Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astrals and Talents: Do they actually work?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astrals and Talents: Do they actually work?

This is regarding some special astrals. Do they actually work? Do people here have experience?

Astrals
    Refined Goddess Blessing: Reduce damage by 3% per level. Do people notice take they take reduced damage after they level up the astrals? Personally, I've leveled up this astral and have higher than other players but still found that I take similar damage as them.

Enhanced Guardian Angel: I haven't used it before but heard that it's not working well.

Enhanced Deflection: Although stated to be 10%, I've heard that it doesn't work often

Enhanced Regeneration: No idea.

Talent
    Barrier: Does the reduced damage (5% at level 1, 6% at level 2) actually work?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

A lot of archers on my server are using RGB. I only have mine at 9% right now so I'm not sure how useful it is. need to get it to 15% to make a better evaluation.

EGA - just got it. Havent' leveled it.

ED - alot of top archers on my server have it equipped and leveled to 5.

ER - have it leveled to 3. Tried using it in cata's and hasn't triggered once. A guildy of mine says his works and got him an extra 4k hp to beat Fearful Faye.

Barrier - have it. Can't really tell a difference to be honest.

Too wrap up I gave you pretty much nothing. A lot of these are really tough to say yeah in this situation it really worked. I'm going to level EGA and see if MS and Lunitic do less damage too me. I face archers alot so we'll see.

Comment

Goddess blessing does work, along with barrier also. It is true that guardian angel is crappy, along with deflection. Regeneration seems only good to me at very end game, when damage will be distustingly high.

Again, beside the goddess blessing and barrier, rest are my personal opinions only

Cheers!

P.S. An easy way to see goddess blessing effect: go in a very low instance, example void, with a high level group. With the average 10k def of your members, mobs will hit lowest possible, everyone about same (floating dmg makes a LITTLE difference, but still).

Best way to see is on last boss of void AoE. You will notice an average of 120 points of damage to players not having blessing equipped, and shy 100 for the ones having goddess blessing. As 120 average is the lowest last boss can hit, godess blessing kicks in reducing the lowest dmg possible by the said % of the astral. (make sure to take in consideration if your companions have any passive % reduced already, wether in talent or knight passive).

I know it looks confusing as an explanation, but get in there and see for yourself
      Last edited by Bigblete; 02-07-2013, 11:53 PM.
      Wartune - S9 Camp Calorn
      Dragon Pals - S6 Emerald Isle
      Shadowbound - S2 Crystal Meadows
      Weak warrior

Comment

Thanks Bigblete!
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Goddess Blessing works. In 1v1, I've attacked the same guy with and without that astral and it works. Also I've seen some people with higher def taking more damage than some guy with lower def just because he doesn't have GB.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            This is regarding some special astrals. Do they actually work? Do people here have experience?

Astrals
            Refined Goddess Blessing: Reduce damage by 3% per level. Do people notice take they take reduced damage after they level up the astrals? Personally, I've leveled up this astral and have higher than other players but still found that I take similar damage as them.

Enhanced Guardian Angel: I haven't used it before but heard that it's not working well.

Enhanced Deflection: Although stated to be 10%, I've heard that it doesn't work often

Enhanced Regeneration: No idea.

Talent
            Barrier: Does the reduced damage (5% at level 1, 6% at level 2) actually work?
            Don't know about the rest of the Astros there, but personally I use enhanced deflection. It activates a good amount of time for me, but it's not worth it in some places that I don't receive much damage-like in cata.

Comment

Goddes' Blessing is the most noticable - unequip during a WB or GB (hitting the enemy ward tower) with hero tanking and you'll notice it SIGNIFICANTLY.

Guardian Angel - I tested a lv. 5 one (I'm a mage) with a buddy (archer with over 3k crit) a while back and certainly didn't notice any change as to whether or not his arrow shots or armor piercers could crit with/without the astral equipped. My guess is it would work best on a knight in conjunction with their passive that reduces crit.

Deflection - I use this when attacking ward towers - works GREAT in PvE. A bit unreliable in PvP, but I've seen entire teams in group arena using this and... well, yeah, I've self-nuke over 9k damage with a single RoF due to their using it. Works INCREDIBLY well in conjunction with block and dodge astrals since their damage reduction values are factored in AFTER a deflection.

Regeneration - BUGGY. Works GREAT with high damage abilities that only hit ONCE, but if it procs when you're using an AoE or an ability that hits multiple times, you'll notice that the heal values are terribly low (with a lv. 4 E - Regen, which is 40% I noticed that I would get heal values of 387 when I'd use Rain of Fire on one knight, from whom I would hit for ~4.8k x 2) - even if I were to only get 40% of ONE hit from a mult-hitting ability, the values should be higher. Works incredibly well, however, if it procs when I use Thunderer, however (and just like deflection, even if an enemy blocks or dodges an attack, I'll still get x% of what WOULD'VE been the normal damage roll).

Comment

For a level 50 archer would you equip Enhanced Goddess Blessing and what astral would you take out in place of it. When you are fighting in arena solo obviously you can switch out Pdef and Mdef, but what about situations like Battleground and Guild Battles? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
                  For a level 50 archer would you equip Enhanced Goddess Blessing and what astral would you take out in place of it. When you are fighting in arena solo obviously you can switch out Pdef and Mdef, but what about situations like Battleground and Guild Battles? thanks
                  I rather equip illusion...as for the other 2, you'll just have to adjust accordingly (harder for guild battles). If you constantly face more knights and archers than mages, leave out your mdef astral and vice versa. For battleground, you can already view your opponents to tell which astral will be used less often (you can pick who you want to fight as well. Just keep on attacking other players so that the high lvls can't hit you since you're on protection.)
                  IGN: Athena
                  Guild: Warriors
                  Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Class: Archer
                  Difficulty Level: Noob
                  BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I am revisiting this thread.

Thanks SinnedWill for your input.

Does other people have insights?
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Bigblete View Post
                      Goddess blessing does work, along with barrier also. It is true that guardian angel is crappy, along with deflection. Regeneration seems only good to me at very end game, when damage will be distustingly high.

Again, beside the goddess blessing and barrier, rest are my personal opinions only

Cheers!

P.S. An easy way to see goddess blessing effect: go in a very low instance, example void, with a high level group. With the average 10k def of your members, mobs will hit lowest possible, everyone about same (floating dmg makes a LITTLE difference, but still).

Best way to see is on last boss of void AoE. You will notice an average of 120 points of damage to players not having blessing equipped, and shy 100 for the ones having goddess blessing. As 120 average is the lowest last boss can hit, godess blessing kicks in reducing the lowest dmg possible by the said % of the astral. (make sure to take in consideration if your companions have any passive % reduced already, wether in talent or knight passive).

I know it looks confusing as an explanation, but get in there and see for yourself
                      no its dosent from the troll attacking of 2k but still disame 2k.

Comment

Originally posted by R24782815 View Post
                        no its dosent from the troll attacking of 2k but still disame 2k.
                        Yes, it does. Don't forget that damage rolls vary. Do some testing in a more controlled environment - Ward Tower in GB would be one of the best, since the damage from the tower is quite high (which will make your %-based reduction astral have a more significant effect). 2k damage is pretty low to test a %-based astral with - the aegis astral is more efficient at low-spectrum damage values for reduction than goddes' blessing. When you start seeing bigger numbers, that's when goddess' blessing begins to shine.

Comment

Astral lol
                          astral bug
                          i capture astral every days
                          but i just get lol astral
                          se my astral
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34183[/ATTACH]
                          APE CELOP GAN

Comment

and see my friend astral
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ASTRAL.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	372.9 KB
ID:	1664316
                            APE CELOP GAN

Comment

my friend have good astral but my?????
                              I need yellow Pristine Willpower, Pristine Fortitude.
                              LOL
                              APE CELOP GAN

Comment

Working...
                              X