Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This will surely balance the Archer in a Legal way..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will surely balance the Archer in a Legal way..

There is so many whiners now a days on Archer.. There is so many thing we want to change in archer like adding crit rate or lessen the rage consumtion of skills which i guess is not advisable because all patch , skills etc. is based on chinese sever right?

ok lets put it this way.. We cant add any crit stat or sommething on Archer right sir? But how about making Deep Freeze effective on PVP?

as far as i know it is working in 1v1 pvp duel arena which is an AI.. but in group arena GB and BG it is not.. while in knight's intercept skill..it is working in GA GB and BG but not in arena.. this is my observation..correct me if im wrong..tnx.

Comment

Originally posted by xbangis0928 View Post
      as far as i know it is working in 1v1 pvp duel arena which is an AI.. but in group arena GB and BG it is not.. while in knight's intercept skill..it is working in GA GB and BG but not in arena.. this is my observation..correct me if im wrong..tnx.
      no correction needed you are right on both accounts

Comment

Bloodthirsty bugs alot too, sometimes i hit for 3k dmg and heal only 500 hp (no crit), i got it on lvl2 and supposed to heal 60% that's 1800 hp it's supposed to heal, and not counting the 10% from QTE.

Comment

Archer skills need a big overall, like 80% of archer's skills are garbage for pvp compared to a mage, cost too much rage, low offensive capabilities, being forced to use scatter in pvp but mage not forced to use purify, unable to heal ect... archer is supposed to be a mage's counter -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Unkn0wnX View Post
            Archer skills need a big overall, like 80% of archer's skills are garbage for pvp compared to a mage, cost too much rage, low offensive capabilities, being forced to use scatter in pvp but mage not forced to use purify, unable to heal ect... archer is supposed to be a mage's counter -_-
            Archer skills are not garbage for PvP or PvM. It depends how the character is built in order for it to be successful.
            Morganna
            Server: 112 Seven-Realm: 49 Mage
            Guild: FREEDOM

Need To File A Ticket?

Comment

Deep Freeze DOES have an affect on live pvp targets, but it works differently. On LIVE targets, DF (or any slow such as that which may also come from Thunderer) causes the target's auto-attack to require twice as long before it applies. Yeah, it's not as significant in this situation as it is in PvE, but trust me, when you've nailed a mage with it -unless that mage has a hunk of rage stored up so that he can use 3 abilities in a row-, you're likely to cause SOME delay. See, mages can't just spam Lightning Bolt repeatedly unless they're willing to sacrifice about 1/4 of a turn. GOOD mages that are building rage know to Lightning Bolt, auto-attack, Lightning Bolt, and, well, if you have deep freeze on you, you're FORCED to spam lightning bolt and lose 1/4 of a turn in such a situation. Same thing applies to those knights that have mastered their timing that lets them pick up extra rounds via auto-attack + slasher.

Now that the debuff effect of DF is clear for you on live opponents, keep in mind that it's a moderate-to-severe potentially damaging attack AND it happens to come with the added bonus of being a back-row (or furthest back) targeting ability so that you can use situationally to nail someone specifically. Sure, it's lackluster compared to AP, potentially, but it's not as bad on the rage.

As for archers needing "a complete overhaul of abilities" - seriously, guys, get a set of PvE gear, spam the **** out of AP (which by the way ends up having the most significant debuff impact for taking down a target in the game IMO), learn to use your Poison Arrow (yeah, I said it, stop laughing at the suggestion - go boost your attack value and watch how nasty it becomes in PvP), and laugh mockingly at those diagonally aligned groups whom you can hit all members with a single IS (which is possibly bugged, BTW, since when I was last man standing in group arena today I noticed it hitting me twice). Archers are great if you play them right, and as a mage, I can honestly say that any archer worth his salt despite having somewhat less stats/astrals/etc. compared to me, can EASILY hand me my derriere.
              Last edited by SinnedWill; 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
                Deep Freeze DOES have an affect on live pvp targets, but it works differently. On LIVE targets, DF (or any slow such as that which may also come from Thunderer) causes the target's auto-attack to require twice as long before it applies. Yeah, it's not as significant in this situation as it is in PvE, but trust me, when you've nailed a mage with it -unless that mage has a hunk of rage stored up so that he can use 3 abilities in a row-, you're likely to cause SOME delay. See, mages can't just spam Lightning Bolt repeatedly unless they're willing to sacrifice about 1/4 of a turn. GOOD mages that are building rage know to Lightning Bolt, auto-attack, Lightning Bolt, and, well, if you have deep freeze on you, you're FORCED to spam lightning bolt and lose 1/4 of a turn in such a situation. Same thing applies to those knights that have mastered their timing that lets them pick up extra rounds via auto-attack + slasher.

Now that the debuff effect of DF is clear for you on live opponents, keep in mind that it's a moderate-to-severe potentially damaging attack AND it happens to come with the added bonus of being a back-row (or furthest back) targeting ability so that you can use situationally to nail someone specifically. Sure, it's lackluster compared to AP, potentially, but it's not as bad on the rage.

As for archers needing "a complete overhaul of abilities" - seriously, guys, get a set of PvE gear, spam the **** out of AP (which by the way ends up having the most significant debuff impact for taking down a target in the game IMO), learn to use your Poison Arrow (yeah, I said it, stop laughing at the suggestion - go boost your attack value and watch how nasty it becomes in PvP), and laugh mockingly at those diagonally aligned groups whom you can hit all members with a single IS (which is possibly bugged, BTW, since when I was last man standing in group arena today I noticed it hitting me twice). Archers are great if you play them right, and as a mage, I can honestly say that any archer worth his salt despite having somewhat less stats/astrals/etc. compared to me, can EASILY hand me my derriere.
                Thank God. I didn't wanna type anything up.

Comment

Why you did that man? For most ppl is just easier to spam whine suggestions to see if they nerf other classes wich they dont play or make their class OP. Why you were so cruel to try helping them to play their class properly? sigh...

Comment

Sinner... I never hate you before... but I do now... stop giving them suggestions. D:

I wanna read whine fests damn it.
                    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

well i thought the whine has never been about archer vs mage.. the difference is not that huge to begin with.. the main problem lies with archers against knights at much higher levels lol. not sure how to handle that.. maybe give us a brilliant piece of suggestion for that please, other than to resign our fate to losing

edit: oh and hopefully not the AP suggestion.. after 4 stacks (140 rage needed) its just -1k pdef debuff (about 500 dmg more per hit)
                      Last edited by shynnblu; 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xbangis0928 View Post
                        1 question , base on your reply.. Is it really 100% working fine without exception? =) PVP means , Player Vs Palyer .. AFK or NOT,Solo GB BG or in anywhere or in against any class.. It should be work perfectly fine just like in PVE.. =) I guess reply with --> " its works but in blah blah blah or it works , but sometimes its not.." is not acceptable.. If its working it should be 100% working.. =) Atleast mages are force to use purify.. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Moriganna View Post
                          Archer skills are not garbage for PvP or PvM. It depends how the character is built in order for it to be successful.
                          What do you mean by that? Overall character build? or Skill build? As far as i know, we are talking on skill build here mam.. For me those who know how to build their character is those who are heavy Casher.. But in some point , i agree on you that not all skill is Garbage.. It should be just work fine for what is the skill discription said.. For example..

Deep Freeze = Should work all the time, not only in Solo Arena
                          Incendiary Shot = i dont know if its bug but if i use it , the Status buffs says, " Healing decreased by 50%".. It should be "Damage Decrease by 30%".. =)

Comment

this whiners really want archer dominate in all areas. Archers dominate in wb, necro. good in catacombs, pve, dungeon, group arena. but last on 1v1 pvp. looking into that, archer is balance already. every skill tree of the 3 classes have cons and pros. now if you want archer skills just be pros then that is not balance anymore. lol

Comment

Deep Freeze is not working on PVP LIVE , We try it already..

The cause of delay in PVP LIVE is not because of Deep Freeze , its speed of your PC,Cooldown of your skill , deciding what skill you will use next.. Deciding fast on what skill you will use in next turn won't cause you any delay.. =) Pressing qte fast too wont make your opponent to double atk ( i guess).. =) And dude, you can say Deep Freeze is 100% perfectly working if it give you +1 turn in PVP LIVE just like in PVE.. Because that is what deep freeze skill is all about? Am i right? Only GM and Admin can explain what you are talking about right now.. Only r2games can answer if its has different effect on Monster and Player.. =)

And so far , Scatter is most helpful skill of archer against player with PVE set.. =) Suntoria of Mages and Agoran Shield , Apollo Shield and Reverse Damge of knight.. I'd rather put scatter shot on my skill bar rather than poison arrow.. ^_^v

Comment

Working...
                              X