Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Typhoon View Post
    To continue...

Yes, but I CHOOSE to be in the Guild and therefore I CHOOSE to live under this situation (and besides, my Guildmates are awesome and I have asked two or three of them to stalk me). What you and the OP are talking about is implementing a system where I have no consent or choice, short of restricting my farming options (or as Creamy would refer to them - plunderlings) which has negative repercussions (albeit mild) in the game. Why would I opt for that?
    Would you care to explain exactly how would it restrict your farming options? If there is any logic behind that argument, I fail to notice it. Did you know that people can check the name and time someone has stolen their seeds, energized their tree, revived the crop, exterminated the bugs etc in Growth Record at farm during that day? I don't see how would them also knowing the last day you logged on affect you farming them.
    Every second, 75 Teemo named squirrels die. May they rest in pieces <3

Comment

If you're such a pro at stalking your 'friends', which you obviously are, don't try to deny it, you really don't need another addition to check how long they've been offline.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangelfoxie View Post
        Would you care to explain exactly how would it restrict your farming options? If there is any logic behind that argument, I fail to notice it. Did you know that people can check the name and time someone has stolen their seeds, energized their tree, revived the crop, exterminated the bugs etc in Growth Record at farm during that day? I don't see how would them also knowing the last day you logged on affect you farming them.
        Let me try this again, and I'll try to use diagrams to make it easier to follow.

I play an online video game. Part of that game requires me to gain power in the game by having many strangers who also play the game linked to me through the friends system. I do not know these people; I do not run quests or MP Dungeons or Arenas with these people. Normally I would choose who I want on this list, except that I'm new to the game and to develop a certain part of this game I need to rely on a lot of people I do not know, I do not game with, and have no inkling about.

Following so far?

Now, I need these people because they are going to help ME in game (and I may help them in return). They become a necessary evil in the game, and one that I tolerate. IF I choose to do something to their farm, they can see what I've done, but that is only IF I choose to do something to their farm, and it only tells them WHEN I did said thing to their farm. It does not give them logging information (again, if I wanted this, I'd play Dia-BLOW III again), but people are asking for it for no discernibly good reason (because honestly, no one has yet to provide a valid reason for this - but the onus is on those of us saying it's a **** call - why don't you remind me why this is such a good and necessary idea again). This is information that I cannot opt out of giving, which means that the only way I can restrict this information is to eliminate all people I don't want to have this information, which might restrict my "friends pool" to 20 - which means my ToA may not be fully charged which delays vouchers and kyanite (and kyanite is very important). It may also restrict my gold intake as Energizing my Friends ToA provides me with lots of gold for being a friend.

Okay, I think that is explained well enough. Care to run the benefits of having a logging system in place again? Oh yes, to know who is active on your farm.

Now for fun, I think you're also missing another point; in fact, as you note that IF I do something to your farm, it will be logged - but that is IF I do something, and assumes that others have not done more in the interim. Still yet - you point out the growth record and fail to take it the logical step farther - WHICH IS THAT IT DOES ACT AS YOUR LOGGING INFORMATION FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVE IN YOUR FRIENDS LIST. *ahem* Sorry - felt the need to make it abundantly clear.

If you are that concerned about your farm friends, check your log hourly and make a list of people who are active in regards to your farm. Ditch the rest. Don't need a logging system to do that now, do you?
        Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
        Kabam Server 1 - US West
        Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
        S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Guild: Saga

Comment

Let me try this again, and I'll try to use diagrams to make it easier to follow.

I play an online video game. Part of that game requires me to gain power in the game by having many strangers who also play the game linked to me through the friends system. I do not know these people; I do not run quests or MP Dungeons or Arenas with these people. Normally I would choose who I want on this list, except that I'm new to the game and to develop a certain part of this game I need to rely on a lot of people I do not know, I do not game with, and have no inkling about.

Following so far?

Now, I need these people because they are going to help ME in game (and I may help them in return). They become a necessary evil in the game, and one that I tolerate. IF I choose to do something to their farm, they can see what I've done, but that is only IF I choose to do something to their farm, and it only tells them WHEN I did said thing to their farm. It does not give them logging information (again, if I wanted this, I'd play Dia-BLOW III again), but people are asking for it for no discernibly good reason (because honestly, no one has yet to provide a valid reason for this - but the onus is on those of us saying it's a **** call - why don't you remind me why this is such a good and necessary idea again). This is information that I cannot opt out of giving, which means that the only way I can restrict this information is to eliminate all people I don't want to have this information, which might restrict my "friends pool" to 20 - which means my ToA may not be fully charged which delays vouchers and kyanite (and kyanite is very important). It may also restrict my gold intake as Energizing my Friends ToA provides me with lots of gold for being a friend.

Okay, I think that is explained well enough. Care to run the benefits of having a logging system in place again? Oh yes, to know who is active on your farm.

Now for fun, I think you're also missing another point; in fact, as you note that IF I do something to your farm, it will be logged - but that is IF I do something, and assumes that others have not done more in the interim. Still yet - you point out the growth record and fail to take it the logical step farther - WHICH IS THAT IT DOES ACT AS YOUR LOGGING INFORMATION FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTIVE IN YOUR FRIENDS LIST. *ahem* Sorry - felt the need to make it abundantly clear.

If you are that concerned about your farm friends, check your log hourly and make a list of people who are active in regards to your farm. Ditch the rest. Don't need a logging system to do that now, do you?
          1) Not all my friends visit my farm / do something on it
          2) The Growth Record shows the day, the whole day and nothing but the day, checked multiple times and the earliest action shown was always the one that was 1 minute past midnight: Always the same person reviving my farm.
          So no, it won't help much when determining who on my list are actually active, unlike last login date (or even month!) would.

Comment

offline time in guild done and u don't need to know if they're offline and its kinda useless too!

Comment

1) Not all my friends visit my farm / do something on it
              Then why do you want them as friends? (rhetorically loaded question - don't answer it because there is no right answer you can provide)

2) The Growth Record shows the day, the whole day and nothing but the day, checked multiple times and the earliest action shown was always the one that was 1 minute past midnight: Always the same person reviving my farm.
              Only one person revives your farm? You don't need to keep track of your friends - you need to find better friends. Oh, and if you're not online everyday, you are the sux, cause only cool people who log in everyday can make suggestions here. J/K - you're not the sux - but again, if you're noticing a trend, I don't think you need an additional system to point out the obvious.

So no, it won't help much when determining who on my list are actually active, unlike last login date (or even month!) would.
              But you've just stated only one person revives your shiznit, so you've got your answer - that one person and the people you run with. Other than that, ditch those zeroes and get yourself some heroes girl!
              Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
              Kabam Server 1 - US West
              Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
              S5 - Roaring Wetlands
              Guild: Saga

Comment

Then why do you want them as friends? (rhetorically loaded question - don't answer it because there is no right answer you can provide)

Only one person revives your farm? You don't need to keep track of your friends - you need to find better friends. Oh, and if you're not online everyday, you are the sux, cause only cool people who log in everyday can make suggestions here. J/K - you're not the sux - but again, if you're noticing a trend, I don't think you need an additional system to point out the obvious.

But you've just stated only one person revives your shiznit, so you've got your answer - that one person and the people you run with. Other than that, ditch those zeroes and
                get yourself some heroes girl!
                I meant that one certain person is always the first one of the day to revive my farm, others do revive it as well. And I have some people who I'm either fond of (such as each and every single person whose name refers to League *-*) and friends whom I love / adore :3

Comment

Working...
                X