game and how much would you reccomend it to a returning players (like what would be the pros/cons ).Thanks a lot !

  • #2
    Honestly, you'd have to jump in and play to see if the game in its current state is a game that you are interested in. There's still people who enjoy the game for what it is, both f2p and otherwise.
    Interested in becoming a Forum Moderator? Fill out the application HERE!

    Rules of the Forum are found here.

    R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
    Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

    For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DeathIn3D View Post
      I am in a big dilemma rn,I wish I would return to playing Wartune,have been a veteran in the game since launch I've stayed trough different servers with Free/Casher accounts but I stopped about half a year ago,or about when cauldron and the goddess system was implemented(might've been more than half a year idk haven't played in a long-time let's leave it at that).
      Now I don't have a problem at grinding and *** like that cause I know how time-consuming this game is,but I don't know if it will attract me as much at it did 2-3 years ago.There's a lot of new stuff that might not be accomplished by a F2P char,one wich I want to play 4 now cause I do not intend to spend on R2's lust of money anymore,I know well how the memes go in the wartune community.I would really appreciate if you current players enjoy this game and how much would you reccomend it to a returning players (like what would be the pros/cons ).Thanks a lot !
      It depends totally in how you wana play this. If you attemp to be aply to do it all and be the servers nro 1 or 10th.. it wont go whitout paying, sense it demans too much time and hey we all have our lifes too, right (wich i think the devs forgot a long time ago...). But if you play for fun and select the things you need to do daily for to be aply to increase you toon and you own game play, then I think you would enjoy this as a free player too. For my big sorrow the PVP part of this gmae is dieng, wich makes me slowly disappear from wartuen Im afraid. If they dont do something to BG or find out some other PVP thing .. I dont know how long I stay.
      Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
      Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Katjuza View Post

        It depends totally in how you wana play this. If you attemp to be aply to do it all and be the servers nro 1 or 10th.. it wont go whitout paying, sense it demans too much time and hey we all have our lifes too, right (wich i think the devs forgot a long time ago...). But if you play for fun and select the things you need to do daily for to be aply to increase you toon and you own game play, then I think you would enjoy this as a free player too. For my big sorrow the PVP part of this gmae is dieng, wich makes me slowly disappear from wartuen Im afraid. If they dont do something to BG or find out some other PVP thing .. I dont know how long I stay.
        Well tbh I was really interested in PVP but it changed so much in reccent years,and not in the good state most of the players were expecting.Arenas were so much more enjoyable in good ol' wartune,most fights taking into overtime and BG's aswell but since the term ''camping'' doesn't exist anymore since the world prosperity boost hit the servers and took most of us by surprise. IMO campers were powerhouses that sacrificed rankings and kept polishing their BR purely because most of them didn't have the time to spend in-game due to idk maybe work or other activities that would've interfered with that.So if possible I am going to keep waiting on this topic a bit more b4 giving it a thought cause I REALLY would love to hear other opinions of current players,also thanks a lot for responding you 2 <3

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          Honestly, you'd have to jump in and play to see if the game in its current state is a game that you are interested in. There's still people who enjoy the game for what it is, both f2p and otherwise.
          Since I wrote this post my hands tickled to see if there were other posts on the forum in regard to/ stating almost in the same words their questions about the current game state.I am curious if you can answer me this questions,since you helped me in the past with some other questions,glad to see you're doing hella fine job as a moderator here Lane
          Ok so in regards to my questions: 1. Would you say there is a possibility for me to spend a moderate time on the game(I'm not that young anymore and time is beggining to be more and more precious for other IRL stuff to waste it on) and not have to specifically fire straight up to lvl 80 ,basically is any slight chance I can dodge the world prosperity since I want to stay in the 30-40 bracket for a bit ?
          and 2.I found this post about wartune being closed down in 2020.Could you give me some information from all you've gathered so far ?
          Thanks a lot again for responding earlier,very much appreciated

          Comment


          • #6
            Campers were people who held their level so they could be as strong as possible in their level bracket for pvp. With much of the character building content being at lvl 80 - knighthood, there's very little benefit to holding your level these days, unless you're trying to farm the sub-80 battleground for titles. Holding your level means you'll be behind on the things that impact battles elsewhere, which are goddesses, dragonchant, and cuties. It is definitely much harder to hold your level, with all of the sources of exp, including the exp you're given when you log in each day. Some people still try to hang back and build on things, I just don't see the point in doing so now, with solo pvp confined to battlegrounds and Ares. If you're really wanting to dodge as much exp as possible, make sure you keep the game open through daily reset so you don't get that daily exp bonus, but you can't turn off world prosperity.

            The speculation about the game closing in 2020 comes from Flash support ending at the end of 2020. We won't know more about what really happens to games that run on flash until closer to the end of 2020.
            Interested in becoming a Forum Moderator? Fill out the application HERE!

            Rules of the Forum are found here.

            R2Games Ticket System for browser games: www.r2games.com/support
            Mobile game Ticket System is accessed through the in-app support link.

            For additional assistance with a ticket, please provide a moderator with your ingame name, server, and game.

            Comment


            • #7
              The game is/was still enjoyable, but with R2's very aggressive server merges, no matter what you do you'll end up on a server populated entirely by characters that are years old within a few weeks of the server opening (and at that point the server will be so laggy the game is unplayable anyway), so it definitely doesn't have the longevity it used to.

              I'd strongly advise against spending any money in any way if you're they type to like to be competitive - there's absolutely no point any more.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
                Campers were people who held their level so they could be as strong as possible in their level bracket for pvp. With much of the character building content being at lvl 80 - knighthood, there's very little benefit to holding your level these days, unless you're trying to farm the sub-80 battleground for titles. Holding your level means you'll be behind on the things that impact battles elsewhere, which are goddesses, dragonchant, and cuties. It is definitely much harder to hold your level, with all of the sources of exp, including the exp you're given when you log in each day. Some people still try to hang back and build on things, I just don't see the point in doing so now, with solo pvp confined to battlegrounds and Ares. If you're really wanting to dodge as much exp as possible, make sure you keep the game open through daily reset so you don't get that daily exp bonus, but you can't turn off world prosperity.

                The speculation about the game closing in 2020 comes from Flash support ending at the end of 2020. We won't know more about what really happens to games that run on flash until closer to the end of 2020.
                u miss the true holy point of camping, wich were to be aply to stay on 70`s BG as long as possibly to be aply to get the honor and PVP titels before entering to 80`s and KH BG, because it was alot easier in the 70`s BG, and this comes from an old camper who camped as long as it was possibly damn I went 6 months doing only BG att one time :P just to avoid all the exp...
                Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
                Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

                Comment


                • #9
                  We still have campers now, at Lvl 80 - just don't want bg hassle until all titles are gained.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by R21535280 View Post
                    We still have campers now, at Lvl 80 - just don't want bg hassle until all titles are gained.
                    there cant be BG hassle todays.. BG:s are pretty empty
                    Like a winderwind my whispers confuse you, they make yours ears freeze and before you notice Im gone by the wind. I made you heart hurt? Oh no, dont worry, Its just marks after my bow!
                    Sticks like a rose and may be deadly..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      As of the switch from game play servers to R2 or whatever they were called, I haven'y been able to login even though I played this game for almost 7 years. Customer Support is no help or complete idiots.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I personally intend to go back, and can share my pros and cons.
                        Pros:
                        It is still by far the most-diverse in terms of character development MMORPG. Much of the everything else is 100% auto to a degree where you can set an algo do everything for you. So if you like games that require a degree of strategic thinking, this is still fun.
                        Although many people moan about PVP, less PVP also means far less bullying, which definitely makes it more attractive to people whose main aim in life is not to hurt others but rather focus on PVE.
                        It still has too many players and enough new ones join so little chance of having nobody to team up with.
                        Cons:
                        If you want to be top-1%, it requires far more spending than the vast majority of games, since it gives too little in-game value-per-dollar.
                        Uncertainty about its future past-2020.

                        If you were a spender an extra minus is that you no longer benefit from a "coming back" event that used to give you a chance to start on a new server with 50% of what you had spent before. That one used to be one of the major incentives for people who have quit for RL reasons to consider making a fresh start when life circumstances change. Sadly, this is now gone for good both for R2 and Proficient-based servers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by martinus1972 View Post
                          I personally intend to go back, and can share my pros and cons.
                          Pros:
                          It is still by far the most-diverse in terms of character development MMORPG. Much of the everything else is 100% auto to a degree where you can set an algo do everything for you. So if you like games that require a degree of strategic thinking, this is still fun.
                          Although many people moan about PVP, less PVP also means far less bullying, which definitely makes it more attractive to people whose main aim in life is not to hurt others but rather focus on PVE.
                          It still has too many players and enough new ones join so little chance of having nobody to team up with.
                          Cons:
                          If you want to be top-1%, it requires far more spending than the vast majority of games, since it gives too little in-game value-per-dollar.
                          Uncertainty about its future past-2020.

                          If you were a spender an extra minus is that you no longer benefit from a "coming back" event that used to give you a chance to start on a new server with 50% of what you had spent before. That one used to be one of the major incentives for people who have quit for RL reasons to consider making a fresh start when life circumstances change. Sadly, this is now gone for good both for R2 and Proficient-based servers.
                          only got 1 thing to say Its a wargame hence the word WAR in Wartune Wish we got more attempts to plunder in wilds or more spots where you just can attack (not only in atoll) if main goal is not to hurt then choose farmville or a boardgame/ go live in a cave hihihi
                          Theonlyghost
                          Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
                          Server : S122 US-East
                          Guild : Fenix
                          Class : Mage
                          IGN : Theonlyghost

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            all wrong about the "campers" in game. they weren't "campers" but they did stay at the same level and r2games worked with them by adding talents and other ways to use experience without leveling up. Level was never the issue in BG. Same for titles. It was only for control of the game and to say something about the level. Don't ask Sara or purple Aliesa. All working against the other and spending lots of money to do so, making it a profitable game for r2games. BB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Game is no longer the fun social vehicle it used to be. Too much money grabbing by R2 you know you can patch pants for a time,,,,but finally they gotta go away.too. If u r looking for a way to just blow cash....this is ur game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X