Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumped The Shark?

Does anyone else get this feeling?

I was looking forward to the patch, and while I find that some of the changes are fun (BGs for example), I still get an overwhelming feeling that the game has jumped the shark. A few others in my guild also feel this way.

Just wondering if anyone else shares this feeling...
    Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
    Kabam Server 1 - US West
    Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
    S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Guild: Saga

I feel the same way, though i don't know how to explain without making myself look dumb >_<
    Morganna
    Server: 112 Seven-Realm: 49 Mage
    Guild: FREEDOM

Need To File A Ticket?

Comment

Duh duh...

Duh duh...
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Moriganna View Post
        I feel the same way, though i don't know how to explain without making myself look dumb >_<
        For me (and this may sound dumb, but I've never been afraid of sounding stupid - I find that I connect with more people when I do ), the game seems to have transitioned from pay2win to pay2compete (without necessarily the win); the problem being that even if you compete, you are only competing against an elite few and the rest you're rolling over. Add to it the ever-increasing grind element to it (yay, more grind! ) and it's just losing it's flavour for me.

The switch to 8 teams instead of 16 for Guild Wars has resulted (on our server at any rate) in the stockpiling of members in the top 8 Guilds solely for the purpose of holding a coveted spot in GW, even though only 50 people can attend the L10 Guilds have 200 or so members (which eliminates them from attending GW all the time).

The clothing has made things ridiculously overpowered for the cashers - one wag on the site said get a rage rune: only problem there is Rage Runes come from drops and you run out quickly; clothes never run out of rage. Add to that the morphing element of the clothing that results in having to buy a new set to keep a certain look, and you have resentment from even the cashers.

BGs are interesting, but on Kabam, they've timed it now with World Boss Redoga Drake, so you get half a BG, and they only give it at the top of the hour, so I can't follow up with another. While I'm sure this will change when the rest of the patch is released, it just seems a pain in the butt to have to choose things to compete quests.

In one way, they are taking up more of my time (10 BGs a day to gain Insig, Honour, etc.) while in other ways they are automating my success (WB Stand-In, Blitzing, Spirit Covenant) - there seems to be less play and more stay to get things done or achieve things.

I don't know - there is more to it than that I guess, but those are off the top of my head (in trying to articulate my dismay) - I've met some awesome people in the game (and on the boards here), but the game has disappointed me with this patch.

Just nice to know I'm not alone in this.
        Finagle's Law - Anything that can go wrong will normally go wrong in the worst possible way.

Malfaedor
        Kabam Server 1 - US West
        Guild: MntyPython

General Zod
        S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Guild: Saga

Comment

Working...
        X