Communications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communications

With the upcoming patch coming out, our Guild, like many others, is taking steps and making moves that require constant and consistent communications among our AGMs and GMs. We're trying to make decisions for our Guild, hash out ideas before approaching Guild Members and I'm noticing that doing this is rather annoyingly difficult. I'd like to see something done about comms if possible. I see a few solutions that could be implemented that would be handy.

#1 - A dedicated chat channel within a Guild for GMs and AGMs - call it Guild Management Chat or some such thing. This would be nice for real time communication that incorporates all the GMs into a conversation without having to repeat it or have one player be the node of a conversation.

or

#2 - Have a dedicated room where the GM and AGMs can go and speak in party chat. Call it The Office for all I care - but since the only places that really allow a GM and/or AGMs to speak together in private are a multiplayer Arena (limited in times) or an MP Dungeon starting room and these have limits of 3 and 4 people respectively, it would be nice if we could have an in-game area where we could speak quickly and efficiently to more than 1 person at a time without background chat.

As well, I'd like to see a mail option that allows a player to include up to five or so people in a mail message, and NOT for Balens. Yes, the GM can mail out to the entire Guild at a cost of 175 Balens, but I'd like to be able to send a mail to the GM and AGMs in my guild at one time instead of having to copy, paste, and send. Since the mail program doesn't allow us to retain what we've sent by mail, this becomes annoying if I forget to do it the first time. Paying 100 Gold per person on the list is fine by me as well.

For the record, I am aware of external options such as Ventrilo, Mumble, and #mirc and TinyChat - but I'd like to have a system WITHIN the game preferably to limit the drag on older systems.

Just a thought.
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

+1. Oh, ok: +2, because he's such a nice person.

But yes, I fully support this. I feel the (A)GMs, and possibly even officers need more ways to easily communicate.

Comment

I agree an officer chat would be ideal. Makes talking with the officers easier than in guild chat.
      Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
      BR: 67K
      Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

I like this idea. Soo +1. I dont really need it yet but it'd help. xD
        Game: Wartune
        Server: [S64] Baedcove Tower
        Name: Blue
        Class: Mage

Retiring?

Game: Lunaria Story
        Server [S1] Ivory Islet
        Name: Blue
        Class: Hunter

Comment

i opened a thread just like this. if we can invite other players to PM chat window, it would be nice...

Comment

Working...
          X