Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

System Spam Notifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Spam Notifications

In WC and all the other areas we are getting nothing but system spam, really noticeable as you have dropped astral collection to VIP 1

We were doing stockade, and you can and do miss when the next area is unlocked, the notification really should come up on the screen, not in chat - see below

This is not a bug. Would you like this thread moved to Suggestions?
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Sorry for spam, the fault is mine because I simply didn't thought about what consequences could it bring to others. Next time I will do it at night/early morning, but probably it will get in the way of some people anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
        This is not a bug. Would you like this thread moved to Suggestions?
        Yeah you can do.

Comment

Done. And would you like the forwarded suggestion to be about the astral notifications, or about Stockade notifications?

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

To be honest, I think the vast majority of the system message spam should be eliminated, and when you're in a MP, the only system messages you should see are pertinant to that MP. The last day of the lucky exchange, when everyone is using up their tokens before the new event cycle starts is always the worst. We couldn't even talk in stockade since oceans of system message spam washed away our words so swiftly that it was impossible to see someone had said anything at all. I didn't even know there was a notice to say when another area had opened up. The system apparently thought it more important to tell me who had gotten various clothing items and other "rare" drops.

Comment

Done. And would you like the forwarded suggestion to be about the astral notifications, or about Stockade notifications?
              TBH as per KS222 all system messages should not appear in WC, GC, or Party Chat, and really should be the system part of chat.

It would be nice to get them out of there, and where they should be please forward both the suggestions and this 1

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ellislsd View Post
                In WC and all the other areas we are getting nothing but system spam, really noticeable as you have dropped astral collection to VIP 1

We were doing stockade, and you can and do miss when the next area is unlocked, the notification really should come up on the screen, not in chat - see below

simple solution look at the total team points nxt opens up on 200 points and every 200 points .... plenty of time in it to just look to the left side of your screen
                Theonlyghost
                Platform: Former Kabam/wonderhill/gamerocks now temporarily R2(we hope)
                Server : S122 US-East
                Guild : Fenix
                Class : Mage
                IGN : Theonlyghost

Comment

ive always said wc party guild and system messages should be separate

cuz at mo we just get spammed by luck exchanges

great idea is remove the luck exchange spam from game as I don't wanna see what other ppl win etc

Comment

System messages about what people win are done to entice others to also want to win things, and hopefully lead to them spending money, so those won't be going away. Announcements, like those for pending downtime and other relevant notes, are also sent by System, so would be missed by just about everyone if they aren't sent through to all chats.. but I think we can forward a compromise to not have system announce to Party chat, so that at least they won't interfere with communication during party based events.

Comment

System messages about what people win are done to entice others to also want to win things, and hopefully lead to them spending money, so those won't be going away. Announcements, like those for pending downtime and other relevant notes, are also sent by System, so would be missed by just about everyone if they aren't sent through to all chats.. but I think we can forward a compromise to not have system announce to Party chat, so that at least they won't interfere with communication during party based events.
                      Of course it is about trying to get others to spend, "oh oh look what he just got, I want that, let me break open my wallet." But I think in most cases, if people are going to spend, they are going to spend no matter what they see in chat. The ones that don't spend are not going to spend no matter what they see in chat.. Why not make the really rare items like wings show up in chat instead of every single piece of clothing that would venture to guess 99.9% of active players get every regular piece every set of events.

And you say it is to get others to spend, so all the spam from players getting red astrals is really making people spend? I don't think so especially on older servers.

But like others have said, all the chats should be separate. I understand important system messages like maintenance being shown everywhere, I have no problem with that.

Comment

lmao spend u say but luck exchange (normal version) every one wins everybody gets the clothes and the usual rubbish

the only spam u should see is the wings and mount luck exchange events

even then that doesn't want me to spend as we all know u ave to spent 100k or more balens as the drop rate is so lame even to get a win from wings and mount in luck exchange isn't down to luck at all its down to how much you willing to spend

so plz remove the spam and keep it out of world chat

as memory said if they compromised and kept party chat to party chat so ppl cant see spam wen doing mpd together
                        Last edited by evilharry666; 12-19-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

In my opinion the spam messages don't bother as much but oh boy that Astral spam can drive me insane..
                          Player: Vix
                          Server: S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
                          Guild: Resurgence
                          Lvl 80
                          Class: Archer
                          BR: () crappy

Comment

It's also impossible to communicate properly to run Speed and the flood of system messages adds severely to the lag issue. IMO, there is no need to see everyone on my server who is submitting their puzzles to receive A snowball every time they collect. Things like this are irritating, especially when the event cycles are ending. (Nearly as irritating as the unnecessary pop-ups. Pop-up killers were created for a reason... people DESPISE them.) The lag created from all these messages has added at least 25% more lag. How do I know this? I haven't been able to run Speed in under 5 minutes this week. My usual run time is 3 1/2-4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X