Cross server battle ground sucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImaOhw View Post
    Yep..i agree...this new BG is better than the last time...I Love this new BG (killed lots of new peps..mwahahaha)...got 1k-2k honor almost everytime...got also 700+ honor coz i got killed...well, thats that..."You win some, you lose some"...its the way of life...as they say "You cant win them all"...all you have to do is get stronger...think smart, play smart..
    yes i agree play smart , even non casher 30k br can kill full casher 60k br with 10 dryads and attacking that 60k br casher after it has done battle.
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

I have played a few BGs last days, and overall I think its a nice Idea. But it has flaws. When I go into a BG, attack noone, kill 2 npcs and get 2 kills from being attacked, and next thing I know = I am down 179 Honor from being attacked by Dryad hunters...something is wrong.

Dont tell me its my fault for not having the BR to back my honor lvl...I am strongest Mage on my Server and routinely beat people there who have 1 more Astral and 2 lvls over me.

Dont tell me I must have gotten to Crusader by killing countless weaker ones on Server BGs and now get the payback...cos I didnt. I rarely got over 10 kills in my Servers BGs. What I did was hunting the nub griever Serialkillers, they paid nice honor. Also didnt miss a single GB, that also paid nicely.

SO: Some Elite Warrior pumps up on 40, 50% Dryads and kills me for me loosing 200 honor is by no means acceptable. Simply cos I almost have no way making the Honor back. If I think to go out and stack Dryads myself, ill loose more Honor. Also, not many Knight Crusaders and above at my lvl bracket, so whats the point? If I go the serialkiller way to try and make back the honor...I will inevidably run into DryadStackers again. Plus, I wouldnt want to do that anyway, s just not my Style.

Something is wrong with the System, when youre rendered useless and the Victim while actually being the strongest player on the field. Bugs me even more cos I made MY honor the nice way, NOT grieving countless weaker players. Its called "Honor" after all not "BullyPoints" - or "sneaky DryadStacker points" for that matter. If those guys would at least go after the serialkillers...but NO...

Imho, CSBGs will be a desert soon, with nubgrievers and DryadStackers killing each other. People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore also being locked out of the Boxes rewards. Which makes CSBGs as they are now a fail imho.
      Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
        I have played a few BGs last days, and overall I think its a nice Idea. But it has flaws. When I go into a BG, attack noone, kill 2 npcs and get 2 kills from being attacked, and next thing I know = I am down 179 Honor from being attacked by Dryad hunters...something is wrong.

Dont tell me its my fault for not having the BT to back my honor lvl...I am strongest Mage on my Server and routinely beat people there who have 1 more Astral and 2 lvls over me.

Dont tell me I must have gotten to Crusader by killing countless weaker ones on Server BGs and now get the payback...cos I didnt. I rarely got over 10 kills in my Servers BGs. What I did was hunting the nub griever Serialkillers, they paid nice honor. Also didnt miss a single GB, that also paid nicely.

SO: Some Elite Warrior pumps up on 40, 50% Dryads and kills me for me loosing 200 honor is by no means acceptable. Simply cos I almost have no way making the Honor back. If I think to go out and stack Dryads myself, ill loose more Honor. Also, not many Knight Crusaders and above at my lvl bracket, so whats the point? If I go the serialkiller way to try and make back the honor...I will inevidably run into DryadStackers again.

Something is wrong with the System, when youre rendered useless and the Victim while actually being the strongest player on the field. Bugs me even more cos I made MY honor the nice way, NOT grieving countless weaker players. Its called "Honor" after all not "BullyPoints" - or "sneaky DryadStacker points" for that matter.
        like what condorhero says its fair , u ask for this level bracket so u have to live with it.
        n according to him, probably u must have been bullying lower BR in your server.
        So it must be fairer now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
          Why not just dont do BG at all? Seriously idk whats up with you but it seems you never disagree with anything R2 does.They can make socket rods cost 100 dollars each and you probably say "OH good job R2!" Not trying be an *** and apologize if I do but it just seems that nothing R2 does is wrong to you. The honor system and losing honor just promotes even more bullying and prevents players for even partaking in BG. The whole thing needs a revamp and I shouldn't have to wait 15+months or spend thousands of dollars to get VIP 9 just to play BG with no worries.
          No, I am not agreeing with everything R2 does. Actually, it's 7ROAD that creates everything and R2 just alters transactional costs/localizes. That's it. The "socket rods costing 100 dollars" comment is beyond comprehension and drips with facetiousness, so I won't even bother.

BG promotes bullying no matter what the involved system at play as it's PvP. BG also rewards those who spend, just like the arena matchups, GB and a slew of other events.

What I don't understand is there wasn't any complaining about this at the time of the announcement of 1.5. It was clearly put forth the event was cross server so anyone 60-70+ knew the pain was coming. The only real defenses to this was to spend more, to cease leveling at x9 or, as you aptly put, to not participate.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
            No, I am not agreeing with everything R2 does. Actually, it's 7ROAD that creates everything and R2 just alters transactional costs/localizes. That's it. The "socket rods costing 100 dollars" comment is beyond comprehension and drips with facetiousness, so I won't even bother.

BG promotes bullying no matter what the involved system at play as it's PvP. BG also rewards those who spend, just like the arena matchups, GB and a slew of other events.

What I don't understand is there wasn't any complaining about this at the time of the announcement of 1.5. It was clearly put forth the event was cross server so anyone 60-70+ knew the pain was coming. The only real defenses to this was to spend more, to cease leveling at x9 or, as you aptly put, to not participate.
            Yes this is good, if they cant stand ppl stacking dryads on them pls recharge 1000k balens like namira and get to 90k or 160k br like chinese server.

Comment

There are no flaws as you're not working the system. You're letting yourself get attacked by lower numerically honored players. You cannot let this happen and should take steps to prevent it. If that means less waltzing around, that's the price you pay.

By the way, what is your purpose or activity in BG? Are you trying to cart? Are you hunting for players? Also, what is your server number and character level? I'll be happy to jump on and take a gander.

Dont tell me its my fault for not having the BT to back my honor lvl...I am strongest Mage on my Server and routinely beat people there who have 1 more Astral and 2 lvls over me.
              I assume you are a Crusader. Are you telling us that virtually every player in your CSBGs is under this honor? Come on. Mages have some easily divulged tricks to ensure their survivability too. If you're getting sat down when you're the "most powerful mage on your server", something is wrong with *this* not the honor system.

Good for you; you played honorably. The problem is the honor points don't take this facet of gameplay into consideration. Another issue is now *you* are the higher honor numerical/titled player that will be constantly targeted. Why? Players understand you will be giving a "nice chunk of honor" - just as you attacked others before you.

SO: Some Elite Warrior pumps up on 40, 50% Dryads and kills me for me loosing 200 honor is by no means acceptable. Simply cos I almost have no way making the Honor back. If I think to go out and stack Dryads myself, ill loose more Honor. Also, not many Knight Crusaders and above at my lvl bracket, so whats the point? If I go the serialkiller way to try and make back the honor...I will inevidably run into DryadStackers again.
              If you can't chain kill, then you must wait until the playing field is more balanced. If you are towards the top of the list in honor, you will be targeted and this is the price you pay.

Something is wrong with the System, when youre rendered useless and the Victim while actually being the strongest player on the field. Bugs me even more cos I made MY honor the nice way, NOT grieving countless weaker players. Its called "Honor" after all not "BullyPoints" - or "sneaky DryadStacker points" for that matter. If those guys would at least go after the serialkillers...but NO...
              Nice way or not, your honor rank+ is the key. You ascended the ranks... and now the rubber band effect is pulling you back. You have to play far more cautious.

Imho, CSBGs will be a desert soon, with nubgrievers and DryadStackers killing each other. People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore alos being locked out of the Boxes rewards. Which makes CSBGs as they are now a fail imho.
              Absolutely not. Players always go this route when they want to make an emphasis. Server will die. Event will die. Money lost. Plenty will continue to play at least to limp to the minimum PvP points for a mark. By the way, if you are the strongest mage, are you racking up the kills in GA/3v3? You get PvP points there too, ya know. Mark obtained; problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                Yes this is good, if they cant stand ppl stacking dryads on them pls recharge 1000k balens like namira and get to 90k or 160k br like chinese server.

Comment

~snip
                  Either you havent read half of what I wrote, or you misunderstood it. I notice you like to asume a position in a convesation where you can dominate the convo, as well as where it looks like your points are not debateable. You actually do not respond to what people post, but only produce and promote your own understanding. Whats the point in debating with you?

Comment

Either you havent read half of what I wrote, or you misunderstood it. I notice you like to asume a position in a convesation where you can dominate the convo, as well as where it looks like your points are not debateable. You actually do not respond to what people post, but only produce and promote your own understanding. Whats the point in debating with you?
                    What did I not take into consideration? I responded to each part of your post.

The honor system is apparently designed to be a rubber band of sorts. Provided a player has average BR (you stated BT?), lower honor tiered players will have a much easier time to gain honor, average tiered players will have an average ability to gain honor and, the section you fall into, the player with 'high' honor rank will have a difficult time in gaining honor.

By the way, you didn't have a problem with me agreeing with your post in another thread. Because I dissent, you now take little shots at me that have nothing to do with your point at large. Funny, eh?

Comment

What did I not take into consideration? I responded to each part of your post.

The honor system is apparently designed to be a rubber band of sorts. Provided a player has average BR (you stated BT?), lower honor tiered players will have a much easier time to gain honor, average tiered players will have an average ability to gain honor and, the section you fall into, the player with 'high' honor rank will have a difficult time in gaining honor.

By the way, you didn't have a problem with me agreeing with your post in another thread. Because I dissent, you now take little shots at me that have nothing to do with your point at large. Funny, eh?
                      You responded, but not in a way that encourages further talks. Only rebuttals. Hence my reply. Im far away from "taking llittle shots"...just mentioning what I notice. Also noticed that in the other thread youre mentioning . I dont know what is funny about people agreeing when they are agreeing, and disagreeing when they are not. Also, doesnt change my perception of how you argue. Seems to me you do it to "win", not to discuss a point.

The "BT" was a typo, I edited that . I think you were typing your reply when I did that.
                      Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

You responded, but not in a way that encourages further talks. Only rebuttals. Hence my reply. Im far away from "taking llittle shots"...just mentioning what I notice. Also noticed that in the other thread youre mentioning . I dont know what is funny about people agreeing when they are agreeing, and disagreeing when they are not. Also, doesnt change my perception of how you argue.

The "BT" was a typo, I edited that . I think you were typing your reply when I did that.
                        Off topic. I'm still waiting for your rebuttal regarding my response regarding your difficult time moving up in honor.

Comment

Good to know I was correct in you either not reading what I wrote, or not understanding it...it was the second.

I dont mind moving up in honor in BGs much. If that was my main concern, id have been a SerialKiller in Server BGs and make 1-2k per BGs, as many others.

My complaint is the Honor LOSS. Which you have failed to address. Im just not going to play BGs anymore because it ecnourages people to make me LOOSE honor - and rly fast at that - much more than it rewards my playing style with gaining honor. The relation is seriously out of whack.

Id be more than happy getting 2 kills for quest, cart most of the time and here and there knocking the occasional serial killer, just to make em pay a bit for what they do to the other players the whole time. THAT has become impossible, simply cos Im a prime Target for Dryadhunters, and once Im killed once or twice by one of those, making THAT loss back - hence coming out at +/- honor - is very close to impossible. Seems you missed all that in my post entirely by dissecting it sentence for sentence...
                          Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Good to know I was correct in you either not reading what I wrote, or not understanding it...it was the second.

I dont mind moving up in honor in BGs much. If that was my main concern, id have been a SerialKiller in Server BGs and make 1-2k per BGs, as many others.

My complaint is the Honor LOSS. Which you have failed to address. Im just not going to play BGs anymore because it ecnourages people to make me LOOSE honor - and rly fast at that - much more than it rewards my playing style with gaining honor. The relation is seriously out of whack.

Id be more than happy getting 2 kills for quest, cart most of the time and here and there knocking the occasional serial killer, just to make em pay a bit for what they do to the other players the whole time. THAT has become impossible, simply cos Im a prime Target for Dryadhunters, and once Im killed once or twice by one of those, making THAT loss back - hence coming out at +/- honor - is very close to impossible. Seems you missed all that in my post entirely by dissecting it sentence for sentence...
                            I have addressed it yet I will reiterate.

According to your own statements, you are in the upper tier of honor ranks/numerical ranks. This means players will be rewarded with more honor for a win than they will lose for a loss. The reverse is true for you. Therefore, you have to be far more cautious. This is the 'rubber band' effect of the honor system. When you were the low man on the totem pole insofar as honor went, I bet you didn't mind getting nice chunks of it when you were killing. When you were defeated, you lost little. Now that the reverse is true, you complain. You just cannot wander around and aimlessly kill. Carting might be off limits for you. You have something others want and will be targeted.

Again, I stated all this. You, and others, want some kind of a mitigation so you can freely climb honor levels. That may happen, or it may not (not as of 1.61 CHN) - but as it stands if you want to keep doing the status quo and losing (or not gaining fast enough?), by all means.

Comment

"Say a prayer for righteous bullets" [Terence Trent d'Arby - If you all go to Heaven]

You win. Happy now ?

I mean, I mentioned above: whats the point in arguing with you? Your using any assumption necessary , as well as misinterpretation of whats being written to make your point so: You win.

Ill just say "You win", knowing you misunderstood, and simply not play BGs anymore.

p.s: neither do you know what I want, nor have I been on the lower end of the Totem pole much on my Server. I havent used DryadStacking...as soon as I learend whats going on in BGs, I got my strength up, and played as I described above.
                              Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

"Say a prayer for righteous bullets" [Terence Trent d'Arby - If you all go to Heaven]

You win. Happy now ? I mean, I mentioned above: whats the point in arguing with you?
                                ...Because you cannot counter. Your primary complaint, as is the majority of players who complain about this, is the honor loss. The problem is, you and those others have *benefited* from the reverse of this when you/all were low in honor. It as if you want the benefits and but none of the drawbacks that go along with it. It doesn't work that way. You can elect not to BG and wait for other players (read: the average/mean) to rise so that you have an easier time gaining more honor.

You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks.

So, again, you have to find ways to work for you that are out of your comfort zone. I am not happy - as this is the system and I have to abide by it as do you.

Comment

Working...
                                X